It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those seeking God though the bible...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by Akragon

seems like that line of thinking continued all the way up into the Salem witch trials?

We've reformed the Catholic Church when we started nailing reformations on the doors...

Moses was the law giver... they are extremely decent laws.

There was nothing decent about mosaic/levitical law...

This is why Jesus outed those laws and gave his own... directly from God.

the Ten Commandments are right Just imo...

edit on 30-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If you want to talk about fallen angels having children, then you may want to consider what Jesus may have meant by saying

39 They [Jewish listeners who believed in Jesus] answered him, “Our father is Abraham.”

Jesus said to them, "“If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God. Abraham didn’t do this. 41 You do the works of your father.”"

They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father, God.”

42 Therefore Jesus said to them, "“If God were your father, you would love me, for I came out and have come from God. For I haven’t come of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why don’t you understand my speech? Because you can’t hear my word. 44 You are of your father, the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and doesn’t stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks on his own; for he is a liar, and its father. 45 But because I tell the truth, you don’t believe me. 46 Which of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? 47 He who is of God hears the words of God. For this cause you don’t hear, because you are not of God.”"
John 8

This is a passage that Jewish authorities, by means of Jewish-Christian Relations councils forbid to be discussed in Christian discussion groups.(see note below for an example) You should ask yourself who really you follow.

Does the law bring life or death? Do you follow Torah or Jesus?

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses. Grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time. The one and only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

Note:Statement by the CHRISTIAN SCHOLARS GROUP ON CHRISTIAN-JEWISH RELATIONS (U.S.A.) | 06.09.2002

8. Christian worship that teaches contempt for Judaism dishonors God.
The New Testament contains passages that have frequently generated negative attitudes toward Jews and Judaism. The use of these texts in the context of worship increases the likelihood of hostility toward Jews. Christian anti-Jewish theology has also shaped worship in ways that denigrate Judaism and foster contempt for Jews. We urge church leaders to examine scripture readings, prayers, the structure of the lectionaries, preaching and hymns to remove distorted images of Judaism. A reformed Christian liturgical life would express a new relationship with Jews and thus honor God.

edit on 30-3-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Read Proverbs 6:16-19, (Deuteronomy 12:31; 16:22) & (Psalm 5:4-6; 11:5).

In Romans 12:9 it tells us 'Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good'.

God hates evil and all that do iniquity, because he is righteous and just.

edit on 30-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Of course, early Christians are going to write about Jesus, they believe in him and in the stories that were past down from even earlier Christians...

No that is not true... Some of Jesus family was still alive at the time when the apostles and early Christians were around... Are you going to try and now say they were lying as well?

The closest testimony we have for Jesus is within (50 years) which is very short in historical margins. That something that was actually written around the time that Jesus was alive...

Josephus wrote about Jesus, this is true, but it isn't contemporary because he was writing about Jesus in 93 AD, 93 years after the After Death (of Jesus). So that is not trustworthy, just like a Christian writing about Jesus today wouldn't be trust worthy...

Josephus wasn't the only one... How about watching the video?

There are many historians that lived around the time of Jesus that could've written about him but none of them did. You would think something like walking on water, or feeding many people with 2 fish is something that would make the news and be written about...

All the famous ones did... Others probably did but they were lost...

Your Going to have to try much harder than that if your going to make a radical claim such as Jesus not existing. Many secularist historians would disagree with you. You are apart of a minority sect that is making radical claims just for the sake of it. This 'Jesus didn't exist' theory has only been around since about the time of when Darwins origin of species came out. Doesn't that tell you something?
edit on 30-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I don't hate the Jews friend. I pray for them and Israel's protection everyday. Many Jews are coming to Christ in this generation.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's fun to watch the blind having an animated conversation about Color Theory.
Carry on ...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Many Jews are coming to Christ in this generation.

Right, as Christianity is subverted to where it is nothing but an auxiliary to Judaism.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by Akragon

I must admit that I was feeling guilty last night after re-reading your OP,

BEWARE of religious people and what they tell you the bible actually says...

Read it for yourself...

I spent hours and hours agonizing about whether I was one of the religious people you mentioned.
Then I decided finally to just risk it, that if you had a problem with what I wrote you'ld let me know.

The reason I posted to this thread, rather than "Christian doctrines vs scripture" by sk0rpi0n is that I approved of your premise more. His premise seemed to be that the whole Bible can be harmonized to reach correct understanding. A theory that destroyed my mind over several years by attempting it.

No need to stress about that statement my friend... you are not the type i was warning against...

I was refering to those that "condem others to hell" for not following a certian dogmatic view...

More specifically... IF you look at the original post... page 1... You'll see one member Call me a "false teacher"... people like that member are the reason i made that statement... Im not teaching or preaching anything... Im simply giving people an honest suggestion, even a means to understand what the true God in the bible is about...

The one(s) mentioned in the OT are not the same as the one Jesus spoke about... I would like people to see that distinction... there are only hints of the true God in the OT... most of which have to do with prophecy of Jesus.

This thread was not meant to offend... but i expected the fanatics to come flying at me from all directions as i stated in the OP...

I can't change the fact that "christians" will take offence to what i say... its just unfortunate they can't see that im "pro Jesus"... but even he said "people will hate you for my name sake"

edit on 29-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)
I stand by what I said. Listening to the love of the lukewarm go on about "christians" and "fanatics"... disgusting.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Right, as Christianity is subverted to where it is nothing but an auxiliary to Judaism.

There are several Jewish Christians at my church.

/facepalm

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just in case anyone need saving from those that interprete allegory as literal, we have help. Lessons in Critical Thinking for the masses

=========

freethought.mbdojo.com...

Is Christianity a Cult?

Don't just react. Let us consider this question honestly.

How do YOU view members of a cult? Let's say, the Heaven's Gate cult, whose members all killed themselves in the hopes of riding the UFO in the tail of Comet Hale-Bopp.

1) Probably, you would say that members of a cult have lost the ability to think for themselves. They abandon rational, critical thinking. (Most normal people would not accept the idea of salvation in the tail of a comet.) Now, consider the claims of the bible- walking on water, parting of the Red Sea, sticks to snakes, Jonah and the whale, Noah and the Ark, etc. Do people accept these things without question or critical thinking? They most certainly do!

========

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Good point there. Babylon's perversion of both.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Lest we not forget that the Biblical god tells many Christians to hate the Gay folks. They (the Christians) seem to be stuck back in ancient history and don't pay much attention to science and the issues of how man has so corrupted the food chain and screwed up people's bodies with chemicals.

But, science is speaking of how the Bible tells to treat the body as a temple to keep clean, but Christians stood around ignoring the corruption of the food supplies. Now they want to kick those affected by the lack of attention to protecting the kids from chemicals in the food and water.

========

viewzone2.com...

Study done in Potomac River in 2000 found 80 percent of the male fish collected had become feminized and their sex organs were not producing sperm.Scientists suspected that pollution in the river must have had something to do with it. Scientist have proved that large pesticide spill in lake Apopka, Florida was responsible for declining alligator population .Investigation relived endocrine disruptor in bodies and eggs of the alligator Similar type of spill also happed in Great Lakes area but this time it was polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) spill.Bird preying on fish in this area have shown similar dysfunctions.People who consumed fish from this lake had thyroid problems. Of spring of fish-eating mother in this area weighed less at birth with smaller head and they scored less in IQ test.

===========

scienceray.com...

Study done in Potomac River in 2000 found 80 percent of the male fish collected had become feminized and their sex organs were not producing sperm.Scientists suspected that pollution in the river must have had something to do with it. Scientist have proved that large pesticide spill in lake Apopka, Florida was responsible for declining alligator population .Investigation relived endocrine disruptor in bodies and eggs of the alligator Similar type of spill also happed in Great Lakes area but this time it was polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) spill.Bird preying on fish in this area have shown similar dysfunctions.People who consumed fish from this lake had thyroid problems. Of spring of fish-eating mother in this area weighed less at birth with smaller head and they scored less in IQ test.

=========

edit on 31-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: So much for Faith in religion

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
For those who really seek the truth on religion, one needs to look no further than a Dollar Bill's Symbolism and the Masonic Alchemical expression of the story.

On the back of a Dollar one finds a pyramid of 13 steps, yet there are 14 stations of the Cross. The 14 steps are important, and there are two ways to which the 14th has been told.

As Rennes le Chateau, the church with the chevron door entrance, shows the world via its backward stations of the cross presentation the truth. The Christians like to present the pyramid cult edition that Jesus died and was reserructed as the 14 th station. The Dollar also has the All Seeing Eye of Horus, which is about the same Egyptian Cult myth of religion. This alchemical Masonic Logo is the icon edition that tells of the ways toward evil.

With the French Church Rennes le Chateau the Stations of the Cross begins with the truth that Jesus survived the crusifiction, as Joseph carries him out of the tomb and soon back to good health. The higher order Masons (32 and 33) that knew this level of truth have the Double Headed Eagle as their higher truth symbol, and the Eagle is a departure from the Falcon and the symbolism of Egypt and Babylon's bad ways. The symbol is about that one cannot have a higher good without the lesser good, and that one makes the other. However, at the 32 nd and 33 rd level one finds if these differences merge with a common truth, then we find unity and harmony.

Lots of the US Founding Fathers were Masons and even Thomas Jefferson agreed with the highest truths of Masonry via his Jefferson Bible that removed all the fantatic claims of Pagan Egypt and Babylon.

And everyone can learn these messages just as easily as the Masons that studied and preserved these truth issues long ago.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
For those who really seek the truth on religion, one needs to look no further than a Dollar Bill's Symbolism and the Masonic Alchemical expression of the story.

On the back of a Dollar one finds a pyramid of 13 steps, yet there are 14 stations of the Cross. The 14 steps are important, and there are two ways to which the 14th has been told.

As Rennes le Chateau, the church with the chevron door entrance, shows the world via its backward stations of the cross presentation the truth. The Christians like to present the pyramid cult edition that Jesus died and was reserructed as the 14 th station. The Dollar also has the All Seeing Eye of Horus, which is about the same Egyptian Cult myth of religion. This alchemical Masonic Logo is the icon edition that tells of the ways toward evil.

With the French Church Rennes le Chateau the Stations of the Cross begins with the truth that Jesus survived the crusifiction, as Joseph carries him out of the tomb and soon back to good health. The higher order Masons (32 and 33) that knew this level of truth have the Double Headed Eagle as their higher truth symbol, and the Eagle is a departure from the Falcon and the symbolism of Egypt and Babylon's bad ways. The symbol is about that one cannot have a higher good without the lesser good, and that one makes the other. However, at the 32 nd and 33 rd level one finds if these differences merge with a common truth, then we find unity and harmony.

Lots of the US Founding Fathers were Masons and even Thomas Jefferson agreed with the highest truths of Masonry via his Jefferson Bible that removed all the fantatic claims of Pagan Egypt and Babylon.

And everyone can learn these messages just as easily as the Masons that studied and preserved these truth issues long ago. These were put in a highly prominent place to teach people, but the levels of people's learning has become so corrupted with the Churches, that this isn't told. But, these teaching symbols need to rise back up and become useful for teaching the founding father's ideas for Govt., as well as the highest truth in religion.

edit on 31-3-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Alchemical lessons

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

I stand by what I said. Listening to the love of the lukewarm go on about "christians" and "fanatics"... disgusting.

Unfortunatly i haven't got the slightest idea what you're talking about...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Solomon son of Bathsheba, former wife of Uriah the Hittite. The Israelites did indeed take on the notions of the "divine right of kings" just like the other nations.

I know I mentioned this in another thread a while back, but I think it bears repeating:
Nicolas Wyatt, in his essay, Araunah the Jebusite, found in the book,
There's Such Divinity Doth Hedge a King
suggests that Bathsheba was really the wife of the former king of Jerusalem, when David took the city, and he needed her to ave a legitimate heir to the throne according to the Hittite way of reckoning things.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join