It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 1,000 Pakistan women 'killed for honour'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Sounds like a wonderful start.

Now, what do they say when they get back to their mosques?

What do they say to the fathers they counsel?

What kind of evidence is there . . . that this declaration is not merely

yet ANOTHER example of Islamists

following the founding documents' exhortations to lie and deceive until they have sufficient power and control over a region or culture to exact revenge and Shariah law in all it's brutality and ruthlessness?

Sounds nice.

Let them keep their Shariah law hands off our laws.

edit on 23/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: an addition

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
Sounds like a wonderful start.

Now, what do they say when they get back to their mosques?

What do they say to the fathers they counsel?

The same thing? Why would it be any different?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm curious, were any men killed for committing honor crimes?

Or, is it only women that get killed ?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

. . . and passive wishy-washy-ism

looks away while fathers murder their daughters.

As a Texan might say . . .

There's nothing in the middle of the road but a yellow stripe and dead armadillos.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

The same thing? Why would it be any different?

Because . . . it is a historic strategy of Islam

to say anything and do anything to facilitate Islam becoming rooted and accepted

in a culture, nation, people group

UNTIL SUCH TIME as the population and/or power factors support WHOLESALE

and thorough ISLAMIC SHARIA LAW and practices.

Such strategies are formalized even in the founding documents even praising lying in such regards.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I would say that if a person kills someone, then yes he deserves to be killed. I call it justice. And that's what Sharia Law says.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Would it help to point out things such as:

Controversy surrounding the Shafia murder trial prompted imams from across Canada and the U.S. to issue a moral ruling Saturday officially condemning honour killings, domestic violence and misogyny as "un-Islamic."

Thirty-four imams belonging to the Islamic Supreme Council of Canada, including a handful of American members, signed the fatwa in an effort to counter misinterpretations of the Qur'an, they said.

www.ctv.ca...

No intrepid, it won't help. The haters will still continue their mindless Jihad. Facts don't matter. C'mon dude, you should know this by now.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157
Why can't we just let everyone else live in relative peace and happiness?

So . . . .where did you find

such mortals . . . so saintly as to devote themselves only and totally to such lofty goals and ways?

I haven't met any.

The fathers murdering their daughters don't qualify, certainly.

Do their wives? Do their mothers?

Their brothers certainly join in on the bloody mayhem. And often videos show women cheering from the sidelines--mothers even.

Sooooo, what evidence is there that such people would ever come close to putting such lofty values high enough in their ranking to make a difference to such daughters?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Culture is not religion. Honor killings have been standard practice all over the world throughout history. The only catch is that most of the world saw how barbaric and utterly stupid they are and moved past them, while many cultures in the Middle East still see them as standard practice.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

If not islam and its a cultural thing , if thats what they class as culture , they need a wake up call
it's no wonder most people from pakistan want to leave and come to the west .

Well put post. Thanks.

However, this whole IT'S CULTURE--NOT RELIGION wail is farcical.

Yes, such practices were in the culture before Islam.

Soooooo . . . is the claim that . . . . Islam fell out of the sky pristine and perfect?

[I realize that IS somewhat the cliam]

Odd, then, that . . . the tribal demonic moon god symbol is still used with the same demonic moon god's name.

Spare me the rant about how "That's not true." Fair-minded research is more than conclusive on that score.

In other words . . . THE HISTORIC TRIBAL RELIGION(s) of the region where Islam arose--PLAYED AN ENORMOUS PART in the formation, design, doctrines of Islam.

Actually, Mohammed was counseled by his relatives and cohorts that given his desire to get wealthy, become powerful and control vast peoples and lands--

THE BEST WAY TO DO SO WAS FORM A NEW RELIGION. He agreed.

Trying to separate out the culture of that era from the religion is absurd. They are intricately and inexorably woven together from the founding day to this.

Further, I see NO SIGNIFICANT Muslim leadership effort making the slightest dent in such horrific practices, values, customs, RELIGIOUS DUTIES etc.

The only thing that seems to work is for individuals and families to convert

or

TO BECOME LESS ISLAMIC, LESS MUSLIM, LESS RELIGIOUS.

THEN more daughters grow up to become mothers.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I lived in China long enough to know of arranged marriages that worked.

However, I much prefer the option to choose!

And, yeah, men don't seem nearly as often to get punished.

Maybe it's the old boy's RELIGIOUS CLUB. LOL.

Sigh.

Hey gang, I need to do some chores around the place.

Thanks for playing.

Have fun. May we all Learn something, I hope.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I'm a bit puzzled.

Is that your best response to the facts I replied with?

Have you read the history of such?

Have you studied about the facts I presented?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

BTW, If you are accusing me of being a "hater" of Muslims, you are wrong.

I hate some Muslim

PRACTICES . . . such as fathers killing daughters.

I don't hate the Muslims.

I don't even waste hate on Hillary.

I rarely even feel hate toward satan.

It's just not an emotion or attitude I get into.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
However, this whole IT'S CULTURE--NOT RELIGION wail is farcical.

OK, I'll play. I mentioned "machismo" back a ways. Seems no one wanted to check it out. No prob, I've got it for you:

Attorney General of Guatemala Claudia Paz states, “Violence against women and gender-based violence is one of the biggest problems of our country”. According to Amnesty International, nearly 2,000 cases of female homicide occurred between 2001 and 2004, and that is only the number of cases that had been reported, or confirmed by the authorities. However, more troubling than the numbers is the violence involved: women are often sexually assaulted, mutilated, and tortured before being murdered.

www.socialsciencenews.org...

2000 cases. Double of what is mentioned about Islam in this thread. Let's look at the religious leanings of this country:

www.nationsencyclopedia.com...

Oooo, Christian. Sure you want to stick with, "However, this whole IT'S CULTURE--NOT RELIGION wail is farcical"?

ETA: That's how you introduce "facts". With links and such.

edit on 23-3-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I'm curious, were any men killed for committing honor crimes?

Or, is it only women that get killed ?

Its only women. They are treated worse than animals in these countries.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by elliotmtl
Christians used to behave just as badly, it's just that they've had 2000-ish years to get their stuff together and Muslims have only had 1400.

Religion isn't the problem, it's just the excuse that cruel people use to justify their behavior.

What a stupid excuse. The Koran says it's okay to beat your wife (can't hit her in face or leave marks). The Bible simply doesn't allow it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

The Bible simply doesn't allow it.

Sorry to correct you here but if the woman is a slave she most certainly is encouraged to be beaten.

If a woman happens not to be a virgin when you look on wedding night you can kill here etc

The bibles happen to be the most misogynistic books handed out to children as a moral compass

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has jumped on here and tried to blame Mossad or the CIA. Surely, Muslims can't be responsible for any of the violence in the world. It's the "Religion of Peace" after all.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

No its not just women, because honor killing isn't about subjugating women, its about defending a family's honor. If a family feels that their honor has been tainted, they will get up and kill the person who they feel is guilty of tainting it. This extends to the homosexuals among the populace as well.

Refer to: Wikipedia entry on 'honor killings'

And the justice system of the country they live in, usually shows sympathy for people who value their honor and consequently gives the people involved a lessened sentence. However, in some Muslim countries like Turkey for example, the sentence is life in prison, and although still applied, people find a way to do whatever they please.
edit on 23-3-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
reply to post by nightbringr

No its not just women, because honor killing isn't about subjugating women, its about defending a family's honor. If a family feels that their honor has been tainted, they will get up and kill the person who they feel is guilty of tainting it. This extends to the homosexuals among the populace as well.

Refer to: Wikipedia entry on 'honor killings'

And the justice system of the country they live in, usually shows sympathy for people who value their honor and consequently gives the people involved a lessened sentence. However, in some Muslim countries like Turkey for example, the sentence is life in prison, and although still applied, people find a way to do whatever they please.
edit on 23-3-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

Funny then how it always end up the women who pay.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join