It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The latest 'facts' out make Zimmerman look innocent (or stupid ... take your pick).

and now who's jumping to conclusions?

why was zimmerman given a get out of jail free card?

The thing is, far too many of you so called progressive thinking people have been fooled into thinking that A-merry-ca is this forward thinking place full of enlightened people. You watch too many commercials with hip interracial friends getting along while sipping beer and playing with puppies. That is not A-merry-ca. That is what Madison Avenue wants A-merry-ca to be.

The real A-merry-ca is a place filled with the kind of folks you see commenting on this web site on a daily basis. The real A-merry-ca is full of envy,hate, and "color aroused" angst brought on by ignorance and prejudice. It's why you are seeing the blow- back from right wingers and some folks in the majority population with the Trayvon Martin case. Now you will hear what a bad kid he was. You will hear that he might have been kicking his killer's ass before he was slaughtered in that housing development like roadkill on a Florida highway. You will hear that Mr. Zimmerman actually had a black friend, and that he mentored black boys. And you will hear that if George Zimmerman didn't kill Trayvon Martin, the seventeen year old was going to beat him to a bloody pulp with those "street hardened" fists of his.

You will hear it, but don't believe a word of it. And even if you do, it should not affect how you feel about this case one little bit. The truth of the matter is that an unarmed seventeen year old was lawfully walking down the street to go and watch a basketball game at the home of a friend. He was spotted, profiled, hunted down, and eventually killed.

Trayvon Martin is dead, and George Zimmerman is free. Therein lies the problem. Justice has not been served. George Zimmerman has not even been arrested for a lessor crime than murder. Most A-merry-cans see the injustice in this. Most.

Sadly, in the dark hearts of many A-merry-cans, this is exactly how it should be. Because the person who died is a "young black thug". The hoodie wearing suspect fit a profile and fit our perceptions of what people who end up dead when there is a violent confrontation should look like. This fits the narrative. All the protesting and calls for justice does not.
field-negro.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

see my latest reply to the op
and consider yourself answered

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Fvck whichever coward mod deleted my post..the truth hurts, i know..I'm sure you feel that Zimmerman is the victim too lol
edit on 27-3-2012 by aaron2388 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The media sure know thier target audience well enough - sky news coverage in the UK gave the general impression that a child had been gunned down on his way home by a crazed vigilante type who then wanst even charged , they continously showed the same pic of Trayvon looking about 12 yrs old - just to reinforce the agenda they wanted to push .

Unfortunately the masses are not informed enough to see that this whole case has been politicised into just another piece of the puzzle in Obama's and Holders coming gun grab - and if it sets afro americans against hispanics in a coming summer of race riots - well thats just gravy for TPTB.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If Martin was such a thug and gangsta why wasnt he packing? Ha some gangsta.

I havent seen that questioned asked yet.

Well???..

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You're right. People do certainly jump to conclusions. I think Zimmerman is probably a racist, but a racist committing a murder is not necessarily a hate crime. All this hate crime talk and push to get him convicted of a hate crime has deflected from the fact that he pursued and killed an innocent kid. Race MAY be a motivation. I think if the kid was white, he'd probably be alive today. But this isn't a hate crime, IMO.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Now more details are emerging ... details that could easily clear the shooter of any of the 'murder because of racism' charges that are being tossed around.

But it won't clear him of the murder charge.
I suspect he'll be arrested later this week. Until them, Jaia wears a hoodie.

And this IS a racial issue. The pattern of black men's killers walking free must be investigated.
edit on 3/27/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The basic fact is that Zimmerman pursued Travon after the 9-1-1 dispatcher told him NOT TO. Stand-your-ground doesn't allow you to chase someone with a gun and confront them only to claim self defense when that person feels threatened and possibly retaliates.

The dispatcher told Zimmerman to let the police handle the situation. Instead, the would-be **hero** ignores the police dispatcher and creates a situation that otherwise would not have happened, resulting in the needless slaying of someone who did not have to die.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
And what's Martin's account? Oh, wait, he can't tell his side of the story because he's dead. This entire affair has become a media circus, and the Police Department is doing everything it can to cover up the fact that it dropped the ball. It is not a question of race, it is a question of the use of deadly force when it was not necessary.

Deadly force is justified not only in fear of death, but also "great bodily harm"... A smashed face and wound on the back of the head is easily both. He screamed for help....... If I got in a fight and the guy gave up id get off of him, not slam his head repeatedly into the concrete while punching him.

U
edit on 27-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
The clarity is in the 911 recording for everyone to hear.

Zimmerman pursued Martin for flawed reasons and Martin wound up dead for having walked in Zimmerman's territory.

LE protected Zimmerman because many LEA's in this country have a few of these type of cold blooded killers on their force.

Everyday bad cops kill people for simply not respecting or listening to them quickly enough. It is the bully mentality of either listen to me and do what I say exactly when I say it or I'll kill you, punk (negro, white trash, or countless other more derogatory labels etc.)

LE saw themselves in Zimmerman, he was a common LEO in the making.

Here, piggy piggy, Sooee!
edit on 27-3-2012 by verylowfrequency because: Come to papa

Well said.

For some reason I get a kinda Observe N Report vibe from this Zimmerman guy (except the cops helped in Zimmerman's case but hated heavily on Seth Rogen). Here is a guy who's the Neighborhood watch CAPTAIN, has called over 40 times to 911 to report suspect activity in his neighborhood, this guy's a wannabe cop. Has had several issues with the laws in the past too. It's actually amazing that this dude got a license to carry. Just imagine Seth Rogen in his mall, you´ll get the same guy almost.
His parents seem to be well connected too (which is another opposite to Rogen's character)

As for my view on the topic...
To me it's sickening how many people are trying to protect him, I thought we were here to Deny Ignorance? The fact of the matter is that a 17 years old kid has lost his life. He's never coming back and isn't even allowed to rest in peace. People are finding old pictures of him , putting them up for the whole world to see and screaming thug in a weak attempt to justify a cold blooded murder..sick, sick, sick.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

And what's Martin's account? Oh, wait, he can't tell his side of the story because he's dead. This entire affair has become a media circus, and the Police Department is doing everything it can to cover up the fact that it dropped the ball. It is not a question of race, it is a question of the use of deadly force when it was not necessary.

Fail. So hard.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verse

Zimmerman pursued Martin for flawed reasons and Martin wound up dead for having walked in Zimmerman's territory.

LE protected Zimmerman because many LEA's in this country have a few of these type of cold blooded killers on their force.

Everyday bad cops kill people for simply not respecting or listening to them quickly enough. It is the bully mentality of either listen to me and do what I say exactly when I say it or I'll kill you, punk (negro, white trash, or countless other more derogatory labels etc.)

Well said.

For some reason I get a kinda Observe N Report vibe from this Zimmerman guy (except the cops helped in Zimmerman's case but hated heavily on Seth Rogen). Here is a guy who's the Neighborhood watch CAPTAIN, has called over 40 times to 911 to report suspect activity in his neighborhood, this guy's a wannabe cop. Has had several issues with the laws in the past too. It's actually amazing that this dude got a license to carry. Just imagine Seth Rogen in his mall, you´ll get the same guy almost.
His parents seem to be well connected too (which is another opposite to Rogen's character)

To me it's sickening how many people are trying to protect him, I thought we were here to Deny Ignorance? The fact of the matter is that a 17 years old kid has lost his life. He's never coming back and isn't even allowed to rest in peace. People are finding old pictures of him , putting them up for the whole world to see and screaming thug in a weak attempt to justify a cold blooded murder..sick, sick, sick.

Flawed reasons? I guess you did not see that when he was suspended, he had over 10 pieces of womans jewlery and a large flat head screwdriver in his backpack.. You are the type who likes to avoid the facts and run on emotion, like a bleeding heart leftist liberal. We shall see in the end who is the ignorant one.

Z had a gut feeling and it turned out to be right, this little btch was a thug thief after all. Probably used the skittles excuse to go case the neighborhood.. When I was 17 why walk to the store? I always drove.

U

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL

Well said.

Flawed reasons? I guess you did not see that when he was suspended, he had over 10 pieces of womans jewlery and a large flat head screwdriver in his backpack.. You are the type who likes to avoid the facts and run on emotion, like a bleeding heart leftist liberal. We shall see in the end who is the ignorant one.

Z had a gut feeling and it turned out to be right, this little btch was a thug thief after all.

U

So according to you ...if a person steals from you you should be allowed to kill them. Thank you!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
The guy who punched, being verbally harassed (or even *gasp*... followed) is not an open permit for violence as far as the law is concerned.

Whether Trayvon Martin pulled the first attack is out to be proven, but trayvon is more within his right act aggressively and defensively. Zimmerman had no reason to confront or harrass Trayvon about anything. Our 'rights' and protections to freedom of speech does not extend to using that to harass and confront people over our own personal suspicions. Zimmerman made the choice to follow and harass Trayvon even when it was made clear that Trayvon didn't want anything to do with him even after zimmerman ran after him, Zimmerman brought this situation upon himself.

We can switch this situation again, a white women is followed home by a black male hurling sexual chants and advances, he comes closer, she hits him. Should this white women be shot? Should she be put in jail for her actions?

If you want to continue making Trayvon Martin the one who started this incident, be my guest, this isn't how it works in my books and in the views of many others. Zimmerman should have got a clue when Trayvon tried to get away from him, he didn't want to listen. It's not Trayvon's fault for the situation Zimmerman finds himself in, sorry.

[Now you're making up stories and stating things as if they we're facts when you don't even know,

Really? So we don't really know whether Zimmerman was carrying a loaded gun when he persued Trayvon? That's a first.

No, it's not.

Oh yes it is, we can do this all day. If you are going to follow and chase after somebody you don't know and confront or harass them for no real reason other than you suspicion, I will rightfully expect them to act aggressively back to you. Your freedom of speech doesn't allow you to freely harass people on the street I'm sorry, there is a limit to that freedom.

thinking they can assault anyone

Of course there are laws forbidding people from 'assaulting anybody', this case isn't about assualting any random person you meet for no reason. Trayvon didn't approach Martin and attack him randomly, don't be silly.

Zimmerman messed it up for himself, it's too bad his defenders will not learn from his lesson.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And this IS a racial issue. The pattern of black men's killers walking free must be investigated.

Wow you just ate up the propaganda like candy huh?

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Zimmerman messed it up for himself, it's too bad his defenders will not learn from his lesson.

lol, since when was I a Zimmerman defender?

You don't even know my stance on the issue. I think he should be arrested too genius, not because of anything to do with race, but because he committed a plethora of other crimes regardless if one is murder or not.

The only lesson here is one about jumping to conclusions, which you so beautifully demonstrate for us.

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Oh yes it is, we can do this all day. If you are going to follow and chase after somebody you don't know and confront or harass them for no real reason other than you suspicion, I will rightfully expect them to act aggressively back to you. Your freedom of speech doesn't allow you to freely harass people on the street I'm sorry, there is a limit to that freedom.

Okay then, assault the next person who follows you or chases you and see what happens. I'm not talking about your personal version of what's acceptable, I'm talking about the law.

You don't have the authority to assault someone on the street, regardless of what they do. If you do, you're going to jail if you get caught. Moreover, you're going to get a lot heavier charge than the person who was chasing you.

Really, I hate this entire BS media stunt and it's unbelievable the amount of otherwise rational people degenerating into idiocy at the mere mention of black/white/hispanic/whatever crime.

HELLO! WAKE UP! THIS ENTIRE INCIDENT HAS BEEN TURNED INTO PROPAGANDA!
edit on 27-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger

I don't know the whole story; none of us do, but I have to believe that if Trayvon was polite and cordial, he'd still be alive.

And how "polite" was the guy following him with the gun? Walking around your neighborhood confronting strangers with a 9mm isn't exactly cordial either.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by USarmyFL

Deadly force is justified not only in fear of death, but also "great bodily harm"... A smashed face and wound on the back of the head is easily both. He screamed for help....... If I got in a fight and the guy gave up id get off of him, not slam his head repeatedly into the concrete while punching him.

Even if he had a gun?

edit on 27-3-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Leeu2012

Fail. So hard.

Could you be more specific? Are you trying to start a "Martin is really still alive" meme?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL

Well said.

Z had a gut feeling and it turned out to be right, this little btch was a thug thief after all.

U

So according to you ...if a person steals from you you should be allowed to kill them. Thank you!

See what I mean.... I never said that, I said his suspicions for following the punk in the first place was a good instinctive decision which turned out to be true. He was shot because he attacked Zimmerman, even his girlfriends cell record shows they lost each other. Wake up dudez.....

U

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Also of interest is how black on black murders are almost never publicized yet occur at a rate eleven times higher than white on black murders. I can only hope that Al and Jesse were busy during days.

www.fbi.gov...
edit on 27-3-2012 by PotKettle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

reply to post by USarmyFL

Even if he had a gun?

edit on 27-3-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

Huh? Fists do kill ya know, so does concrete.. If you are on your back getting pounded on a dark rainy night, your damn right you have the right to fire. Or should he just keep calling for help and let the guy continue smashing his face in?

U

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join