It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those without Christ are demon possessed.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

There are many very good people who are not Christians, and equally there are many very bad people who profess to be Christians.

No matter how "good" you think you are, it will never be enough to satisfy God. Your righteousness on it's own is like a filthy rag in his sight.

Bad people who claim to be christian = Antichristians, the wolves in sheeps clothing and Jesus said to know them by the fruits of their labors (actions). Point blank if they do not follow Christ's teachings and live by his way, then they are not one of his.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Viking9019

Remember that the next time you celebrate Christmas,celebrate Easter,believe that your soul will pass over................i could on.....but i won't.

You do realize that there is a HUUUUUUGE segment of Christianity that rejects Christmas and Easter right?

I reject them now that i know the truth behind them and the lies told so that christians would sin without knowing it and be dragged to eternal death.

The R.C.C. took the pagan Roman holiday Saturnalia and just changed the name to Christmas. Even Tertullian said early christians refused to have anything to do with anything that had the stink of paganism on it and i am paraphrasing but its basically what he was conveying.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by PuterMan

There are many very good people who are not Christians, and equally there are many very bad people who profess to be Christians.

No matter how "good" you think you are, it will never be enough to satisfy God. Your righteousness on it's own is like a filthy rag in his sight.

Bad people who claim to be christian = Antichristians, the wolves in sheeps clothing and Jesus said to know them by the fruits of their labors (actions). Point blank if they do not follow Christ's teachings and live by his way, then they are not one of his.

Hey bro, we're all "bad". We're either repentant or unrepentant. I'm at the top of the list, here grab my hand I'll lead you to the cross.
I'm just one dirty ol beggar showing the other beggars where the free bread is.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There is something about religion that I have never understood, and no one has ever given me a satisfactory answer. Why does God need to be worshiped? Why does Jesus need to be acknowledged as our Savior?

If I were God, I would know that I was all-powerful, right? Why would I really need to have people bow down to me? If I was confident in my omnipotence, I wouldn't need or desire, or care if people believed in or worshiped me. If I were Jesus, I wouldn't need people to say "Jesus is my Savior". It would be good enough for me just to know that I was. As a mother, I do what I have to do to give my child the best life possible. I don't do it to get daily praise about what a great mother I am. Even without any acknowledgement, I would still do what I do as a mother - and I am a human with human emotions, like ego. I certainly wouldn't punish my child forever for not praising my mothering skills.

God/Jesus is supposed to be way beyond human emotion, so why the ego trip? What does he get out of it?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Why does God need to be worshiped?

Because He doesn't, God "needs" nothing. We worship Him for who He is and what He's already done and the promises He's made.

edit on 19-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Because He doesn't, God "needs" nothing. We worship Him for who He is and what He's already done and the promises He's made.

edit on 19-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

So in your opinion, God is totally cool with not being worshiped or acknowledged. Wish the OP (and some of my southern baptist relatives) could see it that way.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

There is something about religion that I have never understood, and no one has ever given me a satisfactory answer. Why does God need to be worshiped? Why does Jesus need to be acknowledged as our Savior?

Because you have a limited understanding of what God is. Our human minds cannot even begin to grasp at an inkling of understanding about him. All we know are what his prophets have told us about him and Jesus.

When he spoke to the prophets he had to do it in increments because the pain of hearing him talk would make their heads hurt to the point their ears and nose would bleed and they would beg him to stop talking so he had to spoonfeed them bits at a time to keep their heads from exploding.

He doesn't need to be worshipped, he wants to be loved. The act of loving is a form of worship. The entire purpose for creating Adam was to have a companion who would love him of his own choice. Jesus doesn't need to be acknowledge by anyone, he is who he is, but it is we who need to acknowledge him. He wanted a friend he could walk with and nurture. He wants to save you because he loves you, and he's done everything for you except believe for you and that you must do on your own, that is one thing he can't do for you.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

He doesn't need to be worshipped, he wants to be loved. The act of loving is a form of worship. The entire purpose for creating Adam was to have a companion who would love him of his own choice. Jesus doesn't need to be acknowledge by anyone, he is who he is, but it is we who need to acknowledge him. He wanted a friend he could walk with and nurture. He wants to save you because he loves you, and he's done everything for you except believe for you and that you must do on your own, that is one thing he can't do for you.

Why do we need to acknowledge him? Why do we need to believe? How does it change anything when we don't do either?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I hope the OP gets some serious mental help because this local case just yesterday is woman with the attitude.

She stomped her 5 year old son's head and chest; and repeatedly sliced his neck with a knife.

The local news showed her family's response and the whole "demon-possessed" mentality completely wiped any shreds of human decency from her mind, heart, spirit, emotions and soul.

www.kbtx.com...

edit on 19/3/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

If he doesn't need worship, why does he search for those who will worship him in spirit and in truth? What does it matter if he's not looking for worship?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Because you have a limited understanding of what God is. Our human minds cannot even begin to grasp at an inkling of understanding about him. All we know are what his prophets have told us about him and Jesus.

When he spoke to the prophets he had to do it in increments because the pain of hearing him talk would make their heads hurt to the point their ears and nose would bleed and they would beg him to stop talking so he had to spoonfeed them bits at a time to keep their heads from exploding.
This is hilarious. Isn't this god all-powerful? You're trying to tell me that he had no way of communicating to humans without almost killing them? Is he that careless with his power?

Also, being that our human minds can't even begin to grasp at an inking of understanding about him, how did the prophets understand anything about him? Weren't they just as human as we are?

He doesn't need to be worshipped, he wants to be loved. The act of loving is a form of worship.
Awwww, your poor wittle god wanted to be loved, so he created people to love him....that's so sweet. WTF? He needed a companion to speak with, lmao. He's the most powerful being to have ever existed, and he's lonely. Poor thing.

Awww, chum here Yahweh and let me hold it. Yeah..chum here wittle god, you're so precious...you need some wuv, chum here. Awww, so precious.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm possessed, but I couldn't say by what.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

I thought I was possessed by a demon, then I took a massive dump and it left. I don't know if that was a coincidence or what. While deficating, I did use the lord's name, so maybe that made the demon leave?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

So in your opinion, God is totally cool with not being worshiped or acknowledged. Wish the OP (and some of my southern baptist relatives) could see it that way.

No, meaning He was in perfect love and fellowship with His Son and His Spirit. He didn't have to create any of us. God didn't "NEED". People who need things likewise lack something. Make sense?

God lacks nothing, He's God.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

If he doesn't need worship, why does he search for those who will worship him in spirit and in truth? What does it matter if he's not looking for worship?

Because friend, He desires it, He's earned it for the simple fact of who HE IS, He doesn't "need" it. He's not an entity that lacks something to be needed.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Because friend, He desires it, He's earned it for the simple fact of who HE IS, He doesn't "need" it. He's not an entity that lacks something to be needed.
So he desires it. Same question. Why does an omnipotent being desire something? If you desire something, that means you lack it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Would you say He believes we should be more grateful?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
I hope the OP gets some serious mental help because this local case just yesterday is woman with the attitude.

She stomped her 5 year old son's head and chest; and repeatedly sliced his neck with a knife.

The local news showed her family's response and the whole "demon-possessed" mentality completely wiped any shreds of human decency from her mind, heart, spirit, emotions and soul.

www.kbtx.com...

Okay, not at all trying to claim this isn't a tragically sad story or that the woman isn't a sick twised piece of the devil's work. But let's not also make the foolish mistake here of using the exception to the rule to be the definition of the rule.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Would you say He believes we should be more grateful?

I think if we could all be more grateful to our own mom and dad here on Earth that we can be more grateful to Him. I know I have a long way to go, I can do better. I'm a piece of work, but thank God He's still working on me.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I think if we could all be more grateful to our own mom and dad here on Earth that we can be more grateful to Him. I know I have a long way to go, I can do better. I'm a piece of work, but thank God He's still working on me.
I can talk to my mom and dad, and I can clearly and concisely hear them speak back to me, and can see their lips move as they communicate to me. I can also describe their physical features and attributes. Line up all the people in the world next to my parents, and I can pick them out 100% of the time because I know their features so well. I have a true relationship with them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join