It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acts 2:22 = Jesus was a MAN approved by God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Iason321

When did Jesus say "I am not God"?

How about when Jesus told Satan that only God is to be worshipped and served?

If Jesus was God, he should have said "only I, Jesus is to be worshipped and served"....

wait, if Jesus was God, you would know that Satan would not even have even dared to demand God to worship him....because " God cannot be tempted with evil, " (James 1:13)

It is the examplinary "poster boy effect" honestly what would we be taught (mankind) if he just said all the answers. Yes I am God, make my day lol. Buddah was the same thing. Because when it comes down to it Jesus always went to the father and never to himself. Showing that One God is above all

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Believe whatever you like... But as i've stated, you call him a liar if you say he is God...

He also denied being God as well, but you christians conveniently forget about that...

Whatever though

How do "us christians" forget it when it didn't happen?

I would never call God a liar.

Good...

Then you should consider this... because it DID HAPPEN...

Do you know what a question mark is for? It represents someone "questioning" someone else... or asking a quesiton.... Can you find the question mark in this passage? Theres two of them.... one is refering to a passage from Psalms... and the other one is Jesus Questioning a group of Jews that tell him "they want to stone him for claiming he was God"...

He questions them because HE NEVER SAID HE WAS GOD... NOT ONE TIME...

He said he was the SON of God... NOT God in the flesh...

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Believe whatever you like... But as i've stated, you call him a liar if you say he is God...

He also denied being God as well, but you christians conveniently forget about that...

Whatever though

How do "us christians" forget it when it didn't happen?

I would never call God a liar.

Good...

Then you should consider this... because it DID HAPPEN...

Do you know what a question mark is for? It represents someone "questioning" someone else... or asking a quesiton.... Can you find the question mark in this passage? Theres two of them.... one is refering to a passage from Psalms... and the other one is Jesus Questioning a group of Jews that tell him "they want to stone him for claiming he was God"...

He questions them because HE NEVER SAID HE WAS GOD... NOT ONE TIME...

He said he was the SON of God... NOT God in the flesh...

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Look, i can go through each passage and rake through it, but honestly I am not teaching you a thing... So what is the problem?

link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Whatever though

So your whole argument is because Jesus never said the precise words “I am God" that means he is not God despite the fact to all the evidence to the contrary? Including John 10:30; “I and the Father are one.” And John 8:58 where Jesus says: “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!” If that's not a claim of divinity, then what is? He never denied being God, please point out the scripture or stop lying. You are calling Jesus a liar by ignoring John 10:30 and John 8:58 where he clearly establishes his divinity.
edit on 27-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

NO..

My arguement is that Christians have a habbit of assuming he said something he did not....

And i do not lie...

Nor do i deny his divinity... but i do reject christian ignorance on the subject.

link   

There are no contradictions.

Right.

If Jesus was God, why didn't the verse say "Jesus was God"?
Instead, it makes it clear that a) Jesus was a MAN....and b) who was approved by God.

Also...look at an earlier post of mine about Jesus' temptation.

You say Jesus is God.
The bible says God cannot be tempted. (James 1:13)
and the bible also says that satan attempted to tempt Jesus.

So either, the bibles right and Satan tempted a man and not God, because God cannot be tempted.
OR
you are right and the bible is wrong about James 1:13

You cant have it both ways.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

no problem here...

the issue is obvious to the reader if his/her head isn't muddled by what they've been taught...

And i highly doubt you could teach me anything related to this subject...

thanks though

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

no problem here...

the issue is obvious to the reader if his/her head isn't muddled by what they've been taught...

thanks though

If that is true then why do you argue with people? see first post on trinity
edit on 27-3-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Jesus constantly used the "I AM " statement of god that God told Moses, When Moses asked God who shall I tell the pharaoh that sent me, Gods Reply of I AM, or "Ani hu"

Often times many sects of Christianity deny the divinity of Christ and lessen him to that of a man, The Jehovah Witnesses being a good example of this, the I AM statements of Jesus tend to fly in the face of that.

Unfortunate people do not tend to relies what Jesus is saying every time he utters the " Ani hu", in fact you can see the response of the Jewish teachers when he does this in John 10:30 where they respond by almost stoning him... He was comparing himself to God, or making himself equal, Blasphemous at the time.

link   
reply to post by Akragon

Jesus is ether a Lunatic, Liar, or Lord, or Mad, Bad, or God, there is no room for anything else.

Lets look at this quote from C. S. Lewis:

"I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God. That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronising nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to. ... Now it seems to me obvious that He was neither a lunatic nor a fiend: and consequently, however strange or terrifying or unlikely it may seem, I have to accept the view that He was and is God."[5]

link   
If we are all children of The Father, are we not all part of Him?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

Perhaps He has a multi conscious argument like this thread

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

no problem here...

thanks though

If that is true then why do you argue with people? see first post on trinity

SImply because i would like people to see the truth through the clouds...

The trinity is a false doctrine according to Jesus... So is the whole "Jesus is God" arguement...

Not that it matters either way... people are free to believe what they will... but when they realize the One True God... it changes their lives.

I AM living proof of that fact

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So where in scripture did Jesus deny that he had a divine nature? We are still waiting for it.

Please show us "your truth through the clouds"...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

SImply because i would like people to see the truth through the clouds...

The trinity is a false doctrine according to Jesus... So is the whole "Jesus is God" arguement...

Not that it matters either way... people are free to believe what they will... but when they realize the One True God... it changes their lives.

I AM living proof of that fact

Judaism? I dont know, I get it honestly, i see the connections leading to the trinity and God as Jesus with the NT and all. SOme people don't

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

What does Judaism have to do with anything in this discussion?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

Not quite... We were all made in God's image, but only those who are born again are children of God.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Akragon

So where in scripture did Jesus deny that he had a divine nature? We are still waiting for it.

Please show us "your truth through the clouds"...

YOU make my head hurt....

I didn't say that... and yet again you show that you don't read what people write...

Im not going to even deal with you if you're going to pull that crap again... as usual!! :bnghd:

edit on 27-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Basically the whole conception behind Judaism is that Jews did not believe God would enter a human body because it was such a corrupt shell full of sins and disgust. So basically the notion of the aabhramic religion at the time (judaism) argued against that God could NOT be mortal before JC entered Yeshua etc . SO it was more of a challenge from the hebrew/ancient judaiac sect

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Akragon, I'm still waiting for you to provide scripture that backs your claims and for the part where Jesus says "I am not God".

In the meantime, while I wait, I'm gonna read some more and give you time to find what you need to.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, may God bless you in your search for truth.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You made a claim:

Whatever though

But we are still waiting for you to show us where Jesus denied being God. You have failed to do so. If your going to make foolish statements, at-least be able to back up your claims.

Only the Holy Spirit can reveal this truth, as you do not have it, you will not be able to understand the trinity or nature of God.

To someone who does not know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The fact that they can be forgiven and have eternal life and know Jesus as Lord and Savior, or that God is a "trinity" or "triune" in nature, when they don't even know Jesus to start with.

This is what it was for the Apostles to teach, so that people could become "born again" and "new creations in Christ".

Just as your own education was progressive and did not happen in one day or even one year. Christianity is progressive, you first become saved which is most important, then once you have received Christ and have His Spirit, you will overtime grow as a Christian and biblical truths like the trinity become evident.

Teaching the trinity to someone who does not even have Christ is like trying to teach someone to multiply before they can add.
edit on 27-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join