It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent UFO footage over LAS VEGAS BLVD

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Nice Find!

I think this might be the best UFO video of 2012.

I love the dialog between the BF and GF

GF: We should go ...we're gonna miss the show

BF: This is beyond the show ..don't worry about the show

GF: Okay... beyond $110 worth?

.....lolol ..just thought that was funny.

IMO those are no way in hell any lanterns or led planes....

Maybe some sort of Laser show is a possible explanation...... other than that ...cool UFO's

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

Maybe some sort of Laser show is a possible explanation...... other than that ...cool UFO's

The objects in question are lit up because they are caught in that giant spotlight. I don't think they are giving off their own light.

As to what the objects are? I don't have enough information to know for sure, but it seems certainly possible that they are some sort of flying animal, perhaps eating insects attracted by that bright spotlight that is illuminating them.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Interesting.

Bats.. I assume the suggestion is the greater bonneted bat. As it is the largest bat in the us with a wingspan of around two feet.

I will not ask if both video recordings are recording the same activity. Same date and time. Why ask questions. Just roll with it right.

But scale. Scale is clear in both videos. Height of the luxor pyramid. Diameter of the beam. Luminosity.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

The objects in question are lit up because they are caught in that giant spotlight. I don't think they are giving off their own light.

As to what the objects are? I don't have enough information to know for sure, but it seems certainly possible that they are some sort of flying animal, perhaps eating insects attracted by that bright spotlight that is illuminating them.

Well... the MSM link gives us that explanation ....that it's bats.

The only issue I have with that is the fact that the bats would almost certainly return every night to feast on this ocean of insects swarming in the light.

So, wouldn't we have seen something like this several times before?

I also don't like how the LA Times article doesn't even link one of the videos.

Then.... poster of the video points out that alot of the lights do appear outside of the range of that beam of light.
Just watch the whole video and you'll see.

Now, lets go to the opposite end of the spectrum and wonder why UFOs would appear in that spot...

- They are above a huge city and at least got 2 people's attention

- They are above the most powerful beam of light on the planet

- That beam of light is coming out of a Pyramid

Also..... no offense to anyone claiming they are bats ...... but really??

I see bats fly over my house all the time in the summer ....... they come out at dusk and if you have good eyes you can see a dark shadow of a bat flying through the sky.

When they fly over street lights or some other light source they DON"T reflect light and turn on like a light bulb .... they simply look like a dark shadow coming into the light.

Again...seriously??? bats???

Some of you folks need to go out more and constantly look at the sky to see what stuff really does.

edit on 29-3-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

My explanation for what these potentially could be came from me, not the MSN.

It seems quite plausible to me that:

"Things flying in circles, being illuminated by a bright light"
could =
"flying animals eating insects".

I don't need the MSN for me to figure that one out.

edit on 3/29/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Some of you posters make it obvious that you did NOT watch the FULL video.

You skipped through it and came to your conclusion in less than a minute.

I honestly can't believe people are calling those bats ..... simply because you correlate the light to the bugs to the bats.

correlation does not = causation

It's LED planes ....or lanterns or a laser show or holograms loooong before they are ...bats

Lets face it .... right now they are technically UFOs

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Here is a video from 2006 where you clearly can see they a flying with wing movements, and they are diving for insects.

Your explanation of you seeing bats all the time and they don't illuminate,well, do you have a streetlight with a 315.000 watt lightbulb pointing in to the sky, do you know how much light that is, concentrated in a giant lightbeam.

Here is a video with a normal streetlight, bats and insects, the light is not strong enough to illuminate them.

They are freaking bats hunting insects, get over it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Looks like bats or night hawks to me. Ever been to a night baseball game in the desert? You see birds and bats attracted by the bugs drawn by the stadium lights all the time. When I watched the video, I knew exactly what it is.

LOTS of bats here in the desert at sunset. These were a few I took late last year less than half a mile from my place (they stay under the bridges until sunset).

Now, if there was a light like the one from Luxor shining on them from below, they would light up pretty good. They arent stealth technology...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The fact that (especially in the second video) the objects seem to be most visible when they are in the beam of the spotlight makes me think they are NOT objects with their our light source (such as LED lights), nor would it seem likely that it is a laser light show -- I mean, why would that laser light show be only visible in the beam of that spotlight?

I've seem flying animals (what I saw were bats) at night in spotlights before, flying in circles. I'm not sure why you doubt that could happen. I can't tell if these are bats or birds, but it's certainly possible.

Here's that second video that someone posted on the previous page. The objects or most visible in the light beam, as if they do NOT have their own light source:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This example shows birds attracted to the 9/11 tribute lights in NYC

Looks similar?
edit on 29-3-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Luxor bug buffet

When winds buffet the buffet, the bats search elsewhere for food. But on still nights, the aerial battle among bats and bugs above the Luxor is a cloudy tornado of activity, extending as high as the eye can see.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Bats?

I guess everything in America is bigger.

Please, bats?! Where i live i see bats galore. they are everywhere. Yes, we have our beams here in Johannesburg, too. I have never seen bat eyes reflecting like that.

BS.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Ya unfortunately the first of those videos are unable to clearly show a distinguishable bat.

That first one you linked from 2006 has some interesting comments below it.

I know youtube comments are to be taken with a grain of salt ....but sometimes the videos bring out local comments.
edit on 29-3-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Again...seriously??? bats???

Some of you folks need to go out more and constantly look at the sky to see what stuff really does.

Yes, bats. Or maybe birds, but probably bats.

And we do go out often enough to see what stuff really does. For example, ATS member "Gavron" posted this similar video of Birds at the World Trade Center memorial spotlight:

And then this article posted by ATS member "zarniwoop" that explains that it is a very common occurrence for bats to be seen in the Luxor's bright spotlight beam, eating insects.

Is It a Light Show or a Light Snack? For Las Vegas Bats, the Luxor Is Both

So, now we know flying animals CAN be seen in bright spotlights flying around in circles,
AND
We know that bats are often seen flying in the bright spotlight of the Luxor, feeding on insects.

It's not very hard to connect the dots here and see that the bat explanation is a perfectly plausible one.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

It's possibly the bodies of bats (or birds) -- NOT their eyes -- that are being illuminated by the spotlight.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

That video does not really compare if you watch with a detailed eye.

First the perspective is from directly below and next to the light source ...

And the birds are moving pretty random ...unlike the OP video... which you make say is random but it has a little synchronicity to it.

I do respect your guys point of views and have not excluded them as possibilities ....

But I just have strong opinions sometimes of UFOs ever since my own experiences in 2010.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I hate to say this, I really do... but I think this is skydivers (chutes deployed possibly?). I don't really want to pull up the massive thread where this happened before, but this is pretty close to the same thing.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by KaelemJames

It's possibly the bodies of bats (or birds) -- NOT their eyes -- that are being illuminated by the spotlight.

Fine, i will bite on it. I respect your explanation, as i do on many of your replies in threads. It is plausible that it can be bats, but, this ain't bats/birds, imo.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I hate to say this, I really do... but I think this is skydivers (chutes deployed possibly?). I don't really want to pull up the massive thread where this happened before, but this is pretty close to the same thing.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

The only problem with that theory is that they would go blind if they were to be directly in the beam of the light. That light is powerful. One look into the beam and you can go blind

BTW, does anyone live in Las Vegas and owns a pair of binoculars? Maybe they can go down there tonight and solve this mystery before this thread reaches 100 pages ! If those things are bats, then they must be there on a nightly basis. If they aren't... then its definitely questioning time.

edit on 29-3-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by gavron

That video does not really compare if you watch with a detailed eye.

First the perspective is from directly below and next to the light source ...

And the birds are moving pretty random ...unlike the OP video... which you make say is random but it has a little synchronicity to it.

I do respect your guys point of views and have not excluded them as possibilities ....

But I just have strong opinions sometimes of UFOs ever since my own experiences in 2010.

Respectfully, just because you had a UFO experience a couple of years ago does not make every odd light in the sky a UFO with no mundane explanation.

Sometimes UFO reports can have perfectly plausible mundane explanations, whether you once saw a difficult-to-explain UFO or not.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join