It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain to Me Why They Believe 2012 Theories?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Originally posted by satron
Look at what little influence the moon has on the Earth, you think some crap light years away is going to effect us? Don't you know that the strength of gravity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance?

Translation: It will be a weak effect, if any.
WOW.

The moon has a lot of influence on the Earth. Even though the Earth orbits the Sun, in terms of tidal forces, the Moon has a greater effect than the Sun.

Now the supermassive black hole at the centre of the galaxy has every star, planet, etc. in this galaxy revolving around it. That is billions upon billions of stars alone that are influenced by this thing.

But it's not merely the mysteries of gravity. A black holes' function is largely mysterious as it is, but despite it's overwhelming mass it does other things than just suck in matter and make the galaxy's celestial bodies orbit around it. They eject matter and who knows what else may be ejected from there that we just have not seen yet. To be aligned with the heart of the galaxy may mean something we just didn't know about, because we honestly don't know much. A lot of the work on black holes is theory.

WOW, considering what the moon does, you can conclude that even a super-massive black hole light years away will do even considerable less. How far do you think we are situated from the event horizon of the closest black hole?

I don't think you grasp the distances which black holes exist from us.
edit on 25-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Have you ever experienced a large earthquake for example?It's like a high for some people,I don't know if it's the adrenalin or the sense of coming together to help each other.People are addicted to doom,and they have always been,games,books and movies are capitalizing on it.By the way I'll be exactly 25 years on 21-st December 2012,happy birthday to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

I've been in earthquakes before, and you're right. It's exciting. Doesn't make me try and predict the next one though.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I was seven and it was my first day at school,pretty large earthquake.I will never forget the felling,it was awesome.People who haven't experienced it can't understand it,it's addictive.And about 2012,I think it's only hype.After nothing happens they will find another 2012 sometime in the next few years.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I think it's more than that. For one human's seem to have this innate belief that they're special, even among other humans. What's more special than being one of the last people to ever live? People also seem to buy into these doomsday predictions much more than something they are merely using as entertainment. I genuinely think they are trying to alter their perception of reality to the point where they believe that something will come along and fix all the problems in the world and that it will happen soon.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If something big did happen in 2012, I could see people trying to predict things because "predicting it will make it happen!"

I have that much faith in people

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

And someone can use that very well to their advantage.I beleive the Zero Time Wave theory of Terrence Mckenna(as I have understood it)says that every important event in history will happen at the same time on that date in 2012.I slightingly find his theory plausible,because look around you,there is no novelty in culture,art everything is just the same recycled #.We live in the Cali Yuga and this is the twilight of humanity,moral decay,violence,and loss of honor are the norm,and nobody bats an eyelid.We are very,very far from the divine source that all creativity comes from.There is nothing sacred left.And it's just me ranting.

edit on 25-3-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

by the sound of your post sounds like you live in so-cal.

i grew up there and i had to move away to see how shallow i really was.

people there tend to have the world revolves around me out look.

way different when you get out of cali. i love it its my home,

but a huge cancer on the ass cheek of the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

Uhm no I live in Europe,and beleive me I don't have that outlook on life.It's closer to "everything happens somewhere else".

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21
reply to post by omegacorps

Uhm no I live in Europe,and beleive me I don't have that outlook on life.It's closer to "everything happens somewhere else".

You are an Angel from..somewhere in eastern europe, Serbia maybe?

Anyway I think many people hope that something good happens on december 21st 2012 (not your birthday
), because most people are depressed and wish something would change their lives, but many also wish something bad would happen for that excitement you talk of.

I wish something beautiful happened, but I doubt it.

Sometimes we need to switch off the TV and Internet and forget about the world for a while, all this media will turn us all crazy I've got enough problems of my own to have to worry about the WHOLE world every single day, infact this world really gets to me on a deep level.

Sometimes we need to take a break from it all or more people will start wishing for world destruction lol.
edit on 25-3-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't remember hearing about 2012 when my friends and I were discussing how odd things seemed to becoming lately. This was back a few years ago as I recall. Natural disasters are occuring at a greater rate and intensity, the weather patterns are changing in the extreme, peoples behavior has become considerably more base, magnetic poles are shifting at an alarming rate, UFO sitings are on the rise, political & social upheavel has become the norm, and, yes, I too have felt that odd feeling in the air...like the world rests on the cusp of a great void and the slightest misstep will cause it to fall. A tension that is reflected in the faces of those I see around me. End of the world? I don't know. The Mayans (as well as several other ancient cultures) have prophesies concerning these days will find ourselves in. They all mirror one another in stating that it will be a time of great change. Perhaps that may well be doom for some, but I doubt it's the end of the world. Another thing. This alignment thing is true. All the planets will be in a row on that date. Aligned, along with the sun, with the center of the galaxy. As to what that means...I have no idea. My thought is this. When they align like that, it will be a most unusual magnetic field that will be created. Add to that, the suns magnetism and the black holes, well then who knows....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Global enslavement progress by Satanic forces that OWN the food, Governments and majority of the people who've traded survival for integrity.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I believe something will happen that could result in the annihilation of our, and all species. Could it happen like the movie 2012? Maybe, who can say for sure though?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Why do I believe in the 2012 stuff?

Deep down I know 2013 will roll in, and the world will go on like any other day. In my acknowledgement of this, I am then acknowledging that I am stuck in this f*cked up world, I am stuck playing the rat race, and I am stuck pursuin this false dream called happiness. Being in debt, having a wife who doesnt love me, working a job I cant stand, living with children that dont respect me, watching as the world comes down on me and I have no control over it. And being stuck in debt and stressed all day as though I am working for happiness.

Or, I log onto ATS everyday and get my dose of fear mongering, which is ultimately fear of death, death being freedom. Honestly who wouldnt want to get on board with fear mongering? I mean really, what is there to live for, the whole world is manufactured, were lied to here, we break our backs to support the rich and, and were stuck with such immense debt for thing that are supposed to make us happy. our society tells people like my children and my wife that men, especially father figures are stupid, and so we get no respect. everybody is in such a hurry to break down the family unit, and lose morals, for what? so we can pursue this wonderful happy life? bull! I will be straightforward with you all, I have a one way ticket to heaven (in my belief system that is) why wouldnt i want to speed that up? I would die soon as tomorrow. Honestly I would kill myself, but I am not weak like that. I willingly accept that my life has no control, and that there is no true happiness here, and that im just a pawn in this game called life.

So yeah I will take death anytime, and anything that even remotely tells me "hey buddy you dont have to wait another 50 years, your ticket out of here comes the end of this year, I am on board!

I said it once, and I will say it again, doomsday WILL come this year, but it will come in the form of 2013, and the realization that were stuck here, and we have no control or happiness. The sooner people realize that, the better off they will be. There will never be happiness here.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
ok you twisted my arm the real reason i want STHTF is so i can kill with no " law " to worry about.

not just randomness but population control and protection. i cant go pick my spot on the side of a
mountain some where and homested like the good ole days. so i will patiently wait and play nice with the others

cant get any more honest than that.

edit on 26-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Massive unemployment, illegal wars, poverty, bad gmo food, polluted waters, nuclear disasters, poisoned seas, mass debt, persistent archaic religions that promise divine results on earth for 2k years and do not deliver, confusing technological advancement in sync with population explosion of backward conservative imbeciles, boring jobs, boring lifestyles, boringly BORED.

Face it, people want a revolutionary change. Be it cataclysmic, sci-fi, biblical or mass ideological change, people are BORED of the same old human crap and can't accept that when it comes to their pathetic life, it all boils down to "this is as good as it gets".

People can't accept, alright, that their life time is not special at all in a trascendental way.

- "You mean I'll die by my fat wife in my double wide trailer watching Oprah and that's it?"
- "You mean I'll die in my cubicle surrounded by star wars toys and paperwork and that's it?"

Who would want this crap?!

2012 is an excuse to dream a little. Dont knock it.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Massive unemployment, illegal wars, poverty, bad gmo food, polluted waters, nuclear disasters, poisoned seas, mass debt, persistent archaic religions that promise divine results on earth for 2k years and do not deliver, confusing technological advancement in sync with population explosion of backward conservative imbeciles, boring jobs, boring lifestyles, boringly BORED.

Face it, people want a revolutionary change. Be it cataclysmic, sci-fi, biblical or mass ideological change, people are BORED of the same old human crap and can't accept that when it comes to their pathetic life, it all boils down to "this is as good as it gets".

People can't accept, alright, that their life time is not special at all in a trascendental way.

- "You mean I'll die by my fat wife in my double wide trailer watching Oprah and that's it?"
- "You mean I'll die in my cubicle surrounded by star wars toys and paperwork and that's it?"

Who would want this crap?!

2012 is an excuse to dream a little. Dont knock it.

^This

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by hammanderr
Massive UFO fly over events, reptilians, the end of the world, 2012 theories, (UFO)lights against a black background with no reference points or observable properties, love, light and the benevolents.

There's a sucker born every minute. There's your answer. Some of us require proof and therefore are skeptic by nature, some are just hopeful and require no proof.

You missed out the third (most vocal) group : those we do not need proof becasue they already know the truth.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkurth2000

Natural disasters are not on the rise. They are merely reported by the media more often. While weather patterns are changing all evidence points to the fact that the Earth's weather goes through cycles. The magnetic poles are not changing at an alarming rate. They are moving like they always do and at a normal rate. I keep seeing this claim that UFO sightings are on the rise, but no one has provided any kind of justification. Judging by the number of sightings reported on ATS I would say they're actually decreasing. Social and political upheaval happen all the time. Just look at the 60s or the second half of the 18th century. No cultures have any prophecies associated with 2012. All of the planets are not aligning on December 21, 2012.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join