It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there no other country's military bases in the US??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The Germans have a tactical training center at Holoman as we speak.

Although it has been reduced to 25 planes.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
because Americans are #1

we rule the world!

link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
The Germans were down at Holman afb for years.

They still may have an outfit there.

You are correct.
I never knew that.

www.holloman.af.mil...

Guess I better read that Jim Marrs book about the 4th reich after all.
Just kidding !

link   
reply to post by beezzer

No, I cannot provide a why. I was wondering why the US is the only country in the world to NOT have a military base from another country...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I never said fair...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
NORAD is probably as close as you would get to having a foreign power in the US. at least every two years that is.

edit on 18/4/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

That isn't true. The Germans have a command at Holloman AFB and an entire wing of fighters. There is foreign presence in the United States, just not military bases that are solely foreign.

ETA: Someone already pointed this out. They were a blast though. Partied many nights with the German boys; they can draw in the ladies!
edit on 18-4-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Why are there no foreign military bases inside the United States? I think the answer is very simple. We don't need them here, others need us there. Those nations don't seem to think it's cool to admit it these days, but they do need our presence...even if they complain bitterly about everything that comes with it.

When they tell a bigger nation or even an equal to kiss their butt and pound sand on something, it isn't their own military in Bahrain or Eritrea or Japan that those leaders are thinking about for cashing the check their mouth may bring due some day. It's the United States standing behind whatever presence we have in their nation.

We use other nations. Yes, we do. They, in turn, use us for the BIG STICK that having us in their Capital City as more than a simple Embassy gives THEM in whatever dealings they do around the world. It's a warped little system and I prefer Ron Paul's idea of just bringing it all home and dealing with other nations on terms equal to the ability of each nation....not raw force. It's the system we have though.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Germany actually has a considerable presence on U.S. bases, particularly at the previously mentioned Holloman Air Force Base, Luke Air Force Base, and an air defense school at Fort Bliss.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Air_Force#Tactical_training_centers]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Air_Force#Tactical_training_centers[/ url]

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Then why not address the question.

What justification is there, for foreign military, to have bases in the continental United States?

Is there any?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm pretty sure that Australia can defend itself without the help of the USA, as we have done in the past.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We don't need bases anywhere but our own land. the USA has a demanding and God like ideology where they think they are better than everyone else, and feel as if they need bases in every reach of the globe. Australia does not need the USA, and we don't need to have a base there, to recieve/give help.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0subsZero13
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

i hope this is sarcasm

OMG It says gullible on the ceiling!

Yes it was sarcasm...

O wait.. It says gullible on the ceiling!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by beezzer

We don't need bases anywhere but our own land.

True.

But is that the justification for why there are no foreign bases in the US?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I am not quite sure it is a "God" like mentality. Most of our foreign bases served a purpose immediately after WWII (this of course doesn't justify, just explains). Many bases are kept to maintain a projection of power and establish a sphere of influence in the region.

I contend that with technology and logistical support that we maintain, we could easily reduce our foreign presence to just Japan, Germany and England and still maintain our spheres of influence and projection of power.

Although such would require a scaling back of power and we all know just how much Washington hates to do such things.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

I am not quite sure it is a "God" like mentality. Most of our foreign bases served a purpose immediately after WWII (this of course doesn't justify, just explains). Many bases are kept to maintain a projection of power and establish a sphere of influence in the region.

I contend that with technology and logistical support that we maintain, we could easily reduce our foreign presence to just Japan, Germany and England and still maintain our spheres of influence and projection of power.

Although such would require a scaling back of power and we all know just how much Washington hates to do such things.

and why would we (the US) need to "maintain our spheres of influence and projection of power"? Why do we need to have 40+ bases/presences around Iran and Syria? Look at a map of US military presence in these areas...

I know that all things that are accessible via the internet are viable...but I think this map kinda is...www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4

but that almost doesn't make sense. Why should we (US) be allowed to have a military presence in other countries, but those countries have no presence here?

Most of our bases are in countries that have either attacked us or have asked for our presence there to protect them.

We have a base in South Korea because they want us there.
We have a base in Japan because they attacked us and got their ass royally beat.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4
and why would we (the US) need to "maintain our spheres of influence and projection of power"? Why do we need to have 40+ bases/presences around Iran and Syria? Look at a map of US military presence in these areas...

I know that all things that are accessible via the internet are viable...but I think this map kinda is..

Which is exactly what I argued against. Given our technological and logistical advantage, I personally see no need for much of the presence we maintain today. So on your question, I agree with it.

Personally, I would much prefer we reduced it to what I stated earlier and would even agree to a joint training expeditionary force in which we didn't have a base, but presence with other countries. Sadly, giving up power isn't the political thing to do.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Overseas bases are for extending and protecting an empire.
A base on foreign soil is colonisation and invasion by subterfuge. It matters not how a base got where nor does it matters what the outward reasons appear to be, it is simply extension and protection of an empire.
It is simplistic to suggest that an american permanent base means little or nothing politically and militarily - it means a lot. Propoganda or lack of coverage altogether can ensure that this situation remains tenable.

There are no foreign bases in america because that would constitute a hostile invasion which is currently not possible.
edit on 18-4-2012 by trouble_every_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

We don't need bases anywhere but our own land.

True.

But is that the justification for why there are no foreign bases in the US?
Is that also the justification as to why they (Australia) get most of their weapons from the US?

No, Mr.daaskapital just hates the US, or at least the people who inhabit the US; says we're "ignorant". At least almost every single post I seen of his is just him either bashing the citizenry of the US, or defending his words on that topic.

Well I hate to inform you Mr.kapital, but a good chunk of the people in the US don't very much like our Govt either. We probably hate them a lot more than you do, you don't live in the US, remember? We get to deal with their crap on a daily basis... They screw with our economy, they screw with our food, our health, our psyche. Of course we're going to get pissed when you call us "ignorant".

I'm pretty sure I can find some stuck up aussies who think that their country is the toughest, most badass, and "godlike" on the planet so stop singling out us US citizens just because you have some sort of grudge.

Like I said, you don't live here. You don't have to pay your taxes to that Govt knowing full well that it is just being wasted on pointless crap so the upper class and the 'elite' of the Government can rule over everyone else in complete comfort.

As for the bases, it's like I said in the last post. I doubt it's because they "need" it. It's just the US govt bullying them into letting us in. It's disgusting.
edit on 4/18/2012 by ArrowsNV because: added a bit

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm pretty sure that Australia can defend itself without the help of the USA, as we have done in the past.

I'm not your opponent on this. Really, none of us are up here. Look to your leaders as we need to look to ours. Several leaders in your government listened to several leaders in our government and together they brainstormed the BAD idea of sending the U.S. Marines to Australia. I wish it hadn't happened..and no one asked me any more than they asked you.

Australia was definitely not a nation I was thinking about in terms of needing us more than we need you. In the almost unique case of Australia....along with England and a couple others around the world, it's kinda of a mutual parasite thing. lol.. I mean we get screwed in ways and you get screwed in ways. At least we both do in the public. It would be nice if we all kept our military forces to our national Embassies or home except in time of total war. Eh? It won't happen in our life times..but perhaps our Children will see it in theirs.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join