It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acts 2:22 = Jesus was a MAN approved by God

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

What is with people that try to make a case stating one verse taken out of context? The entire chapter sets the meaning for those verses.

That is not what I was doing, but what I was exposing NOTurTypical of doing, who was presenting a whole philosophical doctrine by only alluding to one or two verses and not even quoting them properly. I was showing what those two verses were that are used to prop up this doctrine. I was not presenting my own doctrine, but refuting his, by putting those verses into their proper context. Something you apparently are blind to in you zeal for partisanship to belong to the cult you think are the only ones who will be "saved".

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

. . . it's not just the new testament where he is God . . .

Another one of your meaningless statements with no structure or complete thought, as if you are just picking out words like the South Park episode with the manatees in the tank writing show episode plots.
The New Testament says there is one God, and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ.
Conceivably, lord could be understood as filling in for the Old Testament title, YHWH, where Jesus could be thought of as the current holder of that title, rather than the former holder of that role, the generic Angel of the Lord who was the manifestation, so to speak, symbolizing God being there in person, though it is understood that all along, He is sitting up in Heaven, on His throne.

This is where he chooses you, if you can understand him and know the things he says and percieve them, hear them and understand. This is where the wheat and the tares are seperated, the pharisees from the believers.

If anyone reads these things and does not understand them, it's because you were not meant to. However, Jesus gave Simon Peter the keys to the kingdom, so that if any have the courage to come out from the pharisees, they shall have salvation. This is why christians spread the word, to find the sleepers and weed out the tares from the wheat.
So, reading comprehension is what determines your salvation?
I doubt this.
Rather, using your own analogy, if you bear wheat, that is what determines if you are a weed or not.
There are the sowers of the tares, so you may want to dwell on that for a moment during your contemplations, and think about what the fruit of your own sowing may be. Are you sowing for Satan, with your talk of weeding, as if your job is to judge the wicked? Are you in league with the usurper?
edit on 30-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
People with a sense of spiritually need to heed the example of the ancient Bereans.

Acts 17:11

The people of Berea were more open-minded than the people of Thessalonica. They were very willing to receive God's message, and every day they carefully examined the Scriptures to see if what Paul said was true.

The fact is the doctrine of the Trinity was formulated in the 4th century at the Council of Nicaea and the Council of Constantinople. There was a heavy pagan and political influence happening during that time, to use those decree's as a basis for belief is questionable. Even here at ATS the Council of Nicaea was rated as one the top conspiracies of all time.

If the bible seems conflicted, it is because people don't understand "unity" as described throughout the bible an example would be how a man and woman when married would become "one flesh".
Literally only one? No.
Jesus in one with his Father in thought and purpose to fulfill the vindication of his universal sovereignty and total sanctification of his slandered character. But they have always been separate entities and always will be.

Church dogma has done an amazing job confusing people, twisting scriptures to support something that isn't true and doesn't exist.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Not my job to judge the wicked, just my job to spread the message. You can take it anyway you like, this is not a debate for me.

If you can't see who Jesus is, it's not my problem, its your problem.

What gives you life, is your God, understand now? No? Pity all those degrees you may have, and you still cannot see that.

Pharisee.
edit on 1-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

What gives you life, is your God, understand now? No?
See what you do?
You make vague, ambiguous statements which in themselves are meaningless, and you think you are God because your word is judging people, to where if one was predestined to be saved, they could somehow figure out some sort of meaning from what you wrote.
My advice would be to wake up from your delusion and realize you are not God and you don't know what "God's message" is any more than anyone else does.

Pity all those degrees you may have, and you still cannot see that.
I don't have a degree in theology.

Pharisee.
What could you possibly mean by that?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Jesus, soul chosen by God to come to earth and preach the truth to his children, approved by God because he did what he vowed to do. The body, the temple where Jesus lived was the vehicle of his experiential temple. The ascension, Jesus and his earthly body, directed by his soul resurrected his earthly body and returned to his celestial home in the ritual of the ascension. All this we are also supposed to do. Simple.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Regarding the New Jerusalem:

Revelation 21:22-23

22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Jesus IS the GLORY of God.

Regarding the River of Life and the Throne of God:

Revelation 22:1

1) And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Revelation 22:3-4

3) And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

4) And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Clearly, the throne belongs to God and the Lamb (Jesus), they are one. They shall be "his" servants, they shall see "his" face, and "his name" shall be in their foreheads. They together are all "HIS", not THEIRS. The THRONE is singular, not plural.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

What could you possibly mean by that?

Mark chapter 7.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The three monotheistic religions – Judaism, Christianity, and Islam – all purport to share one fundamental concept: belief in God as the Supreme Being, the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe. Known as “tawhid” in Islam, this concept of the Oneness of God was stressed by Moses in a Biblical passage known as the “Shema”, or the Jewish creed of faith:

“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.” (Deuteronomy 6:4)

It was repeated word-for-word approximately 1500 years later by Jesus, when he said:

“...The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord.” (Mark 12:29)

Muhammad came along approximately 600 years later, bringing the same message again:

“And your God is One God: there is no God but He...” (Quran 2:163)

From what I can see of the Abrahamic religions, the message is precise and consistant.

This whole Trinitarian belief is just mind-boggling and isn't easy to comprehend.

“... God is not the author of confusion ...” (1 Corinthians 14:33)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by XxForgottenLegendxX

You can't read the first chapter of the NT without reading about all 3.

"God" "Jesus" and "The Holy Ghost".

You can't read about the baptism of Jesus Christ without all 3.

"The Father", "Jesus", the "Holy Spirit"

SCRIPTURES SUPPORTING THE TRINITY IN THE BIBLE

Who raised Jesus from the dead?
The Father (Rom 6:4, Acts 3:26, I Thes 1:10)
The Son (John 2:19-21, 10:17-18),
The Spirit (Rom 8:11) or
God (Heb 13:20,Acts13:30,17:31)

Who is God?
The Father (Eph 4:6)
The Son (Tit 2:13, John 1:1, 20:28, 9:35-37)
The Spirit (Gen 1:2, Ps 104:30) or
God (Gen 1:1, Heb 11:3)

Who saves mankind?
The Father (I Pet 1:3)
The Son (John 5:21, 4:14)
The Spirit (John 3:6, Tit 3:5) or
God (I John 3:9)

Who justifies man?
The Father (Jer 23:6, II Cor 5:19)
The Son (Rom 5:9, 10:4, II Cor 5:19,21)
The Spirit (I Cor 6:11, Gal 5:5) or
God (Rom 45:6, 9:33)

Who sanctifies man?
The Father (Jude 1),
The Son (Tit 2:14),
The Spirit (I Pet 1:2) or
God (Ex 31:13)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I see what you're trying to point out, but whatever proof you have about the trinity will ultimately contradict the first of the 10 commandments brought down to Moses, which was preached by Jesus and Muhammad. One can simply read that first commandment, and the preceding verses accounting for the trinity will basically be flushed down the toilet. That's just one way of looking at it, though.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Isaiah 9:6

6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Isaiah 9:6

6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I have a question, if you can answer it. When has this verse come into being? Compared to the 1st of the 10 commandments, I mean. Because the 1st of the 10 commandments was uttered by Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, and the majority of other prophets during their lifetime, but I'm highly certain that the quote you provided came at a later date, after the death of Jesus. Just making sure, is all.

This is why I'm still pointing to my previous post as something to fall back on, unless it can be refuted. Would not any of the verses that contradicted the 1st of the 10 commandments be considered as a false word of God?
edit on 10-4-2012 by XxForgottenLegendxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The book of Isaiah:

Date Written: Written between (circa) 740-680 B.C., toward the end of the reign of King Uzziah and throughout the reigns of King Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah.

Summary of the book of Isaiah:

Isaiah's calling as a prophet was primarily to the nation of Judah (the southern kingdom) and to Jerusalem, urging the people to repent from their sins and return to God. He also foretold the coming of the Messiah and the salvation of the Lord. Many of his prophesies predicted events that occurred in Isaiah's near future, yet at the same time they foretold the events of the distant future (such as the coming of the Messiah), and even some events still to come in the last days (such as the second coming of Christ).

christianity.about.com...

More information is included in link above.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxForgottenLegendxX
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I see what you're trying to point out, but whatever proof you have about the trinity will ultimately contradict the first of the 10 commandments brought down to Moses, which was preached by Jesus and Muhammad. One can simply read that first commandment, and the preceding verses accounting for the trinity will basically be flushed down the toilet. That's just one way of looking at it, though.

Forget Exodus dude, the Trinity is in Genesis. back it up, you have 2 of the three in the very first chapter of Genesis, and the Son appears in Genesis 18 and speaks with Abraham face to face. heck, every time the word "Elohim" is used in the Bible it's a grammatical error in Hebrew. It's a plural noun used in a singular context.

It's like saying in English:

"Today I went to the Mercedes dealer and bought one cars."

That's just one way of looking at it, though.

Trinitarians don't believe in 3 gods. That's why when we talk about God we say "He" or "Him" and not "They".

edit on 10-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

That verse didn't come after Jesus, go read it in the Septuagint (LXX), it was in black and white 300 years before Christ was born.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join