It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big Brother Goes Live September 2013

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Once they violated the constitution, the NSA became it's own enemy.

Having said that, I know that for decades agencies routinely bypassed restrictions on spying on US citizens within the US by using liaison officers from Canada and the UK. Just let the liaison officers control the US equipment and share information under USAUK47. After 9/11 they simply didn't bother using the liaison officers anymore.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

American IDOL!!! When is it on??!!!! We should get notifications about these things!!! I'll be back after I find it somewhere on the tube!! Ohhhh....goody!!!

You know...if more people just all got together and watched American Idol, really watched it....it could give us all something to believe in...something to be proud of and to light the way into the future!! Those wonderful souls pouring there hearts into dancing in that mesmerizing hypnotic dance that sometimes resembles the cobra's dance of death....hang on..

its just on a commercial!!! Dangit!!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
Once they violated the constitution, the NSA became it's own enemy.

Having said that, I know that for decades agencies routinely bypassed restrictions on spying on US citizens within the US by using liaison officers from Canada and the UK. Just let the liaison officers control the US equipment and share information under USAUK47. After 9/11 they simply didn't bother using the liaison officers anymore.

When you put it that way, its rather depressing.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

It is it is, just read the NDAA2012 and the P act it all fits in, the TSA DHS will know who you are just by your i pad, pod, Verizon, or any one of the phone, laptop Ip id. Add in facial recognition, they will know what you will look like.How your on the street or in a place that has cams, you use your phone or laptop you send a text, email, or make a call, time and date plus place, through RFID tracking, (ok that is simplified)but you get the idea, your now not just a ip number but a face, video con, or web came your already known.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Our government can't even control the banks or Wallstreet. They have let them gain way to much power and are at the mercy of these entities. Many businesses are also being controlled by the financial entities of the country. I don't know what anyone can do. There doesn't seem to be anyone really controlling wallstreet either. It's sort of a perpetual timebomb. I don't know how this Capitalistic Economy got so messed up all over the world. I suppose if noone controls a financial entity it becomes a monster.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

The Stellar Wind project is insulting to our notion of freedom, but as for how it affects the average citizen – a person whose emails, phone calls, and financial transactions are unremarkable – not much fanfare can be made. In fact, the program has an inadvertent way of placing the average citizen above suspicion, not within its crosshairs.

The worst kind of state is one where the government has rampant suspicions, but not enough information to refute or confirm their validity. The terrorist attacks on 9/11 created – or facilitated, if the attacks were planned – that type of atmosphere in the U.S.

And therein lays the question: Was the atmosphere that spawned the Stellar Wind project inadvertently created or purposefully facilitated?

The latter scenario is more ominous, but in any event, most people’s communications will be as noticeable as grains of sand in the sea.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

The difference is they did not have the American spirit.

So what is the American spirit nowadays, "Have gun, get felt-up to travel"?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

The false sense of hopelessness this situation inspires should not have us forget our humanity. We are a species of survivors. We will not "take" it. At first it may be un-avoidable, but eventually the people will burn their masters house.

They should have conformed themselves to a third of the world and its resources. They will over extend themselves trying to control the world. They will also make enemies they have not prepared for entirely. I argue that after installing themselves as the new one world dictatorship, which is the form this will take, they will be on the run. I cannot say exactly when but they will cause the sudden and abrupt end to their blood lines.

We are human beings damn it. Who the hell told anyone we are complete morons and just slaves waiting for their chains. We have survived millennia under all sorts of conditions. Do you really think these fools will dominate us forever? Why? They have technology? So what! We always have numerical superiority. We have the resolve of wild lions, the strength of stampeding elephants. We have not made it this far to have some selfish fools come and try and ruin our world so they can live in greater comfort.

Do not fear them. In the end they are but men. Our revolution may have been cleverly taken from us but they can do nothing for the un-ending passage of time. Our generations will continue to grow as they have for millennia and eventually they will fall. Technology is nice..... when its new. What wins wars is the men and women of a nation. They can say what they will, but eventually they will fall to the outrage of the people. It will be a bloody revolution since they leave us no other choice. They will all die in their entirety. We will not leave a single one.
I wish they would reconsider. This war will rip apart the world. It will be the last one. We wont fight it, but we might see it in our old age.

I have no doubt they will win at first in securing their power. I also have no doubt that it will be their last efforts as a group on this earth. That empire won't last 50 years. I assure you.

So in the end, live your life, grow strong and teach the young to live with honor so they will know abuse to them.
Learn and grow so that after it all, as there is always an after, we will have a world to look forward to.

You should never fear any man or anything. You are a human being. For all our defects our virtues are self evident. We are a miracle. There is nothing small about us but our size.

Let them come to hurt us. They will only be serving their own death.

May mankind live long and prosper.

edit on 19-3-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Look its real simple,

While we may not be doing exactly what the nazis did, that doesnt mean that we havent modernized the concept. The sanctions brought forth by the USA is the sole reason the nazis came to power to begin with. So if you want a stick to measure evil in comparison there ya go.

In fact we are doing it more subtle and better than the nazis ever could thanks to technology. Democracy was never meant to last as a form of government to begin with as it was always a transitional phase from freedom to slavery. The lines you could draw connecting simularities between what rome was and what we are now are staggering.

The fact that we take bits and pieces from the hitler/stalin/ceasar play book and apply a hybrid of sorts to our own people should not be surprising. Ever since the lie that is 9/11 took place it has given them a reason to implement what they wanted all along...total control of us to the upteenth degree. Most of this was set in motion right after the fall of hitler coincidentally and is just now coming to fruition thanks to careful planning and biding their time.

So poke fun all you want, yet there are glaring simularities policy wise to nazi germany before hitler went waffle stomping into poland. And lest we forget, he didnt start slaughtering jews until he started taking amphetamines. Once Hitler got on the drugs he became what most remember him for.

The corporate connection you ask? Why its the same group of a**holes that have been around since WWII. They wrote policy for the lawmakers back then, and they are still doing it the only way they know how...money and economics. You don't have to be president to be the most powerful man on the planet, just be in charge of a major bank and you'll have 3 times the pull of power. Might I remind you that the CIA is not a government owned agency and was created by bankers and low brow corporate frat brothers.

Why does this come about? They want obediant workers, not a nation of thinkers. And sorry to say, they have to use tactics they know will work taken from the most sinister figureheads in history which includes the likes of the nazis. If it still works, why change the method?
edit on 19-3-2012 by BooKrackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by Screwed

The false sense of hopelessness this situation inspires should not have us forget our humanity. We are a species of survivors. We will not "take" it. At first it may be un-avoidable, but eventually the people will burn their masters house.

They should have conformed themselves to a third of the world and its resources. They will over extend themselves trying to control the world. They will also make enemies they have not prepared for entirely. I argue that after installing themselves as the new one world dictatorship, which is the form this will take, they will be on the run. I cannot say exactly when but they will cause the sudden and abrupt end to their blood lines.

We are human beings damn it. Who the hell told anyone we are complete morons and just slaves waiting for their chains. We have survived millennia under all sorts of conditions. Do you really think these fools will dominate us forever? Why? They have technology? So what! We always have numerical superiority. We have the resolve of wild lions, the strength of stampeding elephants. We have not made it this far to have some selfish fools come and try and ruin our world so they can live in greater comfort.

Do not fear them. In the end they are but men. Our revolution may have been cleverly taken from us but they can do nothing for the un-ending passage of time. Our generations will continue to grow as they have for millennia and eventually they will fall. Technology is nice..... when its new. What wins wars is the men and women of a nation. They can say what they will, but eventually they will fall to the outrage of the people. It will be a bloody revolution since they leave us no other choice. They will all die in their entirety. We will not leave a single one.
I wish they would reconsider. This war will rip apart the world. It will be the last one. We wont fight it, but we might see it in our old age.

I have no doubt they will win at first in securing their power. I also have no doubt that it will be their last efforts as a group on this earth. That empire won't last 50 years. I assure you.

So in the end, live your life, grow strong and teach the young to live with honor so they will know abuse to them.
Learn and grow so that after it all, as there is always an after, we will have a world to look forward to.

You should never fear any man or anything. You are a human being. For all our defects our virtues are self evident. We are a miracle. There is nothing small about us but our size.

Let them come to hurt us. They will only be serving their own death.

May mankind live long and prosper.

edit on 19-3-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

You are so right. I see a lot of defeatist attitudes here. Stop using a cell phone. Get off the internet. Get out of the city, build a house, get off of the grid. Take your money out of the bank, learn a trade that pays you cash. Ride a bike. It's that damn simple. If you do those things, then to them you virtually don't exist. It's not hard to be invisible if you're willing to live without all of the toys and videogames. Or are you all just going to whine and roll over without a fight? Time to toughen up, Folks.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Look at all the money being funneled into black budgets and underground bunkers. All bought and paid for by the hard working sheeple. So when a big event happens do you think you will be saved? Reminds me of the leaked videos of underground bunkers by this trucker guy. They are sending in food, supplies and equipment to these bunkers by the truckloads. Multiple truckloads of stuff going underground. You gotta ask yourself how long does food being stored last? One would think we're in imminent danger of a future cataclysmic event that can happen at any moment. There is a seed bank already built up north, which tells me whatever is going to happen it entails fire and heat. So with that said, the only things that come to my mind is our sun, yellow stone caldera, nuclear strike, meteor impact.
Strange the bible speaks of the next destruction of the Earth being done by fire. Out of all of those the Yellow Stone caldera is the one that scares me the most.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

Agree with you totally.

A writer at Zerohedge commented these recent events with soldiers killing children in afghanistan, banks going crazy stealing our money, criminal cabals running washington and so on...:

"That brings us to the question of who the criminals are.  Well, the criminals can be seen when we look ourselves in the mirror: the criminals are simply us.  Not the President, nor Congress, nor the bemedaled pit-bulls staffing the Pentagon… they are simply the hangmen we choose to carry our criminal acts.  The criminals are us who allow ourselves to be governed by a warmongering, elitist gang serving special interests and not the people, the commons. "

link

[
edit on 19-3-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SlowlyLonely

Perhaps if you read this recent article:

Details about the NSA Spy center

if this link is blocked by NSA try this

alexanderhiggins.com (scroll down a bit)

NSA $2 Billion Quantum Computer Artificial Intel Spy Center

or

www.rense.com (and scroll down latest headlines)

The National Security Center's massive $2 Billion Dollar highly fortified top secret data center
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

I used to would have championed your points more loudly than you.

At this point, I don't.

These genocidal, Marxist, tyrannical globalist psychopaths are WORSE than Hitler and set him up as well . . . Bush Sr's father or grandfather funded Hitler to insure his success.

Check out their brash bold statements . . . they really do want to genocidally reduce the population down to 200 million.

twoday.net...

www.crossroad.to...

129."It's terrible to have to say this. World population must be stabilized and to do that we must eliminate 350,000 people per day" Jacques-Yves Cousteau, oceanographer and humanist, The UNESCO Courier, Nov. 1991, page 13

130."The commitment of government to deal with the population issue is of course essential...There are many ways to make the death rate Increase." Robert McNamara, Secretary of Defense, New Solidarity, March 30, 1981

131.The First and Second World Wars were wars designed to kill millions were not successful enough hence the new methods outlined in the Global 2000 Report...The world is populated with too many redundant people who must not be allowed to procreate and consume scarce natural resources...The Committee of 300 (Illuminati) commissioned Cyrus Vance to write a paper on this subject of how to bring about such genocide. The paper was produced under the title 'Global 2000 Report' and was accepted and approved for action by former President James Earl Carter, and Edwin Muskie, then Secretary of States, for and on behalf of the US Government." Dr. John Coleman, former intelligence agent of British MI6, from his report, Global 2000: A Blueprint For Global Genocide, written in 1992 concerning the depopulation agenda of the Club of Rome

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

We are going to have to accept CHANGE in order to evolve. But the NWO is only 'evil and scary' because of the resistance to change/evolution. Think about it:

Population Control
Global currency
Global communication
Technological advancements
(slow) Eradication of religion

How else will we quit killing each other over religion, race, or different ideologies? These things, I feel, have been given a negative connotation because not every one can see the big picture.

I have pondered, analyzed, and critically thought this thing out...

The New World Order

First of all, it creates a united, one world governement in which there are no boundaries and we all become global citizens

Population is reduced. This alone reduces crime, poverty (because there is more food for less people) and more land. More land means less industrialized locations in which food can be grown and be healthier because the soil is more rich.

Police State- less crime

One World Currency- no need to convert money; more convienent

Survival of the fittest- This is where being 'aware' and educated come into play. I really do feel that for the millions of people who chose not to grab education and 'snap out' of their zombie mode, maybe they do need to stay where their at. In a New World Order, there still is a need for a slave-labor only population. Lets face it. Thats the way of the world.

I will not live in it.

My progeny will not live in it.

We are the people you will have to slaughter on your way to Dystopia, the over-controlled, over-centralized wet dream of every dictator who has ever lived.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Don't shoot me, but I actually embrace a totalitarian, NWO state.

And actually, its about time.

Shoot you?

If you get your way, we won't have guns!

Not to worry - I'm trained in the use of war clubs, tomahawks, screwdrivers, ball peen hammers, and ink pens.

We won't have to go quietly.

Or alone.

Do you know how the Bosnians armed themselves at first? Hint: they didn't start out having guns - but their opposition did.

edit on 2012/3/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

lol you are a foolish to believe total power would end up in the right hands

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Having read the article, and following posts with some trepidation, it occurs to me that the reality of this situation is so unimaginable, so utterly shocking, that most people will not believe or understand the wieght of it. We are not just talking about the NSA spying on the citizens of the USA, and we are not just talking about the creation of a system capable of sorting swathes of data in myriad ways, for unknowable purposes.

The developments reported in this article, are not being understood for thier true weight by the person who wrote the article, and so it will be easy for others to misunderstand the import of this information. We are not talking about a single state, effectively under a totalitarian, tyrannical observation, but the entire globe. If this data sifting system is anything like as powerful as thought of by the writers of this article, and indeed the witness quoted in it, then this system will be capable of observing, retaining, and sifting data from all over the globe.

In effect, this system amounts to nothing less than an overt attack on the privacy of not just US citizens, but citizens of the entire free world, and many people in less than free countries. The fact that there is no massive outcry by other nations, shows that there has been complicity on the part of other governments, because there is no way that a system like this can be seen as anything other than a national security risk, by any nation not in control of a system of this nature.

I am utterly aghast, although not entirely suprised by this. I have to confess, I had the impression that such things either already existed, or were in the pipelines, but I thought that the limitation of national boundaries might have been observed, and the mess kept off other nations doorsteps. But that the US is prepared to go to these lengths, and be lax enough to allow even a smidgin of evidence for its existance to escape its clutches, means that they no longer care who knows to a certain degree. The only reason they would not care, is if their international counterparts already knew, and had a vested interest somehow, in seeing this technological behemoth bought to life, and put to work, in the service of God only knows what.

This is perhaps the most concerning report I have read on any subject for some time. There have been terrible happenings all over the world in the last couple of years, but this is not a localised issue, this issue affects, directly the entire population of the western world, and a significant proportion of the less economically developed nations in the world also. We are looking at a future in which every word, typed or spoken on the phone, could potentially be used against its author, comments made out of context read by a machine as evidence of unsavoury tendancies, and people investigated without legitimate due process. Justice has been abandoned, and no doubt the law will be changed to reflect that, and ALLOW this machine to continue to do its tyrants work.

We are entering a phase of our technological evolution where choices, hard ones, will have to be made. And these choices will not be made by faceless agency entities, directors of alphabet groups, and politicians dallying with the darker end of the rule book. The hard choices come now, for you and me. For the guy in the street, the businessman, the bus driver, the shelf stacker at your local supermarket.
Do we, as the net using public, the source of all the data that this machine will be looking at, allow ourselves, our every action to be monitored in this way? Do we allow the governments of the world to look the other way, and refuse to recoginse, officially, the illegal activities of this project? Or do we write to our politicians, do we take to the streets and protest? Do we drop off the grid, and return to our original state, paying over the counter in cash, rather than over the web with our cards?

We COULD reduce our target profile as free people, by boycotting electronic services in as many circumstances as is practical (and that would keep more people in jobs, so its a good idea anyway) but keeping communities of free thinkers going, across the international boundaries is going to be a rough gig if we have to ration our exposure to this horrific beast. The whole world is the wrong side of the looking glass now. Ladies and gentlemen of the free world, your future is at stake, and at great peril. Without action, the work of freedom and democracy will be undone, all its greatest works, and your personal liberty will perish in dust and smoke, so do not allow this to slip to the back of your mind.

This is the main event. Dont adjust your set, dont look away. This is the guts of the world, all exposed to the cool air of reality.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
2008-2016 will be looked back as the last chance to curtail government involvement in our lives. We are the last generation that knew what it was like. Every person born after the age of the Internet is already used to it and will accept it. There will be no revolution or revolt, it's too late. The government won, we lost, it will be an ever increasing blanket of government until it destroys itself.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick

Originally posted by johncarter
It is sad. If this nation is to be destroyed from within like the last days of rome then may it be so. If any, we truly have reached a point where the stench of our actions (yes even us ordianry shmoes voting forth these bastards) have made the world hate us like no other nation in the history of man. We have become worse then the Nazis.

This was an interesting post. Then you lost me with this gem. If you think we are currently worse than the Nazis, you need to review your world history.

But then again, as soon as anyone mentions "Nazis" as a comparison, I roll my eyes and click away. It's becoming cliche.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

Those who do not learn the lessons of history, are doomed to repeat them.

You certainly have your head jammed somewhere with its own weather system, pray tell, what is the weather like today up there?.

You have some intense deprogramming to do, if you cannot see the wood for the trees, you, in time will be the first line of fodder chewed up and spat out by the machine.

Here are ten things that directly correlate the USA and Germany in the NAZI era.

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy

2. Create a gulag

3. Develop a thug caste

4. Set up an internal surveillance system

5. Harass citizens' groups

6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release

7. Target key individuals

8. Control the press

9. Dissent equals treason

10. Suspend the rule of law

Read the article, find naomis lecture on youtube, it is very worthwhile watching.

Guardian UK

Oh and the DHS has just ordered 450million rounds of ammo, what do you think that is for?.
edit on 19-3-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join