It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acts 2:22 = Jesus was a MAN approved by God

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

but in the story is there no redemption for the Jews? can't we all share the vineyard...

Yes there is redemption for the jews. 144,000 to be precise. Those who were never defiled by religiousity, and remained pure. It is they who become the firstfruits Sons of God, which probably means they were Messianic Jews who know who Yeshua is and believe. The 144k are who the 12 tribes of Jacob are rebuilt by, the tree christians (the branch) will be grafted into, and be the 13th tribe and there will be no more seperation between the two flocks, for there will only be one flock then.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I think the Jews get blessed here on earth. They are Gods original elect people and so they are still blessed to this day on earth.

Look at the Jews in the world now - many of them are filthy rich and have wonderful lives here on earth.

The thing is, they do not accept the Christ. Therefore, they cannot enter Heaven.

Therefore, most Jews goto Hell.

Hell is not a place where they are kept alive in torment by a sadistic god though.

Hell is the common grave of mankind, sheol, the void, death.

Unless they accept that Jesus is the Christ, they will not be granted with the gift of God of eternal life.

Oh no doubt. The concept of hell was taken from sheol. Sheol means "the abode of the dead", which is eternal death. Without Jesus you go there and do not comeback, there is no resurrection for you. Hell is also taken from Gehenna which was a trashdump, basically without Jesus you get thrown out into the trash of eternal death and the lake of fire seals the deal forever. The Eternal Darkness of Death.

The Atheists in the secular world are closer to what hell is than most modern christians even know. They believe once you're dead, you're just wormfood and that's it, and they are...half right. Without Jesus you stay that way in eternal death. Most christians have forgotten that the bible is a book written by prophets, even the new testament and prophetic language is not like what you and i speak, where water means water, and fire means fire. In prophetic language water is not water, nor fire is fire. Nothing is what it seems.
edit on 29-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Obviously i cannot claim what I am about to say . But i am over tired and fatigue. so wtf ever... I heard that majority of humans did go to hell before Jesus, (this not taught to me by people, but through metaphysical things) That you had to live like a pratical god before you went to heaven. Severe purfication , cleanliness and good moral behavior. now the logic of Jesus is saying that all you need to do is believe and you go. Which i disagreed with majorrity of my life until I had things happen. Sometimes God comes to people instead of the other way around. When all hope is lost, hope comes in a flaming chariot.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Deetermined

My take on it is, that Jesus is Yahweh, or Yahweh was his original pre-human form. The entire bible from OT to NT tells you who he is. The old prophets tell you who he is. You read the OT and see what God teaches, and compare that to Jesus and it's a 100% match right down to his mannerism, speech and tolerance. Not to mention that whenever He made an appearance in his original form in the OT, he always showed up as three...but from Abraham's perspective there was only One. He and the Father are one, because they are the same. The entire concept of humanity was taken from the triune God. Man was made in his Image, and so we have Body, Spirit and Soul then so too must he. We see God through Jesus because it is like looking at a mirror image.

This is a fantastic explanation for the Trinity. Thanks!

Can you provide a little more explanation on Yahweh always showing up as three in the Old Testament?

I'm posting a more detailed explanation for Spirit, Soul & Body for others in the link below. It too gives a great explanation for the origin of our Spirit, Soul & Body as well as it's destination.

faithhopelove.net...
edit on 29-3-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Take a peek at this:

Genesis 18

www.biblegateway.com...

Gen. 18:21

21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

But the other 2 men that arrived with him went there, but he said that he would go down and take a look at what was going on.

Could be as NuT, but the other parts are in Isaiah 59 and then in Isaiah 63. In Isaiah 63 Yahweh (the LORD) is the one who does the trampling and gets his raiments soaked with the blood of his enemies at Bozrah (Busirah on northern coast of the Red Sea on Jordan side), but flip forward to Revelation and Jesus is the one who shows up at Armageddon looking like he had been dipped in blood.

See this:

Isaiah 63 (conversation between Isaiah and Yahweh, in prophecy)

Isaiah:

Who is this who comes from Edom,
With dyed garments from Bozrah,
This One who is glorious in His apparel,
Traveling in the greatness of His strength?—

Yahweh:

“I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save.”

Isaiah:

2 Why is Your apparel red,
And Your garments like one who treads in the winepress?

Yahweh:

“I have trodden the winepress alone,
And from the peoples no one was with Me.
For I have trodden them in My anger,
And trampled them in My fury;
Their blood is sprinkled upon My garments,
And I have stained all My robes.
4 For the day of vengeance is in My heart,
And the year of My redeemed has come.
5 I looked, but there was no one to help,
And I wondered
That there was no one to uphold;
Therefore My own arm brought salvation for Me;
And My own fury, it sustained Me.
6 I have trodden down the peoples in My anger,
Made them drunk in My fury,
And brought down their strength to the earth

Now look at this:

Revelation 19: 11-17

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God

This is the final battle right here, Jesus getting ready to lay waste to his enemies and it is the angel declaring he is the great God. The angels themselves make this claim. Oh sure, christians can claim Jesus is God...but an angel now, that is something entirely different when a higher being from heaven says this

Jesus is Yahweh

Do not let anyone tell you Jesus is not God, even the angels declare him so.

John 10:11-16

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Jesus above speaking.
edit on 29-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

truth always comes back to defeat a lie, it'll probably never die because is the natural order of the universe... we are born into sin because of our surroundings and improper teachers and all the "lie" that the world is running on currently.

Yeep that is conditioning. I like to call it the sins of the elders that repeats in the next generation. But we are evolving but to slow from my taste.

the order of the universe is not Chaos... think about that, chaos is destruction and it wouldn't even be in the now.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Obviously i cannot claim what I am about to say . But i am over tired and fatigue. so wtf ever... I heard that majority of humans did go to hell before Jesus, (this not taught to me by people, but through metaphysical things) That you had to live like a pratical god before you went to heaven. Severe purfication , cleanliness and good moral behavior. now the logic of Jesus is saying that all you need to do is believe and you go. Which i disagreed with majorrity of my life until I had things happen. Sometimes God comes to people instead of the other way around. When all hope is lost, hope comes in a flaming chariot.

Wrong, Abraham was saved by his faith alone, as were many other people who believed in God. The entire point of the laws of Moses was Yahweh showing the Iraelites that without him and his grace they were dead in their sins. They just came out of Egypt and were ripe with all kinds of things that he didn't much care for, things they put above him. He was making a point with the Mosiac laws, and they failed to learn the lesson, so he came as Jesus and yet again they failed that lesson. He will keep giving you the same test until you finally pass it, which is why alot of believers always seem to be in trouble and they keep making the same mistakes. Sadly, many people never learn that lesson and they too die in their sins.

That lesson is, his grace alone is sufficient for us. The smallest, tiniest amount of effort he extends with his pinky is sufficient because He is THE Almighty.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Wrong, Abraham was saved by his faith alone, as were many other people who believed in God. The entire point of the laws of Moses was Yahweh showing the Iraelites that without him and his grace they were dead in their sins. They just came out of Egypt and were ripe with all kinds of things that he didn't much care for, things they put above him. He was making a point with the Mosiac laws, and they failed to learn the lesson, so he came as Jesus and yet again they failed that lesson. He will keep giving you the same test until you finally pass it, which is why alot of believers always seem to be in trouble and they keep making the same mistakes. Sadly, many people never learn that lesson and they too die in their sins.

That lesson is, his grace alone is sufficient for us. The smallest, tiniest amount of effort he extends with his pinky is sufficient because He is THE Almighty.

Ah, you learn soemthing everyday. nice compact explination

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

thanks so much for your posts my man... I totally lay waste with my peers and can be quite convincing dealing with others in public on this subject. I look totally shabby online but I am arming myself with alot of the good words coming outta this section.

in Rev 19:15 that sword is?

edit on 29-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

thanks so much for your posts my man... I totally lay waste with my peers and can be quite convincing dealing with others in public on this subject. I look totally shabby online but I am arming myself with alot of the good words coming outta this section.

in Rev 19:15 that sword is?

The Sword of Truth, that cleaves the wicked from the righteous.

(not referring to the Terry Goodkind series, but this is where he got the idea for his books).

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I'm on the right track...

it came to me on my own from reading John, would you know I never even knew either of the series until I typed it into google the other night.

I gotta have it!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

When did the apostles refer to Jesus as "Yahweh"?
Jesus always stated that the One who sent him was greater.

Everytime the Apostles talked about Jesus "the Lord", they were saying Yahweh because Yahweh translates from hebrew into english as THE LORD. Yahweh is more a title than a proper name.

Jesus said that the One who sent him is greater because as he was in his human state he was lesser than in his Divine State.

Who resurrected Jesus?

John 10: 11-18

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

17 “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”

He resurrected himself. No one took his life, he gave it of his own volition.

Old Testament Evidence that Jesus is Yahweh:

Jeremiah 23:1-4

Disaster for the shepherds who lose and scatter the sheep of my pasture, Yahweh declares. This, therefore, is what Yahweh, God of Israel, says about the shepherds who shepherd my people, 'You have scattered my flock, you have driven them away and have not taken care of them. Right, I shall take care of you for your misdeeds, Yahweh declares! But the remnant of my flock I myself shall gather from all the countries where I have driven them, and bring them back to their folds; they will be fruitful and increase in numbers. For them I shall raise up shepherds to shepherd them and pasture them.

Micah 2:12-13

I shall assemble the whole of Jacob, I shall gather the remnant of Israel, I shall gather them together like sheep in an enclosure. And like a flock within the fold, they will bleat far away from anyone, their leader will break out first, then all break out through the gate and escape, with their king leading the way and with Yahweh at their head

Ezekiel 34: 11-12 and 23

For the Lord Yahweh says this: 'Look, I myself shall take care of my flock and look after it. As a shepherd looks after his flock when he is with his scattered sheep, so shall I look after my sheep. [...] 'I shall raise up one shepherd, my servant David, and put him in charge of them to pasture them; he will pasture them and be their shepherd.'

John 10:22-30

22 Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch. 24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

Do you not understand what "I and my Father are one" means? He is saying they are the one and the same. The jews wanted to stone him twice for claiming he was God.

The Talmud says he was hanged on a tree for blasphemy. Blasphemy = claiming to be God.

Now why on earth would Jesus lie? He wouldn't, because he can't.

Why would the angels call him God if he was not? Why would they worship him, if he was just a man? Jesus accepted the worship of his apostles and other people, Herod Antipas accepted praise and worship and God killed him instantly, Yet Jesus remained unharmed. The angels refused worship from men, yet both man and angel worshipped him.

Connect the dots, it's a glorious picture.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

It may be helpful to quote the verse you are referring to in Romans 11:

Why just that verse?? Let's quote the entire 11th chapter! It's entirely about the future redemption of the Jews. Paul hammers away not just in chapter 11, but also chapters 9 and 10 that God isn't finished yet with the Jews and that they have a prophetic destiny. The church is here to provoke them to jealousy. There is no need whatsoever to provoke a people or nation to "jealousy" that He doesn't intend to redeem through Christ.

LOL, that verse,.. let's do the ENTIRE CHAPTER itself!!!

edit on 30-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Cracker jacks, that is what most people on this htread are.

Jesus is God, God is jesus. Thats the sum up. But Jesus will promote God over himself, The One is bigger then him. Jesus is God and was the poster child for all mankind. nuff said

Equality doesn't mean "same". Remember when Jesus said John the Baptist was "greater" than any other person who'd ever been born? He wasn't saying all the other people born were less human than JTB. Likewise, when Jesus says the Father is "greater" than He, it doesn't mean He (Christ) wasn't claiming deity.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Correct. Look at the OT story of the brass serpent. People only needed to look upon the brass serpent on the pole to be healed. Just look at it and they were healed and would live and not die.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This might explain the situation on terms nonbelievers can understand:

The only person in the universe who could take sin and destroy it is God, because he destroys sin in his presence, and to take sin onto himself he had to play the role of a man because in his divine state it would have been impossible for him to bear the sin of the world, he wouldn't have been able to, but him being who he is, he knew how he could accomplish it and before Jesus breathed his last breath he rose up on the cross and yelled out "IT IS FINISHED".

You see, God had to lower himself to a human state, and take on humility. The entire point of his sacrifice was not just to free man from sin but to reclaim his Godhood. As a man he suffered humiliation, when he resurrected and ascended he went back to his throne and Pentecost came and he sent his spirit to dwell in us (his believers)...the Holy Spirit.

All of this was foreshadowed and prophecied in the old testament. When the Israelites first arrived at Mt Sinai, the first Pentecost was supposed to happen, and this is where God himself wanted to be their king, but they refused to have a spirit for a king, they wanted flesh and blood to rule over them...so he gave them Saul, but Saul and the line of kings began and then the Messiah Jesus came, God in the flesh to be their king...but they rejected that too (some didn't but most did).

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jmdewey60

It may be helpful to quote the verse you are referring to in Romans 11:

Why just that verse?? Let's quote the entire 11th chapter! It's entirely about the future redemption of the Jews. Paul hammers away not just in chapter 11, but also chapters 9 and 10 that God isn't finished yet with the Jews and that they have a prophetic destiny. The church is here to provoke them to jealousy. There is no need whatsoever to provoke a people or nation to "jealousy" that He doesn't intend to redeem through Christ.

LOL, that verse,.. let's do the ENTIRE CHAPTER itself!!!

edit on 30-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

What is with people that try to make a case stating one verse taken out of context? The entire chapter sets the meaning for those verses.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Everytime the Apostles talked about Jesus "the Lord", they were saying Yahweh because Yahweh translates from hebrew into english as THE LORD. Yahweh is more a title than a proper name.
YHWH does not "translate" into Lord in English.
The Septuagint, the Greek version of the Old Testament, substituted in Lord wherever the word YHWH is normally found in the Hebrew version of the Old Testament. It is not a translation, but a way of not trying to translate the name as found in the Hebrew.
The use of the title, lord, as recorded in the NT as coming in the addressing of Jesus would have been merely a common formality of respect.
The idea of the disciples calling Jesus YHWH on a regular bases could only be a product of an imagination seeking verification of one's own wild speculative beliefs in the absence of any real substantiation.

17 “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”

He resurrected himself. No one took his life, he gave it of his own volition.
Not quite, and I don't know where you get these ideas from.
You just ignore the qualifying statement at the end of your quote, "This command I have received from My Father.” I would invite you to describe your work-around such statements as this found in the NT. Most modern translations will give the reading that Jesus is saying he has the authority to take his life up, which in no way is describing a physical process but the general concept of being dead, and then being alive again.

Do you not understand what "I and my Father are one" means?
I could refer to someone who would have an answer for that, like Warren Carter

Jesus is in intimate relationship with God, one with God. (page 200) In the sense that Jesus performs the Father's purposes and will, God and Jesus are one. (page 201) The unity between Jesus and the Father. They are one, not in the sense the sense of a shared nature but in the sense of a common will. To see or know Jesus is to see or know the Father. (page 60)
. . . Jesus uses . . . a formula of divine revelation . . . to reveal God's purposes being enacted through him, he uses the phrase "I am" . . . (page 60)
from the book, John: Storyteller, Interpreter, Evangelist

The Talmud says he was hanged on a tree for blasphemy. Blasphemy = claiming to be God.
My rabbi tells me that the Christian Jesus is not in the Talmud, and people are mistaken who think so and are just reading into it something they want to find there. I think he knows what he is talking about, since he received his doctorate in the split between Judaism and Christianity, and is now a professor.
edit on 30-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Akragon

What does Judaism have to do with anything in this discussion?

Judaism has everything to do with this topic, Jesus was a Jewish Teacher, so he knew a bit about the Jewish faith and what would happen if he went around making claims of divinity, theyd probably crucify him for it...

I recommend researching the Ani Hu statements of both God and Jesus, and what they mean in context of the Jewish faith of the time.

Modern English translates them to simply mean " I am" but to the jews of the time it meant so much more.

This is exactly the case i am building, it's not just the new testament where he is God, the old testament says the same thing and the prophets who are the mouthpiece of God are the ones that are saying this. God in the OT talks about being the Good Shepherd, spring forward to the NT in John 10 and It's Jesus saying he is the Good Shepherd.

I think the major problem is people do not pay attention when they read something, nor do they ask themselves questions like who is speaking, what are they saying, who are they saying it to etc. They don't use hermeneutics.

People need to learn to read between the lines and this lesson comes from the book of Daniel and where the saying "you can't read the writing on the wall" comes from. The surface of scripture is what is used to sift the tares from the wheat, those that can't read the deeper meaning are the tares.

Isaiah 6:1-10

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. 2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one cried to another and said:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
The whole earth is full of His glory!”

4 And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke.

5 So I said:

“Woe is me, for I am undone!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King,
The Lord of hosts.”

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth with it, and said:

“Behold, this has touched your lips;
Your iniquity is taken away,
And your sin purged.”

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:

“Whom shall I send,
And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

9 And He said, “Go, and tell this people:

‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand;
Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’

10 “Make the heart of this people dull,
And their ears heavy,
And shut their eyes;
Lest they see with their eyes,
And hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart,
And return and be healed.”

Here it is again in Mark 4 which is about the parable of The Sower:

Mark 4:11-12

11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

This is where he chooses you, if you can understand him and know the things he says and percieve them, hear them and understand. This is where the wheat and the tares are seperated, the pharisees from the believers.

If anyone reads these things and does not understand them, it's because you were not meant to. However, Jesus gave Simon Peter the keys to the kingdom, so that if any have the courage to come out from the pharisees, they shall have salvation. This is why christians spread the word, to find the sleepers and weed out the tares from the wheat.

Point blank, if you do not believe in the Son of God, then you do not believe in God, he who desnies the Son, denies the Father because they are ONE

John 2: 22-23

22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

edit on 30-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Why just that verse??

Because that was what you were obliquely referring to in your condensed paraphrase of this doctrine you were promoting about a specified time when Jews have a pass from believing in Jesus.
None of your "pounding out" argument holds up because your doctrine holds by a tenuous thread which is easily broken by the mere examination of it.
Your appeal to logic does not hold up either since logic would follow the line which I laid out, which follows the reasoning of Paul, instead of your line which goes off into a tangent and make things up which have nothing to do with the subject Paul was getting at in the first place which was why the gentiles were being called by God at that time.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The only person in the universe who could take sin and destroy it is God, because he destroys sin in his presence, and to take sin onto himself he had to play the role of a man because in his divine state it would have been impossible for him to bear the sin of the world, he wouldn't have been able to, but him being who he is, he knew how he could accomplish it . . .
What I am quoting above is something you are apparently quoting. You should state at least who originally wrote whatever you quote, otherwise it makes no sense to quote it.
Anyway, whatever you said after the quote makes no sense at all, so I will address the quote itself.
Jesus was the one who could stand in the presence of God, since anyone sinful could not.
Jesus knows the will of God because of his ability to abide with God.
God did not somehow "play" a human.
Jesus who preexisted in a god form, became a man by emptying himself of those god qualities incompatible with being a man, but retained his sinless state, and so was able to receive the fullness of God's spirit when the time came, and Jesus was able to show himself as still retaining his sinlessness.
edit on 30-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join