It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trade Professional (RE: Ancient Monuments): "I can not build even one wall. Here's a theory."

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by ipsedixit

I was being sardonic ! Marble is fairly 'soft' anyway

Very Mediterranean, very Greek. One of the reasons I love that area. Feisty fiery people, who don't take anyone too seriously.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Why is it so hard for people to accept the Ancient peoples testimony!

It's scary that most people really don't know just how much influence the AA truth has on our World.
Look at Freemasonary, it is built on the belief that Extraterrestrials have visited this World and left behind evidence in architecture, and symbology.
Look at the people who have been Freemasons and how much influence they have had, and have, on our Planet!

Washington D.C is a place like no other. Understand the symbolism and where it goes.

People on both sides of the fence need to stop pride fighting. It shows how immature and backwards most of the Human race is! It's more about who is right than the importance of the subject matter!

We the Human race right now are stuck at this junction of commitment to the truth. The Ancient peoples of the World have given us the answers.
Just imagine how different our World would be if we accepted, and embraced, the word of our ancestors.

I think we can all agree that the Ancients were far,far, more advanced than we give them credit for, so why can't we also take their testimony as truth?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

This is a very well thought out thread. It's also a great theory that is very plausible. Great job. I happen to agree with you. I think their have been many lost civilizations and forgotten ancestors through-out mans evolution. I also think they have been driven to extinction several times as you pointed out in your OP. I even believe that humankind has achieved a similar if not more advanced technology than we see today, sometime in our forgotten past.

Yet, with all this, I still don't think that any of these probable theories takes away or diminishes the Ancient Alien theory. Just because humanity has cycled through several antediluvian phases, that could have reached an advanced scientific and technological level, doesn't lessen the possibility that aliens may have visited us sometime in the past.

The Universe is old enough and so vast that it likely that we are not alone. There is compelling evidence to suggest that this era, this eon of time, we may be being visited by intelligences that are not human. The time of Atlantis is said to have had advanced technology.

I agree with your theory, but I disagree that the this probability disproves or interferes with the Ancient Aliens Theory. Star and Flag for you. Great thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Hello Asktheanimals. Thank you for participating in this thread, and thanks for the kind critiqué. It's nice to hear fellow machinists with similar views about our ancient megalithic sites, thanks for the added affirmation.

reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

Thank you OldCurmudgeon, for taking the time to reply and for sharing some of your stone masonry experiences and knowledge. I believe your father and gradfather are right; The megalithic sites are works of advanced precision, not crudely constructed by cave-dwelling ignoramuses wielding stone or bronze tools. Thanks again.

reply to post by notquiteright

notquiteright, I'm glad you learned something new from this thread. There are many other fine examples that I did not mention. Some basic research of "Out-of-Place Artifacts" will reveal tons of discoveries that have been hushed by academia. Take care.

reply to post by w3nd1g0

Hey there w3nd1g0. The world of programming is wonderful. Software and machines can accomplish consistent and accurate machining repetition. It sure would be exhaustive and time consuming to measure, calculate, and conceptualize each stone by hand. And that's only they planning stage! I'm glad nowadays we can just 'plug and chug' some dimensions into a computer

reply to post by plube

Hello plube. This thread is indeed a theory. There are too many unknowns and uncertainties about our distant past. With the tid-bits of accumulated knowledge I've ran into so far, the premiss of this tread just feels more natural and probable to me. I do humbly admit that the A.A. theory is plausible and thus far unfalsifiable. Thanks for the reply.

reply to post by nineix

Very cool reply, and thank you. The fact the these ancient sites exist proves that such feats can actually be accomplished. If we continue on the path of our current development without any global cataclysms in the near future, I believe that we will soon devise proven methods to match and surpass the capabilities of the megalithic builders. Until then we're still playing catch up.

reply to post by ImaMuslim

Assalamu alaikum, rah'matulahi wa'barakatu ImaMuslim. Jazak'Allahu khair for the Qur'anic versus describing past annihilated civilizations. Cultures all over the world have such tales of destruction. May Peace be upon you akhi.

reply to post by g146541

Hello g146541. I'm glad you enjoyed the thread and the pics
And yes, there is an infinite amount of neat things out there.

reply to post by OzTiger

You raise some good points there OzTiger. It is almost as if these monuments were built with the specific intention to exist for as long as possible, rather than for ease, efficiency, or common use.

reply to post by kingofmd

Hello kingofmd. The television productions "Aftermath: Population Zero" and "Life After People" greatly illustrates how fast a modern civilization can disappear into time. Thanks for the nice reply.

reply to post by pheonix358

Hi pheonix358. Our ancient ancestors leaving the planet... returning later to be thought of as gods to the earthly humans going through an age of ignorance... nice theory. This could give an alternative interpretation as to why certain star systems were important to our ancestors... such as Orion, Zeta Reticuli, and Sirius? Perhaps our ancient advanced ancestors built megalithic monuments aligned to the star systems that they were going to? More fun food for thought

reply to post by Flavian

Right on Flavian! I also fear that too much destruction, corrosion, decay, and change has taken away our ancient coastal civilizations. Along with the modern Indian and Japanese tsunamis, don't forget about the destruction caused by the levee failure in New Orleans from Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Just as with our own lives, the earth and the universe will continue to change. Peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Hello kingofmd. The television productions "Aftermath: Population Zero" and "Life After People" greatly illustrates how fast a modern civilization can disappear into time. Thanks for the nice reply.

A very misleading program, it looked at what an untrained person without archaeological skills would see if looking around in the open. Archaeologically our civilization will show up for 100s of millions of years - until the crust is subducted and even then our items in space will still be there.

If you doubt that - why can we find fossils?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Awesome thread. Very well put together and out of all the theories that I have up in the air, and after much research, my thoughts echo yours.

This is the theory which I have started thinking is probably what is really going on. As you mention, this is a very consistent theory in that it explains a lot of things without contradictions. I still think there is something to the alien phenomenon but for me some of these "extraterrestrial visitors" are really some sort of beings which are accessible from other states of awareness i.e. through meditation or trance induced by relaxation or drumming as the shamans have done throughout history.

Any actual physical encounters in my opinion could be an elite group of humans testing new UFO type aircraft, mind control drugging of victims etc as you say yourself.

Thanks for your effort in putting this all together. Some of the details I hadn't heard before and they were great!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

where the Denisovas and Neanderthals running the nuke plants in the previous ages? you said earlier that there have been other technologically similar times to these now, so where do these earlier forms of humans fit in with that?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

A very misleading program, it looked at what an untrained person without archaeological skills would see if looking around in the open. Archaeologically our civilization will show up for 100s of millions of years - until the crust is subducted and even then our items in space will still be there.

there would also be the residue from our filthy lifestyles using oil and nuclear. Where are all the ancient Hoover Dams?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

And this is where the Antekythrera Mechanism and submerged structures from the pre-glacial melt ties in. Nature and mankind has done one hell of a job destroying traces of our past. I'm only making rational conceptualizations based upon the sparse evidence that we have.

our civilization will show up for 100s of millions of years - until the crust is subducted and even then our items in space will still be there.

Then why are we having such a hard time piecing together historical certainties beyond 10,000 years? My imagination isn't playing tricks on me. These megalithic sites exist. They were built with precision, and assembled on site with precision. People who built such masterpieces... and we don't know much about their history or methods. All we have is sparse evidence and logical speculation.

Do you realize that if a single hair, a single grain of sand, or a single surface imperfection is between any of the stones, that minute particle will throw off the entire qualification of precision? And we are talking on a megalithic scale.

Not to mention the cosmological alignments of many megalithic sites. Such cyclical alignments would have taken the span of multiple generations to observe. And also the implementation of advanced mathematics into the actual architecture of many of the sites.

That sculpture is a beautiful masterpiece! It is breathtaking. Star for that one.

This is a free-flowing stroke of genius. Genius can strike any random individual at any random moment in time.

But we are still talking about megalithic stones assembled precisely. Ropes, straps, and sand ramps will leave debris in-between the stones, voiding the precision fit.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

there would also be the residue from our filthy lifestyles using oil and nuclear. Where are all the ancient Hoover Dams?

Even from observing the traditional cultures and societies around our world, we see that independent cultures develop differently. WE are advanced, wasteful, and dirty/destructive. There is no reason to set our standards to our ancestors when our own known cultures developed differently around the world.

Past cycles could have been advanced, peaceful, nature lovers. The majority of our past is destroyed. Who really knows anything for sure?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Nice thread and the point that there were advance civilizations before that went down and rose up is greatly explained. There are indeed technologies that the ancients used that we do not know anymore. However, you stopped analyzing at the point where the ancient civilizations also have incredible technologies to explain those megastructures. You should have continued your analysis and asked the question, how did they get to learn of those advanced technologies in their time? A gift from the aliens is not out of the equation.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Picture bandwith exceeded....

Will fix asap. Sorry about the mess. Goodnight all.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Picture bandwith exceeded....

Will fix asap. Sorry about the mess. Goodnight all.

Excellent thread. Your tool and die quality is obvious for all to see. That is a learned skill? A masters craft? For those who don't understand CNC machining, the materials, speeds and feeds, the programming and "to a tenth" tolerances, well there is no explaining it in laymen's terms. It takes years of apprentice, journey man and master training and experience to arrive where you are. I wished I had studied that skill instead of computers, I would still have a job.

The how they do that of accent construction is difficult for us to fathom viewing as we do through our contemporary domain eyes. But given enough generations of training, time, coupled with trial and error, it is possible. It has to be, we see the results before us. The Ancients would be as stymied with your machine and how to work it as we are with their processes.

What I want to know is who built the machine that does this:

Hexagonal cell structures built by workers out of self manufactered materials with little to no training…

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sorry no flag or star for you; this post is just a highlight reel; reduced from all of the best posts at the ongoing thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com... Why didn't you just add your thought to that thread? Instead of taking every ones thoughts from that thread; and compiling them all in a new thread as your own? That's a pretty shameful thing for you to do.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Darkchemistry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Hanslune... if I may... are you an archeologist? and if so, what is your area?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Can you please provide an example of where such extreme precision has been found throughout a structure?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Excellent post sir. Well thought out, researched, and presented. I am sure you went to much time and effort to present your hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
i work in construction and i know some of those blocks in the old temples and such cant be done with rock tools we use dimond blades to cut concrete and other stuff you cant make strait perfict cuts like that without machinery period !

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Wow, awesome thread! Would like to re-read it with the pictures if possible. Never even knew you were interested in these things, but hey, this is a conspiracy website huh?

I have a question for you now though, say either idea is true; that there previously were unknown advanced civilizations who built these structures, or there was some alien involvement, how does this change your perspective on life and does it change who you are?

Peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I was a machinist early on in my career. I first started in an automotive machine shop and specialized in engine crankshaft grinding, later on I went into industrial machining. I live in Alaska so most of that work was oilfield related. I worked mostly in a vavle shop where we rebuilt compressor vavles. These valves are not like a typical automotive vavle, they had a flat surface on one side and on the other plates for sealing and springs that put pressure on the plates. I also reconditioned carbide seals for rotating equipement. These seals are rings of carbide that had precision surfaces to make the seal. To measure the flatness of the surface we use optical flat and a monochromatic light source. The resulting image was then used to determine flatness to 0.0000116" although that accuracy was rarely required and seldom obtained, more realistically an accuracy of 0.0000464" was common. Anyway both the valves and seals were reconditioned on a lapping table, a rotating table that used a slurry of oil and an abrasive grit to wear the surface flat. I went through all that to say that maybe they had a big version of a lapping table to flaten the huge blocks, although that only covers a small part how these things were built, it would explain how the precision is obtained on the big flat surfaces and that it really wouldn't be that hard to do so. I'm a new poster so let me see if I can give a couple links,Seal face flatness readings and this link explaining the measurement techniques.Measurement techniques This wiki link gives some pictures and more info on the processLapping tables I suspect that these blocks are not as hard as carbide to cut but my theory certainly does not explain how the inside corners are cut at say the Puma Punku ruins. Anyway take what you will from this. I can only add from my expirience a small part of the possible techniques used.
So it is concievable that ancient man could make a flat surface, no need for alien technology in that respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join