It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there no other country's military bases in the US??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by beezzer

USA has a demanding and God like ideology where they think they are better than everyone else, and feel as if they need bases in every reach of the globe..

BOOM! Take that you American scum bags!
Jokes!

In all honesty though, I have NEVER met an American who was not up their own arse about how amazing they believe their country to be. It's frankly hilarious!

I think the U.S believes itself to be better than everyone else because since day one they adopted the approach of "Bigger is Better".

I suppose us Europeans should remind you that "It's not the size that counts but how you use it."

(I'd still drop everything and move to the US if i could though!)
edit on 19-4-2012 by LacunA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LacunA

reply to post by beezzer

USA has a demanding and God like ideology where they think they are better than everyone else, and feel as if they need bases in every reach of the globe..

BOOM! Take that you American scum bags!
Jokes!

In all honesty though, I have NEVER met an American who was not up their own arse about how amazing they believe their country to be. It's frankly hilarious!

I think the U.S believes itself to be better than everyone else because since day one they adopted the approach of "Bigger is Better".

I suppose us Europeans should remind you that "It's not the size that counts but how you use it."

(I'd still drop everything and move to the US if i could though!)
edit on 19-4-2012 by LacunA because: (no reason given)

Sooooo, we aren't supposed to like the country we live in?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
For the poster who stated noone's ever 'beaten' the US. Did you go to school or were you home-schooled in a backwoods trailer in some god-forsaken 'park'?

Read:
Somalia - ass kicked
Iraq: Going nowhere - skulked away tail between legs - no win - the insurgents won!
Afghanistan - as above - more body bags you can NEVER win there - Taliban win!
Going back to Korea - ass whoop by the commies - result = divided nation. Call than a win?
How about Vietnam - was not exactly a win.

In fact tell me ONE conflict since WW2 (which was a world war - mainly won by Russia on the Eastern front) that the US of A has EVER won outright?

And now you are eyeing up Iran? To quote Rambo-First Blood - make sure you got a good supply of body bags!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

Ever hear of MONROE DOCTRINE (actually written by then Secretary of State John Quincy Adams in 1824)
states that the US will resist all attempts for foreign (read European, later Japan) to establish military bases
in the Western Hemisphere

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

There's a rather large difference between like and ramming it down peoples throats.

All hail AMEEERIKA!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The answer to the question is quite simple: We are the worlds only superpower and dominant empire. This isn't arrogance it's the truth. Imperialism 101.

This will not last however because we are bankrupt, financially and morally.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4
Not complaining...but why? The US has bases or "presence" in several countries around the world...including about 40 different bases around Syria and Iran. Why do not other powers in the world have bases here? I have looked at this one: www.abovetopsecret.com...], but it's almost 10 years old.

Then there's this one: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-4-2012 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

That's just one of the perks of being the worlds last true super power. Even if we aren't close to our former glory. Plus would could any other country offer us by placing a base here? Absolutely nothing. No other country has anything we don't.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Yeah!! Become free or else we'll bomb your country to smitherines and take you natural resources.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

This reminds me of a line in the show "Cube" Dunno if any of you ever saw it. I'm paraphrasing " Nobody is in charge. It's a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan"

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

We don't need bases anywhere but our own land.

True.

But is that the justification for why there are no foreign bases in the US?

Aside from where there is obvious conflict which NATO/UN is involved in bringing about the need for a military base, the usual reason is due to training and tactical reasoning, the foreign base learning about the environment they are in and learning from the local military - this is certainly more true since the official end of the cold war. Those establishing bases in a foreign land are doing so to learn from those in that area....

Hmmmm, if this is the case then why no foreign bases in the US? Answers on a postcard I guess.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Britain should have base there...
just because germany got presence over there and we getting jealous

and anyways america was ours first can we have small portion back???
you guys got some of britain? why not give equal amount back since we stopped wearing blue and red coats and stopped killing each other

(then again the friendly fire by US troops is questionable... you guys say you grew up with guns? my grandma could shoot better)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Don't let us. Lobby your government to kick us out.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We don't even keep our factories on American soil due to greed.

What makes you think we'd ever allow a foreign country to allow any kind of base?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Keep in mind that this is over 20 years old now and all the negativity in this song, which is based on verifiable facts, have only escalated.

This is why America has no foreign troops on its soil. For all the political, ideological, and religious grandstanding that the rest of the world may "partake" of from time to time, at the base of it all they're afraid of our military and the mindset of the men who run it. They'll spend trillions killing people overseas which leaves next to nothing to take care of it's own at home. Leaving people to fend for themselves. The same people the military says they're fighting for. If I were a foreign country looking in at how America operates, I'd be afraid of us too. Our leaders are nuts.

Prove me wrong.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just wanted to say many thanks to all that have replied. I came here to learn, and learn I have. To those that made me aware that there are other countries represented here, thanks! I honestly had no idea

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by edaced4

Because we're rich.

Simple as that.

Really? Are you? Does every American on here feel monetarily 'richer' than non Americans? Do you have no deficit?
Does your army like to spend a lot of time on the soil of other countries? Is there a net gain for many other countries (quite a few have already been mentioned) to be based in America? Do you even like the taste of your own national beers?

The last point is almost but not quite in jest, some amazing micro breweries in America but that is exactly what they are - micro breweries, not national.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by edaced4

Ever hear of MONROE DOCTRINE (actually written by then Secretary of State John Quincy Adams in 1824)
states that the US will resist all attempts for foreign (read European, later Japan) to establish military bases
in the Western Hemisphere

The Monroe doctrine isn't a legal document and since when (some of you may be shocked by this) does America make rules for all of the Western Hemisphere? It doesn't, please take no offence, but America doesn't actually make decisions for the rest of the hemisphere, some people just think it does.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Naphariel

I was going to say. Unless someone has a beef with Mexico or Canada, there really is no reason to have a base here.

And what are the chances someone will have a beef with Mexico or Canada?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LacunA
reply to post by LiberLegit

There's a rather large difference between like and ramming it down peoples throats.

All hail AMEEERIKA!

Yet other people, from different countries (such as yourself, I presume) are allowed to openly mock us? Right.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
English Farmer shows Texan Farmer round his farm
Texan Farmer boasts - "Why back home it takes me all day just to drive round my ranch in my 4x4"
English Farmer replies - "Gosh all day - I would buy a new 4x4 if I was you"

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join