It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is How the Ancients Moved, Cut and Engraved Great Blocks with Such Precision. No Aliens, sorry.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+96 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have always enjoyed reading Von Daniken when I was young. The Idea of ancient megalith builders using alien technology and ancient visitors to earth thousands and thousands of years is so fascinating to fathom. There is no evidence to disprove that ancient aliens played a hand in our past. The bible and many other religions can be interpreted in such a way that it would make more sense that these 'angelic beings' were actually advanced, physical race that did intervene from space or ?

The ancient precise structures found around the world were built by advanced men using methods forgotten to us. A technology not like our own, a more natural technology using forces already present. Anything from sonic acoustic tech to hydro/water/wind/sun tech, these structures had nothing to do with aliens but has everything to do with a lost history of mankind that supported a level of technology that was not recorded in history. To assume that they were made by aliens is an amazing compliment to our ancient relatives who did build these structures. I am sure they would have a great laugh.

Using a natural technology forgotten or discarded by us that wouldn't leave much evidence such as sound and light could very well explain as to why we are puzzled as to how ancients sites were constructed in the past.

So how did they moved and cut such great stones with modern like precision?

Here is a theory as to how they cut the stone. They used sound. Tuning forks, vibration, sonic drilling, acoustic levitation to name a few. This isnt magical science or alien tech at all and could be achieved using ancient methods and materials.

Sonic drilling.
This is from NASA.

How would the ancients have achieved this? Tuning forks and vibrating metal. Quite simple and the materials needed were in use in those times

You can’t drill and shape stones as you would metal or wood, especially hard stones like granite, because they are made of extremely hard mineral particles that overheat and wear down the tool bit.

Normally it takes a special diamond cutting wheel and a slowly turning drill bit, lots of cooling fluid, and very slow progress to drill through granite.

A better method is sonic drilling. Sound vibrations are sent through a drill bit or even a metal pipe, so that the end in contact with the stone surface acts as a high-frequency jack-hammer. The drill barely needs to turn, since it’s the vibrational impacts and shattering that do the job.

Compared to conventional drilling, this method is faster, puts less wear on the tool bit, and takes less energy.

So, conceivably one could turn the handle of a large tuning fork into a cutting rod, whether a drill tube or drill bit, and thereby have a sonic drill that can handle hard stones. Even a copper tube would cut into granite in that case. Or instead of a tube, the end could be flat like a chisel or spade to cut instead of drill.

To make a tuning fork sonic drill, the resonant frequency of the cutting rod must match the frequency of the fork it’s attached to. The way it works is that transverse vibrations from the tines move the bottom of the U-shape up and down, which sends longitudinal vibrations down through the cutting rod.
Source

To get an idea of how a sonic tuning fork drill would look. Tines 30 cm long and 3 cm thick makes for a resonant frequency of 1100 Hz and requires a rod 1.5 m long. Here is a picture drawn to scale.

"Notice how long the handle is, relative to the fork, and how this actually looks like a trident or harpoon, and can function as such if the tines are sharpened. This is reminiscent of Neptune, the god of Atlantis. This aquatic symbol shows up in the Egyptian myth of Horus (falcon god) striking his enemy with a harpoon, as well the Egyptians associating their antediluvian ancestors with the harpoon symbol."
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The tuning fork idea or at least vibrational energy is what I seemed to always lean to when I see megaliths built so smoothed and put together as if they were melted together such as the one in Bolivia

The ancients could of very well of vibrated a stone across the ground with horns, loud shouting or singing/chanting or tuning forks.

This is how much for you need for a sonic drill

Magnetism

Edward Leedskalnin's other four pamphlets addressed his theories on magnetism, detailing his theories on the interaction of electricity, magnetism and the body; Leedskalnin also included a number of simple experiments to validate his theories.
Most importantly, Edward Leedskalnin claimed that all matter was being acted upon by what he called "individual magnets". Simply a positive and a negative like a battery. It is obvious from the pamphlets that he produced that this theory became the base of all of his work, and most likely thoughts as well. He also attempted to claim that scientists of his time were looking in the wrong place for their understanding of electricity, and that they were only observing "one half of the whole concept" with "one sided tools of measurement". (Info from Ed's own scientific pamphlets).
Some believe that a black box which was placed on top of the tripod he used to help move the stones was the source of the magnetism.
en.wikipedia.org...

Acoustic engineers have developed small, concave piezoelectric transducers enabling the generation of standing waves for acoustic levitation. Both water and small living organisms (like the beetle, above) have been levitated using ultrasound, while the ancients used giant low-frequency transducers. During the conquest of the Americas, historian Garcilaso de la Vega documented the destruction of giant granite bowls at Inca sites in the Andes having diameters that exceeded the height of two men. Concave granite basins were also found in the passage chambers of Knowth, Dowth and Newgrange, in Ireland. Just as in the case of the pyramid chambers, the world's megalithic chambers also produced lightwater vapor.
source

Piezo-Electro-Gravitation

So how does sound do its thing in a stone?

Well, when a stone vibrates at its resonant frequency, a standing wave of compression/expansion sets up within it. What makes stones unique is that they are piezo-electric, meaning they convert pressure into electricity.

Therefore, applying sound to a stone converts that sound into electromagnetic or electrogravitational energy.

Imagine that - you hit a large tuning fork with a hammer, apply the bottom of its handle to the side of a stone, the stone vibrates in sympathy, standing waves arise within the stone, and those standing waves turn into electromagnetic or gravitational waves.

How gravitational waves are produced this way is implied in my other physics Research Notes. In short, longitudinal acoustic waves in stones create longitudinal magnetic vector potential waves within the stone, thanks to the piezoelectric effect, and these are identically gravitational potential waves.

When gravitational potential waves are made to be standing waves, you have a stable gravitational node or antinode at the center of the stone - essentially an artificial vibrating center of gravity. That alone may affect the stone’s weight (not to mention, may open portals if the gravitational node is sufficiently intense).

Now, by additionally muting the opposing end of the stone (say through a non-vibrating rod pressed against it) the node shifts a bit off center, thereby unbalancing the stone’s center of gravity. If shifted upwards, the stone will become lighter.

The point of muting and point of applied vibration can be shifted to direct the stones.
en.wikipedia.org...

This next video uses a technology that is quite primitive.

Piezoelectric Basins for Acoustic Levitation Identified at Megalithic Sites

The many astoundingly beautiful monuments of the Giza plateau, along the Nile River in Egypt, display a remarkably precise set of engineering specifications and psychoacoustic effects that indicate an ancient biorhythmic synchronization network once operated on a global scale. Preceding the Dynasties of the Pharaohs by several thousand years, this global pyramid culture was a technologically advanced Sanskrit world nation that employed these giant crystalline structures to synchronize the pineal, hypothalamus and pituitary glands with the human heartbeat at temples and sacred sites worldwide.
Great link

What do you think, please contribute. Thanks for reading.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I had to... lol memecrunch.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Here is an utlrasonic knife.

This is my favourite. Another Nasa experiment.

Imagine now hundreds of people making sound with horns or vibrating rocks to the right tone.

Resonance levitation. Still not aliens. Man. Sound.

Ancient Egyptian tech

edit on 19-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

+163 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Gonna have to say I disagree. If we once had advanced technologies of any type and they were then forgotten then wouldn't they have developed again in the natural evolution of technology? We still cannot move 100 ton blocks of stone with any type of technology other than pure mechanical yet we are almost at quantum computing. To me, the ancient structures point to non-human interaction. I think the newest episode of Ancient Aliens puts forth some very good evidence for this.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm pretty convinced that sound was used for a lot of ancient building techniques as well.

While I do think that there is advanced alien life out there somewhere and they may have visited this planet, I highly doubt they taught us any cool tricks to help us along with our civilization. Think about it, humans really weren't all that smart back then. Sure we had the capability of intelligence, but you can't just expect some aliens to come down in their space ship and within a few years totally change the way we lived. It's really hard to teach advanced knowledge to things with a lesser intelligence.

We might have been super advanced at one point in our past and something happened that sent us back to the stone age, we might have used ingenious methods of building things with sound, but we were never taught anything by aliens themselves.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Imagine now hundreds of people making sound with horns or vibrating rocks to the right tone.

Resonance levitation.

Hmm, that sentence immediately made me think of the "earth sounds". That would be a whole lot of rocks levitating.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Or alternatively they were skilled stone cutters with enough man power...

I like the thread though OP. Interesting.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX
Gonna have to say I disagree. If we once had advanced technologies of any type and they were then forgotten then wouldn't they have developed again in the natural evolution of technology? We still cannot move 100 ton blocks of stone with any type of technology other than pure mechanical yet we are almost at quantum computing. To me, the ancient structures point to non-human interaction. I think the newest episode of Ancient Aliens puts forth some very good evidence for this.

Who ever thought you can vibrate a rock or find its resonance and make it lighter or vibrate across a surface using forks or sound like horns or chanting.

Its interesting that you say that this is far out of the grasp of man and cant fathom man achieving this in the past but you resort that ancient beings from space did it.

Sounds and vibrations dont need alien tech. We have lost the knowledge or discarded for other methods the ability to lift stones of great weight. We think we need to move weight with brute force power when invisible forces can easily do what no machine cant.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Puma Punku and Sacsayhuaman disagree.

To the OP, I definitely think there was some type of technology lost or hidden from us, which should be clear when looking at any megalith from around the world. I refuse to believe stone cutters and slaves/man power created these structures.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Domo1

Puma Punku and Sacsayhuaman disagree.

To the OP, I definitely think there was some type of technology lost or hidden from us, which should be clear when looking at any megalith from around the world. I refuse to believe stone cutters and slaves/man power created these structures.

Puma Punka and those little drill holes looks to me as evidence of sonic drilling. Are you saying aliens used sonic drilling because it was too complex for ancient man or are you saying that sonic drilling is to primitive for aliens?

The only way to chisel the rocks in peru was with vibrational energy in my opinion. If you think the aliens used those technologies then we are meeting half way.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What bugs me the most about this ancient alien series the the complete omission of facts. Here is who built and taught these ancients their ways in South America according to their own history.

We know from ancient Indian legends that at some point shrouded in the mists of time, White men landed on the shores of the New World, long before Columbus. Every Indian society of which we have any knowledge records this arrival and refers to a White God who brought them their system of science, and engineering, gave them their legal codes, and helped them achieve a high level of civilization. But who was this HIGH GOD? And how did he and his relatives cross a vast unknown Ocean to arrive in a New World? From these ancient legends we learn that these White Gods arrived in huge foreign ships with Swan wings, hulls gleaming so brightly that they looked like giant serpents gliding over the water. When they reached the shore, strange men emerged from the ships, fair skinned and blue eyed, wearing gowns of a course black material with a circular opening at the neck and short wide sleeves.

The legend of a particular white God has also survived to our day from all the ancient civilizations of Central and South America. The Toltecs and Aztec of Mexico called him Quetzalcoatl, the Incas called him Viracoha, to the Maya he was Kukulcan who brought their laws, also their script, and was worshiped like a god by the people. To the Chibchas he was Bochia, the White Mantle of Light. To those of Peru he was Hyustus, and to this day they will tell you that he was fair, and had blue eyes.

According to two of the chroniclers White Men with beards turned up on the shores of Lake Titicaca, built a great city, and taught the inhabitants a more civilized way of life. The Indians said that the White Gods built this city 2000 years before the time of the Incas.
www.israelect.com...

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You're the one talking about aliens and I'm the one saying stone cutters and primitive tools did not build said megaliths. Maybe you missed the part where I said I believe we lost or had technology hidden from us. Makes sense, the Gov't and Big Biz are hiding lots of technology from us today.

So its either we had knowledge that was forgotten or it was aliens, but it definitely was not primitive man using primitive tools and manpower.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Um you do realise that some of the methods you listed are suppressed science. May not have been aliens but still. Just as awesome ^.^!!!

Gotta love Ed's work at Coral Castle.

Resonance and magnetic levitation.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

link   
I read about John Keeley using exactly this technology, both for lifting heavy burdens, and also for turning rock to powder for the purpose of gold mining. It's hardly new, just takes awhile for people to accept that it's possible.

link   
On the theory of vibrational levitation and locomotion it has seemed that we discarded these methods and now were are in the stone age concerning this technology. We make 3 dollar toys with it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I sure can agree with most of that. Although I disagree with possibilities of ancient visitation, or possibly our own future intervening in their past, I couldn't help but admire the format of your introductory post, and the wealth of information you put into it. Anybody with half a brain can see you put some time and effort into it, and that I can appreciate. Thank you Shadow Herder.

Now, having said that, let me share a thought....

I'm personally not that good at math. So I really don't know...

What are the odds of the last shorelines being mapped out on the planet so closely resembling those who are the ones who mapped it out? And, what variables does one plug into that equation to figure out the odds? What template or comparison for reference exists?

This could be a kin to Rorschach Test or pareidolia, perhaps not.

Take into account both evolution and erosion... What are the odds of the entire Eastern coastline of the largest body of water (The Pacific Ocean) on the planet so closely resembling the profile of the face of a simian or primate? From Alaska to South America...

peace!
edit on 18-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

You're the one talking about aliens and I'm the one saying stone cutters and primitive tools did not build said megaliths. Maybe you missed the part where I said I believe we lost or had technology hidden from us. Makes sense, the Gov't and Big Biz are hiding lots of technology from us today.

So its either we had knowledge that was forgotten or it was aliens, but it definitely was not primitive man using primitive tools and manpower.

I agree with you there. Not so much aliens though, but to entertain the idea I like to think that these ancient aliens were really ancient advanced man bewildering the savages who wrote the record of 'GODS". Heck the ancient Hopi speak of great cities of lights and the flying shields these cities used against one another in battle before the deluge.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Much more probable than aliens, anyway.
S&F

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Wow that last video made me feel like DER... I should have thought of that. Makes it look easy, and I bet with a lot of time on my hands and nothing better to do I could come up with something working together with many of my friends in between making beer in clay pots of course

Star and Flag...

This is a cooool thread, however, Just because people could have done something, does not mean that they did.
I find they have different accounts of who made the buildings. I have a couple points to make.

1)as seen on Ancient Aliens at Puma Puncu when the Spanish came and asked how they built these blocks, they said that people came down from the sky and built it. They made a statue of the ETs and they looked like Tall white bearded giants.

2)look at Sumerian tablets. You will notice these guys who are something like 12 feet tall and bearded. The Sumerians wrote in cuneiform. at the site in Puma Puncu there was a clay bowl (something like 2,000 years old) and on this bowl was cuneiform exactly like in Sumeria.

3)The Egyptians wrote on everything. From ceiling to floor you find heiroglyphs. They had statues that some say are giant representations of pharos, but maybe some of these are life sized statues of giants. And would not a giant make a good king. There isn't writing inside the Great Pyramid.. Maybe giants made it? How big was the sarcofagus (sp?) inside the kings chamber?????

I think that Atlantis was real and it was inhabited by these white bearded giants. I think they went east and west and started civilizations across the world. I think they had names like Zeus, Thor, Odin, Poseidon, Ra. I think that being human or something like human they were good and bad.

Don't forget the god is some white guy in the sky with a big MAN Beard hahaha.

I think the flood from the bible that kills the giants is the same flood that sinks Atlantis. I think it could have been a HUGE Tsunami rather than rain that floods the land. I think Atlantis would be found close to if not part of Spain. I think many peoples in and around the Mediterranean Sea were also hit with this west to east Tsunami. I think that such a Tsunami could have been used as a weapon by gods...

Anyway. Awesome Read, I have many more videos to watch, and I'll be back in here to comment further.
edit on 3/18/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowOblivionX

I will say you do have some valid points, I mean, look at the latest episode of AA,fair enough,some of the topics and evidence means vast answers still. Doesnt really close down on aliens but gives it the idea that the possibility is reasonably high,but never ruleout other options.

Mainly,after watching alot of AA aswell as ya good 'ol standard research, it just doesnt seem right that we had that kind of tech back then. In a sense,what time period are we talking they had this tech aswell as what happened to make us lose it all?

Surely being 'Natural' tech,wed have something in relation to earths natural states due to our intillect towards astronamy,thats all im saying
im leaning towards more of the aliens theory giving us,the race a hand,after all,more evidence shows they were here more than they werent

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join