It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those seeking God though the bible...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I expect this thread to be trashed and flamed straight to hell

So lets get it over with...

Those who seek God though the bible.... Please read about Jesus FIRST!!

Understand the true God of the bible before you learn about the false ones through out the rest of the book.

The God Jesus spoke about is NOT the same God as the many spoken about within the pages of the bible.

He spoke of the ONE true God... A Merciful, Loving God who FORGIVES his children...

KNOW this...

God loves ALL of his creation...

EVERYTHING... has a purpose, including the bad parts of said creation...

AND...

BEWARE of religious people and what they tell you the bible actually says...

Read it for yourself.... And start with Matthew 3

That is all...

Flame away...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I could write a book about Jesus too. It would be up for debate if what he said in the book is what he really said in real life. It would be up for debate what he did in the book is what he really did in real life.

My book would be just as useful as the Bible. But probably not read as much.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Fair point I suppose, the problem is your interpretation might be totally different to someone else's?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I could write a book about Jesus too. It would be up for debate if what he said in the book is what he really said in real life. It would be up for debate what he did in the book is what he really did in real life.

My book would be just as useful as the Bible. But probably not read as much.

I believe if you were well known for healing people... and spreading love and forgiveness... Being completely "selfless" in all aspects of your life... Perhaps even returning from the dead to tell the people who know you about it... and of course to reassure those people that death isn't "the end"

I think it would sell my friend!!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I believe if you were well known for healing people... and spreading love and forgiveness... Being completely "selfless" in all aspects of your life... Perhaps even returning from the dead to tell the people who know you about it... and of course to reassure those people that death isn't "the end"

That's nice, but Jesus didn't write the bible. So.... Why shouldn't my book about him be as popular as all the others?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Wait, what? You mean Jesus Christ is not the author of the Bible??!?!?

My faith is ruined....everything I knew as true has been destroyed
thanks a lot

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

That's nice, but Jesus didn't write the bible. So.... Why shouldn't my book about him be as popular as all the others?

No he didn't... but apparently what is written about him was "close to"... if not witness accounts of him...

I would have to read your book to give an opinion of it.

Start writng... and call a publisher...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Killing me with kindness aren't you Akragon.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Great thread! I agree completely. S&F. It's the old testament when taken literally, rather than allegorically, that causes the main problem in my opinion.

I have spent quite a bit of time studying the legends of Atlantis and it's been put forward as a theory that the old testament are describing the last great civilization that arose to understand the technology and sciences of the universe. They then go down into the ocean, one of the great deluges, because they had become so entrenched in their own materialism that God sends forth the flood to cleanse the earth. Some legends goes on the say that groups of people survived and went to the various parts of the world, keeping with them, the important teachings and mysteries of their society so that they may once again begin anew. This is why you find the commonality between all of the different faiths, of course influenced by it's society, as it grew, expanded and developed.

I think the old testament to be just that. A geographical retelling of Atlantis (Garden of Eden) and how it came to be that we fell from Grace or having a heaven on Earth (advanced technology and understandings of the mysteries of the universe i.e. astronomy, science, advanced health) into having to start over (flood sent to purge the earth) because of all the things that develop in a materialist world i.e. sin or man's fall from grace. (Adam and Eve). It's all symbolism and that is all it ever was. As society grew and began to develop, different regions expanded upon their ethic, moral, expectations and began to add history to their texts. The Old Testament then divided into three distinct areas - Judaism (Torah), Islamic (Koran), and Christianity (New Testament).

Beliefs and spirituality is meant to grow and change with it's people.

edit on 27-3-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: Forgot a word

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

John 5:39

The entire Bible is about Jesus.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

John 5:39

The entire Bible is about Jesus.

Why would one need to "search" the scriptures if the whole thing was about him?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Killing me with kindness aren't you Akragon.

Always...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

False teacher alert

Jesus clearly says that He did not come to abolish the Old Testament nor its laws,

Matt 5:17-18 : "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Originally posted by AkragonThose who seek God though the bible.... Please read about Jesus FIRST!!

Understand the true God of the bible before you learn about the false ones through out the rest of the book.

By false ones I take it your talking about the pagan deity's that YHWH exposes in the old testament?

Originally posted by Akragon
The God Jesus spoke about is NOT the same God as the many spoken about within the pages of the bible.

He spoke of the ONE true God... A Merciful, Loving God who FORGIVES his children...

When Jesus talked about the Father, he was talking about YHWH who is the same God found in the Old Testament, I just hope you realize that...

God loves ALL of his creation...

He is also infinitely just. He must deal with sin. God punishes the sinner and hates all who do iniquity.

EVERYTHING... has a purpose, including the bad parts of said creation...

And again you a preaching a false gospel...

Verses to show God hates:

Psalm 5:5, "The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity,"

Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."
Lev. 20:23, "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."

Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, 19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."

Hosea 9:15, "All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels."

Are these verses hard to read? Do they make you feel uncomfortable? They should. God hates sin. But, He does not punish sin. He punishes the sinner.
edit on 28-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

BEWARE of religious people and what they tell you the bible actually says...

Right... You mean beware of people that are filled with the Holy spirit and can actually interpret scripture properly, because you want to convince people on these forum to believe in your false gospel. When will you repent Akragon ?

Read it for yourself.... And start with Matthew 3

Why start with chapter 3? Why not 1? Oh yes that's right, because it tells us the genealogy of jesus from adam. No one who starts reading a book skips the first 2 chapters... so why should anyone do it with the New Testament? I think Its quite obvious what your trying to do here...

Also why should anyone take your threads seriously if your going to be immature and make jokes about hell?

I expect this thread to be trashed and flamed straight to hell

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Yet Jesus took the old testament literally too... So it must be correct, unless you are calling him a liar. Furthermore what has Atlantis got to do with the bible or this thread? Topic drift is against ATS forum etiquette.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I will not indulge you in your silly religious ranting...

As i stated in the original post, i expected people like you in this thread...

I'll let the reader decide who is the false teacher... considering i am not teaching or preaching anything...

Its more of a plea... for people to wake up and stop listening to people like you

Have a nice day!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You make claims such has "Jesus was not God", and "God loves all" and "The God of the OT and NT are different"... Yet I have refuted those claims by providing scriptural evidence. Its obvious because I speak biblical truth you have nothing to respond to my refutations of all the claims you make. People will see that you are a liar by your own accord, I do not need to be here for people to see this.

And because I follow what the bible actually says instead of cherry picking verses to suit my own agenda and liking, you call me "religious"... When in reality I detest religion. Now that is Ironic...

Matthew 7:15 "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Galatians 1:8 "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!"

You are preaching a false gospel and are at odd's with what the scriptures say.

Do you realize God hates Liars? Why are you trying to deceive others with your false teachings? You know for a fact the bible clearly doesn't say what you are trying to make claim.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Akragon

You make claims such has "Jesus was not God", and "God loves all" and "The God of the OT and NT are different".

I have refuted those claims by providing scriptural evidence. Its obvious because I speak biblical truth you have nothing to respond to my refutations of all the claims you make. People will see that you are a liar by your own accord, I do not need to be here for people to see this.

And because I follow what the bible actually says instead of cherry picking verses to suit my own agenda and liking, you call me "religious"... When in reality I detest religion. Now that is Ironic...

Matthew 7:15 "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Galatians 1:8 "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!"

I didn't make this thread to start refuting claims from religious fanatics... I could easily spend pages and pages refuting your nonsense... but as i've said repeatedly... that is not the point of this thread.

IF you don't need to be here for people to see "my lies"...

Please go somewhere else and rant... no one is forcing you to post in my thread

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Akragon

You make claims such has "Jesus was not God", and "God loves all" and "The God of the OT and NT are different".

I have refuted those claims by providing scriptural evidence. Its obvious because I speak biblical truth you have nothing to respond to my refutations of all the claims you make. People will see that you are a liar by your own accord, I do not need to be here for people to see this.

I didn't make this thread to start refuting claims from religious fanatics... I could easily spend pages and pages refuting your nonsense... but as i've said repeatedly... that is not the point of this thread.

IF you don't need to be here for people to see "my lies"...

Please go somewhere else and rant... no one is forcing you to post in my thread

You are making false claims about the bible. I have every right to be here and will respond accordingly, as I have already done so by refuting what you have said. It is not surprising that you are unable to defend your claims as cherry pickers are usually unable to. If your going to make a thread, and make a claim, at-least have evidence such as scripture to back them up, so then myself and others can have a discussion with you about it. This is how most threads usually work. I am not going to leave because you tell me too, or because what I have said makes you feel uncomfortable, as you know its the truth.

So now tell the audience why you want people who have never read the bible before to start at Matthew Chapter 3 and not Matthew chapter 1 or Genesis 1?

Please enlighten us...

PS: Akragon has made about 5 claims in his original post without even one shred of evidence... Does this not seem strange to anyone else?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

So now tell the audience why you want people who have never read the bible before to start at Matthew Chapter 3 and not Matthew chapter 1 or Genesis 1?

You've already given the reason i suggested people start at matthew 3...

why restate it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join