It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there no other country's military bases in the US??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
The US is the leader of the free world...

Why would, a leader of the free world allow for military influence of another who is not the leader to be present in their country?

The US defends the ability to become free, and provides means of doing so.

Try replacing the word "free" with the word "enslaved"

The US is the leader of the enslaved world... Why would, a leader of the enslaved world allow for military influence of another who is not the leader to be present in their country? The US defends the ability to become enslaved, and provides means of doing so.

It sounds so much more true now, doesnt it?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My country (Netherlands) is about the size of Rhode Island, and we send in our dutch Marines and 1 naval ship
to help New Orleans during the Katrina disaster in 2005. (They were stationed nearby at Curacao island, a dutch territory). Don't know if this 'naval operation' was succesful.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
1. Find radical general/dictator in a region you want to have a military presence in, provide money, resources and weapons to help said general/dictator to maintain absolute control over the populace or establish a coup against the ruling, uncooperative party.

2. Find separatist group in a region you want to have a military presence in, provide money, resources, weapons and heavy MSM coverage to make said separatist group look like "freedom fighters" to establish a coup against the ruling, uncooperative party.

Psychological Operations in Support of Internal Defense Programs.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Empires through out history never had or will have another countries military base on they're soil.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4
reply to post by Adyta

but that almost doesn't make sense. Why should we (US) be allowed to have a military presence in other countries, but those countries have no presence here?

It's not really about some person LETTING us. We are being asked in most cases to set up a base in their country, or we ask them if we can because it would make logistics easier for us in times of war (so that we can protect them.)

Additionally, no other country has a sphere of influence like us. We can literally deploy our troops anywhere in the world on very short notice.

Most other countries don't have the logistics it would take to set up a base on our land. Also this is not something that would be viewed by the general population in a good light.

Also, with the types of gun laws we have in this country, nobody wants to occupy us, as it would mean certain death for the troops if the SHTF.
edit on 18-4-2012 by Cdaddy1034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by daaskapital

I am not quite sure it is a "God" like mentality. Most of our foreign bases served a purpose immediately after WWII (this of course doesn't justify, just explains). Many bases are kept to maintain a projection of power and establish a sphere of influence in the region.

I contend that with technology and logistical support that we maintain, we could easily reduce our foreign presence to just Japan, Germany and England and still maintain our spheres of influence and projection of power.

Although such would require a scaling back of power and we all know just how much Washington hates to do such things.

and why would we (the US) need to "maintain our spheres of influence and projection of power"? Why do we need to have 40+ bases/presences around Iran and Syria? Look at a map of US military presence in these areas...

I know that all things that are accessible via the internet are viable...but I think this map kinda is...www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Don't know where you have been the last 11 years... But we are at war in the area... those bases serve to supply and deploy our troops

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
because Americans are #1

we rule the world!

Sorry to burst your bubble pal but though you think USA rules the world that is a false statement.

So you say Americans are... " #1 "...Yet there are many American country's -so Chile, Paraguay, Ecuador, Peru but to name a few of over 30 other American country's - so these are all #1 according to your statement.

My question to you is - Though of course you mean USA is #1 - One or #1 at what?
And again USA does not rule the world - try not get too upset

edit on 18-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Can someone provide a reason "why" another country might require a foreign base in the United States?

2nd

Strategical advantage/benefit in case of tension with countries in the american continent?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
because Americans are #1

we rule the world!

To rule The World means that you fear no-one.

However, The US would not invade and liberate North Korea because they fear The Chinese

The US would not invade and liberate Syria because they fear The Russians,

So now tell us that you rule The World.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by JailTales

Our economic collapse will mean the death of your economy Everyone is connected like a chain. You celebrate our death, it is your death as well.

Civilized people dont celebrate the collapse and death of any country or anyone. The government is not the citizens, but I see many do not really comprehend that. As in Greece, the citizens were not in control of their collapse, but they are the ones suffering so much. The ones who created the collapse are reaping the benefits.

Hate a people you dont even know. You have the exact mindset of my disgusting fellow Americans who promote the slaughter in the ME. Congrats, you are what you hate.

Greece in collapse?
Doesn't look like that to me. Just came back from my holidays in Greece and we are enjoying our sovlaki and tzatsiki like any other day.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Haven't read the whole thread but does seem to be a lot of controversy on the subject .. These U.S. bases are either owned for a price or rented and that goes into billions of dollars a year. ...maybe 900 bases.?

There used to be a saying about these rented bases....You pay me for my protection......
edit on 18-4-2012 by ellieN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cdaddy1034

Yes, I realize that. But...that's a whole other topic for discussion...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
arrogance,ignorance and the fact the U.S dosnt give a # about its people ,all they are is cannon fodder for the rich , and im sorry to break the hearts and minds of the blind by removeing the blinkers but America hasnt won every war its been involved with ( vietnam and the current afghanistan ) and if we want to go back to ww2 it wasnt going to help in that war untill great britan gave up most of its power accross the world and hand it over to america it also wanted the spoils of war from the nazi war machine , thats where your fancy space rockets came from .. nazis.. and in fact theres a nice little vid of a nazi sympathiser rally in new york posted right here in ATS .. if you even dig a little further into it then your ariea 51 is the new ss head quarters (sort of) stealth fighter looks very nazi like dont you think ?
the main reason why no country wants bases in America is this --> ROFL the most hated country in the world you say ? have a base there you say ? if i ran a country i would be to embarrassed by its lack of war winning to have a base there (no offence) America isnt the leader of the free world , the world and all thats in it isnt free and for a country to boast about freedom it sure dosnt like other countries haveing nukes to defend its self against it .. arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand , oh and they didnt win in iraq , quite a few countries were involved there same as afghanistan and as we see its a no win situation and troops are being pulled out because its a no win situation.. the smart leaders of the world know if America joins in a war it will simply send more troops than any other country as it has the most fodder to get rid of back home for the next years school leavers to take jobs etc ............i hate to rant .. no reply needed or wanted to my post as i will simply ignor it ..

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

If they couldn't defeat the vietnamese what hope do they have against China and Russia ?

No wonder they fear them.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I doubt very seriously that China or Russia would want a war with the U.S. It is probably a lot of fear for them too. So I would say it is a mutual feeling for all 3 countries. And for good reason. These 3 countries at war would have a very bad end.
One country goes down..it doesn't matter which one...2 left...a power struggle battle between those 2. The losers? All of us every where.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by OmegaVice
I agree completely, however, right before the economic downturn of 08, I believe the F-117 wing was relocated to Clovis

Officially the F-117 was retired and there are no more active wings. The plane was expensive to maintain and better technology, the F-22, was on its way in. I am not sure how you can see it as making the base "frozen. While much of the current infrastructure and support could easily be ported over to maintain the newest stealth fighter, other aspects needed to be upgraded. Most bases in ACC (Air Combat Command) that are stateside are heavy training bases with high turnover rate (though this has changed when they changed the time-on-station requirements).

For instance, when I was there we were working with an ancient ground radar -- since then, they have put into place a more modern radar to help facilitate the new aircraft and provide better terminal support.

As far as why there are no foreign bases, my guess is that it just isn't needed. Most countries have no need to project power from within the United States (Mexico and Canada being benign). England projects its power in the Falklands and I would wager there are many small clandestine bases in South America that other larger nations maintain.

I know of one in South America that is a joint base (always wanted to get it but so did everyone else) that houses a joint military force with other countries. Same with our NATO bases in Europe.

If the United States had a terrible war (we say screw it and start taking over the world or someone attacks us) and we called upon allies, I would guess that bases would be established and be maintained after such a war ended. That is typically how many of our bases worldwide came into existence. Other countries tolerate our bases because it brings in a source of revenue.

By frozen, I mean, no orders into Holloman were allowed to go through. You could leave, but you couldn't come in.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
We have bases in 170+ countries...
I'm not going to bother with a link. People should know this by now....it's an absolute fact.

edit on 18-4-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The US military didn't lose any large scale battles in Viet Nam we were stopped by political leaders.
Desert Storm was a set up to lessen Saddam's power as he required containment ,I did that, I was a lead element 7th Cav 1CD. The mission was to destroy his primary armored forces.That was all.We could have easily rolled into Bagdad but the "Highway of death" upset the world and our war scared the hell out of Russia. And those were not our orders.We had a much larger force that the current Army today deployed there at that time.
Korea is contained otherwise we would have to kill a butt load of programmed people,how sad would that be?
Gee ,China just got pushy naval wise with the Phillipines. Do you live near there?

Those Marines are coming for your beer, like I said in my last post in your last ranting effort.'Scuse me I got to clean my assault rifle again.What ,YOU don't have one?
edit on 18-4-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: bad grammer

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I believe you are correct. There is still a German squadron stationed at Holloman.

I will see if there is a reference.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Too bored to plow through five pages of senseless flaming to see if this was posted, but here is the link to the German Air Force at Holloman AFB:

German Air Force TTC

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join