It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acts 2:22 = Jesus was a MAN approved by God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Who are the parents of Our Child
and whose life is entrusted to Our Child?
Before Our Child was born unto you
they looked out for Our Child.
But their eyes could not behold your belovedness.
Born of the power of love
such a one is unknowable
to those who have no heart for love.
And with the coming of Our Child
grace and truth returned to the world.
Our Child's life surprised and confounded and made bitter
those rejoicing in the mist.
Delivered up because of your confusions,
raised up for your justification,
Our Child is revealed as the anointed pathway to your return.
And with Our Child's ascension
the essence of Our love manifests
and becomes a Spirit to add unto yours.
This is the Spirit of love for all,
Who but a few have known,
for your love is become small and tainted with selfishness
for so have the deceivers confused you to do.
Ego, which was to sit in the council of the soul,
is glorified by the deceivers,
and does sit, instead, in all your place, weakening you mightily.
But to all among you who hear the Word,
and earnestly entreat the One Who is sent,
wanting to be of us who live free in grace,
such love for all draws unto you
and you become as light to your neighbors and the world.
Then is seen a radiant glory of Immanuel:
a portion with such light
can undo all the deceptions of the deceivers
and awaken from all the seductions of the seducers,
can now be entrusted with startling powers,
and now enabled to accept a larger freedom,
as truth and grace is restored unto you through Our Child
and loving true is restored unto you through the Spirit.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

If Jesus is not God then we are still dead in our sins.

what does that even mean?

It means we are heading for Judgement which if we die in our sins that would lead to eternal damnation (separation from God, and hell) when we die. But Jesus payed the fine for our sins on the cross as he was fully God and fully man, thus satisfying the Father God by sacrificing himself for us so that those that repent and have faith can have eternal life and spend eternity in paradise..

Okay i believe i understand now. This would mean every human being was destined to hell , because oAdam and Eve ate the apple?

Well its not quite as simple as that. When Adam and Eve eat the fruit they rebelled against God causing sin to enter the world (the reason we have suffering today), and ever since then it has passed on from generation to generation through our DNA. But in the Old testament people could be saved also.

"And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness." 4Now to the one who works, his wage is not reckoned as a favor, but as what is due. 5But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness, 6just as David also speaks of the blessing upon the man to whom God reckons righteousness apart from works: 7"Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered. 8"Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account" (Rom. 4:3-8).

As you can see, the Bible tells us that Abraham was justified by faith That is, his faith is reckoned as righteousness. They were saved by faith in the Messiah in whom they were trusting. Only, for them it was a trust in the future Messiah (Jesus). They knew He was coming as had been prophesied.

Also, the Holy Spirit was there in the OT times the same as the NT times. Consider Psalm 51:11, "Do not cast me away from Thy presence, And do not take Thy Holy Spirit from me."

God did not change how He saved people in the New Testament. It has always been by faith. In the case of the OT people, they looked ahead in time to the Messiah. We look back to Him and see the cross.
edit on 28-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

the only thing man needs to do to be forgiven of their sin is to sincerely repent., from the heart ask for forgiveness.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

There are no contradictions.

Right.

If Jesus was God, why didn't the verse say "Jesus was God"?
Instead, it makes it clear that a) Jesus was a MAN....and b) who was approved by God.

Also...look at an earlier post of mine about Jesus' temptation.

You say Jesus is God.
The bible says God cannot be tempted. (James 1:13)
and the bible also says that satan attempted to tempt Jesus.

So either, the bibles right and Satan tempted a man and not God, because God cannot be tempted.
OR
you are right and the bible is wrong about James 1:13

You cant have it both ways.

Who said Jesus was tempted? You mentioned the key word in your own post. Satan TRIED to tempt Jesus. There's nothing in scripture that says Satan even came close to accomplishing that and there's nothing stating that Satan couldn't try, it just said that Satan wouldn't be able to accomplish it.

Matthew 4:7

7) "Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."

I don't see the word "TRY" there.

Read all of the verses in Matthew 4:1-11. I don't see anything that states that Jesus gave any second thought to what Satan was asking him to do. Jesus always responded with, "IT IS WRITTEN".

www.biblegateway.com...

As for James 1:13, this is nothing more than James speaking to the twelve tribes of Israel on how to resist temptation.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

You clearly didn't read my post on page 3.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

You say Jesus is God.
The bible says God cannot be tempted. (James 1:13)
and the bible also says that satan attempted to tempt Jesus.

Key word, attempted.

He attempted and failed. However when Satan tempts human beings, we fall almost immediately but Jesus was not tempted, and after the ordeal Angels came and attended to him.

BTW, still waiting on your reply from my post on page 3, you seem to dance around the scriptures and ignore what disproves your theory in favor of 1 verse taken out of context that you try and fail to use to your advantage.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I heard in a friends church that Jesus was God come to earth to communicate on our level so we may better understand his language.

They had a play with a bunch of people and the way the narrators were telling the story made perfect sense... I don't remember going into much after (not in church too often)

was I watching them explain trinity?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

While there are plenty of verses that show Jesus to be a man and not divine....I am starting this thread to discuss Acts 2:22, which clearly establishes that Jesus was a "man approved by God".

What verses show that Jesus was not divine?

Wasn't he conceived by the Holy Spirit? Wouldn't that make Him divine as well as a man?

Maybe some more study as to why a perfect human was the only way to save other humans will help.

Why God Became Man

bible.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
John 1:1

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14

14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I just figure we are supposed to be and act in the holy spirit? they never got to that part in the play and they never announced this was a trinity scene... it was a nativity play during Christmas time.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Focus,..

this is about Jesus and the Bible. Red herrings are also a fallacy.

yeah well the dogmas and beliefs that make up Christianity are pure bull #

Look for one helper where god send 1000:s and is teaching/evolving more each day. You gotta love the Christians (many at least) stuburness to not look any direction than the book tell them. The angel guides gotta be so tired sometimes.

- It's that way.
- Please listen that way.
- No not that way, the opposite direction.
- And now he's all the way over there again and it took us 20 years to get him that close.
- If he just followed our direction he could have awoken and already have felt heaven.
- Im taking a rest you keep watch.
edit on 28-3-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

I just figure we are supposed to be and act in the holy spirit? they never got to that part in the play and they never announced this was a trinity scene... it was a nativity play during Christmas time.

WHY GOD BECAME MAN

bible.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

John 1:1

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14

14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
The word, Logos, was something thrown around a lot in philosophical circles and had accumulated a weighty amount of mythology surrounding that term, so the writer of John sets the record straight, right from the start, by making the definitive statement that the Logos is God.
It is a very over-simplistic translation to say that the Logos became flesh. Turning this into everyday, easily understood language requires a more nuanced approach, and some lengthy explanation. The term in the Greek usually translated as became, is used over 200 times (in the NT) to describe a situation coming about and never to describe one thing turning into another thing. The same term is used to describe the appearance of John the Baptist on the scene, baptizing in the Jordan River to prepare the way for who would come. The coming One, according to the prophet Malachi, and echoed in the introductions to the Gospels, is none other than The Lord, Adonai, who is in other words, YHWH.
The special message of God, to humanity (the most common usage in the NT of the term, flesh, as a translation of the Greek word, sarx) suddenly came onto the earthly scene, by dwelling among us. How this happens is also described in the Gospels as the phenomenon which occurred upon Jesus' baptism, which is the infilling of the spirit of God.
This is not to say that Jesus was not God, for in the beginning he was in the form of God, but emptied himself of those God qualities that did not pertain to being human. Whatever he needed beyond just being a good person were given to him and then he was fully ready to take on the role of the King, and thus figuratively the Son of God, and also, to fulfill the OT promises of the coming of the Lord: he was also quite literally the great I Am, as the sole representative of the God above, who came from above, meaning the very throne of the God of the Universe Himself.

edit on 28-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

one of the greatest mysteries still left on earth to me... other things seem miniscule compared.

this is something worth figuring out

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

isn't the word the power of speech (language) and education?

one can be enslaved by what they are taught I would think. If someone is taught sugar is salty to the taste then they will believe that while going through life thinking everytime they taste salt they are having sugar.

we have this power, it has become flesh...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaMuslim

If Jesus was ´God´ he would of mentioned it probably a few hundred times in your book, the fact that he never mentions it and some verses contradicts others only show that he was nothing but a Prophet of God. He was a messenger sent to bring peace, the Jews killed him because they wanted to see whether he was the messiah or not. If he died without liberating the Holy Land then he was not the messiah they had waited for.

The Bible says that no one is supposed to tempt God to prove anything. The Jews didn't take that advice and they didn't believe that Jesus was the Messiah even though he reminded them of all the signs and scripture given to them stating how a Messiah would come. Why would Jesus liberate the Holy Land when they never listened to anything He told them? The entire Bible is one long story after another about how the Jews never listened to what they were told and never did what they were asked. It goes on to say that Jesus will finally appear before them as proof, but by then it will be to judge them, and only those who believed in Him before His SECOND coming will be liberated and experience peace in the New Jerusalem.

In the Koran Allah says that the ascended Jesus ( peace be upon him ) into the heavens and will descend to defeat the False Messiah. This is when he will get married and die. For Allah says that every soul shall taste death, and Jesus's soul has not tasted death yet.

Jesus isn't coming back to earth because Allah said that every soul shall taste death. What sense does that make? What need is there for a False Messiah if it wasn't to finally prove that Jesus IS the Messiah that everyone chose to ignore? That is the only sensible reason for Jesus to return. To prove that he IS the Messiah and was the one declared by God to judge all the people on the earth. We don't need Jesus to come to earth one more time to declare that God is who He says he is. Jesus already did that. Why keep repeating himself to people who won't listen? No, he's coming as PROOF. He is the PROOF. This is why Jesus is coming again.

The Jews today are waiting for the ´messiah´ but will be fooled by the False Messiah that god has made to punish the Jews because of their sinful acts.

They'll be fooled by the False Messiah because they chose to ignore the real one when they saw Him. That's why they will see Him/Jesus again. Their sinful act was denying Jesus. Jesus told them that if they denied Him, that they were denying God.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
in the Beginning we learned to "communicate" (a common language / unifier) ???

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Communication only works if you listen to what you've been told.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

In the Koran Allah says that the ascended Jesus ( peace be upon him ) into the heavens and will descend to defeat the False Messiah.
this sounds to me like a false Messiah is one who puts evil for good or lie for truth.

This is when he will get married and die.
people will learn of him then deny.

For Allah says that every soul shall taste death
life on earth can seem alot like hell.

and Jesus's soul has not tasted death yet.
as it has not, it is alive and well magnitudes time stronger because everybody seems to know of him now. (the crucifixion tried to erase the idea but failed miserably having the opposite effect)

edit on 28-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Communication only works if you listen to what you've been told.

communication actually only works if something is "true" it is the basis of unity...

otherwise it would be war, hate, opposition or disagreement (not very productive at serving the purpose of life)

I am just speculating here, of course I don't know much but it is interesting trying to figure out what these people were saying... even though it is rather direct.
edit on 28-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join