It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
It doesnt make any sense to me.

Because it's a high profile case (since Obama made it national news), that serves to fill an agenda; mainly get the backing of the black community. Remember, it's an election year. Sick, yes, but that is reality. Presidents don't make comments like this without the backing of various handlers who have already played all angles to determine the best way to profit from it.

Case in point: Obama camp profits from hoodies
edit on 27-3-2012 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

Very true.....watching them unfold new info on CNN as we speak.

Obama did help to turn this into a 'race-case', and honestly, I think this was done to appeal to emotions; prime opportunity to ensure the black vote

Quite Strategic

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Watching Bryant speak on CNN now..

Yes!! He is absolutely correct in saying that the true epidemic of black men killing other black men, and I think his remarkable statement makes the race-baiters look bad.

That's why they keep attacking him.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

I tried a thread on that. It doesn't do any good, it seems. After a bunch of complaining over my pleas for mercy, and a bunch of gun-rights rabbit trails, my thread on doing the right thing and showing mercy was closed, and referred to this one.

This is ATS's only thread on mercy. For any of the people involved. See how far you get with that. I posted my goodbye above.

People just don't want to hear about positive input into this. Some can't help but fear. Some can't wait to stick it to someone else. I am disgusted.

Open-minded? I am afraid you will find the brick wall in a site that was once much more open than it is now. I applaud your comments about reaching out.

Without empathy or mercy, I don't see it happening, except on an individual level, randomly, here and there.

Not good enough.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

When do you think it may be Necessary? a 6'2" Guy in a Hoodie who you suspected was up to no good jumps from the bushes and knocks you to the ground and starts smashing your head on the concrete, and is now trying to get your weapon, I think if this was happening to me, in the heat of the moment if I got a chance I would squeeze one off too, sounds like a him or me situation, with only one winner or in Zimmerman's case, one loser.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
here's a jump for ya: since Obama was elected most conspiricy boards, like this one, have been overtaken by right-wing crazies. Most of which are blatant racists. I would ask if the folks supporting Zimmerman would feel the same if the person shot dead was their son or daughter, but it would do no good. I rwmember the good ol days when ats was a left-leaning board mostly concerned with ufos. oh well.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

This was in 1993 and I got the hell out when I graduated, I love Redondo some very good times some bad ones.I still visit, last time i was side by side with a neo nazi, looks like they may have grown since the tattoos they had. I actually befriended a skinhead(nazi)while in high school there and I think I helped him open his mind a bit. I agree people jumped the gun on this situation but the fact that he targeted , followed and went against instructions to stay in his car voids right or wrong in my opinion...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I grew up in a high crime neighborhood that was mixed races. We only cared if the new neighbors were nice, not what skin color they had. But no matter the color a person was, if they started beating on us, we did whatever it took. A rock, a brick or a piece of wood. Can't let them beat you to a pulp or YOU die. In fact the way some people said it when I had to deal with thugs was 'let's get the rules staight, there aint any rules". I got out of there when I went to college and studied something real. I never went back, amd thank God, my family moved out of that neighborhood. A lot of people have to put up with this today. Perhaps Trayvon was not guilty but he sure fits the behaviour of one who was on the attack. Why people of any color or creed won't latch onto that instead of Zimmerman being racist or looking to bag a goon after the details started coming out is beyond reason? Too many haters wanting an excuse perhaps?
edit on 27-3-2012 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The more I hear about the New Black Panthers and their tactics, the more I feel like Helter Skelter may indeed be coming. It may even come in a different form, but something is definitely going on. The media and the government want violence. Even if you don't believe so, we are still pretty free in this country. You can bet what freedoms we have are being put on the chopping block. Stories like these not only promote a call for gun control, they also call for an act of violence against two or more races. As for the argument some have made on here. The media should never be forced into any censorship. Our media is dishonest and we are fixing it. More and more people are turning to alternative news. It isn't just the people on this site, there are many more. News comes in all shapes and forms. Just wanted to post my thoughts on this entire subject. I am disgusted by how much attention the media is giving this.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

So your saying ZImmerman was helpless? A 140 lb guy was gonna beat him to death. Sounds like Zimmerman needed to toughen up.

I seen tons of fight at bars here in the UK and i know it happens but iver never seen someone killed at one...

And ive been in a few myself and i NEVER needed a gun.

Zimmerman was a punk

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

dropped what ball genius...? your a real bright one, lets all answer while lacking any info or support for the statement...you wouldn't last 1 hour in the mountains of Afghanistan...

Sniper

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by diakrite

He also had gold capped hood teeth...: )

Sniper

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0317

One, who cares if a person has gold capped teeth?
Two, that picture was not Trayvon Martin, it was one of several pictures put out by members of Stormfront and all they had to do was attach his name to them, they did it to smear a dead person and you bought it...how ya feelin?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Agree...criminals find ways to get weapons, I see it everyday here, people walking around with AK-47 yet I believe Criminals have easier and access to better weapons than even we in the Military have which are illegal in the States.

Laws against the second amendment do nothing but keep weapons out of the hands of good law abiding citizens for protection. The only ones that are for no weapons are the ones that want the criminals to win or take from those that have for those that do not...Obama doctrine... : )

Screw that... .308 175grn 1k yards out...I am good to go...

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Excellent post and point. This Lynch Mob mentality is insane. Even now nobody really knows all the facts and those who claim to are (forgive me) bald faced liars injecting their own bigotry and hate into this.

This could still get very bad. The New Black Panthers are shooting for a one million dollar bounty on this persons head and strangely the leaders are not yet in jail. The fact the US Justice Dept. under Holder has yet to make an arrest of the NBP's leaders is pretty scary. Publicly calling for a hit on a citizen in any case is clearly illegal and likely a classic RICO case. The moment the bounty was offered, the NBP became and organized crime association and they did it in public on video, so proving the case is a given.

I would think the class idiot out of law school could make a solid case based on just what is available on video right now. Why is it nobody is doing anything about an out of control Gang conducting criminal acts in public? Nobody is even reporting the fact that this so called "bounty" is in fact felonious activity? Fear is the only thing I can come up with. The Justice System is so afraid of this criminal organization they can do anything they want.

Before this is over I'm betting there will be riots, looting and maybe deaths orchestrated by the this group. The New Black Panthers are a bigger story than what this thread is about.

link   
Fla was one of the first to pass"Shall Issue"carry permits and one of the first to pass Castle Doctrine or the so called "Stand Your Ground" laws so it's no no surprise they got picked for "Hope and Change"attention ,,all that was needed was the right use of force situation with the right race mixture to whip up sentiment and get federal intervention and now we have it......that's why it took a month to get it on the national scene...had to find it first
edit on 27-3-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Pa?Is that you?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
And....lemme guess... all withnesses are white...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
sorry. double diatribe
edit on 27-3-2012 by bunnydisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
here's a jump for ya: since Obama was elected most conspiricy boards, like this one, have been overtaken by right-wing crazies. Most of which are blatant racists. I would ask if the folks supporting Zimmerman would feel the same if the person shot dead was their son eor daughter, but it would do no good. I rwmember the good ol days when ats was a left-leaning board mostly concerned with ufos. oh well.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join