It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls for More Redistribution of Wealth, Declaring: ‘I Am My Brother’s Keeper’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
You don't need to read any of his speech excerpts to know exactly what's really being said.

I'll sum it up for you:

Obama: "I'm full of sh**. Thanks for coming. Goodnight."

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by xuenchen

Not only do you deny facts...you deny proven statistical data gathering.

Like I said...hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn't share the reality I live in.

If you actually believe the surveys as fact, well.

This graph might help you.

it shows the unpaid unemployed and the part timer dilemma.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

If you have a link to where that unlabeled graph came from, I'd be glad to look at it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by kennethmd
Don't y'all know that redistribution of wealth means gathering everyone income and dividing equally among the population. Think how much 300 million people will get each from 5 trillion dollars? Y'all also should know that all worlds, except Earth, redistribute their wealth among their population.

Everyone would get $16,000....no thanks.

Obama isn't about redistribution of wealth...but that is what the right wingers keep trying to tell everyone.
That's $16,000 per person. You have to remember that your wife/husband and children will each be getting $16,000 as well. A family of 6 will get $96,000. While a family of 2 will get $32,000.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here's one explanation....

with some Abbott & Costello wisdom.

Abbott & Costello wisdom may be better that the "e-CON-omist" versions.

Never forget: The most highly educated and smartest people Always
are responsible for the biggest and most costly financial boondoggles and failures in history

Unemployment as reported is at 8.3 percent.

But it's actually over 16 percent.

Some smart statistician came up with a distinction, a slight of hand to make the unemployment number tolerable rather than frightening.

The concept was simple: 8.3 percent are unemployed and are actively looking for work.

The 16 percent includes those who gave up and are no longer actively looking for work.

So those casualties are no longer counted. They cease to exist.

The 8.3 percent is a fake, a sham, and worthy of an Abbott and Costello routine.

If that great comedy team were still alive, the routine on our unemployment woes might go something like this:

see the story for the humor explained

or is it more like "who's on unemployment" ?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
How about we just make into law the 100% inheritance tax....then there would be no more super elite ! Bring that on already because our current system sucks balls for sure!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

He and his wife aren't even one of the filthy rich...they are living like that on the taxpayer dime...

I have never seen a better definition of the word hypocrite.

All that money they spend on vacations should be going to the poor they are so "worried" about.

They only want your money to be used not theirs.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The Bush tax cut was for the middle class...

you believed all that bull that Obama did a tax cut for the middle class????...lol

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
How about we just make into law the 100% inheritance tax....then there would be no more super elite ! Bring that on already because our current system sucks balls for sure!

Interesting concept.

How would that work ?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

you believed all that bull that Obama did a tax cut for the middle class????

What the hell do you think think the stimulus package was? I'm assuming you forgot that 1/3 of it were tax cuts for the middle class?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Wow...that's amazing...I am the middle class and I paid more...must have been a glitch in the matrix.

The stimulus went to prop business up...not to the middle class...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

They are saying take 100% of someone's money when the die, making the government the heir instead of their family or who they want THEIR money to go to...in other words...

THEFT>REDISTRIBUTION>

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The signature tax cut in the stimulus package for the middle class decreased income taxes by up to $400 a year for individuals and $800 for married couples.

In a troubling sign for Democrats as they head into the midterm elections, their signature tax cut of the past two years, which decreased income taxes by up to $400 a year for individuals and $800 for married couples, has gone largely unnoticed.

In a New York Times/CBS News Poll last month, fewer than one in 10 respondents knew that the Obama administration had lowered taxes for most Americans. Half of those polled said they thought that their taxes had stayed the same, a third thought that their taxes had gone up, and about a tenth said they did not know. As Thom Tillis, a Republican state representative, put it as the dinner wound down here, “This was the tax cut that fell in the woods — nobody heard it.”

www.nytimes.com...

I received my tax cut. Did you get yours? I'm guessing you didn't notice. Maybe he should have sent them in lump stimulus checks like George Bush did.
edit on 2-4-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The signature tax cut in the stimulus package for the middle class decreased income taxes by up to $400 a year for individuals and $800 for married couples.

And that was the best they could do ?

WOW.

Chickenfeed and pigeon droppings.

That didn't even pay for gas

And after all WE Citizens did for all the bankers and politicians !!

Thanks for Nothin !!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

And that was the best they could do ? WOW. Chickenfeed and pigeon droppings. That didn't even pay for gas And after all WE Citizens did for all the bankers and politicians !! Thanks for Nothin !!

It was meant to put money back into an economy that was collapsing. The stimulus was a mix of increased spending and tax cuts. BTW...gas was around 1.70 a gallon then.

You also should now, this also put more people in the percentile of those were are getting more back in tax returns than they payed in income taxes. You know that talking point from the GOP right? 47 percent don't pay income taxes?

So which is it? Are you guys against more tax cuts for the middle class? Shouldn't we be paying more taxes to lift the horrible burden we are placing on billionaires?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
All this conservative angst when things like are said is so bizarre as it is 180 degrees divorced from reality. The reality demonstrated by every report generated these past few years show there has been MASSIVE redistribution of wealth...and it has literally ALL be redistributed upward. The accumulated wealth of everyone below the top 1% has stayed the same or (most commonly) drastically declined. So where is all this "redistribution" of wealth that conservatives so incredulously fret about and cry tyranny over? I'd swear to God that modern American conservatives have severe mental issues that inhibit their ability to assess reality.

I chalk this up with the same cries of freedom and small government while they forward bills to force medical ultrasound wands into the vaginas of their mothers, sisters and daughters.

Truly a great segment of our population is patently insane.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I just refuse to debate economics or logic

with an FDR fan....it is counter productive.

Not an insult, just the truth. FDR started this mess with his new deal...I wish we could clean it all up instead of creating more.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Good. That is the way humans should be. The Right wants ppl to die to protect profit.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

So where is all this "redistribution" of wealth that conservatives so incredulously fret about and cry tyranny over? I'd swear to God that modern American conservatives have severe mental issues that inhibit their ability to assess reality.

Plenty of redistribution of wealth going on......all to the top. But in their eyes....all the money should be at the top anyway. It's their money...they are the job creators after all.

So instead of raising their taxes to what used to be "normal" levels....they will gut social programs like social security, completely end medicare, etc.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I just refuse to debate economics or logic with an FDR fan....it is counter productive. Not an insult, just the truth. FDR started this mess with his new deal...I wish we could clean it all up instead of creating more.

Nice. I wasn't the one stating a blatant lie...you were. Glad to see you received stars for it and completely avoided taking any responsibility for it.

Yeah, I like FDR. He did create the middle class after all. Social security, unemployment benefits, etc. If it weren't for programs he put in place, the great recession would have been a great depression.

He empowered the working man more than any President in United States history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join