It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there no other country's military bases in the US??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Comic line, making fun of the US Army in Europe in WWII.
“Overpaid, overfed, oversexed, and over here)”

There was a good humoured banter between the GIs that were stationed in Britain prior to and during WWII and the British citizenry. The GIs had a come-back - calling the Brits,

"underpaid, undersexed underfed and under Eisenhower".

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Can someone provide a reason "why" another country might require a foreign base in the United States?

According to Ecuador, "because you have one in mine".

Ecuador Wants Miami Base lol

edit on 19-4-2012 by PulsusMeusGallo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BLACKCLOUD21

If they don't ask us, we ask them and they say yes.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The reason there are no foreign millitary bases is there is no actual visible threat of an attack on American soil or on one of its neighbours.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

Because America does not require foreign powers to protect them. Other countries look to America when SHTF, and our bases provide worldwide stability. Not a difficult question to answer, seems to me OP just wants to start something.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Why is this thread still going?

Not hating.

I thought we established that they do have bases here in the US on page one.

Everyone is like

"Because we bad azz"

and

"Because we dont need'em"

Damn.

its like people dont read.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I have no idea what you are talking about.

The world is simple. When two tigers encircle you, and one says it won't bother you if you don't go against it, and the other won't bother you if you do what it says, people tend to go with the former than the later. It's an issue of if you have to choose a side, chose the one that is more freer. And while no oe is perfect, at this moment in time, nations are freer if they choose America over Russia or China.

That's the game of geopolitics. And to be frank, where one falls, another will always take it's place. it's not an issue of mind your own business. It's a natural law that one side will always become greater than the other. Super powers don't fall and then there is freedom. Super powers simply are. It's a matter of how the superpower treats the other nations. Before America, Russia, and China, it was England, France, and Spain. Before them, it was someone else. And after America, China, and Russia, it will be someone else. Who knows. Maybe India, Brazil, and Iran.

The cycle cannot be broken...to quote Mass Effect.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
1) There are many foreign outfits in the USA, just not as visible as our bases overseas. We put our bases in the spotlight, but how would, say, admitting that NATO troops training here be received by John Q. Public?
2) Yes, New Mexico still has German soldiers here, on the ground and in flight school. There's been unreported, under-reported, and unfriendly encounters with U.S. citizens that have stumbled across restricted areas. I have no verifiable knowledge of other foreign participation in my locale.
3) "Internment" camps are here; nothing but huge, empty barbed-wire enclosures in the High Desert. I use the quotation marks because I'm not 100% positive of its intended nature, but I doubt it's for a new Jurassic Park.
4) The railroads that lead to the above.
5) Threads endure sometimes because not everyone takes the time to read all of the posts, and not everyone is going to believe your or my input. See: "Chiming in."

And I will prove my "Chiming in" theory because I'd rather just ask questions now than do the research. (Because this is my first time here and I don't know any of you from grays or Aykroyds)
1) Any commentary on the decals placed on the reverse side of traffic signs?
2) Any threads concerning the readiness of the National Guard and local police departments to impose Marshall Law?
3) Any talk about the fact that since 1985 every single car sold in the USA can be instantly demobilized by the Fed? (Check it out in the Popular Mechanics archives)
4) Recently passed legislation giving President Obama and his successors the authority to shut down the entire Internet for "National Security?" (2011)
5) ECHELON? "Ancient" eavesdropping on anyone.

OK, my first post here so let's see if I survive the MIB, the ATS backlash, and all that skita. I'm just wondering if I'm paranoid or justified.

Thank you for your response. Facts are facts and there's no such thing as a wrong opinion.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

Yep!

You dug your own graves...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
We may not have foreign countries bases in the US, but we have plenty of foreign nations sending their troops here to train. Go on any post or base and you will see all kinds of interesting foreign uniforms walking around. The other day I got behind some Pakistani soldiers in line at the PX and they were loaded up with potato chips and candy! ****god bless the USA!**** lol, cause everybody loves American junk food, right??? The USA is truly the land of the "big PX" lord only knows what they'd buy if they went to Wal-mart!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Simple answer: because the US has very little to offer in terms of strategic positioning on the globe.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Trolls are used by governments, foreign and domestic. Trolls are also paid by commercial interests to direct your purchases to their clients. Trolls do troll in every Internet forum and it's nothing new. They are hired to lie, cheat, steal, and spam in every forum on earth for, oh, I dunno, maybe money? Is that even possible? Professional "customers" or "clients" or "experienced buyers" or "purchase reviewers" or whatever reads well and/or sounds like whatever lazy, gullible readers need so as not to spend the time to learn for themselves.

Trolls are employed by anyone offering whatever the trolls want. They slander, libel, fabricate, and people accept this skita as if these "on-line, anonymous people that want to help others" care about you personally. I mean, why else would they spend the time and effort to help you if they weren't telling the truth?

H'mm. Maybe I am the imbecilic one that is lying and wasting my time to screw others, because I dang forgot to get paid!

edit on 26-4-2012 by RebelwoaCloo because: Newbie at this site, I mis-posted. I admit it, and I am correcting it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There are no bases from other countries because there is no need for them to be here. We have bases overseas for a few reasons, mostly due to that country wanting us there. You can see that we have worn out our welcome in a few spots...Japan, Korea, Afgan, to name a few. Hell even South Korea wants us out of Seoul, but that's due to the growth of the GSMA.

We have tons of combined forces working out of bases in the US, but we would never allow another country to station it's assets on our soil...won't happen.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by MattNC

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by alldaylong

Originally posted by Adyta
Because nobody has defeated us and we have not begged for anyones protection.
edit on 4/18/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

Had you forgotten about The Viet Cong?

We must also remember the farmers in Iraq who beat the USA, and the soon to be defeat by the hands of the goat herders in Afghanistan.

Star for you!

Last I checked, the objective was to oust a dictator in Iraq and take that countries ability to threaten other countries in the region.

Objective achieved, we're pulling out as per the plan.

The country is worse of today, and is now a breeding ground for terrorists. Moreso, than what it was under Saddam's control. So no, objective not achieved. The USA pulled out because they were losing, and have now lost. Both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were/are wars that cannot be won. Just how the USA lost the Vietnam war. It is virtually the same, just set in the Middle East.

You're trying to spin the meaning of "defeat" so you can take a shot at the US Military. You're just a bitter Ausie and you're in the very much minority. I work with Ausies almost daily. A hardy bunch with great attitudes toward life. They get it's not all roses but soilder on.

The USA was defeated in Iraq. Terrorists are raising hell there, much worse than what it was when Saddam was in power. So, if one were to address the Iraq war under "official" circumstance, as you did. The war was very much a failure.

There isn't a military power in the world that could go toe-to-toe with the US Military. Russia and China would provide the most trouble. But here's the key thing: There's no reason for them to do so.

Keep on wanking mate. The USA hasn't won a proper war since the assistance they gave in WW2.

Korea - Stalemate
Vietnam - Defeat (At the hands of farmers)
1st Gulf War - essentially a loss, considering Saddam regained power
2nd Gulf War/Iraq War - Loss, due to increased instability
Afghanistan - Will be a loss once left to the control of the Afghan National Army.
edit on 18-4-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

Vietnam wasn't a military defeat. Rules of engagement and political policy made that war impossible. The US defeated the Vietcong and NVA at every engagement.

1st. Gulf War was a complete success and we did everything we set out to do.

2nd Gulf War, also a complete success. Iraqi military destroyed and Baghdad taken in less than a month.
Again, US military dominated every engagement before and after the fall of Baghdad. Everything after that is politics and can not be won militarily, no matter how powerful the army. If slaughtering every man, woman, and child was an option, would have been finished in 2003.

Afghanistan, See Iraq.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Yes, the leader of the free world invades other countries against their will, kills innocent civilians, and sets up crooked governments and banks against the peoples will. Yes, we are such a great nation. Not...America is one of the biggest bully nation the world has ever really seen for quite some time.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This thread should be a sticky for all those brainwashed patriots of the USA!

"...because we haven't been defeated...."

"...who would want to mess with us?....."

The reason no one else (other countries) wants to have bases anywhere in the world like the USA, it's because no one else wants to be labeled the:

#1 terrorist country in the world!
edit on 23-5-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
its also cause we give vast sums of money and resources to these countries so we can put a base there. on a side note, whatever happened to that story about china getting thousands of acres of land across the us so they could start up manufacturing facilities here but under there guidelines?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
Because other countries ask for us.

and if they dont you will just remove their elected government and help some dictator 'freindly' to US interests along!
edit on 2-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: and I'm NOT kidding!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest
Simple answer: because the US has very little to offer in terms of strategic positioning on the globe.

This is true! NO ONE wants to be in Iowa!

lol

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
naive american child wishing to see other countries hold bases in your country. You ask a question that you know the answer to lets hope that violence you desire finds you. I know exactly where you are coming from! instigator! and hypothetical! not knowing what would happen to you should such a order fail and should such an order succeed!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join