It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

The media didn't kill anyone.

A racist did.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

No way the kid in any of those pics (past or currrent ones) is 200 lbs bub sorry

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah, I was one of those people who jumped the gun and rushed to vilify this guy. I don't really know what happened, nobody does but him and the witnesses. The extent to which things have been skewed and distorted leads me to believe that we will never know the whole truth.

The one thing I do know is that its a #ty situation no matter how you look at it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I did answer you in the other thread...

The grand jury is early April, that's when they decide if they move forward.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Did Zimmerman have the authority to follow him and question him about his presence in the neighborhood?

Its not illegal for someone to ask a stranger a question. TM could have said "mind your own business" and walked away.
edit on 27-3-2012 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Its not illegal to walk through a neighborhood where you are a guest of one of the residence who resides their.
edit on 27-3-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by diakrite

Yeah... except the facts of the police report are coming out... that Zimmer was heeding the 911 call advice... but the 'innocent' Martin guy accosted and attacked Zimmer before he could even cease-&-desist from following the guy.

my spider sense tells me that Trayvon Martin was the 'innocent' looking guy that could easily case-out any neighborhood for the actual break-in crew ...with the actual target home to invade... that was his 'job' and status in the 'Gang'... i have no proof or knowledge of this theory...it's just a gut feeling from experience in my life

the new black panthers reportedly increased the 'bounty' from $10k to a cool Million $...just how is this not 'terrorism' or the very least vigilantism... a dead or alive clause is not published... but holding someone captive/hostage is still denying them of their civil rights...

Sharpton/Jackson/Farakahn/ Øbama and the whole 50% of the country are suffering from the lack of "Deny Ignorance"

early on, in the hours of the incident I said 'Facts' not subjective pics...are the items to be discussed...lots of gut reactions about junk issues ruled the threads so much that i was disgusted with the ats venue

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Non of know what happened.

We only know what the media has chosen to print.

I would welcome a grand jury investigation, that lays out all the facts and then decides whether or not there should be charges.

We all know that just because it's in the media, that doesn't mean that it's true.

Let's all show a little patience.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Chasing him down was wrong and dangerous. Carrying a gun comes with responsibilitiy, you can't recall a bullet.
Trayvon was innocent of wrongdoing, Zimmerman acted as judge, jury and executioner.

Regardless if Trayvon acted in self defense and was kicking his but, he should have not shot him!

I say this as a father of two boys.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

If anyone would bother reading the stand your ground law...
They would that the police did not have evidence to arrest Zimmerman.

The law is a pesky thing....just like free speech,
It still stands even if you don't like it.

Star for you by the way. Except for the gun part...he had a legal right to carry one at all times...he was lucky to have it that night.
edit on 27-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Why is it okay for you to jump to the conclusion Zimmerman is innocent, but we can't jump to a different one.

Since when is it self defense to follow someone, start chasing after them, and then shoot them after the person you are chasing becomes physical? Since when is the aggressor the person being chased and unarmed?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Doesn't matter...fact is that Zimmerman murdered a 17 year old KID period. If he gets out of jail it wont be but a couple weeks or months that they find him dead.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
reply to post by RSF77

The media didn't kill anyone.

A racist did.

What evidence suggests that Zimmerman was racist? Other then left wing bias....also, what a coincidence, Obama camp starts to peddle "hoodies"

www.wtam.com... rf6KGVLmVFv7gOZ_817Dw1AA

Don't care what some of you think, if you dress like a thug, expect to get treated like one. I have said before, if I lived in a gated community and some gangsta look a like was walking around, I would ask myself what is going on here and investigate.

It is becoming known that Zimmerman confronted Martin, was leaving and then was attacked. Martin knocked Zimmerman down with 1 hit and was beating on him till Zimmerman left there was no option left other then use deadly force. If Martin had left things alone, he would still be alive today.

edit on 27-3-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Apparently this Treyvon kid was a martyr, a saint, the messiah , a sweet little boy that plays little league baseball helps old ladies cross the street ect ect. The MSM is trying to create unjustified racial tensions but why?

The picture painted by the media

OP hit the nail on the head

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He's probably a victim twice over .. once by Trayvon Martin

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions

I lol'd, OP should take his thread's title's advice.
edit on 27-3-2012 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by diakrite

And if a Sanford police officer would have been the one to shoot & kill Trayvon. We would still be right where we are with this whole damn mess. A racial motivated frenzy, MSM driven. Black community leader driven.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Facts is WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED> WE WERE NOT THERE. I would say your advocateing violence with your post.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am going to put this on my thread but it belongs here too...

If these people end up hurt or dead....Spike Lee is responsible....He jumped to a huge conclusion before knowing anything.

To summarize Spike Lee tweeted an address saying it was GZ's and to go get him.....turns out it was 70 year old couples address.

Higgins, pictured at right, first began disseminating the Sanford address to his Twitter followers last Wednesday, including the claim that Zimmerman “Like the fat punk he is, he still lives at home with mommie & daddy.” In a simultaneous post to his Facebook wall, Higgins told his 4000 friends, “FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT & TOUCH HIM.” He also claimed in another post that, “REAL TALK MY PEOPLE OUT THERE IN FLORIDA JUST TOLD ME GEORGE ZIMMERMAN IS NOT AT HIS HOUSE THEY OUT THERE RIGHT NOW.” Higgins’s dissemination of Zimmerman’s purported Edgewater Circle address was not, however, limited to cyberspace. At a protest rally last Thursday in an L.A. park near his Crenshaw home, Higgins held a sign containing Zimmerman’s name, address, and phone number. Except, of course, none were accurate. The man who shot Martin is George Michael Zimmerman. Higgins has repeatedly identified him as “George W. Zimmerman.” The residence on Edgewater Circle is actually the home of David McClain, 72, and his wife Elaine, 70. The McClains, both of whom work for the Seminole County school system, have lived in the 1310-square-foot lakefront home for about a decade, records show. In an interview tonight, Elaine McClain told TSG that she and her husband were “afraid” due to the online linking of her address to Zimmerman. “We're keeping everything locked,” she said. McClain added that the couple was particularly unnerved by a letter mailed to them at their home. On the envelope, she said, were printed the words “Taste The Rainbow,” the slogan for Skittles. Martin was carrying a pack of Skittles and a can of ice tea when he was gunned down by Zimmerman. McClain said her husband returned the envelope unopened to the post office. The McClains only became aware that their address was being widely circulated online two days ago, when a TV reporter arrived at their home asking for “George.” Bewildered by their sudden--and erroneous--connection to Martin’s killer, the elderly couple’s distress can only be heightened by posts made by Twitter and Facebook users who threaten to visit their residence in search of Zimmerman. Or other posts that goad followers to vigilante action. Higgins has not responded to numerous TSG messages, so it is unknown where he came up with the information tying Zimmerman to the McClains's home. A check of Zimmerman’s residential history shows no connection to the Edgewater Circle property, which is about four miles from his actual home in Sanford. So how did Higgins screw things up? Besides overlooking the different middle initial, perhaps that answer is connected to an old voter record for a “William George Zimmerman” at the Edgewater Circle property. That registration, which dates back to 1995, is for a 41-year-old man. The Zimmerman who shot Martin is 28.

edit on 27-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Great call. We should wait and see what is what. Sounds like it would be smart for some of our president/candidates/leaders to do the same also. Jumping the gun for me means little in this world, but I dont have a megaphone.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join