It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acts 2:22 = Jesus was a MAN approved by God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Since the beginning of time there have been hundreds to thousands of prophets telling man to believe in one God. Why would God come into a man to show that he is God?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
truth always comes back to defeat a lie, it'll probably never die because is the natural order of the universe... we are born into sin because of our surroundings and improper teachers and all the "lie" that the world is running on currently.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
“Why do you call me good: No one is good but One, that is, God.” (Matthew 9:17, Mark 10-18, and Luke 18:19)

“My Father is greater than I.” (John 14:28)

“I do nothing of myself, but as the Father taught me, I speak these things.” (John 8:28)

“Most assuredly, I say to you, the son can do nothing of himself …” (John 5:19)

“But I know Him, for I am from Him, and He sent me.” (John 7:29)

“He who rejects me rejects Him who sent me.” (Luke 10:16)

“But now I go away to Him who sent me …” (John 16:5)

“Jesus answered them and said, ‘My doctrine is not mine, but His who sent me.’” (John 7:16)
He is not God

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DuecesxGeneral

(Isaiah 43:10)

"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me,"

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

isn't the word the power of speech (language) and education?

one can be enslaved by what they are taught I would think. If someone is taught sugar is salty to the taste then they will believe that while going through life thinking everytime they taste salt they are having sugar.

we have this power, it has become flesh...
"Word" is a translation of Logos, but it had taken on a significance of its own, as you can see, for example, by reading Philo of Alexandria, how in the Greek speaking Jewish diaspora, the word was used to explain certain concepts of Jewish interpretations of parts of the Old Testament. Also it was used in different ways as a key term within the Greek philosophies, and the practice had spread into even the Roman thinking by the time the Gospel of John was written.
I don't think that the intended audience of the Gospel of John were in any way isolated to where they were not exposed to every possible way to understand the word, Logos.
Logos sarx is how it reads, literally translated as word flesh. In English, we would switch the word order to sarx logos, the flesh word. John (Gospel of) says the Word is the light to mankind, or The World. The light had come into the world (Moses?), and the world perceived it not. So it came in a more substantial sort of way, in order to make sure it was not overlooked, where instead of someone telling the people what God hat told him in a private setting, we now have the Lord speaking directly to the people, as if from God Himself.
edit on 28-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

heck Logos to me meant like a type of sign language (drawing in dirt) before we learned a common grunts and growls. Was not drawing in the dirt (signing language) transformed into speech?

I think we were symbol minded before speech... evidenced by cavemen forming units.
edit on 28-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Language being the great unifier only if what is spoken is true, which promotes life.

commonality being truth in a sense...

If we have two cavemen looking at a stone on the ground, the stone is round and one man draws a circle being exactly what he sees. The other man draws a square but it is untrue.

to determine if the image is in fact a replica of the object in front of the cavemen then a majority is needed (more test subjects)

five cavemen draw a circle but the one still insist by drawing a square because he is seeing a square object... problems arise!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

But repentance comes after a person has trusted in Jesus as there Lord and Savoir, not before.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Because those same prophets also foretold the coming of the Messiah Jesus with great accuracy.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
.reply to post by SisyphusRide

Bro, the muslims Christ, is the christian Antichrist. By contrast the christian Christ is the muslims Antichrist. Trying to argue with a muslim about the Divinity of our God, is like trying describe the color red to a blind man. They do not get it, some do and those are the ones who convert because he reveals himself to them because they really want to know the truth and they open their hearts to him.

It's funny, after 2000 years of the scriptures and christianity being in existence, muslim still try to tell us what our own book says, as if we do not know
. Even though i made the case abundantly clear on page 3 who God is, 4 pages later Skorpion still ignores it. He is not out to learn the truth, he is out to get other people to believe his opinions.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What about Jesus forgiving sins? Who else besides God has the authority to forgive sins?

That does not change the fact that Jesus declared ""I can do nothing on my own."

Jesus made it clear that he judges as God tells him....and that he only carries out the will of the one who sent him....and does not on his my own will.

Jesus being given authority over men does not mean he is the same as the one who gave him the authority in the first place.

The Jews had no trouble understanding what was happening:

Luke 7:48-50 "And Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven. "And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?" Then He said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you. Go in peace."

Mark 2:5-10 "When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven you." And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, "Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

Did you see that? They didn't say anything to Him in that instance, they merely thought it to themselves.

39Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, EVEN THOU ONLY, knowest the hearts of all the children of men)

Luke 5:22: "But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he, answering, said unto them, why reason your in your hearts?'

John 2:24-25."But Jesus did not commit himself unto them (believe in them) , because he knew all men, and needed not that any should testify of man; for He knew what was in mans heart".

Mt. 9:4"And Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, Why think you evil in your hearts ."

1. He forgives sins.
2. He knows the thoughts of all men in their hearts.

More?

edit on 28-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

But repentance comes after a person has trusted in Jesus as there Lord and Savoir, not before.

Correct. He always forgave a person of their sins first, then told them to go and sin no more. Religious people like to reverse that order of events.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral
“Why do you call me good: No one is good but One, that is, God.” (Matthew 9:17, Mark 10-18, and Luke 18:19)

“My Father is greater than I.” (John 14:28)

“I do nothing of myself, but as the Father taught me, I speak these things.” (John 8:28)

“Most assuredly, I say to you, the son can do nothing of himself …” (John 5:19)

“But I know Him, for I am from Him, and He sent me.” (John 7:29)

“He who rejects me rejects Him who sent me.” (Luke 10:16)

“But now I go away to Him who sent me …” (John 16:5)

“Jesus answered them and said, ‘My doctrine is not mine, but His who sent me.’” (John 7:16)
He is not God

Congratulations, you've discovered the Son isn't the Father. You're 2/3 the way there.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Bro, the muslims Christ, is the christian Antichrist. By contrast the christian Christ is the muslims Antichrist. Trying to argue with a muslim about the Divinity of our God, is like trying describe the color red to a blind man. They do not get it, some do and those are the ones who convert because he reveals himself to them because they really want to know the truth and they open their hearts to him.

It's funny, after 2000 years of the scriptures and christianity being in existence, muslim still try to tell us what our own book says, as if we do not know
. Even though i made the case abundantly clear on page 3 who God is, 4 pages later Skorpion still ignores it. He is not out to learn the truth, he is out to get other people to believe his opinions.

Kind of. The Muslims won't argue about the divinity of God, but they will argue that Jesus was not God. They believe that Jesus and the Mahdi will show up at the same time to fight off the Antichrist, but what they don't realize is that Jesus was already here to warn of Antichrists and he doesn't need to return again to say that. Jesus' next return will be to prove what he told everyone from the beginning, that to get to God you have to believe that He sent Jesus to die on the cross to forgive them of their sins, and this, plain and simple, is what the Muslims don't believe.

Yes, Muslims believe that the Bible was corrupted when the New Testament was written. What they will never admit is that we have the Dead Sea Scrolls and multiple copies of ancient texts that make up the Bible. Whereas, the Qu'ran was originally written with only five copies and it is well know that all five of those copies were destroyed at the demand of 'Uthman.

www.answering-islam.org...

So, who was 'Uthman? And what should we know about him?

en.wikipedia.org...

(Scroll down in the above link to the sections on the "Qu'ran", "Military Expansion" and "Anti-Uthman Sentiment".)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Bro, the muslims Christ, is the christian Antichrist. By contrast the christian Christ is the muslims Antichrist. Trying to argue with a muslim about the Divinity of our God, is like trying describe the color red to a blind man.
I know how to do that... I seen it in a movie. You have to put something hot in their hand... or ice for blue

They do not get it, some do and those are the ones who convert because he reveals himself to them because they really want to know the truth and they open their hearts to him.
Jesus is in their version? I didn't realize this...

totally understandable

the Muslim dictators need to be overthrown and the people set free... we should start dumping letters from the churches across America telling them we love them and our ideas. The stuff they view on their daily TV was quite shocking to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Congratulations, you've discovered the Son isn't the Father. You're 2/3 the way there.

So, what's your take, NOTurTypical?

That although the Father and Son are separate, that God sent Jesus as man's savior and it doesn't matter if we worship Jesus over God? Or do you believe that if we worship Jesus that we are worshiping God because Jesus said that him and God were one? Does this put them on the same level, at least as far as man is concerned?

Could it be that the only one who's ever seen or will ever see God is Jesus and God's angels? Could it be that God is so perfect that we'll never see the presence of God outside of his Son? Is this why God said that there will be a new heaven and a new earth? Heaven for God and his perfect angel beings while we occupy the new earth with Jesus?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

He is not God

it had to be addressed this way... you see what they tried to do in the temple first time he said it.

but he walked right through the center of the crowd from the edge of the cliff...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Let's always start with Jesus..

A: When satan was tempting Him in the wilderness He rebuked him and said man is to worship God alone.

B: Angels always rebuke men, who when meeting them, fall down to worship them.

C: Jesus accepts worship and never rebukes men or angels from doing so.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

He is not God

it had to be addressed this way... you see what they tried to do in the temple first time he said it.

but he walked right through the center of the crowd from the edge of the cliff...

You missed something important in that account. Jesus was introducing the doctrine of election. Jesus used two examples of gentiles only getting the blessing and the healing over Jews.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sorry, I don't understand fully what you're saying.

Can you please elaborate more? Lots more.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join