It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is just silly.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by Annee

Honestly, the more I read about Atheism the more confused I get. And I really don't mean that in a condescending way. It seems to me that the term has so many different meanings that there is not even a consensus among Atheists themselves.

Too late and too tired to respond to your entire post.

Atheism is not confusing at all.

Atheism means ONE thing and only ONE thing: Lack of Belief in a god/deity. It does NOT mean anything else.

Beyond - Lack of Belief in a god/deity - - Atheists are individual and can believe or not anything they want.

If an Atheist expresses other viewpoints - - - that is his/her Atheist Philosophy - - - - it in no way changes the meaning of Atheism.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It was just a simple Y/N question, but I know it's late.

Also: the "why", the reasoning behind your "lack of belief" is not important at all? You just woke up one day and boom there was the lack of belief?
edit on 26-3-2012 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
I was never exposed to religion as a child and I haven’t had much to do with religion my whole life and so religion is completely irrelevant to me, I see it in the same way as any other silly thing some people do

this discussion is not really directed at 'religion' it is more so about 'theism' which does not necessarily involve religion.

I hope that is not confusing? the atheist community needs to pen some standards to their very own language... but atheism is designed to break apart others languages only and try to throw it back at them.

the Christian language is the leading language right now an it is the hardest crack and the biggest prize for the atheist.

and a little tip to the aspirings... Christianity is not the only theistic religion on the planet, it just happens to be everything you know, you speak its very word from your lips.
edit on 26-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: ESL

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by Annee

It was just a simple Y/N question, but I know it's late.

Also: the "why", the reasoning behind your "lack of belief" is not important at all? You just woke up one day and boom there was the lack of belief?

an atheist probably woke up one morning and decided to taste human flesh... or an atheist woke-up one morning and decided to be the unabomber. An atheist woke up one morning and decided they were God and 100% responsible for their own actions.

I mean it is quite obvious it has bee done before and will most likely be where we get out next one from... specifically from the godless lot. extra DIV

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
atheist are just not good enough humans to be God!

in my personal opinion anyway...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I see no difference between theism (mainly Christianity in Europe) and Spiderman for example – and I see people who take Christianity seriously in the same way I would see people who take Spiderman seriously – that is they are a bit soft in the head

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
since atheism is considered a religion by my government then I say they need an Oath... stating explicitly not to harm other beings on the planet.

I may be a little more accepting of their union in my nation and possibly tolerant...

but doubtfully because their actions ultimately overrule. (the world has seen the acts of atheism)

edit on 26-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I rest my case your honour

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

do the atheist have some kind of manifesto? I would sure love to read it an get into the mind of an atheist.

in their manifesto does it explain how to protect life and be its keeper?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I believe in the acts of Spiderman (they are righteous) ...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

You know that story about the Jewish wizard in a magic garden and the talking snake and then the Jewish wizard became his own Father – well atheists don’t believe that story and they don’t believe it in the same way you don’t believe in Thor or Zeus

Its just that simple

edit on 26-3-2012 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

its better to believe... and have faith in your fellow man.

its better to believe!

of course these are just all my opinions.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

You know that story about the Jewish wizard in a magic garden and the talking snake and then the Jewish wizard became his own farther – well atheists don’t believe that story and they don’t believe it in the same way you don’t believe in Thor or Zeus

Its just that simple

"farther" (sic). Did you spell one "r" too many, or maybe just an "h"

Sorry, couldn't resist. I misspell all the tyme.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

You know that story about the Jewish wizard in a magic garden and the talking snake and then the Jewish wizard became his own farther – well atheists don’t believe that story and they don’t believe it in the same way you don’t believe in Thor or Zeus

Its just that simple

what's the moral of the story? (the one about the Jewish wizard, I am curious)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

oh well I shall have to say 7 hell Marys and count some beads to make up for my sinѳ

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
There shouldn't even be a word 'Atheism.' Since when do we 'classify' people based on what they don't believe? Is there a word for people who don't believe in Leprechauns, or Zeus, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster? I rest my case.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vedderman
There shouldn't even be a word 'Atheism.' Since when do we 'classify' people based on what they don't believe? Is there a word for people who don't believe in Leprechauns, or Zeus, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster? I rest my case.

do you truly believe theist believe in these things too?

could they be expressions of language to communicate a moral?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
it's a start anyway...

the atheist's have 'faith' that theist believe in spiderman...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I don't think anybody - minus a few crazies - believe in those things. My comment was simply pointing out the similarity. Why is there a word for me if I don't believe in God but there isn't a word for me for not believing in Leprechauns? There shouldn't even be words for disbelief in something, it's ludicrous.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
atheist are scared of the bogeyman... at least we know their weakness now.

things may add up if we collect enough data?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join