It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there no other country's military bases in the US??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
All depends of your point of 'Military'

The cartel's have plenty of bases within the US?

Don't limit your point of perspective. To take over a nation does not always require a force of people. Think about it.

RM

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sozen94

Originally posted by Adyta

Originally posted by edaced4

but that almost doesn't make sense. Why should we (US) be allowed to have a military presence in other countries, but those countries have no presence here?

We have a base in Japan because they attacked us and got their ass royally beat.

Yeah... dropping nuclear bombs on a country counts as 'royally beat'. You should be so proud.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Sozen94 because: (no reason given)

ugh... yes... yes it does actually.

When the enemy surrenders, no matter HOW it was done, that is a victory.

it's not the 1500's anymore. We don't have to go to war with swords and shields for it to be a legitimate victory.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
When countries have an empire, the minion countries (those countries which are PART of the empire) don't have military bases in the mother country, but the mother country has plenty of military bases around the world.

This was true of the Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Spanish, French, Ottoman, Japanese, Chinese, British, German, and Russian empires, to name a few, and is the same in America today.

Anyone who denies that a country with military bases in over 50 foreign countries is running an empire is delusional.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Because the USA Controls and Enforces Freedom! And nothing should stand in the way of securing the price of Freedom except...FREEDOM... oh wait.

Now that said most countries ask for it but we do need to back off and let them grow up and control their own people in a healthy and productive way. But then that does not always suit the rich.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Because nobody has defeated us and we have not begged for anyones protection.

I beg to differ:

The war of 1812

Korea,

Vietnam

"The war on terror"

The list is not as short as you think.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This thread will only get bashes and made of a mockery of the people who are civilians of the country your takling about ...

The true reason is the Globe and all its country leaders are all connected and work together to control society and what we call "reality". America is their stronghold (the elites) .. it doesnt get more clear then that.

When one stops looking at each country divided like the elites want you too, and realize that the leaders of the major countries are actually 'in it together'. Then things will become alot more clear for that individual.

~ Love is an art

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Wow, the arrogance displayed in this thread is astounding. If you's all want to be arrogant, you can get #ed.

I don't even know why we allow the USA to have bases over here when you's all share this type of arrogance and dominating ideologies, looking down upon other nations as if you's are Gods.

I laughed at this, it's so true. But when you look at what other nations do they're no better at all. This forum is largely dominated by US population and I love how its arrogance, ignorance, intolerance and sheer stupidity is just as abundant (and often more so) in forums of other nations.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
THIS COUNTRY IS THE HOME, BASE, AND CAPITAL OF THE ILLUMINATI. AMERICA IS THE EYE ON TOP OF THE PYRAMID AND SHE SENDS SOLDIERS TO SPY AND DESTROY EVERY COUNTRY IT CAN THAT HAS ITS OWN THOUGHT AND OPINIONS. WHEN ARE YOU IDIOTS OUT THERE GOING TO WAKE UP AMERICA IS NOT A BECKON OF HOPE ITS IS DESTROYERS OF NATIONS AND PEOPLE!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
reply to post by Adyta

I beg to differ:

The war of 1812

Korea,

Vietnam

"The war on terror"

The war on terror isn't really "lost" per se

The problem is, that we keep choosing to fight wars against either ideas, or an enemy that we cannot easily identify (until it's too late most times.)

In a toe-to-toe war, I don't think there is any country in the world that could stand up to us. Not that I would want to see any major players (and Russia is definitely NOT one of them. I am sorry, but do some research on that. They are not what they used to be, their military is old and rusted.)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Houdeani
reply to post by edaced4

Why are there no other country's military bases in the US? simply because The US hasn't been invaded and then defeated.

What's that got to do with it? We allow US bases in The UK. The UK has not been invaded or defeated.......or do you know something i don't?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
The US is the leader of the free world...

Why would, a leader of the free world allow for military influence of another who is not the leader to be present in their country?

The US defends the ability to become free, and provides means of doing so.

US is not my leader..!!

Australia has never begged the US for protection either. In fact it was the US that asked if they could put bases here...

IF I ever make it to PM tho, that will be a thiung of the past...lol
edit on 4/19/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cdaddy1034

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
reply to post by Adyta

I beg to differ:

The war of 1812

Korea,

Vietnam

"The war on terror"

The war on terror isn't really "lost" per se

The problem is, that we keep choosing to fight wars against either ideas, or an enemy that we cannot easily identify (until it's too late most times.)

In a toe-to-toe war, I don't think there is any country in the world that could stand up to us. Not that I would want to see any major players (and Russia is definitely NOT one of them. I am sorry, but do some research on that. They are not what they used to be, their military is old and rusted.)

If you think Russia is no match against The US then you are a naive fool. This alone makes them a major global threat:-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
The Germans were down at Holman afb for years.

They still may have an outfit there.

The Germans were/ are at Fort Bliss as well.

I myself cannot understand the sarcasm in some of these responses, it's as if they are bitter that there are no foreign military bases on US soil. To them I say, "be careful what you ask for" because the way things are going, we just may have a UN police state active and in full force soon.

I bet these same people will gripe and complain about that too.
Some people you just can't reach.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Most countries beg for US bases on there soil. The bases bring in alot of money to local economies and govt. in most cases.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well after World War 2 the U.S. started to take over with military.Seems like they keep on going as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
They do, the Luftwaffe at Hollaman AFB, and the RAF at Creech AFB.

The US is the leader of the free world...

No, it isn't. The laughable phrase you're confusing is the US president as "leader of the free world", and of course only America encompasses the free world...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

There aren't any "US bases" in the UK, there are few US tenant units at RAF bases though. Much like the RAF at Creech AFB, and frequent weapons testing squadrons at Nellis.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

because Americans are #1 we rule the world!
reply to post by BiggerPicture

#1 at 32% overall something or other. Oh yes, and first to be obey the commands of Israel.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by trouble_every_day

The US is not an empire though. It has already been stated again and again there are "bases" in the US. For operating facilities, taking part in warfare exercises, using weapon ranges, gaining flight experience with UAVs, a whole host of reasons.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
edit on 4/18/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

And you will NEVER hear us begg for protection either... Once "We the people" regain controle of our run away military/government these bases will start to go away and everyone can fend for themselfs again. The giant will go back to sleep and wait for a real reason to wake up. Oooh say like WWIII, that would be a real reason to unleash the beast.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join