It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tupac hologram performs at Coachella

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i would like to have a hologram of an ex girlfriend in my room.... now thats not creepy

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
i would like to have a hologram of an ex girlfriend in my room.... now thats not creepy

George Lucas beat you to it in THX 1138. Cant find the scene at the moment though....will update.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by looofo

a screen can be as simple as a see-through piece of plastic that the light bounces off. a projection NEEDS a screen

a hologram doesnt, but needs multiple projectors (usually)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SahaniWaya

The Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour was supposed to produce a holographic image of Michael Jackson in their show but at the last minute they canned it. It's still an awesome show however.

Seeing Tupac back on stage as a holographic image was kind of cool

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
found this cool video that explains how this system works

vimeo.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Tupacs hologram at Coachella was prolly only person there for the music.....

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo
thats some pretty freakin amazin sh!t right there!!!

didnt even know we could make holograms so authentic

I have a feeling that they will get MUCH more authentic than that...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by capone1

all of his message are readily available on youtube and other spots on the internet so your point is lacking substance.

them using him in a hologram to bring him back for a show... a show that is most likely tied with secret societies and the illuminati... something tupac has written and rapped against. If I was him, I would be against it.

Um yea. ive watched almost all there is about 2pac. I guess if you feel the illuminati had nothing better to do than to show a projection of 2pac at a semi-popular, untelevised concert, you could have a point. I guess Im still waiting for evidence that '2pac would have hated this'. Suddenly a pretty cheap technology that has been performed 100's of times is a big deal?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
this at least raises my hopes for the fx in ghostbusters 3

amazing

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

We'll get used to this soon. I foresee an appearance from Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston, and pretty much anyone who is dead now. #...they can redo "We are the World using only holograms. I loathe the day John Lennon and Kurt Cobain perform a duet together on some stupid snippet on American Idol (I am a huge fan of both of theirs, btw.). This has an awe factor that will be outgrown quickly.
As far as the whole "it was wrong..." argument... if the people want to see it and are moved by it...it is never wrong. It would be unethical to directly profit on it, like say...the record label, or Pepsi, or the ticket holders

One question though: Did anyone hear what Tupac said when he greeted the crowd. Did he say "What up, Coachella?", or something to that effect?

Did someone else dub that, or has Coachella been around that long....or do I need to get my hearing checked?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
reply to post by ButterCookie

We'll get used to this soon. I foresee an appearance from Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston, and pretty much anyone who is dead now. #...they can redo "We are the World using only holograms. I loathe the day John Lennon and Kurt Cobain perform a duet together on some stupid snippet on American Idol (I am a huge fan of both of theirs, btw.). This has an awe factor that will be outgrown quickly.
As far as the whole "it was wrong..." argument... if the people want to see it and are moved by it...it is never wrong. It would be unethical to directly profit on it, like say...the record label, or Pepsi, or the ticket holders

One question though: Did anyone hear what Tupac said when he greeted the crowd. Did he say "What up, Coachella?", or something to that effect?

Did someone else dub that, or has Coachella been around that long....or do I need to get my hearing checked?

Its been stated multiple times in this thread that there are near perfect 2pac sound alikes. Black Haze for one. A simple editing and mixing job. For more proof, check out 2pac's posthomous "Loyal to the Game" album produced by Eminem. He had 2pac impersonators come in and yell all sorts of things for the album.
edit on 17-4-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Pretty cool to see this ! But at what cost.
Now let's think a minute what if a murder or something bigger takes place
and a projection/holo was used and you could easily be blamed when in reality you where no where near the area.
Many avenues for this tech good and bad.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
If tupac was still alive... he wouldn't of approved of this at all.

what a shame... a man fighting against the system and calling them out in his own way... now he's being used in what he was stood up against.

if tupac was alive there would be no point to have to have this? so there would be nothing to approve of.

his family still gets money from him to this day.. and anyone who knows pacs music knows he loves his mom/family more than anything. I dont think he would have a problem with a hologram projection of HIS song along side his friend to make his fmaily/friends money.

can you elaborate more on how this is being used to support what he stood up against? they didnt change the context of the song.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Do they need to have the original available to take pictures of it in the round, or can they make a completely believable tyrannosaurus rex and build a virtual Jurassic Park out of this technology? Because this makes Walt Disney look like an amateur.

And yeah, how do we even know our politicians are real anymore? They sure act like holograms rather than human.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

It's a surprise to see 2Pac back from the dead. Honestly, I'm a big fan of Makavelli. All his music is awesome and he's the best rapper ever! That i'm sure of. It also shocks me to see that we can make holographs of dead artists. Technology is advancing and people don't really see the danger.I'm not complaining neither. Maybe next week we can see Biggie rap!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens
reply to post by aching_knuckles

It also shocks me to see that we can make holographs of dead artists. Technology is advancing and people don't really see the danger.I'm not complaining neither. Maybe next week we can see Biggie rap!

They would need an extra large screen for Biggie.

All joking aside.

To pull off a major "UFO" event or something large, what would need to be in place?

How could they do it?

Do you guys get the feeling it has been done before?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So, it's a 2d projection on a screen?

Again, if it's 2d, why when the camera switches angles we see both sides. If it's 2 dimensional (ie like a tv) this wouldn't happen....

Optical illusion?
edit on 18-4-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have a question. Who has the legal right to create a hologram? Can I create one of Elvis and go on tour with it? IF THIS IS INDEED A HOLOGRAM.....who owns it? Dr. Dre? Shouldn't someone from Tupac's family be objecting to this? And now they wanna go on tour with Hologram Tupac. He has a twitter account. Pretty funny.

twitter.com...#!/HologramTupac

According to this article music-mix.ew.com...

In an interview, Digital Domain’s chief creative officer Ed Ulbrich drove home the fact that the hologram was a fresh creation and not simply a projection of found footage. “To create a completely synthetic human being is the most complicated thing that can be done,” Ulbrich said. “This is not archival footage. This is an illusion. This is the beginning. Dre has a massive vision for this.”

It's a lot easier for me to believe that Machiavelli....I mean Tupac...faked his death and has come back than to imagine all this money and technology was focused on this particular venue.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

What makes you think the goverment doesn't already posess this tech. Isn't this how it usually works the goverment develops this tecnology uses the crap out of it untill it has met their purpose then they release it the public?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Have you ever noticed how dirty R2-D2's mouth is?

They are always bleeping him out.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join