It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Atheism is just silly.

page: 30
9
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox
 


George Washington was one of the first subscribers to the newly printed Bible that rolled off a very special press...

I am not concerned with his religious stance at this point... only his "theism"




posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
Why? America isn't a Christian nation, yet you keep ignoring that fact


Sure isn't. There was no mention of God or Creator in the first 2 drafts of the Constitution - - - seems Creator (which refers to the Deist natural harmony) was an after thought - - or stuck in at the end to appease someone.

As far as the Christian "principle" debate - - - what exactly does that mean? Common sense. Treat others as you would treat yourself.

Here are the original 10 commandments from: Solon

The man I am talking about is Solon the Athenian. Solon was born, we believe, around 638 B.C.E., and lived until approximately 558, but the date in his life of greatest importance to us is the year he was elected to create a constitution for Athens, 594 B.C.E. How important is this man? Let's examine what we owe to him, in comparison with the legendary author (or at last, in legend, the transmitter) of the Judeo-Christian Ten Commandments. Solon is the founder of Western democracy and the first man in history to articulate ideas of equal rights for all citizens, and though he did not go nearly as far in the latter as we have come today, Moses can claim no connection to either. Solon was the first man in Western history to publicly record a civil constitution in writing.

1. Trust good character more than promises.
2. Do not speak falsely.
3. Do good things.
4. Do not be hasty in making friends, but do not abandon them once made.
5. Learn to obey before you command.
6. When giving advice, do not recommend what is most pleasing, but what is most useful.
7. Make reason your supreme commander.
8. Do not associate with people who do bad things.
9. Honor the gods.
10. Have regard for your parents.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
you guys are striking out badly... leaning more evidence to the fact that atheism has only one purpose and that is to question the authority of even God of truth almighty.

eidt: and supportive of the fact of the evidence I have already raised myself on ATS that atheism is only interested in (on a majority) at directing their aggression towards Christians. In which fact has already been proven to myself.


edit on 25-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Then there were the Puritans. You know - - the Freedom from Religion we learned about in school.

You know who descendents of the Puritans in America are today? The Fundamental Baptists.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
you guys are striking out badly... leaning more evidence to the fact that atheism has only one purpose and that is to question the authority of even God of truth almighty.


You're clueless.

Atheists do NOT question God. For any reason.


edit on 25-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I believe atheism's directed aggressions and acts of terror could be better put to use somewhere else...

maybe at the front line!



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
when a person is without God there is a higher percentage that they will terrorize the community...

it's a problem I am working on now.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
I believe atheism's directed aggressions and acts of terror could be better put to use somewhere else...

maybe at the front line!


Who created this thread again?

Oh yeah a theist.
Who's attacking who?



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
when a person is without God there is a higher percentage that they will terrorize the community...

it's a problem I am working on now.


Can you show me this study?



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
and if there is only a 3% reduction in reformation then there is not a solution yet.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by paradox
 


George Washington was one of the first subscribers to the newly printed Bible that rolled off a very special press...

I am not concerned with his religious stance at this point... only his "theism"


There was no internet or TV back in "the day". Church was a local social event - - even Atheists went.

Instead of debates/discussions on the net - - they did it in person - often in church or other social gathering places and in letters.

The topics of discussion were probably same as today: Religion and Politics. It would be necessary to read the bible to discuss it.

I have no doubt every man of that time had a bible. Even the Atheists.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide
 


Epicurus, Carnegie, Freud, Einstein, Strauss, Crick, Sagan, Susskind, Dawkins, Hawking, Wozniak, the list goes on.

Atheism has been attributed to some of the most influential, intelligent people this world has known.

Meanwhile throughout history, theists commit murder, rape, torture of innocents, and wage unjust wars all in the name of 'god'

I think it's easy to see who is more of a menace to society.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
Who created this thread again?

Oh yeah a theist.
Who's attacking who?


Who starts almost all of the Atheist threads?

Theists.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
and if there is only a 3% reduction in reformation then there is not a solution yet.


Are you still not seeing it?


If theists make up the majority, and the eradication of atheism only results in 3% reformation....then the eradication of theism should therefore result in 97% reformation


Sounds about right!



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
you guys just don't get where I am coming from, I view atheism as a disease (very scientific approach) I am trying to figure out how to eradicate it from the host cell... like a living organism because all life on this planet is woven complete.

God and Science man nothing could be better


edit on 25-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
you guys just don't get where I am coming from, I view atheism as a disease (very scientific approach) I am trying to figure out how to eradicate it from the host cell... like a living organism because all life on this planet is woven complete.

God and Science man nothing could be better


edit on 25-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)


Yes, intelligence and being able to think for yourself most certainly is a disease to theists, isn't it?

Do you realize how insane you are?

You have not mentioned anything scientific once in this entire thread.

edit on 3-25-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
you guys just don't get where I am coming from, I view atheism as a disease (very scientific approach) I am trying to figure out how to eradicate it from the host cell... like a living organism because all life on this planet is woven complete.

God and Science man nothing could be better


Wow... in an earlier post you talk about Christian persecution, then you make a statement that those who disagree with you are a disease that need to be eradicated. That shows how truly hypocritical and hateful people like you are despite your holier than thou claims. I won't call you a Christian, because you don't even deserve that respect.

People don't hate Christians, we just dislike hypocrites that preach love and harmony, then troll threads, like this one, promoting hate and division.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
it is the duty of atheist to question authority... it is the duty of society to establish authority so that we may peruse happiness without being terrorized.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
it is the duty of atheist to question authority... it is the duty of society to establish authority so that we may peruse happiness without being terrorized.


Atheism has no duty LOL
We don't believe there is an authority to even be questioned in the first place

Are you that stupid??



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
it is the duty of atheist to question authority... it is the duty of society to establish authority so that we may peruse happiness without being terrorized.


Who the hell empowered you with any authority over me?

We all have the same inalienable rights allowing us to pursue happiness, however your rights DO NOT supersede my rights or the rights of anyone else.




top topics



 
9
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

log in

join