It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama Calls for More Redistribution of Wealth, Declaring: ‘I Am My Brother’s Keeper’

page: 2
21
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
According to Italy's Vanity Fair, Obama's half brother is living in a two metre by three metre shack on 1 dollar a month in Nairobi. Check Here

Is this what he meant?



exactly, and people fall for this from the elite- he could be making a difference to thousands of peoples' lives by VOLUNTARILY giving up his income, but he doesn't, therefore this is just nonsense




posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 



3-4 years after it was all said before...We're still lamenting the same problems and they're as bad or worse.


What problems are those?

I can give you facts and figures...but you already compared him to Hitler so I question your honesty into looking at this in an unbiased way.

How is the stock market doing compared to when he took office?

How is the job market doing compared to when he took office?

How is the housing market doing compared to when he took office?

How is the GDP doing compared to when he took office?

How are your taxes compared to when he took office?

How is domestic oil production and foreign oil dependency doing under Obama?


In the 3rd quarter of 2008...people were predicting a worse depression than the great depression...did that happen under Obama?



But I bet none of the above is to Obama's credit right???



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder
 



Please..........


Any measures which Obama supports will not involve him making substantial changes to his wealth- it will have precious little impact on his super rich lifestyle.

Put it this way- if he was SERIOUS, he could voluntarily donate ALL his income above the national average to various worthy causes, people etc.

He won't though, and his calls will have greatest impact on the little man, not the elite like him


I don't know what else to say to you...you are making Obama's EXACT POINT.

The rich should be taxed higher BECAUSE it won't make a substantial change to their wealth.

What don't you understand???



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
down with wind power, up with global warning !!!!!!!

wait, what ?



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wealth being redistributed for just who, exactly? He is wealthy, has he walked the walk? Nope. He and his family live a fairly extravagant lifestyle, so surely they can redistribute something.
My husband lost his job just under a month ago. I cannot work right now due to health concerns. We receive no assistance at all. We have no health insurance. Within my lifetime, the minority will be poor and middle-class white people. As we qualify within that bracket, is any of the wealth going to be distributed our way? Nope. Gonna be redistributed to those who are currently used to entitlement.
The American dream used to be work hard and get ahead. We did that to what end? Bankruptcy because we are not categorized in the President's pet groups of interest?
Gee, Prez. Thanks a bunch.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I don't know what else to say to you...you are making Obama's EXACT POINT.

The rich should be taxed higher BECAUSE it won't make a substantial change to their wealth.

What don't you understand???



Understand this

ANYTHING Obama proposes will have precious little impact on the elite's lifestyle- that is my point, any measures he proposes will not greatly affect his elite, wealthy lifestyle- it will not be a case of targetting the rich, it will be most significantly felt by those on the lower/middle rungs.

Once again, if you believe him, why is he not donating all his income above the national average?

I'll answer that, because he has no intention of affecting his lifestyle
edit on 2-4-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I don't know what else to say to you...you are making Obama's EXACT POINT.

The rich should be taxed higher BECAUSE it won't make a substantial change to their wealth.

What don't you understand???



Understand this

ANYTHING Obama proposes will have precious little impact on the elite's lifestyle- that is my point, any measures he proposes will not greatly affect his elite, wealthy lifestyle- it will not be a case of targetting the rich, it will be most significantly felt by those on the lower/middle rungs.

Once again, if you believe him, why is he not donating all his income above the national average?

I'll answer that, because he has no intention of affecting his lifestyle
edit on 2-4-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)


So you want him to propose something that will make the rich suffer?

I don't get where your head is at.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


Okay.. gimmie a sec.. We're took close on this thread to quote that whole thing for reply.

How is the stock market doing? 13,264 on the rise for the day by the look of the status screen across the room. Nice... It was roaring full bore under Bush too. If this Market were a true indicator, we'd all be certifiably psychotic with major features of paranoia and..oh ..err... Lets move on now.




Job Market? Oh neat...Yeah.. We're so much better now. Feb of 2012 is registering 8.3 and we've been hearing for two years now that as much of the positive movement is by people giving up as it is anyone finding solid Employment. Recall this?


U.S. Labor Department released monthly unemployment data for November 2008 and it’s not a pretty picture: the monthly unemployment rate reached a 15-year high of 6.7% in November. The last time when monthly unemployment rate was this high was September 1993.


That is from the Dept of Labor. 6.7....8.3..Hmm... Even Al Gore can't get that dog to hunt. We're worse off.


The housing Market? Oh I won't even touch that.... I'm losing a house in California right now because it's market value is a fraction of it's debt value and it's lost a fair % of that since Obama came to power. Bush laid the foundation but Obama build the damn house....right over the top of ours.



How is the GOP? Yikes..... Like crap. Although I wasn't a Bush fan either, so it's not like I'm coming from the position of defending the 'Grand 'ol Party'. The only grand about the GOP is what they cost the public to exist and ruin our system with their Democrat brothers.


My taxes?? Well.. Golly... You're really asking this as Obama makes the case for ditching tax cuts and returning to Pre-Bush levels of raping the people for a spare buck?? It isn't RETURNING tax rates when they've been low for years. It takes a politician to see it that way. This is a set of higher rates than existed last year. Hence... My taxes are higher, thanks for asking.




Finally.. OIL?! Oh My.. You're on a roll. I wish I could get Carney on here to debate like this....his pathetic performance in the WH Press Room could use an introduction to an atmosphere like this. OIL though..., Well damn, lets see..... Under Obama the BP spill basically CLOSED the Gulf of Mexico to new drilling. Oh he's all for it now...but only AFTER he'd safely played games long enough to watch the rigs leave and KNEW...HE KNEW...they wouldn't come back for years, if EVER once committed to other jobs in other parts of the world. Well, they are and now, I doubt we do see them.

Add the pipeline games and generally trying to crap in the cereal of the entire membership of OPEC in whatever way he can and I'd say he's created an Oil nightmare even Carter didn't manage.


So.. All in all...I'd say the best thing our nation could possible have happen is a new person in power come Nov. I'll even support Hillary for a renegade move to flip on her Boss. Clinton was a moral slug, but I lived well under his Presidency. We all did. I can live with a weasel that knows how to lead the nation. Clinton DID do that, whatever his failings. Obama has NOTHING particularly bright or positive in all his time. Nothing much at all.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
So you want him to propose something that will make the rich suffer?

I don't get where your head is at.


No, I am telling you he is playing a lot of his supporters like patsies who believe his bs- he is feeding you dung, he will live the life he leads and if he really meant he was his brother's keeper he would be cutting back on Michelle's entourage and divvying out his millions to those in the crapper



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


And he wants the rich people to pay for it all?
Including the loans people take out themselves?
While giving our tax money to other countries as aid? (or a war, false flag, buy votes,seal records and so on.)


People just don't get it.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 



3-4 years after it was all said before...We're still lamenting the same problems and they're as bad or worse.


What problems are those?

I can give you facts and figures...but you already compared him to Hitler so I question your honesty into looking at this in an unbiased way.

How is the stock market doing compared to when he took office?

How is the job market doing compared to when he took office?

How is the housing market doing compared to when he took office?

How is the GDP doing compared to when he took office?

How are your taxes compared to when he took office?

How is domestic oil production and foreign oil dependency doing under Obama?


In the 3rd quarter of 2008...people were predicting a worse depression than the great depression...did that happen under Obama?



But I bet none of the above is to Obama's credit right???


Try telling all that malarkey to the people who are unemployed and the ones who
have been knocked down to part time with zero benefits.

Most People on unemployment and food stamps know
it is not enough !!

They want Full Time jobs that pay better than pigeon droppings !!

Obama can't possibly create or resurrect all the lost jobs.

Three years and it's actually worse.

The fake Dept of Labor numbers are tainted and controlled.

The real time numbers are never published.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


You know, the problem with taking Barry at his word this time about the wonderful and bright future plans he has for us all is that this isn't a new guy fighting against the establishment. HE IS THE ESTABLISHMENT and has been for over 3 yearsin D.C. and several more in the Senate.

He talks the talk so well even I find myself swayed occasionally by his speeches. His charisma is almost spooky. Fortunately, his skill and record are no match for his ability to sling the crap. All I have to do is remind myself that this was all said 3-4 years ago.....it was said often and with even MORE promise than this drivel.

3-4 years after it was all said before...We're still lamenting the same problems and they're as bad or worse. So before I even pretend to humor the man about what 4 MORE years can do I need to know what the LAST 3+ years actually accomplished to the LAST set of pie in the sky dream talk.

If track record defines a person, Obama is really better off pretending he IS really an outsider and he's running against himself. He sure can't stand on much more than the TALK of the past. It's all he's actually done to brag about.


Consumer protection act
dont ask, dont tell repeal
-attempt- at closing Gitmo
some health care reform passed (albeit a compromised pos with no single payer system)
there is more...stop using ATS flame board to measure the man and look at what was passed, what was promised, and what -exactly- is holding up the rest of the promises...you will see filibuster opposition to him fulfilling most of the campaign promises at the moment...

So, lets not talk about what he said and didn't do, lets look at what its not done...see the spike trap on the road verses be angry that the car stopped...



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Try telling all that malarkey to the people who are unemployed and the ones who
have been knocked down to part time with zero benefits.

Most People on unemployment and food stamps know
it is not enough !!

They want Full Time jobs that pay better than pigeon droppings !!

Agreed...people want real jobs, good jobs.
And the people won't get them..because according to the right, the only way to bring lots of jobs back to America is to remove the minimum wage and stop taxing corporations...that way we can get paid 40 cents an hour at 14 hour days with no benefits (you know..like they do in china where our jobs went to begin with).

What is happening is not a president, nor even congress's fault...its the simple effects of global corporatism..and only a tariff against all nations that are not equal to us will change this (tariff just china and the jobs will move to india, or pakistan, etc)



Obama can't possibly create or resurrect all the lost jobs.

Yet he is trying and doing what he can
The opposite to this is the party saying the government does not create jobs..has no responsibility for it...aka, they deny the commerce clause in the constitution..like it doesn't exist or something.


Three years and it's actually worse.

The fake Dept of Labor numbers are tainted and controlled.

The real time numbers are never published.



So, the labor dept shows favorable statistics from when Bush ended to Obama took over.
But this isn't right...according to you.
However, you know the real numbers..published nowhere...you just feel it..cause your magical like that.

-just shakes his head-



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


And he wants the rich people to pay for it all?


Yes, he wants the rich people to pay for it all
all of it
sure, that is exactly the discussion. a 4% return to the wealthiest of america = somehow paying for it all.


Oh...your against war? hmm
Well, you got the left basically remaining strong in its demand for peaceful solution
and you got the right all but banging their fists on the podium demanding we start bombing yet another country in the middle ease because they may or may not one day be dangerous to somebody...even less evidence than Iraq's WMD...

christ sakes...if you have no confidence in Obama to do things to the left...then what, vote in people whom run their platform on scorched earth policy?
Best not to vote would be my suggestion.

Like saying you can't have your favorite dinnertime meal of steak, so instead of having a ham sandwich, you will eat razor blades...



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


I expected nothing less from you.

Now for some facts:

Stock Market:

www.cbsnews.com...

The results:

G.W. Bush - negative 3.5 percent annually
Obama - positive 20.1 percent annually
Fact: The US stock market performed better under Obama than G.W. Bush by a staggering 23.6 percentage points a year









Job Market:

I only need on picture for this one.




Housing Market:

Your story of losing your house due to poor choices on your part doesn't make the housing market bad.

In fact...the housing market is IMPROVING...yes it is still bad...it crashed under Bush...but it is IMPROVING under Obama. Keywords mean so much. The trend is upward...it is no longer in freefall...but I'm sure Obama has nothing to do with it


finance.yahoo.com...

"We are starting to improve slowly. There is some encouraging news, but the dramatic things that need to happen to really turn the market around aren't there," said Mitchell Hochberg, Principal at Madden Real Estate Ventures in New York.
...
Despite the weak sales pace last month, the median home price rose 0.3 percent from a year ago to $156,600 - the first yearly increase since November 2010 - adding to signs of a budding recovery.



Taxes:

If your income taxes have gone up, it is either from your State or you made more money. Obama has not raised income taxes and has in fact given many breaks and credits on income taxes.

If you smoke, go tanning, or make over 200k...then yes...you may pay more "taxes" under Obama. But income taxes...nope...no raise in taxes.

So if you are paying more in federal income taxes, you must be making more money....but how can that be under such a horrible economic President like Obama???

Oil:

Again...I only need one picture to show you the FACTS.







So you just once again proved yourself to be...how should I say it....dishonest? Or maybe ignorant of the facts? Or maybe it is more like...willfully spreading mis-information...I don't know...I haven't made up my mind yet.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 



The fake Dept of Labor numbers are tainted and controlled.

The real time numbers are never published.




So I guess you just make up your own numbers....huh???


I can't have a conversation with someone who openly admits they deny facts.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


You know, the problem with taking Barry at his word this time about the wonderful and bright future plans he has for us all is that this isn't a new guy fighting against the establishment. HE IS THE ESTABLISHMENT and has been for over 3 yearsin D.C. and several more in the Senate.

He talks the talk so well even I find myself swayed occasionally by his speeches. His charisma is almost spooky. Fortunately, his skill and record are no match for his ability to sling the crap. All I have to do is remind myself that this was all said 3-4 years ago.....it was said often and with even MORE promise than this drivel.

3-4 years after it was all said before...We're still lamenting the same problems and they're as bad or worse. So before I even pretend to humor the man about what 4 MORE years can do I need to know what the LAST 3+ years actually accomplished to the LAST set of pie in the sky dream talk.

If track record defines a person, Obama is really better off pretending he IS really an outsider and he's running against himself. He sure can't stand on much more than the TALK of the past. It's all he's actually done to brag about.


Consumer protection act
dont ask, dont tell repeal
-attempt- at closing Gitmo
some health care reform passed (albeit a compromised pos with no single payer system)
there is more...stop using ATS flame board to measure the man and look at what was passed, what was promised, and what -exactly- is holding up the rest of the promises...you will see filibuster opposition to him fulfilling most of the campaign promises at the moment...

So, lets not talk about what he said and didn't do, lets look at what its not done...see the spike trap on the road verses be angry that the car stopped...





...stop using ATS flame board to measure the man and look at what was passed, what was promised, and what -exactly- is holding up the rest of the promises...you will see filibuster opposition to him fulfilling most of the campaign promises at the moment...


I am looking at what he's done and what he hasn't. He swore to end two wars. He's utterly and absolutely failed on all counts. One ended on his predecessors's schedule and the other is raging HOTTER by far than when he took office. He's lining up for a small war in Syria, a BIG one in Iran and has forces engaged in at least 6 other nations in smaller engagements and commitments as we speak. Gitmo was also a promise and he's the PRESIDENT. If *HE* can't close it...not simply TRY...then I guess we're just screwed because the President of the United States is the only man who DOES have the authority as an individual and this one failed. Again. That is the problem...

A *LEADER* does things and hopes people follow. A FOLLOWER waits for others to start and ridicules how he would have done it different "had he been given the chance".

We haven't had a leader as a United States President since Bill Clinton...and we must go back to Reagan before him. Before that? Geeze..... Eisenhower and Kennedy I suppose.

I don't "use" ATS for anything. Unlike some, you can peruse my threads and posts to see I pretty well roam all over for topic matter and subject and really don't have any particular agenda. I just have very strong feelings when a subject DOES come up....and watching this Pretender to leadership PLAY at being our President during one of the most volatile and dangerous periods since the Cuban Missile Crisis or the Hostage Crisis is enough to be sick over.

I'd prefer GORE be the man in there...at least 'ol Al knew enough to surround himself with experience and intelligence. Obama is too damned vane for even that. He's worked to surround himself with Yes men who share only one real trait. None are ambitious enough to actually pose a threat to the Boss himself.

We're doomed if this man wins again...and this time, it really IS that simple a statement to make.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Don't y'all know that redistribution of wealth means gathering everyone income and dividing equally among the population. Think how much 300 million people will get each from 5 trillion dollars? Y'all also should know that all worlds, except Earth, redistribute their wealth among their population.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 



He swore to end two wars. He's utterly and absolutely failed on all counts. One ended on his predecessors's schedule and the other is raging HOTTER by far than when he took office.


You clearly didn't pay attention during the campaign.

He did exactly what he said he was going to do...end combat operations in Iraq and continue to draw down and surge in Afganistan.

If you don't like his approach..fine...I would rather us not be in Afganistan...but I can't blame him for doing so because that is exactly what he said he was going to do.

www.politifact.com...

www.politifact.com...


Obama never campaigned as an Anti War candidate...if that is what you think...then you are flat out wrong.


We're doomed if this man wins again...and this time, it really IS that simple a statement to make.


Such drama queens on ATS.

Are you sure you don't want to call him Hitler again???
edit on 2-4-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
Don't y'all know that redistribution of wealth means gathering everyone income and dividing equally among the population. Think how much 300 million people will get each from 5 trillion dollars? Y'all also should know that all worlds, except Earth, redistribute their wealth among their population.


Everyone would get $16,000....no thanks.

Obama isn't about redistribution of wealth...but that is what the right wingers keep trying to tell everyone.



new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join