It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tupac hologram performs at Coachella

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Tupac hologram performs at Coachella

www.torontosun.com

The ghostly apparition drew mixed reactions from those watching the set online, with one fan calling it "wrong on so many levels" and others stunned by the Tupac trick, tweeting, "WTF!"

But most rap fans were thrilled, including the stars in attendance. Katy Perry tweeted, "I think I might have cried when I saw Tupac," while her pal Rihanna boasted: "Tupac back unbelievable."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mtv.com
www.youtube.com

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, here we go people. Realistic holograms are now being projected easily enough that they can "raise a rapper from the dead". How much reality that you witness is real?

Of course, Project Blue Beam comes immediately to mind.....I have also included the link to the youtube video, the "ghost appearance" happens at 33:05 if you are interested. You can see through it....Im not sure if thats how they intended it or if they "dialed it down" for the ghostly effect.

www.torontosun.com

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
All the links are down... I guess once the suspicion was raised they cut them. I will just have to ask my friend who was down in Coachella, and see if he witnessed it personally...

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

here is a youtube of the preformance

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

That's the entertainment industry. Now, let us imagine what Military and Shadow government organizations around the world have at their disposal.

I guess we can't believe our lying eyes.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Well, here we go people. Realistic holograms are now being projected easily enough that they can "raise a rapper from the dead". How much reality that you witness is real?

Of course, Project Blue Beam comes immediately to mind.....I have also included the link to the youtube video, the "ghost appearance" happens at 33:05 if you are interested. You can see through it....Im not sure if thats how they intended it or if they "dialed it down" for the ghostly effect.

www.torontosun.com

Dam* that was sick. Id like to see more sideshots to check out the 3-D'ishness

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I saw the video this morning and I didn't know wether to feel disturbed or what. There is something just morbid about watching that. Its crazy to think what other realistic things they (TPTB) can make us believe we are seeing.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
that's great now snoop dogg and jay-z can play 30 simultaneous concerts around the country and never leave their bentley's.

hopefully this technology takes off and they can make live action real time projections. imagine going to a holo lounge and watching mayweather fight pacquiao like you were ring side.

or better yet, in your own home in front of the couch. holo-decks are becoming reality.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So now I just gotta figure out how to make a hologram of Me appear at my family reunion so I can save myself the trip.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
www.businesswire.com...

AV Concepts did the Hologram and there is already a post opened on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods will move this I think.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
HE'S ALIVE STILL!

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
When did we redefine the very meaning of the word "hologram"?

A projection is not a hologram. This is projection, not a hologram. And what's more, it's been done thousands of times before.

You want to check out Nine Inch Nails and see some of the amazing stage effects they INVENTED. None of them are holograms, but then this isn't a hologram either.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

There is something very haunting about this.

We see deceased celebs in footage all the time from when they performed in life. But it's eerie to see someone re-enacted postmortem via holograms.

Still looks to be in its amateur phase but imagine what can be done once the technology really improves. It will be hard to tell the real from the fake. If it becomes standard, it will be impossible to believe our own eyes.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Wow this is frighteningly accurate, especially how the Tupac hologram is moving around on stage...Tupac is rolling around in his grave, he would hate the direction of today's music industry...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
I saw the video this morning and I didn't know wether to feel disturbed or what. There is something just morbid about watching that. Its crazy to think what other realistic things they (TPTB) can make us believe we are seeing.

Totally agreed! I had the same thoughts exactly. Maybe it will wake a few more people up, though. I get tired of hearing "oh, whatever, they cant do that kinda stuff yet."

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
When did we redefine the very meaning of the word "hologram"?

A projection is not a hologram. This is projection, not a hologram. And what's more, it's been done thousands of times before.

You want to check out Nine Inch Nails and see some of the amazing stage effects they INVENTED. None of them are holograms, but then this isn't a hologram either.

Im unsure of what you mean - what is the difference between a projection and a hologram? I am not familiar enough to say I know that there isnt a difference. Could you elaborate?

hol·o·gram/ˈhäləˌgram/
Noun:
A three-dimensional image formed by the interference of light beams from a laser or other coherent light source.
A photograph of an interference pattern that, when suitably illuminated, produces a three-dimensional image.

edit on 16-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
ok....NOW IM A BELIEVER.... very interesting, first time i see such technology, i can only imagine the possibilities and uses

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Wow this is frighteningly accurate, especially how the Tupac hologram is moving around on stage...Tupac is rolling around in his grave, he would hate the direction of today's music industry...

agreed and agreed. the actor got tupacs motions down pretty good. very convincing, im sure a ton of time went into this.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Japan was releasing some touchable holograms before Fukushima.

The whole world is basically a hologram, encoded on energy waves, so why couldn't we create homes for everyone.

I'm sure they have the tech to create ones you can touch and that shield from enviro already.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
WoW.................................................

I am literally speechless.

I am in AWE

If this technology is being displayed for the public now, that means they have had this technology YEARS ago, and have perfected it by now.

I almost cried watching Pac....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join