It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain to Me Why They Believe 2012 Theories?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I think we can believe in change, but I don't think we should believe in change based on prophecy, or someone's bogus interpretation of something (MAYAN CALENDAR)

That kind of base for the claim really undermines the effort, and for good reason.
edit on 26-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

If we can't believe in those things for change, then we can't believe in change at all.

Mankind sure as hell won't change itself.

The word "change", in and of itself, has even begun to lose meaning. There will come a day when the word "change" is as thoroughly despised and ridiculed as Justin Bieber.
edit on CMondaypm575729f29America/Chicago26 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I have a hard time answering this questions but I want to try.

I can't say I believe one thing or the other. But I can say something feels different about this than, say, Y2K did.
For one, it seems that many people around me (myself included) have begun this...change. It's subtle for the most part but nearly all of my friends have developed a much more open mind and lean towards spirituality. And I don't really mean new-age stuff (although it does play a part) but I see more and more people learning that living positively and keeping Karma in mind is the way to go. We're talking die-hard atheists moving into that mindset.

Also, I see all of this paranormal stuff really coming into the mainstream. The belief in Aliens, mysteries of Ancient Civilizations, spirituality etc. There's also the fact that there are all these different things that seem to be coming to a head. We have heavy HEAVY world turmoil, serious political and corporate corruption (which probably isn't new, but conspiracy is pretty much now a mainstream concept), globalization, uprisings, earthquakes, natural disasters, strange weather, new scientific understandings, breakthroughs of all kinds, strange sounds and UFO sightings through the roof.

Even if this so called December 21st, 2012 date means nothing... I think it still means something because the world and humanity is going through some sort of dramatic shift. If it happens on this date or takes another 100 years to come to fruition who knows. But I think that this date will be at the very least be looked back on as an important time in Human history. Whether it be a spiritual shift, the movement from a Type 0 to a Type 1 Civilization, global government, tyrannical global government, a technological breakthrough, a scientific breakthrough, alien contact or a combination of two or more of these things remains a mystery for now. The whole shift could be in and of itself a self fulfilling prophecy, maybe us all having this date in mind is causing this change. We all expect something to happen so because of that something may just happen. Nearly everyone is tired of and frustrated with the status quo. I see a big desire for change in nearly everyone I come across.

One thing you can't deny though is that the internet has changed us all completely. It's almost like a computerized telepathy. We all communicate directly from our minds to each other. People who would never in a million years have met without the internet, come together. We create absolutely amazing things on the internet. We share art, music, ideas, passions, hates, fears, ideas and concepts immediately with whoever is listening. The internet truly is a form of freedom that the world has never seen before and it's only going to get more amazing as time goes on (or perhaps maybe not if the governments take it away from us).

That's why I believe that there's probably more something than nothing to this time frame. It is just probably going to be more subtle than these die hard 2012 new-agers or doom&gloomers think. But perhaps, maybe not. Only time is going to answer that question for us!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hey guys I'm a newbie poster here but have been lurking for quite awhile trying to be a truth seeker (ATS is my favorite discussion forum)..... My PERSONAL interpitation of 2012 goes more or less like this.... I believe in a connected global awarness or conscious and as some science will tell you perception = reality and or reality = perception depends on how you want to argue. Anyhow I think thier are enough people (many wont admit it), that are wanting change and or cataclyism. So what I believe is happening around us now is that enough of this global
consciousness is geared towards that change/cataclyism and it is changing our perception of the world and our reality. Such as an observer can change the outcome of an experiment I believe we are changing our outcome on a global level. In a sense all I think 2012 is going to turn out to be is a destructive self fulfilling prophey. The degree to which we can alter our global reality beats me.... we may have done all we are able to with our natural disasters/global tension and all other boogeyman of these 2012 doomsday predictions. But what concerns me is as people get nervous and jumpy the closer the date gets the worst our global reality will get. Anyhow since I tried to use I believe as much as possible I'll give a few other examples that I believe illustrate this global reality changing consciousness.
Sci-fi books and shows of yesterday= Almost all the tech we have now and are developing.
Tales of monsters and dragons= Dinosaur fossil eveidence and such disoveries giant squid.
Bible and tales of healing= (this may seem an odd one) Modern medicine./ The issue of civil rights
And we have countless stories such as the one one of the titanic decades before it happened (the title eludes me right now)

Any additions to this list are welcome,. Thanks for reading and as I stated these are things I believe. I look forward to being more involved in the discussion here at ATS.
-CitizenJack

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Honestly, that is the only thing that can save us. True awareness of the pain and suffering we cause every day, on a global scale.

Until we realize the precise ramifications our actions cause, and our species becomes motivated to permanently and drastically improve, we will never change. And that will ultimately result in our extinction.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by satron
I think we can believe in change, but I don't think we should believe in change based on prophecy, or someone's bogus interpretation of something (MAYAN CALENDAR)

That kind of base for the claim really undermines the effort, and for good reason.
edit on 26-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

If we can't believe in those things for change, then we can't believe in change at all.

Mankind sure as hell won't change itself.

The word "change", in and of itself, has even begun to lose meaning. There will come a day when the word "change" is as thoroughly despised and ridiculed as Justin Bieber.
edit on CMondaypm575729f29America/Chicago26 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Sure mankind can change, we are changing right now. Thing is, a lot of people don't appreciate the kind of change we are getting, because it's hard to see how we benefit from it.

I think you're correct about people are going to get sick with "change", because it will be change they don't like. But it has nothing to do with some calendar. If we get change on a special date, it's planned. The people in power have hijacked your beliefs. Do you trust them with them? I can't say I do. It would be nice if I could, but then again, what's the recovery time for a lobotomy?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by CitizenJack

Honestly, that is the only thing that can save us. True awareness of the pain and suffering we cause every day, on a global scale.

Until we realize the precise ramifications our actions cause, and our species becomes motivated to permanently and drastically improve, we will never change. And that will ultimately result in our extinction.

What are you prepared to let go of?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masamune69
2012 doom has become a kind of alternative industry , what with so many books, lecture tours , documentaries and even hollywood movies - we now have 2012 doomsday celebrities who all tend to play the circuit - coast 2 coast, rense, freeman tv and project shamelot to name but a few .

Also no matter what a persons religious beliefs - it seems easy enough to tie in 2012 doom with whatever end of days theology your faith subscribes to .

2012 really is ' A doom for all seasons '

you'll know your chain is being pulled when you start to see lecture tours advertised for next year by those who are heavily pushing the ascension / cataclysm theories for this december.

An economy based on bologna, like TSA and homeland security.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

"Can Someone Explain to Me Why They Believe 2012 Theories?"

Because its fun. Where's your sense of adventure? No one gets out of here alive anyways.

I will show you something but don't show anyone else because its ...wait for it...Above Top Secret.

In two images, I will have you rethinking your assessment.

The Aztec calendar which I am sure you are familiar with...
upload.wikimedia.org...

and my uncle Robert, as seen from space in Peru...
www.imagebam.com...

here is where the image was clipped from...
www.flashearth.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wht? I live in a dream world so it all sounds like good clean fun to me. Be prepared thats my motto.

Nothing at all may happen, and something may happen, but the opportunity to have even the slightest chance to finish out ones days in an adventure filled apocalypse, only comes along so often.
How many other pending predictions of doom are there?
None with this sort of historical resonance.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by syrinx high priest

However, there is no indication the current age is ending or will end. According to Mayan beliefs the previous creations were wiped out because they did not properly venerate the gods. With current creation the gods were happy and there was no indication another creation would be needed. Where people are getting this belief that we are entering a new age is from the Aztec Five Suns prophecy. This states that we are currently living in the Fourth Sun, but as the name implies this world will eventually end and the Fifth Sun will come about. However, the Aztecs never had the Long Count so this prophecy cannot be tied into it in any way. It's sort of amazing how much people will believe without any kind of evidence whatsoever. For example the claim that the Long Count either ends or repeats on 13.0.0.0.0. No one has ever provided data to back up this claim and yet it is at the core of every 2012 theory.

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. haven't some mayan descendants or scholars claimed the calendar goes on for another few thousand or at least a few hundred years ?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Very rarely post, but here goes....

An idea has been itching me the last week about 2012, and that is, it's happening already. By that I mean, just this date alone has had so many people researching topics, ideas, even thoughts like: spiritualitity, ancient sites and cultures, religion, purpose of life, and more. In other words it is, has, already changed people's attitudes towards life and how they feel we "should" be living. Even your thread, and others on this topic, are evidence that this idea may have some merit. (?)

On side note some other examples of why 2012 may be valid that I haven't read yet, DUMBS, the Norway Seed Vault, Denver Airport, resignations in politics (and the crop of GOP candidates, the GOP should hang their heads in shame if that's the best they have). Just some observations of the so called TPTB.

I myself believe in a consciousness awakening, so to speak, globally, that somehow will begin to change how we look at and treat one another. About impossible to show proof of this though, I think it has to do with energy (vibration).

Peace

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this and my own reasoning’s to believing any sort of 2012 TEOTWAWKI, as I feel I am rational and intellectual person.

I think people are tired of the “Machine” that has become human existence, they long for true and lasting change. Huge numbers are unemployed around the world, with little hope of that changing. The media spouts off horrors untold to women and children then quickly turns to piano playing cats. People are war weary yet rumors of more wars pervade. Many people are fed up with lying politicians and again more liars line up waiting to be elected. There are huge numbers of people who are old, retired and about to retire who basically sucked this planets wealth and resources up for their own pleasures and have now left it to their children and grandchildren to clean up the mess. Many of these elderly and retired are sad they can do nothing at this point to turn some of this snowball effect around.

Me, I am not in the youngest generation coming to age, but I am also not close to retirement. I am tired of the grind of a souless job (my own doing) and would like to see humanity reach for the stars instead of staring at our toes. And that to me, is why people believe in any 2012 TEOTWAWKI scenario…

edit on 26-3-2012 by abeverage because: because I get in a hurry ok?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This prediction, along with any other end of the world prediction, is of course ridicilous. But it would be kind of cool that this one massive silly prediction actually was a legit prediction. Kind of a double spin. This prediction has gotten so out of control in it's popularity and dozen theories concerning what's going to happen, it's almost like a caricature of a prediction. The holy grail of bat#. Bet it would even surprise the crazies on here if something did infact happen. Rational people and crazies all around the globe would be sitting infront of their Tvs simultaneously going: " You gotta be #ting me. " Other than that being kind of funny.....maeh...

edit on 26-3-2012 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Doom and the resulting fall of society gives powerless people hope. These are mostly individuals with no feeling of control in their own lives who yern for a time when money and authority mean nothing. They invite a time when what you have earned, or failed to earn in in their case, during the course of living, is meaningless. The people who sell the doom are likely the very ones your supply of ammo, and stokpile of expensive arms, will be used to fight off if the collapse ever comes. To them doom means opportunity, when in fact they will likely be the first to go, Failures in the good time will be failures in the fall. Stupid is as stupid does.
edit on 26-3-2012 by MissingRonnieR because: because of space ants-the little aleins that watch from below.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
hahahahahha xD

PERFECT OP!

I have the answer for you = MEDIA. That is the oNLY thing that has brought this "2012" thing into existence.. and people have leached onto the fear-vibration ... and uhh yea there u go
Truth is non of these fear mongerers have a clue why they belive in 2012 (Jesus and their religious for a further debate
) ! They jsut follow the hype.. like Fish in a current: "The popular thing is THAT way >>>>" and they all follow down stream

Funnier thing to me is; no one even has a CLUE what the hell 2012 ACTUALY is xD they think some Mayans carved a rock that is interpreted as a clock of doom hahahaha wtf

LOVE IT

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
People are bored. Constant war, constant fear, constant anger, constant violence, constant (city, village, town), constant noise, constant light, constant conflict with your neibours. The wealth distribution is all out of wack, their are still people dying of starvation and malnutrition while people die of being over weight in first world countries.

People are bored and fed up, instead of using that creative force to inspire change, they waste their energy on silly little things like 2012. But its the same thing with pretty much all conspiracies until proven. They are fun to poke and play with, but until proven, are whyms of our imagination.

The best outcome would be people coming together and actually changing things. But i know better than to believe in something as crazy as that

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

You sir are correct, I should know at first i loved the thrill of the idea of something destructive.

But i was ignorant and now see the potential for pain and suffering.

Be well

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speakerofthetruth
reply to post by seedofchucky

You sir are correct, I should know at first i loved the thrill of the idea of something destructive.

But i was ignorant and now see the potential for pain and suffering.

Be well

Well there is a possibility that some may not be effected by it to any great degree if it does happen. And it can't be helped if you are caught up in it.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

its all about change.

for the last few ages we've had a new religious figure given to us to help keep us in our retarded little world by the powers that want to be.
are they getting ready for the next one,,, it wouldn't surprise me, why change the system now, just adapt it..

the sun is spitting out new particles that are having an effect on radioactive elements here on earth according to purdu and stanford universities.. the human body has atleast 8 different radioactive elements in its make up.. when they change we change!

and then there is this- I don’t use ancient Mayan calendars. Nor do I subscribe to Nostradamus.
Yet, throughout modern history, if there ever was a year when all the stars were crossed for a millennial tipping point, 2012 must be it.
…the convergence of already-obvious economic forces is destined to make 2012 one of the most dramatic years of the century.- www.moneyandmarkets.com...

and then ofcourse there is the rumours of wars and diseases,, it seems the bloodlines that invented the bible/pantomime are trying to make biblical "prophecy" come true...

its our ignorance and fear,, the present mentality that has created the world we live in today,, fingers crossed enough humans wake up and tip the balance in Our favour!

have a read of this- wecreatethelove.ning.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I'll give a simple answer. You are on a Conspiracy Board. 99.9% of what is here is utter nonsense. It's that small remainder that matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join