It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acts 2:22 = Jesus was a MAN approved by God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Jesus was a man.
What about the other pile of verses that show Jesus doing things only God can do?

what about the piles of verses that show directly Jesus being a man?
How can Jesus "do things only God can do" if he himself stated "I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me.... I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will." Do you think I am making this up?

You cant have it both ways. Jesus cant be both the sovereign God AND do the will of He who "sent" him.

I'm only going by whats stated directly. You cherry-pick verses that you perceive as Jesus "doing things only God can do".

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I wouldn't say don't trust those books... i would just be careful what you believe is correct

much of luke falls in line with the other two synoptic texts...

Though i admit i do question the fact that luke was a follower of Paul.
Do you believe that Jesus made his triumphal entry into Jerusalem, headed straight for the Temple, and later that night was arrested, and the next day crucified? If not, then Luke has to be disregarded. If so, then, there you go, another perfectly good Gospel. According to Mathew, Jesus entered the city on the donkey, drove out the money changers, and early the next morning returned to the city, cursed the fig tree, and returned to the temple apparently later that day. A very long description of Jesus teaching in the temple follows, ending with the line, "No one was able to answer him a word, and from that day on no one dared to question him any longer." implying that he taught over a series of days, with at least another day of teaching to follow the time described here. So that gives you at least three days of Jesus being in the temple on consecutive days.
The story line in Acts conflicts with Paul's own testimony of himself, and I take Paul over the anonymous writer of Acts.
edit on 28-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
2 John 1:7 "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

Take heed to these words, for the Qu'ran REJECTS Christ coming in the flesh. It claims Him to be nothing more than a prophet.

Lets put the Qu'rans logic against God's holy word.

If Jesus is "just a prophet", then that makes God a liar, for God tells us;

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

And we are told this about Jesus;

1 John 3:5 "And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin."

Hebrews 2:9-10
9)But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
10)For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Hebrews 1:1-12
1)God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2)Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3)Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4)Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5)For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a 6)Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7)And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8)But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9)Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10)And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11)They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Hebrews 9:24-28
24)For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
25)Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26)For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27)And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28)So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Romans 5:15-19
15)But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16)And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17)For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18)Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19)For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

John 11:25
25)Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

So then, if Jesus Christ really was just a "Prophet" and not God manifested in the flesh, then that would mean that not only is He a sinner, but that He couldn't then be found worthy of dying on the cross to take away our (the chosen of God) sins. Also, He wouldn't have been worshipped by God the Father in Hebrews Ch1.

Also, He wouldn't be made Heir of all things and be Creator of all things. Nor could He have life in Him to resurrect the dead in Christ. Nor could He forgive sins, nor judge all men on whether they are to reign with Him or be thrown into the lake of fire. Basically put, ALL humans are IMPERFECT,

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
If Jesus was ´God´ he would of mentioned it probably a few hundred times in your book, the fact that he never mentions it and some verses contradicts others only show that he was nothing but a Prophet of God. He was a messenger sent to bring peace, the Jews killed him because they wanted to see whether he was the messiah or not. If he died without liberating the Holy Land then he was not the messiah they had waited for.

In the Koran Allah says that the ascended Jesus ( peace be upon him ) into the heavens and will descend to defeat the False Messiah. This is when he will get married and die. For Allah says that every soul shall taste death, and Jesus's soul has not tasted death yet.

The Jews today are waiting for the ´messiah´ but will be fooled by the False Messiah that god has made to punish the Jews because of their sinful acts.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
so thus it could only take the PERFECT God to give us all a second chance unto salvation.

I could go much more farther and deeper into this subject, but this alone should be enough to show you all that any man, religion or belief that denies Christ's Deity is a liar and an Antichrist, just like God says. To GOD be the glory!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior. (KJV)

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (KJV)

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (KJV)

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (KJV)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Philippians 2:5-8 5)Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6)Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7)But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8)And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Take special heed to this one, for we are told exactly why Jesus always acknowledged the Father and prayed to Him. God put Himself into our shoes and like the above states, HUMBLED Himself. It was to show us how we as followers of God should behave and acknowledge Him. Simple as that.
edit on 28-3-2012 by scmoG because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Isaiah 48:12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

John 18:4-8 4)Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?

5)They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.

6)As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

7)Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth.

8)Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Jesus was a man.
What about the other pile of verses that show Jesus doing things only God can do?

How can Jesus "do things only God can do" if he himself stated "I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me.... I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will." Do you think I am making this up?

You cant have it both ways. Jesus cant be both the sovereign God AND do the will of He who "sent" him.

I'm only going by whats stated directly. You cherry-pick verses that you perceive as Jesus "doing things only God can do".

What do you mean? I just said Jesus was a man. lol (see red above you quoted)

What about Jesus forgiving sins? Who else besides God has the authority to forgive sins?

Christians don't deny the humanity of Christ, that's the Gnostics.

edit on 28-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

8.) Did Jesus deny any partners (Trinity) with Almighty God? Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. John 8:42 Jesus answered, If I honor myself, my honor is nothing: it is my Father that honors me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: John 8:54 …and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. John 20:17

Man is God According to Hinduism, the basic concept is that everything is God. There is, fundamentally, no distinction between God and His creation. In Hindu philosophy, every living being has a self or a soul that is called Atman. It is generally believed that the soul is actually God, called Brahman. Consequently, the essence of Hindu belief is the idea that Atman and Brahman are one and the same; in other words, the human soul is divine.

God Becomes His Creatures
In Hindu belief, the attributes of Brahman are manifest as different gods. The attribute of creation becomes the creator god, Brahma, the attribute of preservation becomes the preserver god, Vishnu, and the attribute of destruction becomes the destroyer god, Siva. The most popular one amongst them, Vishnu, becomes incarnate among human beings at different points in time. This incarnation is called in Sanskrit avatar, which means “descent.” It represents the descent of God into the human world by becoming a human being or one of the other creatures of this world.

7.) Did Jesus deny that he had the power of God to do his miracles?
"I do nothing of myself" - John 8:28
"Men of Israel listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you know." Acts 2:22

If Jesus (pbuh) is God, then God can be born, tempted, and killed. God is all knowing this means that he would say that he is God , because he would have known that this confusion would will happen
edit on 28-3-2012 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Jesus was a man.

What do you mean? I just said Jesus was a man. lol (see red above you quoted)

What about Jesus forgiving sins? Who else besides God has the authority to forgive sins?

Christians don't deny the humanity of Christ, that's the Gnostics.

edit on 28-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

For example, in Matthew 9:2, Jesus said to a certain man, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.” Because of this, some say that Jesus must be God since only God can forgive sins. However, if you are willing to read just a few verses further, you will find that the people “...praised God, who had given such authority to men.” (Matthew 9:8). This shows that the people knew, and Matthew agrees, that Jesus is not the only man to receive such authority from God.

Did Jesus openly deny divinity (said he was not God)?

"The Father is greater than I." - John 14:28

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

That does not change the fact that Jesus declared ""I can do nothing on my own."

Jesus made it clear that he judges as God tells him....and that he only carries out the will of the one who sent him....and does not on his my own will.

Jesus being given authority over men does not mean he is the same as the one who gave him the authority in the first place.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What sin did Jesus take away? i never understood that about Christianity? How he supposedly died on the christ for what Sin?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

If Jesus is not God then we are still dead in our sins.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

what does that even mean?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You are an idiot. Do not post about subjects that you have no knowledge of! Actually read, study & COMPREHEND!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral

It means we are heading for Judgement which if we die in our sins that would lead to eternal damnation (separation from God, and hell) when we die. But Jesus payed the fine for our sins on the cross as he was fully God and fully man, thus satisfying the Father God by sacrificing himself for us so that those that repent and have faith can have eternal life and spend eternity in paradise..

edit on 28-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

It means we are heading for Judgement which if we die in our sins that would lead to eternal damnation (separation from God, and hell) when we die. But Jesus payed the fine for our sins on the cross as he was fully God and fully man, thus satisfying the Father God by sacrificing himself for us so that those that repent and have faith can have eternal life and spend eternity in paradise..

Okay i believe i understand now. This would mean every human being was destined to hell , because oAdam and Eve ate the apple?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Can you also explain the discriptions of his conception and birth?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

What sin did Jesus take away? i never understood that about Christianity? How he supposedly died on the christ for what Sin?

Jesus died for the sins of every person who ever lived or who will ever walk the earth, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.” (John 3:16-18 NIV)

And a few verses later Jesus continues, saying “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life…” (John 3:36 NIV)

Many people choose not to believe in Jesus as their personal Savior from sin and an eternity in hell. But there is no other way to heaven except through faith in Him. Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6 NIV)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join