It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trade Professional (RE: Ancient Monuments): "I can not build even one wall. Here's a theory."

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Very, very valid point! Thank you for joining the discussion.

I'm not saying anything is impossible. Academia says people who were still in the stone and bronze age made these structures. You can't cut these materials with bronze. I'm saying the structures were made with knowledge existing from before the last ice age, and the information has been purposefully suppressed from us. It makes more sense to me than Ancient Aliens or cavemen building them.

It took us all the way to our present era to understand much of the engineering, mathematics, science, and cosmology associated with the ancient sites. Why is it that we have been playing catch up to the ancient megalithic builders?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
With repsect to the toba bottleneck heres a good article about it,
frontiers-of-anthropology.blogspot.com...
It covers both the pros and cons, personally I believe the toba bottleneck to be a statistical " mirrage" so to speak.
I've have seen a very convincing argument against it, but that would be enough for a whole other thread.
And those who say we can't do what the ancients did of course we can, it is just a matter of cost and reasons to.
A couple of weeks ago we had a walk in from a railroad construction crew that had discovered a design flaw in their brand spanking new machine of some sort. T
he head mech. identified the problem part and while his parts ran on the cnc lathe, he told me about when he worked on a derailment crew. They had a train derail on Tejon pass through the tehachapi mtns. in Ca. very rugged terrain indeed.

A shot of the world famous tehachepi loop.
Any way s train derailed down one of the hills and the,had to haul loaded box cars 1 mile down,hill to the next level of track, they did this with 2 crawler cranes and twin lifted them and crawled them suspended between the cranes downhill, over the terrain in the photo
A loaded box car.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by OwenGP185

Very, very valid point! Thank you for joining the discussion.

I'm not saying anything is impossible. Academia says people who were still in the stone and bronze age made these structures. You can't cut these materials with bronze. I'm saying the structures were made with knowledge existing from before the last ice age, and the information has been purposefully suppressed from us. It makes more sense to me than Ancient Aliens or cavemen building them.

It took us all the way to our present era to understand much of the engineering, mathematics, science, and cosmology associated with the ancient sites. Why is it that we have been playing catch up to the ancient megalithic builders?

I do understand what you are getting at, I just believe technology works both ways. Humans improvise, we use the best tools and understandings available to us, we unfortunately have lost a great amount of those understandings especially in the Western world. How many of us even know how to survive on a stranded island, I bet a "primitive" animal could, yet us Westerners would not last a month. Why would suc a primitive species survive over us humans, it is simply they have different understandings and experiences on this Earth. We as humans are to ignorant, we are not he most intelligent, we are just the best at living with our failures.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

Wow. Great story, and wonderful picture. Thank you very much for sharing that with us.

If it took 2 crawler cranes to lift and carry 1 loaded boxcar over rugged terrain... it almost gives me a headache to imagine our ancestors doing that with enormous mega-ton stones. Such feats push our limits today, and our ancient ancestors did it on large monumental scales. Can you imagine crawler cranes being used to carry the mega-ton stones of Machu Picchu?

Stones weighing tens of tons were carried almost 8,000 feet to the tops of the Andean Mountains in Peru. The structures were built without mortar or other bounding agents. Stones weighing tons, stacked and interconnected seamlessly. The advanced architecture of Machu Picchu has survived wind gusts and earthquakes for hundreds of years. It's remarkable really.

There was great knowledge in the Americas. In my opinion, it was destroyed and suppressed by conquistadors, colonists, the papacy, and various missionaries.

edit on 3/23/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

What exactly are you saying?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The facts are that is that ancient man was far more advanced than is commonly believed. The stone work, building and logistical methods in South America, Africa and Asia are proof of this. Their methods were so different that it causes much mystery in our 'modern' times.

Man has been on this planet for million and millions of years. It is time to accept the notion and explore the great possibility that we only know a small fraction of our past which is vague beyond 6000 years. If the world history was a library, what we know about our past would take up the space on a one page news letter in the trash.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Well done. I even saved the page just in case. I'm worried the web could go down at any time. I'm e-paranoid. The first step in faked alien invasion will be to turn off all the internetz so tptb have complete control over the info available. That way the naysayers will never have a chance to be heard unless they take out to the streets yelling out conspiracy theories with a sign written on cardboard like some crazy homeless guy... I can think of a few movies where that character ends up being the one who was right the whole time or a prophet for the next set of myths in the next modern age.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This has been such a facinating thread so far...wonderful job! I started reading about 3 hours ago and haven't been able to pull myself away....lol, skipped dinner, it is after 9pm here.

Certainly very advanced tecnology was used by ancient peoples, and we know the Earth has undergone many radical changes so it makes perfect sense that much of that tecnology would have been lost. The jury is still out for me about how aliens may have influenced ancient man, but I lean toward thinking they do exist.

I am also very skeptical about just "why" so much information is in the public arena lately reguarding aliens? This whole "false alien envasion" theory is really bizzare! After 911 nothing would surprise me anymore, what I don't get is that if we are "due" for the "big one" , and it sure seems TPTB are preparing themselves for survival, why even bother with a NWO? Most would die, they go underground or into space, problem solved, right?

The good news would be maybe we have more time left then we think and having people so distracted and worried about "doomsday" that a "false alien invasion" might actually be enough to once and for all bring about a NWO, people would be convinced that somehow our only hope for survival would be a one world government?

Like others have said, MSM would be taken over, lol, even more than it already is, communications shut down, and probably marshall law too. My boyfriend, a very smart guy with electrical back ground told me a theory once, it went over my head to a large degree, maybe he will join this thread and explain it better. But basically a possible reason for all the "chemtrails" we're seeing lately and evidence to support high amounts of aluminum ( i think ) possibly some other metal particules in the by products of these "chemtrails" may have something to do with being able to project holographs in the sky?

Can you imagine what would happen if mass's of people all over the world starting seeing "scarey" stuff in the sky at the same time? What would they pick, aliens, devils, gods, Jesus Christ himself? People would be terrified, and even knowing what I know, it would sure freak me out and I really have no idea how I would react other than to hopefully try and stay calm and be a voice of reason to those around me.

Again, great post, sorry for jumping around, just so much to think about ! I will end by saying this I'm still holding out hope that the "true" creator, the one who so brilliantly gave life and scared geometry to this universe, including aliens, I think, has our backs, lol.....miracles are all around us that have nothing to do with tecnology...and spirituality is somehow very important in all this

edit on 24-3-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by voodmon

I believe in reincarnation, I believe in many things that are not accepted in this time. I know that I have been here before. In this lifetime I have become a carpenter, it has been an easy thing to do without training. Most of us, well our souls at least have been here before, these marvelous creations found all over this earth of ours? were not built by us per se. I love this topic Was reading Sitchin and Hancock before I had a Pc and other stuff. I have no doubt in my mind that we have been wiped off this earth 82 times over a period of of 150 million years and somehow once again are back again to do it again..as in wipe ourselves out again, the bagjavita has pics in it for gods sake, the space port at giza was wiped out with nukes, the space port in lebenon exists to this day and now we have the white pyramids in china and Albania. Pyramids all over the earth and we are only 5000bc old? excuse me..Those stones in the Andes arranged the way they are, the nascar plain, those lines had to have been seen from above, the chalk lines where I grew up outside of oxford england on those hills had to have been created from above. How can we, on the verge of anniliating one another once again deny this common ground? Perhaps even though we have been here for over 180 million years, we still have not learned yet, perhaps we are that tadpole in that fishtank of something far greater than us, and we are just an experiment in someone elses think tank, perhaps just given existen for a day in their time. And those beings are still wondering? How can we make this experiment right? They keep on killing themselves and everything around them. A shutdown and restart is needed? tail waggs the dog... Not into dogs, like cats, this obsession with dogs worries me too. cheers all.. my 2 cents. I'm getting old and can see, if you know what I mean, It's not about eyesight, just the seer thing..G'night

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I often pondered on how the ancients built such amazingly accurate and tight fitting blocked walls, and there are many theories, thanks for all of your knowledge in your areas of expertise! great post

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10
With repsect to the toba bottleneck heres a good article about it,
frontiers-of-anthropology.blogspot.com...
It covers both the pros and cons, personally I believe the toba bottleneck to be a statistical " mirrage" so to speak

The specific "Toba Eruption" may or may not have contributed to a massive die-off in the global human population. That part of it is a theory.

However, population bottlenecks and shrinking genetic variability is definitely found within the collective human gene pool, as concluded by geneticists.

Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam date to different time periods. This also highlights mass human die-offs and genetic bottlenecks.

The genetic bottlenecks in our genes is a fact. The events speculated to have caused them is the theory.

edit on 3/24/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Err, what evidence do you have that said stones were not 'quarried' from that hilltop itself? The Inca tended to use land slides instead of formal quarries for their stones. Can you point to where these stones came from if not the top of a mountain made of stone....

Book on Machu Picchu: page 59, stone work
edit on 24/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

Edited to add

This book identifies what type of stone was used, mainly in situ granite

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hey Hanslune... I was curious if you are an archeologist? If so, what area?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmere

Teachers that have the courage to step out of the bounds of academia in the spirit of truth and logical reasoning should be commended! Thanks for the reply.

reply to post by Bob Down Under

I appreciate the weigh-in Bob Down Under. Personally, I acknowledge our history in the millions of years also. Homo Sapien Sapien is only man in its present form. That's why it's called 'mankind,' as in 'kind of man.' Homo Sapien Sapien is not the first man. We have a very long history. I like your opinion about aliens having a limited mission during the second half of the 20th century. I appreciate such theories. Personally, I do believe that there are vast multitudes of life sprawled throughout the universe. Macroscopically, microscopically, and to varying degrees of what we term 'intelligence.' However, I don't think we have met any space travelers yet. Just my opinion though. Thanks for the reply.

reply to post by barmyfluid

Thanks for bringing up the great point of the modern sacking of Babylon! Yes, I do remember when U.S. forces first began to occupy Babylon. Nice theory about ancient tech and gold. I don't think the U.S. has a leg to stand on with a "We are protecting the antiquities," defense. There has been much intentional and unintentional damage to the ancient city. And then to consider the massive looting of museums, storage facilities, and the actual sites themselves! Another sad moment for history. Maybe the U.S. went to Babylon to look for ancient knowledge. Maybe they went there to destroy and suppress Babylonian knowledge so that it will be lost to the future generations, as a continuation of creating a global amnesia of our ancient past. It's hard to know for sure.

reply to post by TheLastStand

Hello there TheLastStand. You sure know your stuff! Yes, we can do all of those things you've mentioned. However, we then must consider the massive weights, and the megalithic sizes involved with the ancient monuments. Couple that with their usage of precise math and cosmology. Theoretically, yes, modern man could plausibly build a replica of a megalith to-scale. But it would take an unimaginable wealth... a massive workforce of expert masons, engineers, architects, mathematicians, cosmologists, land surveyors, machine operators, laborers, construction crews.... it would take more people and more wealth than anything modern man has yet created. And it would take a lot of time. See how far it pushes our limits? We are only just now catching up to the ancients. That says a lot. Thank you very much for contributing your technological understandings.

reply to post by EvanB

Thanks you EvanB for sharing the ancient watery destruction of your area. There are many fossils of fish, shellfish, whales, and other marine life found inland and even on hillsides. Scary when you really wrap your mind around it! Some are from a time when the oceans and seas were spread differently, but some are from sudden catastrophic tsunamis and related events. The K-T Boundary is another reminder of ancient global destruction.

reply to post by Storm88Trooper

Hello Storm88Trooper. Too bad your account got banned before I got a chance to reply. I am very familiar with all of those ancient Caucasian mummies you mentioned, as well as the genetic testing. Even the Japanese have legends of a fair-skinned, blue-eyed ruling elite. I don't yet feel comfortable making any definite opinion or theory about the who, why, or how regarding these ancient caucasoids. That's why I didn't mention them in the op. For all I know, the mythology regarding the ancient Aryans may be true. I just don't have enough personal knowledge on the entire topic. With that said, the theory you presented actually has a plausible foundation to build on. We just need more archeological information to surface before anyone can make any definitive statements. Thank you for the alternative perspective.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

I was trained to be archaeological researcher, but I did work as a Mayanist and in the ME Bronze age, and later on Cypriote BA archaeology. However I was lured away by another career early on but remain an interested amateur ever since

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

I was trained to be archaeological researcher, but I did work as a Mayanist and in the ME Bronze age, and later on Cypriote BA archaeology. However I was lured away by another career early on but remain an interested amateur ever since

Very good... I'm an amature also with formal education far away in other fields... and don't feel bad as we all have been lured away from our first love by $$ huh?

BTW... my grandparents were 'charter members' in some "ancient mayan society" in the 50s... ever heard of it?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I honestly appreciate your contribution to this thread. Iron sharpens Iron. Thank you.

Ok, I made an honest mistake about Machu Picchu. There is an on-site quarry.

However, we are still talking about working on the nearly 8,000 feet slopes of mountains. We're still talking about mega-ton granite being worked with on the slopes of mountains. Such architecture that was purposefully designed to withstand seismic activity. Megalithic monuments built with near-precision contact surface fitting, and without any bonding agents at all.... no mortar, cement, welding, not even super glue

Very, very impressive feat!

Europeans come to the "New World".... speak Spanish! Stop speaking your native language! Let us burn all of your books! We will give you Bibles in return. Stop speaking of Quatzequatel and Pacal. We want you to tell us stories of Mother Mary and Jesus! Sadly, the people lose their ancient cultures, traditions, and knowledge.

Then a couple centuries pass and academia proclaims: The natives of America were uncivilized, barbaric, idiots.

Now here we are marveling at their ancient monuments, but expected to believe savages built such structures?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

However, we are still talking about working on the nearly 8,000 feet slopes of mountains.

Machu is at an elevation of 8,000 feet, It is located in mountains so it height about the river valley below is not that great BOH I don't know that elevation

We're still talking about mega-ton granite being worked with on the slopes of mountains. Such architecture that was purposefully designed to withstand seismic activity. Megalithic monuments built with near-precision contact surface fitting, and without any bonding agents at all.... no mortar, cement, welding, not even super glue

Yes, they were quite skillful

[Quote]Europeans come to the "New World".... speak Spanish! Stop speaking your native language! Let us burn all of your books! We will give you Bibles in return. Stop speaking of Quatzequatel and Pacal. We want you to tell us stories of Mother Mary and Jesus! Sadly, the people lose their ancient cultures, traditions, and knowledge.

Europeans and others did that to themselves and others, as did Asians to Asians, Africans to Africans etc, see history of the Welsh, Irish, etc

Then a couple centuries pass and academia proclaims: The natives of America were uncivilized, barbaric, idiots.

I know of no modern academic who makes that type of claim, what I do see is a lot of fringe making that claim against academia, I'm not really sure where or what the claim is based on.

Now here we are marveling at their ancient monuments, but expected to believe savages built such structures?

Who is it that you think wants you to believe they are savages?? This is a complete disconnect from any modern book of anthropology or archaeology that I'm aware of; you might find such a view, which is religious and racially based, from earlier in history.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It is an extremely sensitive subject, yes. If what I say is "fringe," can you please explain why Spanish and Catholisim are widespread in Central and Southern America? Who destroyed the vast amounts of books and codecies? Please explain the detachment of the Natives of the Americas from their ancient roots of knowledge upon colonization.

I mean no blame or disrespect.

People on every scale of "good" and "evil" have influenced mankind. Regardless of our ancestory, we are us, and the past is done. Nothing but hoped Peace forward.

P.S.
A part of this theory is the deliberate destruction and supression of knowledge by some individuals. It has nothing to do with race or religion. Supression of knowledge occured globally throughout all cultures to some degree or another.

edit on 3/24/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join