It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those seeking God though the bible...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

There is no evidence that man has been around for millions of years, so first of all I do not follow that assertion. However there is an overwhelming amount of evidence for the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. So your archetype theory is nothing more than a fallacy. If one really wants to find out if the bible is trustworthy or not they must humble themselves by seeking truth. This can be done through much study and research, something I do not believe you have actually done, yet it seems you have already made up your mind and hardened your heart to the truth. God did Not condone rape and never has done. You have simply misinterpreted the bible or believed blindly the atheists and there heinous accusations. Atheists insist that the God of the Bible, especially of the Old Testament, was a murderous villain guilty of far worse than His human subjects which is simply just not true. It is important to understand that God has never condoned any type of sexual activity outside of a lawful marriage.
edit on 28-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I expect this thread to be trashed and flamed straight to hell

So lets get it over with...

Those who seek God though the bible.... Please read about Jesus FIRST!!

Understand the true God of the bible before you learn about the false ones through out the rest of the book.

The God Jesus spoke about is NOT the same God as the many spoken about within the pages of the bible.

He spoke of the ONE true God... A Merciful, Loving God who FORGIVES his children...

KNOW this...

God loves ALL of his creation...

EVERYTHING... has a purpose, including the bad parts of said creation...

AND...

BEWARE of religious people and what they tell you the bible actually says...

Read it for yourself.... And start with Matthew 3

That is all...

Flame away...

You know, it gives me hope that this site may be benefitial for anyone who is willing to understand. People question your reason for writing this because what you are trying to decieve those who haven't yet counted the cost, and it's no wonder, because those who give heed to every word of God would be able to spot the ditch and see also that the blind are capable of leading the blind, knowing that both would fall. Unless you are willing to forsake your friends, family and earthly treasures then you are not worthy of Jesus' notice.

Those who obey God's commands are the ones who are doing God's will, and therefore are God's children, God's servants, accepted and chosen for good works, to bear good fruit. Whether or not people can accept it, the axe is laid to the root of every tree that does not bear good fruit.

Good trees can not bear bad fruit and bad trees can not bear good fruit, and every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and THROWN into the fire. There are two kinds of people, the righteous and the sinners.

False prophets understand that they are sinners and "not perfect", but they decieve themselves into thinking that they were not meant by God to be perfect as God in heaven is perfect and so to compensate, they keep others from entering the Kingdom and abstain from righteous living, claiming "none are righteous", whilst pretending to be as pious and intelligent as possible so as to impress those looking for a sign but they will get no sign except for the sign of Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and nights in the belly of the aquatic mammal, so too will Jesus be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Yes, everything has a purpose, but every tree that does not live according to it's purpose will be regarded by God as "worthless" and cut off, spiritually withering and waiting to be burned. God does not view everyone equally, they are either sheep or goats, wheats or tares, sons or dogs, good fish or bad fish, worthy or not worthy.

God forgives His children because his children first forgave others. For unless we forgive others for the wrongs they do against us then God will not forgive us for the sins we commit against Him.

Anyone who makes themselves as humble as a small child can understand and obey Jesus, because you can't love someone you don't understand, and you can't understand someone whom you do not know. Righteousness has no fellowship with unrighteousness, righteous living goes contrary to the traditions of men taught as godly doctrine. Having had an experience with the Holy Spirit will not make one impervious to the practice of sin which leads to the slaughter, anyone can sin but thankfully there are some who "go and sin no more, lest something worse happen to you".

God's purpose has been consistent and did not arrive with the birth of Jesus, such is shown here: Matthew 21:33-41
“Hear another parable. There was a master of a house who planted a vineyard and put a fence around it and dug a winepress in it and built a tower and leased it to tenants, and went into another country. When the season for fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the tenants to get his fruit. And the tenants took his servants and beat one, killed another, and stoned another. Again he sent other servants, more than the first. And they did the same to them. Finally he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ But when the tenants saw the son, they said to themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and have his inheritance.’ And they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. When therefore the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?” They said to him, “He will put those wretches to a miserable death and let out the vineyard to other tenants who will give him the fruits in their seasons.”
Matthew 21:43 Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruits.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

People question your reason for writing this because what you are trying to decieve those who haven't yet counted the cost

Perhaps i misunderstand here...

Im not trying to "decieve" anyone my friend... Im just pointing in the right direction..

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

A good father is also a just one and does not let sin go unpunished.

That is like committing a crime then going into court and asking the Judge to let you off because you have done good deeds in your life. It doesn't quite wash because you have broken the law, and God is not a corrupt Judge, his standard is perfection.

If God was bad then we would be in a totally different reality. Imagine having an all powerful God that is bad... What a scary scenario that would be. I rejoice in the fact God is eternally good and just.

Not sure if trolling or not....

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[a] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

-Matthew 5:38-42 NIV

A good father is one who, no matter how much wrongdoing his kids have committed, will always love them and forgive them.

If you think being a good father means punishing your kids, Heaven forbid you have any.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

there is an overwhelming amount of evidence for the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Not at all. There is not a single piece of contemporary evidence for the existence of Jesus...

The story of Adam and Eve was stolen and the story of Noah's Ark was stolen from the ancient Sumerians. Your bible is nothing but a history book of older religions...

There are even contradictions in the bible and cruelty and violence from the so-called "loving" God...

You say that God must punish sin because he is just, but where is the mercy that he also claims to have? Which one does he favor his justice or mercy?

If God is love, then why is it that sometimes he doesn't love? This is a direct contradiction. You can not claim that something is the essence of love and then say that at times it isn't love, if that is the case then it is not love. The bible says that God is actually love, and not "loving" , he is the actual noun and not an adjective so this is contradiction since he is not loving all the time.

Read the bible with skeptic annotation and it point out all of the evil of the god of the bible and how he want to enslave you to worship him like it says in revelations.

I agree with you Akragon and my suggestion is

If you want to find the REAL God, then you should live your life in Peace or Love (Appreciation). Not in an ancient book with metaphors that can be misunderstood since it is from an ancient language and with laws that don't apply today or are even weird...
edit on 28-3-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Only a fool would make assumptions on the nature of God without reading the Bible. All you have is worthless opinion, here is scriptural proof that God hates:

I understand what Akragon is attempting here:

Those who seek God though the bible.... Please read about Jesus FIRST!!

Understand the true God of the bible before you learn about the false ones through out the rest of the book.

Ever since the return from Babylon of Ezra and his reformers (the actual authors, editors, and compilers of much of the Old Testament) a single theme of the tribal, racist, cult god Yahweh has been Zionist rule over the whole World, with those not of the tribe as slaves and payers of tribute to the supremacy of Jerusalem.

- - Zechariah 14
9 Yahweh will be King over all the earth. In that day Yahweh will be one, and his name one. 10 All the land will be made like the Arabah, from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem; and she will be lifted up, and will dwell in her place, from Benjamin’s gate to the place of the first gate, to the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananel to the king’s winepresses. 11 Men will dwell therein, and there will be no more curse; but Jerusalem will dwell safely. 12 This will be the plague with which Yahweh will strike all the peoples who have warred against Jerusalem: their flesh will consume away while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will consume away in their sockets, and their tongue will consume away in their mouth.
. . .
16 It will happen that everyone who is left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, Yahweh of Armies, and to keep the feast of tents. 17 It will be, that whoever of all the families of the earth doesn’t go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, Yahweh of Armies, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt doesn’t go up, and doesn’t come, neither will it rain on them. This will be the plague with which Yahweh will strike the nations that don’t go up to keep the feast of tents. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations that don’t go up to keep the feast of tents. 20 In that day there will be on the bells of the horses, “HOLY TO YAHWEH;” and the pots in Yahweh’s house will be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yes, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will be holy to Yahweh of Armies; and all those who sacrifice will come and take of them, and cook in them. In that day there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of Yahweh of Armies.

The whole thrust of the Old Testament is the supremacy of Jerusalem as the capital city of One World Government. The King, Yahweh, gains sole godship by means of destructive killing military might.

Did Jesus teach the centrality of Jerusalem as World capital, and a claimant of sole god of the World sitting on a throne in a new stone temple? Isn't that image right there the exact image of what some Christians claim is antichrist?

19 The woman said to him, “Sir, I perceive that you are a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshiped in this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where people ought to worship.”

21 Jesus said to her, "“Woman, believe me, the hour comes, when neither in this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, will you worship the Father. 22 You worship that which you don’t know. We worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews. 23 But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to be his worshippers. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”"
- - John 4, WEB - -

Unless you can show that Jesus taught 'the primacy of Jerusalem', you would be hard pressed to show that he preached positively about the god king of Jerusalem as depicted in the Old Testament.

It isn't anything to me. I reserve the right to disagree with what people wrote as being from the mouth of Jesus.

Edit to add:

I categorically reject the god king of Zion. I will not go. I will not bow down. I will not pay tribute.
edit on 28-3-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why would one need to "search" the scriptures if the whole thing was about him?

You don't, Jesus was talking to the pharisees who came to accuse him of breaking the law by healing on the sabbath and for telling a man to take up his bed and walk. It was the jews he was telling that they search the scriptures because they thought they could find eternal life in them. In other words they were more concerned with keeping their noses in their books than seeing that their God was standing in front of them.

Here is yet another instance where Jesus was alluding to who he is. Who else but he who made the sabbath can command it?
edit on 28-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

A good father is also a just one and does not let sin go unpunished.

That is like committing a crime then going into court and asking the Judge to let you off because you have done good deeds in your life. It doesn't quite wash because you have broken the law, and God is not a corrupt Judge, his standard is perfection.

If God was bad then we would be in a totally different reality. Imagine having an all powerful God that is bad... What a scary scenario that would be. I rejoice in the fact God is eternally good and just.

Not sure if trolling or not....

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[a] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

-Matthew 5:38-42 NIV

A good father is one who, no matter how much wrongdoing his kids have committed, will always love them and forgive them.

If you think being a good father means punishing your kids, Heaven forbid you have any.
Well, I gave RevGen some time to respond, but since that hasn't happened already, I'd like to share this scripture that explains why some of us believe that God, a good father, punishes His children.

Revelation 3:19 -I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference.

"Forgiveness is not the misguided act of condoning irresponsible, hurtful behavior. Nor is it a superficial turning of the other cheek that leaves us feeling victimized and martyred. Rather it is the finishing of old business that allows us to experience the present, free of contamination from the past." -Joan Borysenko

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
Revelation 3:19 -I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference.

Ah, but that is a contradiction. To truly love someone, something even, is to accept them for what they are. If God were to truly love us then he would already view as as perfect because he accepted us, enabling his love.

Unless you are speaking for God in which he is saying: "I love you, but I would love you more if you were this way."

As if love can be measured. :S

Or perhaps God means: "I love you enough to correct in you what I think is wrong."

Which would come off a little OCD to me, but I'm not judging. However, I do think it is erroneous.

It sounds like: "I love you, but I don't accept you, therefore you will be punished. Then I will accept you, even though I would have to accept you in order to love you in the first place. So, I guess, I don't actually love you but after I punish you and correct your ways, I will love you, because then you will be perfect in my eyes and I can finally accept you."

Sounds like a great father to me

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Dylan, thanks for wasting my time. I think you know what i mean. lol

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Dylan, thanks for wasting my time. I think you know what i mean. lol

I actually have no clue what you mean, but you're welcome ^-^

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Cmon dude yes you do.

All that binary.... lol. My eyes couldn't stop looking at it

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Cmon dude yes you do.

All that binary.... lol. My eyes couldn't stop looking at it

Oh, haha. I forgot about that, sorry.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

John 5:39

The entire Bible is about Jesus.

Why would one need to "search" the scriptures if the whole thing was about him?

He basically told the scribes: "You don't know crap about the scriptures."

And these people He said it to had entire books of the OT memorized.

What are the OT scriptures all about?

A: God

Here is a great exercise, Psalm 2 is a convo between the members of the Trinity, look at the verses and figure out who is speaking in each one.

In genesis 18 God appears with two angels and speaks face to face with Abraham. God the Father is a Spirit and Jesus says in the NT that "no man" had ever seen Him at any time.

So who did Abraham speak to if it wasn't God the Father?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Yet Jesus took the old testament literally too... So it must be correct, unless you are calling him a liar. Furthermore what has Atlantis got to do with the bible or this thread? Topic drift is against ATS forum etiquette.

Hmmmm, if Jesus was lying then He couldn't have been a "good man" now could He?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkragonConsidering you're read it twice and still haven't figured out what i said is Crystal Clear... You obviously have some reading comprehension issues...

How about those personal attack comments...? Tit for tat?? I comprehend the above quote just fine - you are down here in the ad hominem with the rest of us.

OK, I took a look at Matthew, chapter 3. Fine, but what difference does it make to start there? You may think you are crystal clear, but I think not.

Thinking more about it, I think you wish to skip over the begats so that you can present a spiritual Jesus of not-human-flesh. You're a Gnostic, right?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

there is an overwhelming amount of evidence for the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Not at all. There is not a single piece of contemporary evidence for the existence of Jesus...

The story of Adam and Eve was stolen and the story of Noah's Ark was stolen from the ancient Sumerians. Your bible is nothing but a history book of older religions...

There are even contradictions in the bible and cruelty and violence from the so-called "loving" God...

You say that God must punish sin because he is just, but where is the mercy that he also claims to have? Which one does he favor his justice or mercy?

If God is love, then why is it that sometimes he doesn't love? This is a direct contradiction. You can not claim that something is the essence of love and then say that at times it isn't love, if that is the case then it is not love. The bible says that God is actually love, and not "loving" , he is the actual noun and not an adjective so this is contradiction since he is not loving all the time.

Read the bible with skeptic annotation and it point out all of the evil of the god of the bible and how he want to enslave you to worship him like it says in revelations.

I agree with you Akragon and my suggestion is

If you want to find the REAL God, then you should live your life in Peace or Love (Appreciation). Not in an ancient book with metaphors that can be misunderstood since it is from an ancient language and with laws that don't apply today or are even weird...
edit on 28-3-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

There are just as many non-christian sources for the existence of Jesus than the life of julius caesar

And 4 times as many textual sources Jesus life and existence than julius caesar.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Ever since the return from Babylon of Ezra and his reformers (the actual authors, editors, and compilers of much of the Old Testament) a single theme of the tribal, racist, cult god Yahweh has been Zionist rule over the whole World, with those not of the tribe as slaves and payers of tribute to the supremacy of Jerusalem.

Wow that's absurd. Consider what Elijah (Eliyahu) means in Aramaic. He lived long before the Babylonian exile.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

In genesis 18 God appears with two angels and speaks face to face with Abraham. God the Father is a Spirit and Jesus says in the NT that "no man" had ever seen Him at any time.

So who did Abraham speak to if it wasn't God the Father?

Jesus!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

That's fine God gave you free-will and you have the freedom to choose to spend and eternity separated from him in hell if you so choose by rejecting his sons offer of salvation. I am not going to try and convince you of anything bible related since you have obviously deluded yourself into blindly believing some radical claims by atheists without reading it or studying the word for your self. I can only hope and pray that you will have a change of heart and the truth will be revealed to you in due time.

2 Thessalonians 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Psalm 14:1
The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join