It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those seeking God though the bible...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

So now tell the audience why you want people who have never read the bible before to start at Matthew Chapter 3 and not Matthew chapter 1 or Genesis 1?

You've already given the reason i suggested people start at matthew 3...

why restate it?

Well atleast you admit it. Their maybe some hope in you yet, I just wish you would be more honest about these claims you are making. You know for a fact there wrong... but you choose to pursue this hatetheist agenda to try and rile up Christians on ATS... Why do it, what do you honestly hope to achieve? Surely you could be doing something more constructive with your time. If you don't believe in the bible, I can accept that as everyone must make a decision whether to accept or reject the gospel truth. But going out of your way to make up such damnable lies, I just don't get.
edit on 28-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

But going out of your way to make up such damnable lies, I just don't get....

Remember the 9th?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Do you realize God hates Liars?

Only a fool would think God hates anyone. What kind of father would hate any of his children? A bad one.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Heres a quote from your "hatetheist" link...

•Whereas the atheist is respectful during a conversation or interaction, the hatetheist – either immediately or very soon – descends into ad hominem attacks and disrespectful name calling. The names used many times completely mischaracterize a Christian’s true position (e.g. “flat-earther”). Sometimes, the hatetheist will go so far as to say that anyone who believes in God is clinically crazy or insane.

•In addition to attacking a Christian’s intelligence or character, the hatetheist routinely tosses out derogatory names or references to God (e.g. “invisible sky fairy”) and Jesus (a “Jewish zombie” or “Bejebus”). The atheist, however, typically does not refer to God or Jesus in such ways.

•Hatetheists tend to be inordinately arrogant and border on narcissism when it comes to their perception of their own intelligence vs. those who hold to a theistic worldview. An example are hatetheists who label themselves as "The Brights," with the obvious message being anyone who is not an atheist must be dimwitted.

So who is the liar here?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Only a fool would think God hates anyone. What kind of father would hate any of his children? A bad one.

Only a fool would make assumptions on the nature of God without reading the Bible. All you have is worthless opinion, here is scriptural proof that God hates:

Psalm 5:5, "The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity,"

Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."
Lev. 20:23, "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."

Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, 19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."

Hosea 9:15, "All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels."

If these verses make you feel uncomfortable, they should. God hates sin and punishes the sinner.

Also the Bible never referrers to the unrepentant sinner as a child of God.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Your point?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes but do you?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I think my post is relative to the topic. If it is not, I am sure the moderators will do what they must. Do you suppose that simply saying it is off topic as a threat? (I notice this a lot around here.) There is a commonality between all beliefs and faiths across the globe. Creations myths, great floods, and such bridge a gap and create commonality between all people of earth, despite race, sex, or belief. I was simply setting an example of this, and why the bible is allegorical and not literal, using the Old Testament myths and Atlantis Myths.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Yet you assert that the Old Testament is made up from a bunch of myths without providing any evidence to support your claim, despite the fact science and archaeology paints a very different picture. And If we're to believe in the New testament at all then we must attest to the truth of the story's in the Old testament of actually happening. Jesus even talked about Adam/Eve & Jonah being real people real people along with Noah and the flood. What your essentially doing is accusing God of putting fables in the Bible and calling Jesus a liar. I would be interested to know which parts in the OT do you believe didn't actually took place...? Please elaborate.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Good luck with that...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
@RevelationGeneration
What do you think about the bible foretelling the coming of the Prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him ) ? If i'm unclear to you, please do consider to listen to this. The name Muhammad is clearly said when reading the verse which contains his name.

Take a look: www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I agree with Akragon's suggestion to begin reading at Matthew 3.

The versions of the Bible which are in circulation today have been arranged by the church in a manner which suits their agenda; control over the heart, mind and soul of those who are indoctrinated to its teachings.

Don't allow your mind to be poisoned by hate. There is deception even in the Bible.

Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good, abstain from every form of evil. (Thessalonians 5:21-22)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Having read your original post twice, Madcat, it seems to me that you are holding your cards very close to the vest, and not saying all that you imply. I know that you characteristically communicate in riddles, but maybe you could tell us all straight out what you mean. It works for most of us. At some point, I realise that Madcat may not be as smart or as wise as his air of mystery might indicate.

Other than that, I have read the Old & New Testaments also, and it seems clear to me that God/Yahweh/YHWH/Jesus is NOT easily reduced to merely human qualities. He has told us that His ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts. He expresses Himself in human terms as a way to make Himself understood by our limited minds. He has ultimate plans for us for good, but right now, He works with the pesky sin problem, and statements such as your "God loves ALL of his creation..." are just misleading, and very easily refuted.

Why do you not tell us what you REALLY think?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

John 5:39

The entire Bible is about Jesus.

Why would one need to "search" the scriptures if the whole thing was about him?

God is Jesus before he came to earth.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

he love's because he will forgive...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaMuslim
@RevelationGeneration
What do you think about the bible foretelling the coming of the Prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him ) ?

What book and verse, please? Sorry, but I don't hold YouTube videos to be proof of anything. Sorta like the reporting by MSM.

Time

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Yet you assert that the Old Testament is made up from a bunch of myths without providing any evidence to support your claim, despite the fact science and archaeology paints a very different picture. And If we're to believe in the New testament at all then we must attest to the truth of the story's in the Old testament of actually happening. Jesus even talked about Adam/Eve & Jonah being real people real people along with Noah and the flood. What your essentially doing is accusing God of putting fables in the Bible and calling Jesus a liar. I would be interested to know which parts in the OT do you believe didn't actually took place...? Please elaborate.

I don't wish to debate at this time. Suffice it to say, I'm not Christian so I am under no obligation to believe it is not the word of man or that Christ himself is a composite archetype that has reoccurred in theme over and over again throughout the millions of years of the history of mankind. I don't deny that the endless names recorded in those books of the Bible correlate with history, because that is what it is, a history book of a certain geographical location that split apart and made the three monotheistic religions that has continuously waged war in the name of a benevolent God. *Phew* (Takes a breath.) There is much I find evil in the bible. Particularly Deuteronomy. I don't believe an omniscient being could first of all condone rape, infanticide, and slavery. Please don't lecture me that I cannot Judge God - I don't see it as thus. I am judging the bible, a book written by men influenced by what was morally ethical and acceptable in it's day. It is never okay to kill, then or now. It is never okay to rape. Then or now. It is never okay to enslave. Then or now. PERIOD.

As to Christ, I believe that mankind has it in within them to ascend or spiritually awaken, so I have no quarrel that men and women for that matter like Christ existed, then and now. Thus, they are immortalized through myth, but they first had to have a corporeal existence in this world to demonstrate to us knowledge of the divinity that is within us all. All these "sons and daughters of God" throughout time have equal merit because nothing exists outside of God. Blessed Be in Love and Light

edit on 28-3-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: spelling

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Only a fool would make assumptions on the nature of God without reading the Bible. All you have is worthless opinion, here is scriptural proof that God hates:

Psalm 5:5, "The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity,"

Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."
Lev. 20:23, "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."

Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, 19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."

Hosea 9:15, "All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels."

If these verses make you feel uncomfortable, they should. God hates sin and punishes the sinner.

Also the Bible never referrers to the unrepentant sinner as a child of God.

So, then you agree that God is a bad father then, huh?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I realise that Madcat may not be as smart or as wise as his air of mystery might indicate

typical Christian...

Resort to personal attacks when you disagree with someone... how pathetic.

I know that you characteristically communicate in riddles, but maybe you could tell us all straight out what you mean.

Obviously you don't know anything about me... or what i post... i speak normal english, no riddles...

Considering you're read it twice and still haven't figured out what i said is Crystal Clear... You obviously have some reading comprehension issues... I would hardly say my intelligents is the thing in question...

Check yourself before you question others....

Why do you not tell us what you REALLY think?

Perhaps you should read it again... its in plain english... read it slow this time so you can understand it.

And what i really think, is that you and your fellow Christians should leave this thread

Its clearly not made for you or those like you... As i've said i expected incomming crap from you people... The point of this thread isn't to duke it out with christian fanatics....

Its a plea to people seeking God through the bible... to start at a better spot.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

A good father is also a just one and does not let sin go unpunished.

That is like committing a crime then going into court and asking the Judge to let you off because you have done good deeds in your life. It doesn't quite wash because you have broken the law, and God is not a corrupt Judge, his standard is perfection.

If God was bad then we would be in a totally different reality. Imagine having an all powerful God that is bad... What a scary scenario that would be. I rejoice in the fact God is eternally good and just.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join