It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent UFO footage over LAS VEGAS BLVD

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Looked like something - balloons, lanterns, bats or moths - caught in some kind of Man Made Vortex.

Did find it interesting how it took on the form of human DNA strand!

Thanks for sharing OP - guess like all the others, we will never know - but got to admit, it's pretty convincing - yet those on the strip didn't seem so impressed so .......

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
These pics are kind of cool. Long exposure shots of feedin' time in the Luxor beam. Looks like that light can illuminate these critters well outside the main light column too..

Bugs, Bats and Birds at the Luxor

That is an amazing image! Thanks for sharing!

Pretty much the nail in the coffin for the "orb" crowd. Bats/bird feeding frenzy in the light!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

I'm not saying it is or isn't anything, but how does this picture prove anything? Couldn't this be proof of orbs? Flying around and illuminating outside of the beam? It's not like you can see bats in this image, is it? So why does it prove something for you?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

You kidding? nail in the coffin? not even close

The picture presented is a still image that clearly has added digital effects to it.

I agree... it's a cool pic and also agree that bats birds and bugs swarm that light ......but the OP video just doesn't match up with that.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by gavron

I'm not saying it is or isn't anything, but how does this picture prove anything? Couldn't this be proof of orbs? Flying around and illuminating outside of the beam? It's not like you can see bats in this image, is it? So why does it prove something for you?
\

The pictures seem to match the eyewitness accounts of bats often being seen illuminated by that exact same light beam chasing insects, as discussed here in this article (originally posted by ATS member "Zarniwoop" on page 2):

Is It a Light Show or a Light Snack? For Las Vegas Bats, the Luxor Is Both

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This stinks of Hollywood viral trash... Just the guy talking to begin with. He makes sure to tie it up with youtube... He sounds like an actor, but then even the image of the said craft had an off-ness to it. Just... looked CG'd

Setting up for the next summer UFO block buster hit!

(Probably flop, we're bored with the movies... we are ready for the real ones.)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by gavron

\

The pictures seem to match the eyewitness accounts of bats often being seen illuminated by that exact same light beam chasing insects, as discussed here in this article (originally posted by ATS member "Zarniwoop" on page 2):

Is It a Light Show or a Light Snack? For Las Vegas Bats, the Luxor Is Both

Thanks! You explained it better than I could have. I appreciate it!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
The picture presented is a still image that clearly has added digital effects to it.

Guess I'm not seeing the added digital effects. The swirls are clearly just time lapsed trails from the birds/bats feeding off insects drawn to the light. The clouds behind are light by the city glow....and typically that color. Whenever I shoot time lapse photos of the city lights, and there are clouds present, they always have that "dirty" kinda color to them.
edit on 29-3-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

But it doesn't because I see no bats in the image... Yes the article goes some way to proving it's bats, with the eye witness accounts, though not all of them seemed convinced. I would love to see some professional up close video to lay it to rest. I was surprised to see smooth synchronization in the movements of the op. That is the bit that still bugs me. I don't think bats act like that, they are erratic.

It is possible that a whole host of wildlife are taking advantage of the buffet. I don't think the op one is bats.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Def Bats...We see the same thing here in Eastern AZ under our street lights. Ive had to double take a few times in the past when one caught my eye from the corner of it.

I feel the picture def gives credit to this theory as well. People say how? I mean come on, seriously you dont see how that picture above gives credit to the bat theory?

When viewing something far away under a mega watt light its going to illuminate it in that way.

check this other pic out from goodle..

dariacasciani.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
BTW I DO BELIEVE IN ALIENS

I just dont take everything for face value

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Originally posted by boncho
"That's the < snip > I see on YouTube all the time!"

Chinese lanterns?
edit on 29-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Mate, you posted 2 minutes after the thread was created. There is no way you could have watched the whole video!
It would allmost appear like you just jump in and comment on any ufo video you come across.

To the OP, i have no idea what this could be. With it being Vegas though, there are many lights around there, might be something ordinary indeed.

vvv
edit on 29-3-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

SWEEET, another shill caught red handed. No credibility left in element Bravo Oscar (now known as Bravo Sierra).
Las Vegas is the home (or used to be) of the esteemed, and well respected ZORGON . May be he can add something here.
But for the gobenmt to say that they are bats, is well, batty

edit on 29-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by molonlabe

But I'm not saying it isn't bats... I'm saying I see no bats in the image! So it doesn't PROVE bats to me. Why can't you see that it could be a whole host of other things that fly?

Now the picture you posted you can clearly see winged creatures of some sort. In the other picture you can not! And you can not see it in the op video either.

Bats tend to be super fast and dart about missing each other with last second adjustments. They would dart about after food too, I don't see that in the op video.

Someone posted another video of "bats" darting about which looked more like how I would expect them to behave. But that behavior wasn't in the op video.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by molonlabe
BTW I DO BELIEVE IN ALIENS

I just dont take everything for face value

What do you mean by that? If someone took the image at face value you would think worms were flying in the sky. No one is saying that.

And if you're not seeing it at face value you are interpreting it? Right? Interpretations are subjective. If I saw high quality pictures or video of bats in this beam acting the same way as in the op then I would take it at face value and see the bats. Until then I am just interpreting or guessing.

Are bats the only things that eat bugs?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Deny Ignorance huh? Am I on the right site?

Originally posted by Exitt
I think this could be a government project of some kind, man made orbs rather than UFO's.
You're right, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one....

Originally posted by wavemaker
Since when do bats glow in the sky?
Since they fly over a 315,000 watt light beam? Nah.

Originally posted by azureskys
If those were were all White Bats (albino)
it might be a more viable explanation, But when bats here are flying around bright light they are still brown looking or even a Irish-setter red and they don't appear to glow or give off their own light.
North American Powder Bats!

Nice Find! I think this might be the best UFO video of 2012.
Don't worry it's only March

Again...seriously??? bats??? Some of you folks need to go out more and constantly look at the sky to see what stuff really does.
I know right? Those look way different than the bats that fly around my towns 315,000 watt light beam! Try to be attentive people!

Some of you posters make it obvious that you did NOT watch the FULL video. You skipped through it and came to your conclusion in less than a minute.
Exactly, those bats in the first minute of video clearly look different than those after the 7 minute mark!

Originally posted by KaelemJames
Bats?
I guess everything in America is bigger. Please, bats?! Where i live i see bats galore. they are everywhere. Yes, we have our beams here in Johannesburg, too. I have never seen bat eyes reflecting like that. BS.
Nope just in Texas. Though our bats also shoot laser beams out the eyes if you stare too long.

Originally posted by Wookiep
I hate to say this, I really do... but I think this is skydivers (chutes deployed possibly?).
Key word.... "divers", think about it.

Originally posted by HumanoidX
Looks like synchronized swimming but it is in space...the Movement is not eratic and jumpy.It seems to be smooth and and synchronized. This may well be the best video I've seen this year.
Wow, thanks space. Really appreciate you 1upping the 2012 games before we even have them.... stupid space.

Originally posted by burntoast
makes me wonder if its project blu beam ( hologram ufos) or maybe the ufos forgot where the real pyramids are
Ha! "real pyramids", next thing you know people will be saying these are real bats!

Originally posted by Irish614
wouldn't that beam of light be too hot for the bats to even be in?
That's exactly how Chris Angel died!

Originally posted by SubPop79
Those must be the biggest, smoothing flying, glowing bats in the world. First of all bats do not fly that smoothly. It is common sense that they are the two most erratic flying things ever. No way could you get them to do what is happening in the video.
Bat's simply wouldn't be interested in hundreds of thousands of snacks, especially at night when they are too busy hunting for food!

Originally posted by leira7
I live in vegas and I too have seen strange lights on a few different occasions. Those are not bats. I know what a bat looks like, I use to see them all the time when I lived in New Mexico, they are tiny and do not fly in a straight pattern. I have never seen a bat here in las vegas, not to say that they don't exist here, but I have never seen one.
Bats!? GET REAL.
The idea of another type of species living in Las Vegas?!? Preposterous!

Originally posted by Komodo
definetly not bats, ballons, sky divers, helos........ It's as if they're being attracted to the light like a moth to a flame...
You don't say..... :bnghd:

Originally posted by Komodo
they're bats with a reflective coating, or they are 'orbs' which radiate or can highly reflect light at that distance. Bugs, even lighing bugs, can NOT illuminate at that distance using the above info to understand how much light is being reflected or illuminated.
Teflon Bats! And no, a bug, even lightning bugs can not illuminate at that distance, they must be 20 feet or closer to an observer to glow.

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
This stinks of Hollywood viral trash... Just the guy talking to begin with. He makes sure to tie it up with youtube... He sounds like an actor, but then even the image of the said craft had an off-ness to it. Just... looked CG'd
Battle Las Vegas: Nuclear Space Bats - opens summer 2013!

Thanks for the laughs ATS, appreciated it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Ridicule and sarcasm ....common traits of ignorant debunkers who see no other possibility.

...your post is a little chaotic..not sure where you're going with it
edit on 29-3-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yeah this is a pretty lame video. The 'lights' only appear when they're within the giant beam of light from the building below... total give away.

Now that UFO footage from the Dome of the Rock in Israel, or that famous one over NYC a year ago.. those are legit sightings.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

No other posibility

Everything i have posted, proves they are bats, i used no sarcasme or redicule at all, but you still think they are...???
What do you think they are actually

And he did well in summarizing the good stuff

edit on 29-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I present to you.... suspect number one

Mexican Free-tailed Bat (Tadarida brasiliensis)

Hunts in open sky at night - check

Urban habitats - check

Creates "swirling clouds" when hunting with colony - check

Straight flier - check

UFO - nope

ETA

Almost forgot to add...

Found in Las Vegas - check
edit on 29-3-2012 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have to say that if I were a self-illuminating orb, I would choose to appear where bats are commonly illuminated by the Luxor beam so I could fit right in with them... talk about clever. Much orb respect.

edit on 29-3-2012 by Zarniwoop because: d'oh!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join