It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big Brother Goes Live September 2013

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq1

U.S. Statistics reveal that the United States holds 25% of the world's prison population, but only 5% of the world's people.

Human rights organizations, as well as political and social ones, are condemning what they are calling a new form of inhumane exploitation in the United States, where they say a prison population of up to 2 million - mostly Black and Hispanic - are working for various industries for a pittance. For the investors, it has been like finding a pot of gold. They don't have to worry about strikes or paying unemployment insurance, vacations or comp time. All of their workers are full-time, and never arrive late or are absent because of family problems; moreover, if they don't like the pay of 25 cents an hour and refuse to work, they are locked up in isolation cells. And it's subsidized by Taxpayers.

There are approximately 2 million inmates in state, federal and private prisons throughout the country. According to California Prison Focus, "no other society in human history has imprisoned so many of its own citizens.
" The figures show that the United States has locked up more people than any other country: a half million more than China, which has a population five times greater than the U.S. Statistics reveal that the United States holds 25% of the world's prison population, but only 5% of the world's people. From less than 300,000 inmates in 1972, the jail population grew to 2 million by the year 2000. In 1990 it was one million. Ten years ago there were only five private prisons in the country, with a population of 2,000 inmates; now, there are 100, with 62,000 inmates. It is expected that by the coming decade, the number will hit 360,000, according to reports. Crime has been falling, prison populations have skyrocketed.

What has happened over the last 10 years? Why are there so many prisoners?

"The private contracting of prisoners for work fosters incentives to lock people up. Prisons depend on this income. Corporate stockholders who make money off prisoners' work lobby for longer sentences, in order to expand their workforce. The system feeds itself," says a study by the Progressive Labor Party.

The prison industry complex is one of the fastest-growing industries in the United States and its investors are on Wall Street. "This multimillion-dollar industry has its own trade exhibitions, conventions, websites, and mail-order/Internet catalogs. It also has direct advertising campaigns, architecture companies, construction companies, investment houses on Wall Street, plumbing supply companies, food supply companies, armed security, and padded cells in a large variety of colors."

According to the Left Business Observer, the federal prison industry produces 100% of all military helmets, ammunition belts, bullet-proof vests, ID tags, shirts, pants, tents, bags, and canteens. Along with war supplies, prison workers supply 98% of the entire market for equipment assembly services; 93% of paints and paintbrushes; 92% of stove assembly; 46% of body armor; 36% of home appliances; 30% of headphones/microphones/speakers; and 21% of office furniture. Airplane parts, medical supplies, and much more: prisoners are even raising seeing-eye dogs for blind people.

Ninety-seven percent of 125,000 federal inmates have been convicted of non-violent crimes. It is believed that more than half of the 623,000 inmates in municipal or county jails are innocent of the crimes they are accused of. Of these, the majority are awaiting trial. Two-thirds of the one million state prisoners have committed non-violent offenses. Sixteen percent of the country's 2 million prisoners suffer from mental illness.

www.globalresearch.ca...

All the lawyers I spoke to during our investigations shared Carlson’s belief that Abu Ghraib, far from being the work of a few rogue individuals, was simply the export of the worst practices that take place in the domestic prison system all the time. They pointed to the mountain of files stacked on their desks, on the floor, in their office corridors – endless stories of appalling, sadistic treatment inside America’s own prisons.
Many of the tapes we’ve collected are several years old. That’s because they only surface when determined lawyers prise them out of reluctant state prison departments during protracted lawsuits.
But for every ‘historical’ tape we collected, we also found a more recent story. What you see on the tape is still happening daily.
It’s terrible to watch some of the videos and realise that you’re not only seeing torture in action but, in the most extreme cases, you are witnessing young men dying.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat
reply to post by Schkeptick

Oh, I wouldnt use comparison to Nazis, no no no.

I think you surpassed them already some time ago.

What?

You mean wiping off the face of the planet 80 Million Indians from North America?

The poser above you need to re check their History.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Yes we are! I am making plans to leave the country as soon as possible!

rt.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

rt.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-3-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The Marxist satanic globalist oligarchy has been doing all that for more than 40 years, at least . . . with acres of computers in the USA, Australia and another place or 3.

They are just embellishing their technologies and methods with a tighter noose.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

"We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big Brother Goes Live September 2013

www.zerohedge.com

In its April cover story, Wired has an exclusive report on the NSA's Utah Data Center, which is a must read for anyone who believes any privacy is still a possibility in the United States: "A project of immense secrecy, it is the final piece in a complex puzzle assembled over the past decade. Its purpose: to intercept, decipher, analyze, and store vast swaths of the world’s communications as they zap down from satellites and zip through the underground and undersea cables of international, foreign, and domestic networks....
(visit the link for the full news article)

I say we mess with their heads, and start using pencils and paper again!!
Obligatory second line.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Excellent Post.

This country, or I should say, the elite, have become what we should be fighting.
They have political lawyers that redefine everything in order to alleviate their consciousness from the wrong doings they engage in. Things like saying "collateral damage" instead of murdering children.

If god asked if you support killing children, and you said no, then he showed you a video of our bombs landing in countries throughout the world killing children and innocent civilians, how could you respond to that?

We know children will be killed, so agreeing to any war agrees with killing children as well.
There is noway around that.

I don't support the wars nor the murdering psychopaths ruling this country.

Perhaps Iran is right and we are the Great Satan.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

The US Government has been in quite a few countries in the last few decades dropping bombs and killing people and unless I am mistaken, they were not doing it for religious reasons. They were doing it to fund the war machine and the Corporate and Banking interests in this country.

Religious wars entail two countries fighting over beliefs.
The US is not fighting to spread religion but to gain more control and power for the elite.
They may use the evil religion of the countries were fighting as an excuse, but that is a different take from what your saying.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

Were no longer a free country and the citizens of this country have no say in what they do.
Don't believe me? Try and put a stop to the all these tyrannical acts they are committing against the populace via your congressmen.

Good luck lol.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Indeed.
It is all part of a never ending cycle in man's history.
We unfortunately are caught up this time on the wrong side of history.

Originally posted by hawkiye
Well good! I am glad they are doing this because the American people need a real wake up call and it appears not until a jackboot is on their collective necks will they ever wake up en mass enough to change things. The downside is the rest of us will suffer too for to and it may be to little to late. However it is all part of the cycle. The pendulum will not swing the other way until it is at its extreme farthest position in the opposite direction. So the farther it swings in the direction of totalitarianism the sooner it will swing back toward freedom!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat
reply to post by Schkeptick

Oh, I wouldnt use comparison to Nazis, no no no.

I think you surpassed them already some time ago.

You know what? Comparing America to the Nazi regime, or suggesting that we have somehow "surpassed" the Nazi agenda is pure BULLS*#!. What a load of crap. Are we perfect? Of course not. Our system of Justice is skewed to serve the rich and powerful. We have poverty and hunger when logically we really shouldn't have. From time to time we over-extend our reach and responsibility militarily, both in terms of action and ethics.
But Nazis? Give me a break! America has done a lot of good in the world, domestically and internationally, and we did practically shut down the real Nazis single-handedly. We kept the Soviets in check for decades if you remember correctly, Comrades. I'm no fan of political corruption and the influence that corporations have over our political system, but this talk is absurd. I won't directly say what I would actually like to say to either one of you, however, I will submit that both of you should go to a private place where you can be all alone, and engage yourselves in activities that would normally be reserved for biological reproduction.

Should our own government be spying on us? Oh hell no. We need to get our rights to privacy reinstated ASAP.
edit on 18-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: added content

edit on 18-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Excellent point. This is corruption at it's worst. I posted a reply above to two people who submitted that America is as bad or worse than the Nazis, and I still strongly disagree with that sentiment. However, your post contains valid facts. Yes, someone else mentioned that America was founded upon the genocide of the Native Americans. This is sadly true.
The entire world operated on a whole other level of unethical and racist practices before the advent of the 20th Century, so I don't think it's fair to compare people from previous centuries by today's ethical standards. As a species we have gotten better, if only marginally. The Nazis however, were a whole other flavor of evil, and I don't think that America is that bad...yet. We have quite a way to go before we reach that level.

edit on 18-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: added clarity to content

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Look at it this way, the inclusion of a Nazi comparison is an efficient barometer to identify either a lack of historical perspective or a desire to provoke a reaction through insult.

OP, were you writing this with an eye towards literairy flair, perhaps using Nazi's as some kind of strange metaphor for something like the macro impact of invasive codfish species in Massachusetts fisheries or are you still a few credits short of graduating middle school and planning on making up world history over the summer?

I honestly believe that the U.S. needs to consider opening a student exchange program with the DPRK. We will all be waiting with baited breath for the OP to reiterate how badly the U.S. sucks upon their return.

LOL.....Is he back from looking up metaphor yet???

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam
Look at it this way, the inclusion of a Nazi comparison is an efficient barometer to identify either a lack of historical perspective or a desire to provoke a reaction through insult.

OP, were you writing this with an eye towards literairy flair, perhaps using Nazi's as some kind of strange metaphor for something like the macro impact of invasive codfish species in Massachusetts fisheries or are you still a few credits short of graduating middle school and planning on making up world history over the summer?

I honestly believe that the U.S. needs to consider opening a student exchange program with the DPRK. We will all be waiting with baited breath for the OP to reiterate how badly the U.S. sucks upon their return.

LOL.....Is he back from looking up metaphor yet???

Good point, and I believe that anyone who directly suffered at the hands of the Nazis ( or their direct descendants ) would be insulted by the comparison. A little bit of perspective is required here.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pravdaseeker
reply to post by CB328

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Hi CB328... wow.... people don't realize how much we HAVE become like the Nazi's.. YES, this term tends to get over-used; especially by MSM trolls and people making political hay use it all the time loosely..

BUT... our level of spying on the masses is way beyond the Gestapos abilities.

In Germany, pre-war... there was a BIG health food fad in Germany...

There was a BIG anti-smoking push..

They confiscated peoples property at will to make conservation areas, or whatever..

Many what some would call subtle comparisons are out there... but the parallels are numerous.

Here is a snip from an article on the above point

One of the most famous trials before the People's Court was that of college students Hans and Sophie Scholl and their friend Christoph Probst. Arrested and charged with treason for circulating anti-government leaflets entitled The White Rose, they were given a secret trial before Judge Roland Freisler, chief justice of the People's Court of the Greater German Reich, who had been sent from Berlin to Munich to preside over the case.

Since the trial was conducted in secret, Hans and Sophie's parents were not permitted into the courtroom. When Magdalena Scholl tried to force her way into the secret proceedings, she screamed, "But I'm the mother of two of the accused," to which the guard responded, "You should have brought them up better."

TextThe government permitted Hans and Sophie to have an "approved" lawyer, but he was much too frightened and intimidated to put up any kind of real defense, not that it would have done any good anyway, given that the judge, rather than a jury, was deciding their fate.

After spunky 21-year-old Sophie said to Judge Freisler, "Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare to express themselves as we did," Judge Freisler announced his verdict: "Guilty," and then sentenced Hans, Sophie, and Christoph to the guillotine.

WW2 Germany compared to USA today

And here is another article on more of the same similarities between the two nations, divided by time...

more comparisons

And another excellent comparison....

Hermes Press

To say that we are NOT like that long ago suppressive nation is a trip down DENIAL LANE... to a dark destination.

To those who look forward to a system like this.. umm... Karl Marx's uptopian system has failed miserably, mainly due to the curruption of people in positions of power.. due to greed, power, wealth, etc, etc.

I was married to a Russian lady whose family was WIPED OUT by Stalin... save one, (her ancestor..duh grampa)

He was "spared" only because of his math skills.... and put to work on the Russian A bomb project, with a DEATH threat over his head if they failed to make a working bomb!!! He was declared a hero of the Soviet Union, and enjoyed priviledges others only dreamed of. His children were given above and beyond "help" in their careers..including one of his sons. Last I heard the son was still head of Moscow Institute of Nuclear Science... a very prestigeous position.

HE speaks of HOW EVIL the old system was, and how they had to talk only in the kitchen with radios turned up in other rooms, and speak quietly over tea and biskets in the kitchen, so others would not hear or turn them in!

Compare THIS to the new NSA spying complex being built in Utah state... hello McFly.. anybody home???

I ALSO had a dear friend in Germany whose FATHER was 15 yrs old BARELY... was out in the field taking care of the farm... and the German army were driving by, and just SNATCHED him from the field..!!!

Two months later he was on the EASTERN FRONT machine gunning Russians by the hundreds... CRYING HIS EYES OUT, SCARED.. sick from all the killing he was doing, and there were officers standing behind him with a pistol to SHOOT HIM should he stop running the machine gun!!!

His mother had NO IDEA what happened to him.. she just found some of his items in the field, and the horse just grazing away.. 4 months later she got a short letter from him telling her what was up..

HOW is the above story any different than the new Executive Order Obama signed....?????

I can not help but think a real world war is brewing, and all of these "acts" and laws, and EO's are being put in place so that when the big balloon goes up...the nation will go into lock down within a weeks time.

Pravdaseeker

The difference is they did not have the American spirit...Or half the homes that have the means to defend themselves.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Wasn't Anonymous and Occupy Wall Street suppose to be our revolution?

What happened with that?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It's funny when people say contact your governor or senator and let them know what you think. That doesn't work because I have tried. No reply back just ignored like there is a brick sitting in a chair in office. If anything I probably got put on a list for my troubles. Drones now flying over our heads in the name of protecting national security. What??? Drones to give us national security and protect the constitution at the expense of losing our constitutional right to privacy. Does that make sense?? Talk about an oxymoron! The constitution even warns us of this! So if we go by these oxymoron ideals and principals then the constitution itself is a threat to national security! So we provide the guns and the bullets what's next white t-shirts with red bulls-eyes painted on them? Can anyone say mass genocide?
edit on 18-3-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

Funny you mention Oxymoron. I said that tonight to a guy at work and he goes you calling me "Dumb".
I forgot what it meant, now I have to go look it up.
Those boys were hot.. Was doing my best to flirt. You could tell they were working out at the gym. yummm, yummy.

edit on 18-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Is this the same kind of place as The Cloud? Have you heard of this?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Check out the Veteran's Today website article entitled "Hey NSA: Intercept THIS!" at www.veteranstoday.com...

The author was as steamed about all of this as I was. Sure! I've known about Carnivore and Echelon (etc) for quite some time ... but this is over the top! Way over the top!

The author uses almost every phrase to guarantee it will be flagged by the NSA ... and since I emailed the article's text to a friend then I suspect my name will be on their list as well.

Jackbooted thugs, like the dutiful cogs in the Nazi regime of yesteryear, will value thier jobs, their power over others, and their sense of self-importance over doing the right thing.

And this is what Amerika has become?

Shame!

edit on 19-3-2012 by JackWagon because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2012 by JackWagon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by sean

Funny you mention Oxymoron. I said that tonight to a guy at work and he goes you calling me "Dumb".
I forgot what it meant, now I have to go look it up.
Those boys were hot.. Was doing my best to flirt. You could tell they were working out at the gym. yummm, yummy.

edit on 18-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

So the saying is true 'All brawn and no brains'. hehehe just messing

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join