It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls for More Redistribution of Wealth, Declaring: ‘I Am My Brother’s Keeper’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

'
Okay... for some reason I always seem to get into the BEST debates with the clock mocking my time left to run out the door for night school.
I offered you facts..and the numbers I gave are literal and direct from a U.S. Federal Agency under the direct authority of the Man we're all talking about. If the numbers showing Unemployment to be *WORSE* under Obama in pure, literal numbers can't be trusted then I say..Look to the Source. The President runs the Dept of Labor.
The facts are his and the baby, after the 3yrs, is 100% his. It's far past where blaming Bush was even cute.

Thanks for the recap on the market. You've chosen the one point I actually agreed with you on to attack me as if I were saying the market were worse off. It isn't... It's raging good for those with the cash to gamble in it. I simply pointed out that the HEIGHT of the Real Estate Bubble and MAD levels of Market profits came under Bush.....now you're saying these are things Obama should be proud of himself. Well... Perhaps he should. Just remember where things went under the last President to look at the market and ignore a suffering nation to think things were going well.

As far as the housing market..... I didn't bring up the fact I'm losing a property as some pity party call. I've never even mentioned that before in my posts and it's been a little nightmare for nearly 2 years now. No.. I mentioned that because the fact I'm looking at a house in one of the more 'exclusive' areas of the High Desert and Victor Valley that barely claims a market value of $100,000 is enough to just throw up from. It was at $310,000 est value at the height of the madness under Bush.

Now it'd be considered a decent deal in Midwest pricing markets...let alone being 75 miles from downtown Los Angeles. If you want to say the housing market is somehow better.. fine.. I hope you share where you are living in GENERAL terms...there is a nation of people wanting to move there and I'm among them. I'd give anything to see equity go UP again...even by pennies on the dollars. It's been so long, I forget what that is like.

Taxes and Oil are areas I feel are so incredibly self-evident to the problems with it's just leaving me truly baffled that you're on the side of saying Obama has been a GOOD President, as these things go, on THOSE issues.

If this guy even thought about lowering a tax, I think lightening would strike him down or something. His *ONLY* solution seems to be raise raise raise! Must be HIGHER! Well... screw that and his whole attitude. Our money is *O U R* money, not his. It's ours to give, not his to deem us fit to keep some when he and the rest in Congress are done.

I'd be thrilled to debate this further...as it's enjoyable with someone who debates and isn't just throwing bumper sticker slogans and catchy phrases... You might notice I went all my posts without calling YOU Ignorant, a disinformation agent or willfully spreading ignorance. I wonder..is it so much to ask that such courtesy be returned?

Oh well..... Good luck on that Hope and Change if we get Part II. Luck is all we'll have left.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So, according to your line of thinking the President should have been able to bring the entire US economy back to early 2000's standards in only 3 years. Because there was a clear path for that to happen? Please... he was handed a country that was recently raped by George W Bush and has done the best he could with what he was given. Not to mention one of the worst do-nothing congresses we have ever seen. The Right lead house has admitted to blocking anything and everything they can that would have given him any kind of victory.
Its just a game, being played at our expense...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansBeing

So, according to your line of thinking the President should have been able to bring the entire US economy back to early 2000's standards in only 3 years. Because there was a clear path for that to happen? Please... he was handed a country that was recently raped by George W Bush and has done the best he could with what he was given. Not to mention one of the worst do-nothing congresses we have ever seen. The Right lead house has admitted to blocking anything and everything they can that would have given him any kind of victory.
Its just a game, being played at our expense...

No... Obama couldn't bring us back to the days of Clinton's roaring economy in just 3 years. No way. Given the mess Obama did, by rights, inherit....I'd have called him a success if he could have simply kept things from getting WORSE..and perhaps a slow but steady curve upward in more than JUST the Stock Market. Stocks don't pay mortgages and they don't feed children every night......so it's a REAL limited party I'm feeling in seeing that sole indicator being higher.

That just tells me Soros and his insanely wealthy friends from BOTH political sides are having the time of THEIR lives.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

No... Obama couldn't bring us back to the days of Clinton's roaring economy in just 3 years. No way. Given the mess Obama did, by rights, inherit....I'd have called him a success if he could have simply kept things from getting WORSE..and perhaps a slow but steady curve upward in more than JUST the Stock Market.

This is exactly what he has done...I don't know what alternate world you live in.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
How low can he go by taking his hypocrisy to an all-time high.

How can he call himself "his brother's keeper" when he hasn't even helped his very own half brother?

Remember George? ... his Kenyan half brother living in poverty.

Hey Barack, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and redistribute some of that campaign money of yours?

Just think how many people you can feed by simply donating one percent of your campaign funds?
Just ONE PERCENT, that's all, $10,000,000 would feed a lot of people.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Well... I think Ii'll take this quiet moment to observe we've both probably run the logical and solid arguments about as far as either of us can take them without serious time in supporting material and research to assemble it. I respect you and read your messages with interest when they come up... For that reason above all others, I'm going to agree to disagree and hope to find ya on a topic we aren't so absolutely polar opposite on. We sure have 0 common ground on this one, to be sure.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by xuenchen

The fake Dept of Labor numbers are tainted and controlled.

The real time numbers are never published.

So I guess you just make up your own numbers....huh???

I can't have a conversation with someone who openly admits they deny facts.

The U.S. Dept of Labor "makes up" their own numbers all the time !!

Where do the statistics come from?

Early each month, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) of the U.S. Department of Labor announces the total number of employed and unemployed persons in the United States for the previous month, along with many characteristics of such persons. These figures, particularly the unemployment rate—which tells you the percent of the labor force that is unemployed—receive wide coverage in the media.

Some people think that to get these figures on unemployment, the Government uses the number of persons filing claims for unemployment insurance (UI) benefits under State or Federal Government programs. But some people are still jobless when their benefits run out, and many more are not eligible at all or delay or never apply for benefits. So, quite clearly, UI information cannot be used as a source for complete information on the number of unemployed.

Other people think that the Government counts every unemployed person each month. To do this, every home in the country would have to be contacted—just as in the population census every 10 years. This procedure would cost way too much and take far too long. Besides, people would soon grow tired of having a census taker come to their homes every month, year after year, to ask about job-related activities....

There are about 60,000 households in the sample for this survey. This translates into approximately 110,000 individuals, a large sample compared to public opinion surveys which usually cover fewer than 2,000 people. The CPS sample is selected so as to be representative of the entire population of the United States. In order to select the sample, all of the counties and county-equivalent cities in the country first are grouped into 2,025 geographic areas (sampling units). The Census Bureau then designs and selects a sample consisting of 824 of these geographic areas to represent each State and the District of Columbia. The sample is a State-based design and reflects urban and rural areas, different types of industrial and farming areas, and the major geographic divisions of each State. (For a detailed explanation of CPS sampling methodology, see Chapter 1, of the BLS Handbook of Methods.)

Right from the Horse's Mouth !!

It is a telephone survey and the figures are highly speculative !!

Why not use the actual number of unemployment checks issued,
plus the number of people no longer working based on cross referencing s.s. numbers to current payroll deductions.....

Then, base a comparison to payroll taxes paid for by everybody's
Social security Numbers ??

I guess that's to difficult

That might show the real unemployment at around 16% !!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Okay... for some reason I always seem to get into the BEST debates with the clock mocking my time left to run out the door for night school. I offered you facts..and the numbers I gave are literal and direct from a U.S. Federal Agency under the direct authority of the Man we're all talking about. If the numbers showing Unemployment to be *WORSE* under Obama in pure, literal numbers can't be trusted then I say..Look to the Source. The President runs the Dept of Labor. The facts are his and the baby, after the 3yrs, is 100% his. It's far past where blaming Bush was even cute.

I think you do better with pictures...so I'll post an additional one along with my previous one.

Unemployment Rate:
portalseven.com...

Do you see the upward trend starting in May of 2008??? It bottoms out in October of 2009...Obama had 7 months in office at this time...since then it leveled off and has been on a steady downward trend.

How did this happen...well..let's look at my other picture.

Oh, yeah that's right...Obama injected money into the economy to stop the bleeding of jobs...and it WORKED.

Obama went through a hell of a first term...for anyone to not admit that he had one of the worst starting positions in history is just not being honest.

February 2009 unemployment...8.3%...Current unemployment 8.3% and dropping. Obama turned us around and is bring us back. Deny it if you want...but the numbers disagree with you.

And again with the housing market...Obama has done what he can...he has dropped interest rates to the lowest in recent history, he has proposed temporary relief for those facing foreclosure, and he is urging banks to start lending (which is one of the biggest problems with the market right now).

What would you like Obama to do??? He isn't a magic man that can snap his fingers and fix it...he is doing what he can...but it will never be enough for you and others that ignore everything he has done.

Taxes and Oil are areas I feel are so incredibly self-evident to the problems with it's just leaving me truly baffled that you're on the side of saying Obama has been a GOOD President, as these things go, on THOSE issues.

Then refute the FACTS I laid out.

All you have is empty rhetoric and propaganda on these issues...no facts.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

What he says and what he does are polar opposites.

How many high dollar vacations has his family taken on our dime? How aboout the national debt?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Because if he helped his brother in Kenya...you would be hear crying about him helping a Kenyan instead of an American.

You guys think you are slick...but an intelligent person can see straight through you.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Nice post xuenchen...

#1 - President Obama is a politician which immediately makes him suspect given our experiences over the past 20 years or so, and to date he has not proven to be different than his predecessors.

#2- One of Obama's campaign promises was to make government 'Transparent', which apparently meant in the same manner a magician uses sleight of hand in dealing with those watching, i.e. his deceit regarding the one hand which says he "supports" second amendment rights of Americans while his other hand is "under the radar" secretly supporting Sarah Brady in attempting to circumbent our gun rights.

#3- The President today appeared to 'issue instructions' to SCOTUS on the outcome of their decision on Obamacare.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Not only do you deny facts...you deny proven statistical data gathering.

Like I said...hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn't share the reality I live in.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Exactly Wrabbit.
Obama talks to divide and conquer, but just like his pre-election speeches, he gives instead to the rich cronies of his on that are on Wall Street and the Big Corporations, and forgets everything else.

How is that weeding out corruption on Wall Street working out for ya Barry?

If Obama is talking he is lying.
edit on 2-4-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Well... Darndest thing Outkast, but at least one star of each post you have on this thread are from me. I make a habit of it..perhaps more so when I'm really debating with someone. It's a respect thing under these circumstances, not a sign of agreement. Obviously. At the moment...I'm finding myself regretting that for the first time here.

Now...with this last one it makes a few in a row where topic and debate of the subject is thrown in the trash for personal attack.....Wow... After the last one there both seems to suggest I'm happier at the level of illustrations than data....then to close by saying I'm personally full of nothing but empty rhetoric and propaganda actually hurts a bit. From better than half the people on here...I'd laugh. From you? Well...

I'll be off the thread.... Any more time here and it's just going to lead to that dark place where good, established members have been watching their accounts banned recently. Obama isn't worth it. Nothing about the man is worth it. Certainly not dead end debating the topic in an atmosphere where the people debating are more the target than any points being made.

Have a good day.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Extremely weak retort.
But heck, at least we both agree it is hypocrisy at its best.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You speak as if the spending Obama did was meant to accomplish anything. He gave tax breaks to campaign donors and funded a criminal operation for the batf with that same stimulus. The money for "shovel ready jobs" was really money for the state budgets. The man has spent quite a bit of time fund raising for re-election as opposed to actually running the country, but it's ok I guess after the election he can get back to actually doing the job he was placed into.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I have laid out many facts and backed them up with sources.

You have not addressed a single one of them...which is where the claim of rhetoric and propaganda came from.

At any time, you can address those facts and figures I laid out and tell me how they are wrong.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Extremely weak retort.
But heck, at least we both agree it is hypocrisy at its best.

I don't believe it is hypocrisy...I believe it is a personal matter that I am not involved with.

But don't deny that you would be all over him for helping out a "kenyan"....I'm sure it would prove he is a traitor or something

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think "I am my brothers idiot" would have been much more fitting..........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join