It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is just silly.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
atheism and general godlessness overall = Jeffrey Dahmer

Dude i beleive in God,and you are even confusing me. Are you equating Evil deeds with non religious people? If so you are off because you do not have to be non religious to commit a crime or murder. HUMANS in general are capable of both good and evil no matter race,religion,creed,backround as well.

Exactly.

This entire thread he has been stating:

"Atheists = Murderers and cannibals that need to be eradicated otherwise they will negatively impact society"

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

I don't have a problem with anyone who has a religion...
but I definitely have a problem with nutjobs like this.
edit on 3-25-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thanks. I saved it and I'll have a read later.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

I one hundred percent agree. Some of the stuff posted even makes ME embarrassed. I try to never get that way. Why do we always get the crazies? Lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Originally posted by eyesontheskies
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

ok obviously you dont even know what i was talking about. I wasnt even preaching about my religion i was just saying that nobody knows for sure of the origins of the universe so the only thing anyone can do is have a belief, christians believe in God who created the universe and humans and athiests believe that there isnt a god and usually believe evolution. I was just saying that neither creation nor evolution has been disproven or proven so why are christians and athiests wasting their time telling each other that their ways of thinking are wrong? Neither one even knows for sure.

You are absolutely right. We don't know, but somehow both said parties pretend to know. Beats me

What?

Atheists simply do not believe in a God.
No one said anything absolute lol...

Agnostic is in the middle, with no opinion either way.
Seems to me the only group that pretends to know, are theists!
edit on 3-25-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

You are contradicting yourself within 3 sentences ...
According to your statement Atheists do have an opinion re the God question. And even the lack of belief must be founded on something.

Maybe you're confusing the term Agnostic Atheist, but as I've said earlier, you can't be half pregnant.
edit on 26-3-2012 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I guess only a crazy can scare the Devil?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

What's a Devil?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Re the paranormal. Do you believe that only matter (atoms, molecules, etc.) interacts with what we perceive to be "reality"?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
General question. I'm still confused about a fundamental thing:

Why have Atheists adopted the greek term "atheos", which simply means "without God", but are now screaming bloody murder when we call them that?

And the dead horse moves again ... lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

General question. I'm still confused about a fundamental thing:

Why have Atheists adopted the greek term "atheos", which simply means "without God", but are now screaming bloody murder when we call them that?

And the dead horse moves again ... lol.

Who's screaming bloody murder about what?

Lack of Belief in a god/deity.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Re the paranormal. Do you believe that only matter (atoms, molecules, etc.) interacts with what we perceive to be "reality"?

I don't know.

I'm not into science - - so I'm not going to label anything except in my own way. Here is a site to explain Matter and Energy - as earth known today: web.jjay.cuny.edu...

I believe everything is Energy (maybe an Energy we don't even know about yet). I believe we are basically an energy consciousness thought creation.

However - - - I believe there are layers without numbers from the original source. So I also believe there are multiple worlds.

So - Paranormal - - am I connecting to a matrix of a sorts - - or am I connecting to another dimension of beings - - or am I connecting to evolved off-planet beings in our own dimension?

Probably All of the above.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Thanks. Here's an interesting read. Its long and I'm probably gonna have to read it a bunch of times to fully understand it:

A “post-secular” society – what does that mean?

www.resetdoc.org...

Over here in Europe religion is very much in decline and one of Christianities big problems is the age of the current believers – they are mostly oldies who won’t be with us much longer

It’s estimated that in 20-40 years the Church of England will be finished as an institution

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And I can confirm that religion isn’t followed much over here, I grew up in a secular home and nobody in my neighbourhood or family/friends are religious and I have seen the same thing in the other places in Europe I have lived - and the religious are seen as a bit empty headed

So I really don’t see how Europe can become “post-secular” society

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Interesting article though.

I'm gonna have to read it a bunch of times to actually be clear about what it is saying.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

What's a Devil?

it is monotheism's word to describe the opposite of life which is ignorance and darkness.

only in light is there life...

edit on 26-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

What's a Devil?

it is monotheism's word to describe the opposite of life which is ignorance and darkness.

Hmmm.

Kind of useless then.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Honestly, the more I read about Atheism the more confused I get. And I really don't mean that in a condescending way. It seems to me that the term has so many different meanings that there is not even a consensus among Atheists themselves.

Your lack of belief is based on implicit Atheism? But since you are not a child anymore you were certainly exposed to Theism. Doesn't that mean you made a choice? In other words what is your personal opinion about the existence of God? Yes, or No? If there is no answer for you doesn't that make you an Agnostic? I keep reading "simple lack of belief", but what does that really mean? Most of us stopped believing in Santa. What was your Santa moment re God? Sorry to bother you again, but I really would like to understand where Atheists are coming from conceptually. I do apologize for my inability to understand so far.

edit on 26-3-2012 by AllIsOne because: Annee answered the question about the paranormal.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

not really.. it is like a euphemism or a condensing of language to make it more proficient...

in a way modern english is very good at this, also many other languages which in a way could be called "slang"

yeah that's it, it's Christian slang must be?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

not really.. it is like a euphemism or a condensing of language to make it more proficient...

in a way modern english is very good at this, also many other languages which in a way could be called "slang"

yeah that's it, it's Christian slang must be?

Dude, you make Bobby Brown look like a scholar.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
John 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

I truly believe it is hard to learn a new language in adulthood and indeed alot of us are still very limited on language skills.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Honestly, the more I read about Atheism the more confused I get. And I really don't mean that in a condescending way. It seems to me that the term has so many different meanings that there is not even a consensus among Atheists themselves.
l.

I was never exposed to religion as a child and I haven’t had much to do with religion my whole life and so religion is completely irrelevant to me, I see it in the same way as any other silly thing some people do

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join