It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 1,000 Pakistan women 'killed for honour'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by blocula

I agree that force must be met with force.

And, that the Muslims seem to have out intimidated the West many times over--they are artists at it.

Like Banty roosters with steel claws.

However, I think the globalists setting up Muslims and Judeo/Christian cultures to exterminate each other is going to be much more likely the current script.

And I don't know that anything can be done about it.

Sigh.

edit on 23-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by blocula

I agree that force must be met with force.

And, that the Muslims seem to have out intimidated the West many times over--they are artists at it.

Like Banty roosters with steel claws.

However, I think the globalists setting up Muslims and Judeo/Christian cultures to exterminate each other is going to be much more likely the current script.

And I don't know that anything can be done about it.

Sigh.

Charles Lindbergh 1902-1974..."From 1936 to 1939, as I travelled through European countries,i saw the phenomenal military strength of Germany growing like a giant at the side of an aged and complacent England. France was awake to her danger,but far too occupied with personal ambitions, industrial troubles and internal politics to make more than a feeble effort to rearm.In England there was organization without spirit.In France there was spirit without organization.In Germany there were both"

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Very well what solution does Islam give the western world about Islamic aggression,now.Your revenge for prior acts by our corrupt leaders or others above them is proving to be fatal.
This isn't just a tit for tat exchange business as usual.We do not want to do any of this, but the responses to attacks are almost automatic and very messy.
Expose the training camps and stop the Wahabist factions before this reaches critical mass.Oil is losing popularity.When the world moves on the middle east will be left to stew in it's own juices.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by elliotmtl
Christians used to behave just as badly, it's just that they've had 2000-ish years to get their stuff together and Muslims have only had 1400.

Religion isn't the problem, it's just the excuse that cruel people use to justify their behavior.

You know why? Because the Roman Catholic Church was teaching the people in Latin, when everyone else didn't speak that dead language. In the Dark Ages, learning to read and write was outlawed for the peons and commoners, only the clergy/priesthood were allowed to learn their self styled esoteric "sacred mysteries". Imagine speaking germanic, or norse or britonian and having to listen to some smug asswipe rant at you in a language you couldn't understand. The people were getting nothing out of the bible.

Kinda hard to learn Christ's commandments when you can't read, or write, or understand the message yea? People were being told they could just eat their Jesus cookie and be saved, or that they could purchase "indulgences" and if they gave all their money to the Roman Catholic Church they got a plot of ground in heaven.

So now you see why people were behaving badly in christendom? Thats because Christendom isn't christianity, there's a huge difference. Real christians know the 10 commandments are still in play, and that it is wrong to lie, steal, commit adultery, covet, murder, dishonor your mother and father, worship idols etc. So what is Islam's excuse? They do not know the 10 commandments are still in play or they think they do not have to play by the rules?

It could be that maybe, there's a huge percentage of muslim who are illiterate and only believe what their Imams brainwash them into believing and doing, which is usually the will of that murderer Muhammad.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I'm telling everyone loud and clear right now,the writing is on the wall.We are being lulled into a false sense of security and we are presently living within the calm before a superstorm...

If we,western civilization,our people and our armies,navies and air forces do not stand together and take off our boxing gloves,the ones we wear while fighting modern wars,so we dont upset the enemy too much..

and if we do not put our military brass knuckles back onto our collective fists and relentlessly pound the muslims into utter submission with extreme prejudice,with the same solidarity,the same bravery, the same power and the same retaliatory force we used in world war-2 against germany and japan,we will live to deeply regret it...

Because the religiously warped muslims want to hold an entire city filled with millions of innocent people hostage with a very "real" nuclear bomb someday and as soon as they are able to,they will and they will have purchased it with our own oil money and that hell weapon will most likely be smuggled into an american city by a small group of jihadists not afraid to die and they will sacrifice themselves by setting it off,In The Name Of Allah!...

and millions of americans will be annihilated in an instant and millions more will suffer and die from radiation contamination soon after and that will ignite world war-3 and those two hells that they want to and will unleash upon us sooner or later,will make the gulf and afghanistan wars seem like two toddlers fighting in a sand box over candy...

Sword Of Islam > www.masada2000.org...

Tears Of Jihad > www.politicalislam.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Don't give me that male testosterone filled war must be answered with war rhetoric. In fact, all of this is probably caused by the war mongering males such as yourself among both sides. You men wage wars and we women have to sit around and patch up the society afterwards. In fact, here's my suggestion, why don't we put you men in a shuttle out to space so we can enjoy some peace and quiet for a change HMM?!

/end of feminist rant

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Can we not trivialize a serious problem by turning it into some kind of muslim bashing thread. It is a shame, that people choose to instead trash Islam or Christianity in this thread, instead of actually focusing on the issue of hand. It goes to show how primitive both Pakistani society is in many respects on the one hand and how primitive many members of ATS are on the other hand.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
reply to post by blocula

Don't give me that male testosterone filled war must be answered with war rhetoric. In fact, all of this is probably caused by the war mongering males such as yourself among both sides. You men wage wars and we women have to sit around and patch up the society afterwards. In fact, here's my suggestion, why don't we put you men in a shuttle out to space so we can enjoy some peace and quiet for a change HMM?!

/end of feminist rant
Theres been numerous women throughout history who have started many wars and who then sent their men off to die in them,many of the past queens of france,spain,england,russia,ect,ect and cleopatra and margaret thatcher in the falklands as well as others and dont forget the demented serial killer,the bloody countess elizabeth bathory,a real nice lady...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
its easy to point and mock another culture, but most men in the same situation would rather be as vengeful to a woman regarding honor and fractured images a man can preserve maintain and grow of woman than not. i know if i found my wife cheating or found out in a non direct fashion my wife/sister/brother/daughter broke an honor code; i would hope even in america that the repercussions of such an act be swift.

which country/person/people is/are so mature(read, dysfunctional) as to eclipse a natural emotive response to infidelity. even god in the bible cursed his children and found infidelity and dishonor chief amongst insults.

maybe i should bandwagon to experience my freedom instead of stating the obvious.

any mature person can and does recognize how infidelity destroys.

i didnt say any of this in condoning the behaviors of my human siblings of the east. honestly east/west/north/south makes no difference if all people everywhere are so immature as to postulate a natural reaction within a supposition that the way given is the way to take.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Five Muslim women beaten,tortured and then buried alive in Pakistan in the name of honor and in the name of Allah (satan,imo) the male mob murdered the women because they wanted to have love marriages.The three girls killed were "teenagers" aged 15-16 and the two elderly ladies were their "mothers" The ones who killed them were their "cousins"...

Extreme violence against women including acid attacks,rapes and murder are "common" in Pakistan...

Seriously...Where am i?...In hell?...This is diabolic insanity!...Are the Muslim men trying to turn our world into hell? Where muslims live,they already have turned it into a living hell a long time ago.Their trapped within their own self induced stone age...

5 Pakistani Muslim Women Buried Alive,Killed In The Name Of Honor > www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

No blocula no, none of what you could ever say could extinguish the amount of good work that NGO's, women's rights activists and the educated of those who live in Pakistan are doing everyday. These are people from all walks of life, they're Muslims, non-Muslims, atheists and pretty much anybody who wishes to help this country come out of the state its in. You know why? Because there are parts of Pakistan that don't get water, food, electricity or any of the things you take for granted. They don't even have proper education. Within their midst, they have the Taliban who noticing the lack of effort their gov brings to the table, have used those poor populations to come into their midst with their twisted rhetoric. They having noticed that the rich live happily while the poor do not, decided to get up and 'wage war' on the world of capitalists and what not, and the ignorance does nothing but assist them. Pakistanis have been fighting a war with Taliban on the side, while trying to improve the situation of their own people in the same time.

My suggestion to everyone here, if you are truly sincere about your concern for these people, do google some NGO's who work there, who's photos will tell you exactly what I'm talking about, and who's efforts would be all gone to waste in the event that such war mongering rhetorics get their way. Find statistics, find out if women are truly improving or not, do your own research. And when you decide to underline the bad in a society, try to underline some good as well, give credit where credit is due.

/end of non rant
edit on 23-3-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

The biggest problem is levels of citizens councils and grass roots enforcement of equality and basic human rights and dignities throughtout the world, from a global perspective, needs to be in place, but if its not grass roots run, half male, half female energies, hand in hand, with high level or good education for all citizens of this planet which includes training in helping others, being responsible, it wouldn't work. Also normal operations with most decisions has to be done regionally, because the potential for a takeover or NWO dictatorship is high. I kind of see the decision making powers only loosely held by the actual groups/committees/councils, but the real power, the real teeth, being in the hands of the watchdog citizens groups to toss all corrupt out, swiftly.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elliotmtl

I am saddened that you feel the way you do and have abandoned your faith, I am not sure where you believe that GOD has sent these women to hell?? Does God send children who are unsaved to hell because their mother had an abortion and murdered them ?? I think not, God knows who has and has not heard his message. You will not be doomed to hell for never hearing his word. The Bible is quite specific regarding this, perhaps you misunderstood. I pray that you find your way back to the Lord, I am certain that after all the time in the word you are a wonderful person.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Now that's funny
There are more women in government positions now than there ever was in history
and the world is just as f@#$ked if not more so, so why don't you keep that self righteous feminism at bay. Division of sexes or religions will not help the situation at all, in fact division of peoples is what cause war in the first place.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Extremism is ugly no matter what clothes it wears, what book it holds, or what color its face is.

2nd.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
I'm telling everyone loud and clear right now,the writing is on the wall.We are being lulled into a false sense of security and we are presently living within the calm before a superstorm...

If we,western civilization,our people and our armies,navies and air forces do not stand together and take off our boxing gloves,the ones we wear while fighting modern wars,so we dont upset the enemy too much..

and if we do not put our military brass knuckles back onto our collective fists and relentlessly pound the muslims into utter submission with extreme prejudice,with the same solidarity,the same bravery, the same power and the same retaliatory force we used in world war-2 against germany and japan,we will live to deeply regret it...

Because the religiously warped muslims want to hold an entire city filled with millions of innocent people hostage with a very "real" nuclear bomb someday and as soon as they are able to,they will and they will have purchased it with our own oil money and that hell weapon will most likely be smuggled into an american city by a small group of jihadists not afraid to die and they will sacrifice themselves by setting it off,In The Name Of Allah!...

and millions of americans will be annihilated in an instant and millions more will suffer and die from radiation contamination soon after and that will ignite world war-3 and those two hells that they want to and will unleash upon us sooner or later,will make the gulf and afghanistan wars seem like two toddlers fighting in a sand box over candy...

Sword Of Islam > www.masada2000.org...

Tears Of Jihad > www.politicalislam.com...

You DO realize that extremists "over there" say exactly the same things?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Why can't we just let everyone else live in relative peace and happiness?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If ever there were a need for sanctions then this would be it , if the country is run by men
then make them suffer for it until they completely outlaw the brutal treatment of women.

why did the west have he suffragete movement and not the east , why are these countries
still treating their women like animals , and justifyin these killings as Honourable.

How is killing your wife or your sister or your daughter or granddaughter honourable!

Pakistan is supposed to be civilised , they have nuclear arms yet they slaughter women
as though they were living in medievil times.

Im not for making innocents suffer , however our we cant sit idly by and allow a country
treat women this way. They are no better than animals, in fact they probably pay more respect to
the slaughter of their food than they do their women !

its a #ing disgrace !

If not islam and its a cultural thing , if thats what they class as culture , they need a wake up call
it's no wonder most people from pakistan want to leave and come to the west .

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

the point is that peoples feelings change , you cant help who you fall in love with!
if your family arrange your marriage what happens then ! Have those women to suffer
a lifetime of unhappiness because they were forced to marry someone they dont know or even have anything in common with just for the name of honour.

People should be free to love whoever they please. If they cheat on a husband then so be it , they will suffer personal guilt if they have truly broken someones heart because of it .They shouldnt be put to death , guilt is a great burden , a family should not be destroyed by honour killings , where is the honour in taking someones life because they wanted to leave a person because they dont love them.

Does the same thing happen to men in Pakistan if they cheat on their wives?
oh right yeh , men can have up to four wives as long as he treats them fairly and equally.

Seems fair right !

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
www.chron.com...

And conversely:

www.chron.com...
edit on 23-3-2012 by Copperflower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join