It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive! First hand Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman Zimmerman Innocent Smoking Gun

page: 309
<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurected

How does one determine whether or not their life is in danger while having their head beat against the ground?
I would say it feels the same, both pain and fear wise, when someone is getting beat and the attacker quits and when the attacker continues until the person is dead.

He chose to not find out if the next blow he would be knocked out or killed. Can't blame Zimmerman for that.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fbluth

Going on the idiotbox, is not testifying under oath. It's going on the idiotbox, nothing more. I could care less what he says, he is not a witness. His remarks have zero to do with the case. The idiotbox is not a courtroom.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well gogo, that happens in school yard fights. Is murder called for during them? I have seen alot worse and both walked away to tell about it.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

How does one determine whether or not their life is in danger while having their head beat against the ground?
I would say it feels the same, both pain and fear wise, when someone is getting beat and the attacker quits and when the attacker continues until the person is dead.

He chose to not find out if the next blow he would be knocked out or killed. Can't blame Zimmerman for that.

I had a problem with a neighbor and really thought I was going to have to use deadly force on him. Dept.Sheriff said a citizen is no different than a cop when it comes to using deadly force. Its when you feel you are threaten that get questioned with an inquest after the fact.

I still get uneasy when the door bell rings.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

Obama is very guilty of dividing the country. He should be bringing Americans together and fixing these problems instead of taking sides. He did the same thing with the whole "Beer Summit"

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
When it comes to self defense and the law let me throw a few facts out to ya.

The level of response must match the threat, not exceed it.

One has the duty to retreat from assault if possible.

Use force, especially deadly force, only as a last resort.

If a “victim” uses excessive force they become the aggressor.

Force becomes excessive when it exceeds that needed to assure one’s own safety

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

In some states, correct. Some states are so retarded, they tell you you have to run away from an attacker. Yeah, turn your back to an attacker, great idea. However, FL doesn't happen to be one of them.
edit on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 23:17:44 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

That is a completely irrelevant point, but since you brought it up.
Here is a kid from Florida that was beaten all the time by a bully. One day he brought a knife and got of the bus early to avoid the bully. The bully got off early too, followed him and started the fight, punching the kid in the back of the head. The kid stabbed the bully and was cleared as self defense and invoked the stand your ground. He rightfully went free.

The kid probably wouldn't have killed him, but he could have as it is not hard to kill someone. The kid showed that he tried to avoid it by getting off the bus early.

Here LINK

Anyway that was me humoring you and showing that even though that scenario is irrelevant to this case there is still a point to be made. This however was a full grown man (teen, but he was a full grown man) beating a guy alone, at night. This wasn't a schoolyard fight between kids that aren't that strong and have teachers to break it up. Doesn't matter what you have seen. If you are in fear for your life you are justified in saving yourself even if it costs the other person their life. They have no right to put you in danger and harm you, PERIOD.
edit on 29-4-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by makinit66

Obama is very guilty of dividing the country. He should be bringing Americans together and fixing these problems instead of taking sides. He did the same thing with the whole "Beer Summit"

agreed, I bet at least he wished he was never talked into stating "If I had a son he would look just like Treyvon"

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

just to be fair with your post statement,
can you show links to your claims you make as "Facts"

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The threat was possible death. He responded in kind.
It is really annoying to see people who act as if they would take a beating and remain calm and just accept it up until a certain point. It would be hard to determine what danger you were in, you would just know you were in danger. What if the next blow is that freak blow that puts you in a coma and kills you. Like that actress that barely bumped her head skiing and was ok and talking and fine and then went into a coma all of a sudden and died. There are lots of one hit kill cases. This wasn't even one hit though, this was a beating he was taking.

Also there is the possibility that the teen was trying to take Zimmerman's gun which very well may have meant the end for Zimmerman. If someone is beating you and tries to take your gun you really have no option, but to shoot them.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

A 15 year old not developed mentally and would have irrational fear any sane adult wouldnt or shouldnt have. So in the case you mentioned its the irrational fear of a child and a choice that would ruin the rest of his life.. Not the irrational fear of a 28 year old man who should know better vs. a 17 year old kid.. Also Zimmerman having a history in security should have known how to detain or atleast get himself out of the situation without lethal force.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

What??!
How is it irrational fear when someone is beating your head in?
The people on this site blow me away with the crazy stuff they say. It is completely rational for any adult that is jumped, punched in the face, and having their head beat against the ground to be afraid. Maybe you haven't actually seen Trayvon as he was at 17, but he was a full grown man, he was muscular and played football, tattooed with gold teeth. He didn't exactly look like a little kid sitting on top of Zimmerman and even if he did all Zimmerman really knew was that someone was beating him. He didn't know the age, he just knew the person was bashing his head in. That fear is not irrational you would be very afraid if you were in his position.

Also, I have been trained in security. They don't teach you anything outside of observe and report. That is such a weak argument. I am sure he struggled. What if he couldn't get up? What if the teen was going for his gun. We don't know what the teen was up to. What if he was one hundred percent going to shoot Zimmerman if he got his gun? What if he wanted to take the gun and kill Zimmerman? We don't know because we weren't there. His life was in danger and he defended it.
edit on 29-4-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Yah have seen him, he looks like every other kid who listens to hip hop.. Oh the fear..

And Zimmerman had worked as a bouncer before, he should have been able to handle himself.. He also supposadly detained a burgler before.

I remember once when younger had a massive fight, ended up getting a skateboard broke over the back of my head lol and was in far worse shape then Zimmerman, my first instinct was to fight more not to grab a gun and kill the person. People with that outlook are all part of whats wrong with the US today.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Yeah cool story bro. Totally believable too

You want to let someone beat your head in, good on you, it's your head, your decision. Luckily for the sane people out there, the law says we are allowed to stop an attack before serious injuries occur.....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Is that what i said? I can find you youtube fights worse then what Zimmerman went through..

So yah, cool story bro..

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

And is there a point? I can find all kinds of cool youtube videos too, the search function is really great. What does watching youtube fights, have to do with someone's right to defend themself? I have seen people shot and survive, does that mean I can reasonably believe that shooting someone is not life threatening?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The point being NONE of those called for lethal force. People stand around and talk about punks on the streets with guns, guess what.. Now they can get them legal.

Zimmerman was following him in the first place also when he shouldnt have been. When he was told not to. So yeah, Zimmerman was looking for trouble.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Still doesn't change the fact, as soon as he was assaulted and battered, he had the legal right to defend himself, with the gun he was legally carrying.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

you know I cannot recall in my adult life youtube surfing kids getting into fights and using skate boards as weapons.

Zimmerman was a man, Martin thought he was a man, sometimes..........I am trying to figure out how this nonsense fits into the thread but I just dont see it.

ATS going to the 14yr olds maybe?

top topics

<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join