It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain to Me Why They Believe 2012 Theories?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Back before Y2K, I got into that and stocked up on survival supplies, guns & ammo, and took the wife and kids to a bug out location in a remote area. Just before leaving the city, I called a friend I had known since college. He had become a computer scientist working at a major university. I asked him to tell it to me straight, don't sugarcoat --- "is Y2K going to shut down all the computers and throw us all into TEOTWAWKI?" He said calmly, "Nothing will happen. It will be a non-event." Well, we headed for the hills anyway just to be on the safe side, and it turned out to be a nice, little vacation in the country!

After Y2K, the conspiracy theory side of me started wondering --- what if the whole Y2K scare was a social experiment on a mass scale secretly perpetrated by government black ops just to see what the public would do. So, I thought it might have been intentionally planted by black ops as a sort of dress rehearsal for some later 'real thing.' I wouldn't be surprised if there are secret white papers on file in FBI or CIA that analyze in statistical detail what the general public's reaction to Y2K was and if there were patterns of behavior (as in more ammo sold and what caliber, a spike in canned food purchases, etc). They love to analyze things like that.

Anyway, I'm not afraid of 12/21/12, but I do see the numerology thing there and I think whatever dark forces did 9/11 and the 7/7 in London, etc, are into numerology. So, there could be a false flag attack on that date just on the numerology angle.

As far as the Mayan prophecy thing, I'm open minded. Astronomical cycles do exist and if they got some info from a visiting UFO, then what the heck, it might have been based on some super advanced science we today don't grasp.

Bottom line, my thinking is that in my lifetime, I've seen more things improve than I thought would. Everyone sees the growing pains of world politics and thinks doom, but if you look at the big picture, there are lots of reasons for hope. We are much more aware of the importance of preserving nature than in the past. We are much more careful about the 'nuke 'em' option than we were in the 50's and 60's. Someone mentioned how the Internet has brought the world closer together and that's good. I could go on listing things that point to a more positive future. So, overall, I see a chance for a worldwide consciousness shift towards a better world for everyone. What has everyone feeling so insecure is that we currently have lots of growing pains going on.

edit on 26-3-2012 by switching yard because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

That's a really interesting theory. Even if it wasn't planned per se I'm sure that data was definitely collected.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard

After Y2K, the conspiracy theory side of me started wondering --- what if the whole Y2K scare was a social experiment on a mass scale secretly perpetrated by government black ops just to see what the public would do.

I believe this to be extremely possible, because it's in a government's interest to know what the reaction of people will be during a possible crisis. I'm sure there are psychologists watching peoples reactions from many angles. But who knows if they will use the information they collect against us or to help us.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

don't ask me for a source but i remember reading somewhere that the whole y2k thing was a plant, but more than that, it was to do with this cycle of change we're in. 1999-2000 was something to do with the change in consciousness we're going through and the powers that want to be hijacked it with an injection of fear.. it should have been a stepping stone to change for something positive.. i think its tied in to the mayan time of no time..?

its what all this is about, them trying to out weigh the positive with negative, and obviously intel gathering for something "around the corner"!

thanks for the post, glad to see somebody else on the same page.

just remember, what an amazing time to be a part of this planet!!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

I think I would rather be more hyped and excited being next to you considering how beautiful you are.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Well said switching yard, its good to read posts that are balanced every now and again at ATS. Humans are still in nappies in relation to what they will eventually achieve if they dont kill each other before then.

Intervention is a tricky thing. No one likes to think that they weren't good enough to do it on thier own.

Collectively humanity has changed little in the last one hundred thousand years. Remember every civilization that has been created has failed often it has then contributed to the next so in reality was it really a failure.

edit on 27-3-2012 by subtopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
NASA has taken a personal mission just to try to shut down so many theories with valid concerns. Geomagnetic reversal apparently is completely harmless according to NASA's ANTI2012 mission.

Look, anytime the government comes out and says, "Dont panic, you are all completely safe, keep paying your taxes." You should stand at attention.

That's all I would recommend. Be weary of a government do not panic campaign.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Because it fits in to many peoples Religious text's and I find people who follow certain Religions want the end of times to happen because it will prove their Religion right.
What scares me is people in power believe these things as well and have the power to bring them about.
It may happen but only because we vote people in who believe it all.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

So when NASA told us not to worry about Elenin it actually collided with Earth killing us all? I'm sick and tired of people saying NASA lies without any kind of empirical evidence to back it up. Yet at the same time we can point to countless instances where New Age and fringe authors have claimed the world is going to end and they were wrong. Why is it we trust these people over NASA when NASA have a record of 100% when it comes to doomsday prophecies and those making the predictions have a record of 0%?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Except not a single text make any mention of the year 2012. What makes 2012 any different than Harold Camping's predictions from last year? Those were based around religious texts and beliefs yet were widely panned. So it must be something more than a desire to see their religion proven right as there are numerous religion based prophecies every year and people don't jump to their defense like they do with 2012.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Heck as long as I have noticed people having been saying the end of the world is nigh, if nothing happens people will pick another year out and people will latch on to that one.
But I think that if a religious text says there will be a apocalypse people will try to bring it about to prove to everyone they are right.

Imagine if it did happen and we are all in the aftermath imagine all the Religious book thumpers saying "I told you so God has judged us".

Reading many peoples posts on this site some people seem to welcome a apocalypse. Me I think humanity is better than this.

But I do agree with your post, why people have picked out more 2012 well it snowballed from the calender thing and others reading that added things like Niburu etc.
edit on 27-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by Starchild23

I think we can believe in change, but I don't think we should believe in change based on prophecy, or someone's bogus interpretation of something (MAYAN CALENDAR)

That kind of base for the claim really undermines the effort, and for good reason.
edit on 26-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

If we can't believe in those things for change, then we can't believe in change at all.

Mankind sure as hell won't change itself.

The word "change", in and of itself, has even begun to lose meaning. There will come a day when the word "change" is as thoroughly despised and ridiculed as Justin Bieber.
edit on CMondaypm575729f29America/Chicago26 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Sure mankind can change, we are changing right now. Thing is, a lot of people don't appreciate the kind of change we are getting, because it's hard to see how we benefit from it.

I think you're correct about people are going to get sick with "change", because it will be change they don't like. But it has nothing to do with some calendar. If we get change on a special date, it's planned. The people in power have hijacked your beliefs. Do you trust them with them? I can't say I do. It would be nice if I could, but then again, what's the recovery time for a lobotomy?

Excuse me, but where do you see the change? I'm talking about a global ascension into a world-wide community that cares and feels the pain of others. We have lost our empathy.

No one in the government believes in any date of change. Change is used as a gimmick, which is why I said the word "change" will eventually be a despised word.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

reply to post by CitizenJack

Honestly, that is the only thing that can save us. True awareness of the pain and suffering we cause every day, on a global scale.

Until we realize the precise ramifications our actions cause, and our species becomes motivated to permanently and drastically improve, we will never change. And that will ultimately result in our extinction.

What are you prepared to let go of?

Desires of the flesh. If we let go of all of our desires of the flesh, and only have instinct, we will only take what we need, and the rest will be given to those who need it more.

That will do for a first step, I think.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Excuse me, but where do you see the change? I'm talking about a global ascension into a world-wide community that cares and feels the pain of others. We have lost our empathy.

No one in the government believes in any date of change. Change is used as a gimmick, which is why I said the word "change" will eventually be a despised word.

What are you talk about? We lost our empathy? You mean the our level of empathy we had during the Roman Empire? Or during the Dark Ages? Or During the colonization of America? Or during WWI and WWII? What make you think that people have lost their empathy? Of course people are empathetic, but that doesn't solve everyone's problems around the globe.

Do you think it's wrong to take care of yourself before you take care of other people?

People in the more developed nations are going to hate the word change because it's going to be synonymous with struggle.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I don't know what, if anything, will happen on December 21, 2012, but I will say I do not discount ancient knowledge. Lack of communication and time tends to cause us to lose knowledge. Humanity has discovered and rediscovered the Americas at least a couple times already. This may be such an event.

Its my opinion that perhaps the Olmecs/Mayans caught onto some big natural cycle through astrological observations and attributed some of their own beliefs to it not understanding what it is they actually took notice of. Or maybe they didn't and their timeline was completely arbitrary. In any case we don't have much further to find out.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Star shild it seems your having trouble realizing what the definition of an instinct is. The behaviours you need occur due to conceptual mechanisms in the mind, instincts occur due to physical reactions in the brain and this predominately deals with want rather than need.

Brain reacts through the use of the primal reactive subconscious mind.

The self conscious mind evolved after the subconscious mind and provides for the human capacity to respond to achieve needs which are often in direct conflict with our wants.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Except there is no ancient knowledge associated with 2012. There are merely false claims being slung by charlatans trying to sell books.The Long Count had no purpose other than to keep track of days outside of the 52 year Calendar Round cycle. It doesn't end and it doesn't repeat. If it did its entire purpose would be destroyed.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Be it dec 21 2012 or not, you have to admit Terence McKenna was onto something. Of all the enlightened people I have heard/read from, Terence is by far the most objective. Maybe natural, individual death is our personal 12/21/12 instead of the rapture-like collective event most are waiting for. One thing Ive noticed these past years from reading hundreds of posts on this 2012 subject is that most people dont seem to like the idea of ascending without our physical form or likeness. Curiously, this rapture-esque fantasy has a grip on many of the religious and non religious which makes it interesting from a psychological viewpoint.

Things are definitely going to be exciting on dec 20th though!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

reply to post by CitizenJack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, that is the only thing that can save us. True awareness of the pain and suffering we cause every day, on a global scale.

I understand exactly what you mean... I have always thought something so simple as one day of a global ceasefire and political silence would have such a dramatic and healing effect on the physci of the world that it would cause a butterfly effect of good things to come ( i understand the absurdness of this and that it is fesibly impossible and that it implies that im a tree hugger). but like kids in school there is always one or two that screw it up for the rest of us, so in the mean time happy thoughts world. As a citizen of the world i'll continue to do my part to try and tip global karma our way (good guys and truth seekers)

keep smiling
-citizenjack
edit on 28-3-2012 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join