It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls for More Redistribution of Wealth, Declaring: ‘I Am My Brother’s Keeper’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Obama Calls for More Redistribution of Wealth, Declaring: ‘I Am My Brother’s Keeper’

Obama made a campaign speech at the University of Vermont and used some Bible references
to somehow justify his well known "Redistribution of Wealth" agenda.

Most of the rhetoric was nothing new.

He mentioned his "double down" theory several times,
along with continuation of other failed policies.

I wonder if the "double down" will happen to the deficit ?

Obama has Increased the national debt by $4 trillion since 2009.
His plan for 2013-2016 may be to "double" the $4 trillion and make it an even $8 trillion more.
(God help us !)

The national debt is about the ONLY thing that seems to have been "equally" distributed !!

By Terence P. Jeffrey
April 2, 2012

(CNSNews.com) - In a campaign speech in Vermont on Friday, President Barack Obama referenced the biblical story of Cain and Abel in condemning what he called "you're-on-your-own economics" while arguing for a number of policies that involve government transferring wealth from one group of citizens to another—including providing public schools with more money for teachers’ salaries, freezing the interest rates on government-backed student loans, supporting companies developing biofuels, electric batteries and wind and solar power and funding scientists who are doing research on stem cells and climate change.

“I hear politicians talking about values in an election year,” Obama said. “I hear a lot about that. Let me tell you about values. Hard work, personal responsibility--those are values. But looking out for one another. That’s a value. The idea that we’re all in this together. I am my brother’s keeper. I am my sister’s keeper. That’s a value.”

In Genesis, Adam and Eve’s first-born son is Cain and their second-born son is Abel. Cain becomes a farmer and Abel becomes a shepherd. When Cain offers the fruit of his farming to God and Abel offers a lamb, God is pleased with Abel’s offering but not Cain’s. Cain then kills Abel. When God asks Cain where Abel is, Cain says: “Am I my brother’s keeper?”

When Obama said on Friday, "I am my brother's keeper," he was addressing a crowd of campaign supporters at the University of Vermont in Burlington, Vt.

After promoting his past accomplishments including the bailout of General Motors and Chrysler, removing private banks from the government-guaranteed student loan business, and his health-care law, Obama pointed to policies he wants to pursue in the future.

"Double-Down" sounds more like "Double-Talk"

BTW Barack, just WHO got all that extra spending money anyway ?

The average American citizen KNOWS they didn't get any !!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You know, I hear Obama say a thing like We're our brother's keeper and it sounds good. Really it does... If only that scene from the last of New Jack City didn't keep coming to mind when I hear that. That is just what Wesley Snipe's character says to his own brother in the film seconds before shooting him in the head, execution style.

I'm not saying there is any comparison here..but.. Just sayin'.

I can't help but get that same feeling of....'his definition of brother and keeper are radically different than mine'.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Then we should mark him on his forehead and release him into the wilds so the other kinds of humans that are already there do not kill him.....

Oh thats Cain....never mind.

Obama wants to be brothers keeper. Gotcha. Bible Re-write in progress....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Anytime I hear of the president or someone explaining a better plan for the future reminds me of a guy with a crappy car who is just duct taping damage and neglecting real repairs because he want to buy a new car and scrap the old one.

America=Old car.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

including providing public schools with more money for teachers’ salaries, freezing the interest rates on government-backed student loans, supporting companies developing biofuels, electric batteries and wind and solar power and funding scientists who are doing research on stem cells and climate change.
“So I don’t want folks in Washington to be bashing teachers,” he said. “I don’t want them to defend the status quo. I want us to give schools the resources they need to hire good teachers, reward great teachers.”
“Now, the first thing we’ve got to do--Congress has to stop interest rates that are currently scheduled to go up in July on student loans, which will be a huge problem for a lot of young people,” said Obama.
The president presented what he sees as the need to increase taxes on the rich as one half of a zero-sum game: If the rich are not taxed more, everyone else will have less.

“But if you’re making more than $1 million a year, you can do a little more,” said Obama. “This is not class envy. This is not class warfare. This is basic math -- that’s what this is.

He is clearly such an evil man

The man makes sense...for those that don't think so...I hope you are a millionaire or you are getting played.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Indeed... He does make sense, and that is what always scares me the most. His ACTIONS betray the level of duplicity in everything he says. If he FOLLOWED even a part of what he promised before being elected, we'd be in a considerably different and better nation almost 4 years later.

Instead.... He's only stuck to the worst of what he promised and even Iraq ended on a timeline Bush signed into a formal agreement, not Barry.

I'd remind everyone that Hitler was elected and rode the wave of public love to power....at first. Stalin didn't murder 10's of millions of Russian civilians in his purges all by himself. He had millions who thought he had some pretty good ideas...even while the bloodbath was going on. Every madman had a % that adore them and just see nothing they do as being half as bad as it is.

I pray for our nation we don't require 4 additional years to let this monster fully develop, We've SEEN how this man treats his own blood family. They're alcoholics getting DUI's in Mass or they are living in abject dirt poverty in Kenya. So much for being his Brother's keeper. If that is what keeping looks like, please lose me ASAP.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Sounds like more of the same chicken feed to me.

Nothing substantial for the majority of American citizens as usual.

Always a specific targeted recipient.

Wait till the average voter takes a long hard look in November....

G-U-L-P

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My God!

Obama wants to have better schools and higher education open to more before drowning in debt?
And..what? He wants to get us off the fossil fuel addiction by promoting emerging technology?

What nerve..what arrogance...doesn't he know we want our people dumb, in debt, and polluting the world for centuries to come...how will Saudi Arabian royals build golden palaces if we stop using soo much oil!!!

What a commie!

(I swear, sometimes I wonder if ATS also allows backwards world to join)
(Oh, and if you haven't noticed this is all sarcasm, then your a bit of a moron)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
the hilarity, given the extravangant entourage he and his wife have, to come off with a statement like this is just too funny- divvy up ALL of your wealth above the national average, then start waffling with absoloute BS like this

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
My God!

Obama wants to have better schools and higher education open to more before drowning in debt?
And..what? He wants to get us off the fossil fuel addiction by promoting emerging technology?

What nerve..what arrogance...doesn't he know we want our people dumb, in debt, and polluting the world for centuries to come...how will Saudi Arabian royals build golden palaces if we stop using soo much oil!!!

What a commie!

(Oh, and if you haven't noticed this is all sarcasm, then your a bit of a moron)

yeah, the little man pays though, not the filthy rich like............................Obama and his woman

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Yes...specifically students and people whom either drive cars, heat homes, or have debt.
Very specific...barely even encompasses 200 million people.

Well, if they do that, then it will be a landslide vote for 4 more years...your "team" is hopeing for hype and propaganda to wash out the facts (as usual)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If he FOLLOWED even a part of what he promised before being elected, we'd be in a considerably different and better nation almost 4 years later.

I supported Obama in 2008...followed his campaign very closely...listened to what he said he would do...and guess what??? I haven't been surprised by anything he has done....because he has done exactly what he said he would do when he could do it.

You can never expect someone to not have to ever compromise...and he had to at times...but for the most part he did what he said he was going to do.

I'd remind everyone that Hitler was elected and rode the wave of public love to power....at first. Stalin didn't murder 10's of millions of Russian civilians in his purges all by himself. He had millions who thought he had some pretty good ideas...even while the bloodbath was going on. Every madman had a % that adore them and just see nothing they do as being half as bad as it is.

I pray for our nation we don't require 4 additional years to let this monster fully develop, We've SEEN how this man treats his own blood family. They're alcoholics getting DUI's in Mass or they are living in abject dirt poverty in Kenya. So much for being his Brother's keeper. If that is what keeping looks like, please lose me ASAP.

I guess I should have read this part first to see that you are just an Obama hater comparing him to Hitler and Stalin

Why not have honest discusssion instead of calling him a "monster"???

I believe you are speaking from ignorance...because what you are saying don't match reality...the right wing hates Obama BECAUSE he is doing exactly what he said he would...if he didn't...they would love him.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

yeah, the little man pays though, not the filthy rich like............................Obama and his woman

You clearly didn't read the article...or you would have seen that he was saying he should be taxed higher.

“Look, if somebody like me gets a tax break that they don’t need and that the country can’t afford, then one of two things are going to happen -- either it adds to our deficit, or we’re taking something away from somebody else,” said Obama.

“Look, there’s no way of getting around that,” said Obama. “Either folks like me are doing more, or somebody who can’t afford it is getting less. And that’s not right.”

edit on 2-4-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by SaturnFX
My God!

What a commie!

Not to worry, the bush tax cuts will be removed soon..
Hmm...who is it that is demanding the rich keep their bush tax cut? oh...right...and yes, the right...
If your having issues about paying...well, you might want to check out the numbers...you think Obama isn't doing enough and not living up to his promises, imagine Romney in there whom specifically wants to raise taxes on the middle to give even more of a break for the top.

A new fiscal study scheduled for release today shows that three of the remaining Republican presidential candidates would increase the federal debt by trillions if their tax plans were passed through Congress. The study was done by US Budget Watch, a non-partisan, independent, non-profit organization whose stated purpose is to “increase awareness of the important fiscal issues facing the country.” According to US Budget Watch’s analysis, the plans of Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, and Newt Gingrich would decrease revenue through their tax cuts, while failing to make up for the loss through spending cuts.

I will take hope and change for another 4 more years verses hype and shame from the frontrunners of the circus party

link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Sounds like more of the same chicken feed to me.

Nothing substantial for the majority of American citizens as usual.

G-U-L-P

Specifics are a GOOD thing.

Are we really having this conversation??? Do you want him to go out and promise "stuff" for "everyone"...so it is general and non-specific???

You try really hard to not like what Obama has to say...I wonder if you vote against your own interests and then complain about it and wonder why???

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

You clearly didn't read the article...or you would have seen that he was saying he should be taxed higher.

YES, BUT WHAT DIFFERENCE WOULD THAT MAKE TO HIS LIFE (AND HIS WOMAN'S) COMPARED TO THAT OF THE LITTLE MAN- NEXT TO ZILCHO

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You know, the problem with taking Barry at his word this time about the wonderful and bright future plans he has for us all is that this isn't a new guy fighting against the establishment. HE IS THE ESTABLISHMENT and has been for over 3 yearsin D.C. and several more in the Senate.

He talks the talk so well even I find myself swayed occasionally by his speeches. His charisma is almost spooky. Fortunately, his skill and record are no match for his ability to sling the crap. All I have to do is remind myself that this was all said 3-4 years ago.....it was said often and with even MORE promise than this drivel.

3-4 years after it was all said before...We're still lamenting the same problems and they're as bad or worse. So before I even pretend to humor the man about what 4 MORE years can do I need to know what the LAST 3+ years actually accomplished to the LAST set of pie in the sky dream talk.

If track record defines a person, Obama is really better off pretending he IS really an outsider and he's running against himself. He sure can't stand on much more than the TALK of the past. It's all he's actually done to brag about.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

YES, BUT WHAT DIFFERENCE WOULD THAT MAKE TO HIS LIFE (AND HIS WOMAN'S) COMPARED TO THAT OF THE LITTLE MAN- NEXT TO ZILCHO

OH MY GOD....that is EXACTLY his point.

I think you support Obama and you don't even know it.

“Look, if somebody like me gets a tax break that they don’t need and that the country can’t afford, then one of two things are going to happen -- either it adds to our deficit, or we’re taking something away from somebody else,” said Obama.

“Look, there’s no way of getting around that,” said Obama. “Either folks like me are doing more, or somebody who can’t afford it is getting less. And that’s not right.”

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

OH MY GOD....that is EXACTLY his point.

I think you support Obama and you don't even know it.

Please..........

Any measures which Obama supports will not involve him making substantial changes to his wealth- it will have precious little impact on his super rich lifestyle.

Put it this way- if he was SERIOUS, he could voluntarily donate ALL his income above the national average to various worthy causes, people etc.

He won't though, and his calls will have greatest impact on the little man, not the elite like him
edit on 2-4-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
According to Italy's Vanity Fair, Obama's half brother is living in a two metre by three metre shack on 1 dollar a month in Nairobi. Check Here

Is this what he meant?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join