It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those without Christ are demon possessed.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
reply to post by metamagic

Here www.gotquestions.org... not that it will change your mind on anything but it will answer your question.
v-

It doesn't answer anything. It now appears to me that, even after attempting to engage you in polite and respectful dialog, you have no intention of answering any question that asks you to account for the contradictions of your stated position.

A a Christian, you are commanded to love others as you love yourself. Further, god has given you the parable of the good shepherd and the lost lamb as an example of the extent that he is prepared to go to in order to save a single wayward soul. Does your Christian conscience rest easy at the possibility that if you had only answered my few questions honestly that you might have saved a soul instead of turning someone away. Of course you will probably try to excuse yourself by saying that I would never have followed Jesus, but how do you know? You don't know my mind and this exchange may have been divinely orchestrated so that you would have been there to offer enlightenment at exactly the moment in my life I needed it. Or you can second guess god and assume that it didn't really matter how many souls you drove away.

Our dialog is done. If you are an example of how Christ manifests through one of his followers, then I want no part of this. Hopefully you will find true enlightenment and understand the true nature of god someday.

Peace

It's no skin off my back if you reject Christ. You're responsible for your own eternal fate. If you choose Hell that's your business, just remember once you're there you can't escape.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

(1) Explain the contradiction between your claim that no one goes to heaven except by believing in Jesus and the fact that Elijah was taken bodily to heaven;

Elijah gave more prophecies about the Messiah than anyone else. that He'd be God in the flesh, that He'd be born of a virgin, that He'd be killed, but not for His sins. Elijah knew more about the Christ than probably anyone in the OT, scholars sometimes call Isaiah the "5th Gospel" for how much content about the Messiah it contains.

Elijah is no different than us, he looked forward to the coming of the Messiah to make remission for sins possible, we look backwards in time to that very same Messiah.

edit on 21-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

It's no skin off my back if you reject Christ.

Well, it's certainly skin off mine. The blood Christ shed for him was just as red, and equally as precious as the blood He shed for you and I, glory to God.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It's no skin off my back if you reject Christ. You're responsible for your own eternal fate. If you choose Hell that's your business, just remember once you're there you can't escape.

John 13:34-35

A new commandment I give to you that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you may also love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples if you have love for one another.

Matthew 7:15-23

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. 21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Well, it's certainly skin off mine. The blood Christ shed for him was just as red, and equally as precious as the blood He shed for you and I, glory to God.

Thank you.
edit on 21-3-2012 by metamagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Thank you.

No need to thank me friend, thank Him. I love you because His Spirit is inside me, and He loves you infinitely more than I ever could hope to. I'm a jacked up sinner, it's only by His grace that we're redeemed. I'm just a broken soul that hopes to be His loving hands and feet.

Hugz and high 5's.
God Bless you sir,

NuT

edit on 22-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

. If you choose Hell that's your business, just remember once you're there you can't escape.

Sure you can. Satan has to sleep sometime

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

He will still send them to Hell for rejecting him.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Thank you.

No need to thank me friend, thank Him. I love you because His Spirit is inside me, and He loves you infinitely more than I ever could hope to. I'm a jacked up sinner, it's only by His grace that we're redeemed. I'm just a broken soul that hopes to be His loving hands and feet.

Hugz and high 5's.
God Bless you sir,

edit on 22-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

If Jesus said that the sum of the law is to love another,
and you no longer abide by the law or are no longer under it,
and you claim to be a sinner, then how is it that you love?

If Christians believe that sin leads to death and are themselves sinners,
then how can they claim to love God with their whole being as the bible says is required for eternal life?
Jesus, who never spoke on his own behalf, said,"If you love me, obey my commands."
Or do Christians really believe that if you love Jesus then sin is just a natural human choice,
and that this choice should be accepted by all, especially Christians, even though sin leads to death?
If you are a broken soul & have the Holy Spirit as you claim, then why don't you at least think that your soul magnifies the Lord like Mary did, after all, she is blessed AMONG women, not ABOVE women as you yourself believe that Jesus loves us indefinitely.

“My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.
For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.
And his mercy is for those who fear him
from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with his arm;
he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts;
he has brought down the mighty from their thrones
and exalted those of humble estate;
he has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has helped his servant Israel,
in remembrance of his mercy,
as he spoke to our fathers,
to Abraham and to his offspring forever.”

And wherefore can this grace be from if you are so candid to tell others of your "jacked up sinner" status, knowing that God's mercy is reserved for those who know him well enough fear him in the form of deep respect, keeping in mind that he has the ability to destroy both body and soul?

Do any of you believers really believe that sin leads to death? Or do you believe the one who says you were born to sin, that God gave the law to show us how we are so unlike our Christ?
Do any of you believers really believe that it's okay to sin/disobey God and still think that God is going to bring you to heaven?
To me that's like thinking that if you kill someone (by encouraging enabling and condoning sin,
because sin leads to death) in the name of God, then you get to heaven with 72 virgins.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Because we're all sinners. We're either repentant or unrepentant ones. Jesus' blood doesn't make us perfect, just forgiven. His Spirit leads and guides us, which is utterly awesome, but we can act in the flesh if we're not careful. Look carefully at Paul's letters to the Corinthians. Paul calls them brothers in Christ, saved, redeemed, et cetra, and they were sinning terribly. Instead of having communion they were having communal sex. He was exhorting them to quite and grow up to spiritual maturity. I guess I'm just way too hard on myself, the closer one gets to Christ the more we see our own sin and how far from righteous we are by our own.

I'm not perfect man, I make mistakes and do and say things I wish I had not. I'd like to say more, here, just super exhausted, wanted to reply before I went to sleep. I saw you added me as a foe, why is that? I hope I haven't been a douche to you. If so, I'm sorry for that, can you forgive me for whatever I did to you?

God Bless,

NuT

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You don't decide that though, it's up to God. We're called to love and serve. Christ can do the sorting at the end, I'm sure He's capable without my help. I'll love people, 1 Corinthians chapter 13 is still in my Bible. It's an M.O. Christ died for everyone, and I can' figure out how you Christians who love to judge can see the future. I'd love to run into the Christians who back in the day all told me I was going to hell before Christ saved me.

Looks like they were proved about 10 years ago to be false prophets/teachers huh??

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You don't decide that though, it's up to God. We're called to love and serve. Christ can do the sorting at the end, I'm sure He's capable without my help. I'll love people, 1 Corinthians chapter 13 is still in my Bible. It's an M.O. Christ died for everyone, and I can' figure out how you Christians who love to judge can see the future. I'd love to run into the Christians who back in the day all told me I was going to hell before Christ saved me.

Looks like they were proved about 10 years ago to be false prophets/teachers huh??

"Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!" -1 Corinthians 6:3

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Yeah, I know, 1 Corinthians 6:3 was one of my favorites too when I was wanting to judge everyone else around me. Now, do a word study on "Judgment". You should notice there's a huge difference between discernment with intent to exhort and judgment with intent to condemn.

God Bless,

NuT

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

Because we're all sinners. We're either repentant or unrepentant ones. Jesus' blood doesn't make us perfect, just forgiven. His Spirit leads and guides us, which is utterly awesome, but we can act in the flesh if we're not careful. Look carefully at Paul's letters to the Corinthians. Paul calls them brothers in Christ, saved, redeemed, et cetra, and they were sinning terribly. Instead of having communion they were having communal sex. He was exhorting them to quite and grow up to spiritual maturity. I guess I'm just way too hard on myself, the closer one gets to Christ the more we see our own sin and how far from righteous we are by our own.

I'm not perfect man, I make mistakes and do and say things I wish I had not. I'd like to say more, here, just super exhausted, wanted to reply before I went to sleep. I saw you added me as a foe, why is that? I hope I haven't been a douche to you. If so, I'm sorry for that, can you forgive me for whatever I did to you?

God Bless,

NuT
Spiritual maturity, how does that come about since you are no longer under the law and believe it's impossible to stop sinning? Is that all in the mind like repentence is, the sinner's way?
I just think it's interesting that you think that the closer you get to Christ the clearer your choice to sin. Or did God not give you freedom of choice?
Also, how is it you say you have the Holy Spirit inside you, then claim to see how far from righteousness you are by your own?
I know it's not fun to be rejected, Jesus was rejected, he told his followers that they would be rejected, and still, so many Christians seek and hope for that which Jesus said they would not have, acceptance from the world and friendship with the world.
You know what Paul called those people brothers in Christ. Well, here's what Jesus said:
"Anyone who does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."-Mark 3:35
I don't require you to ask for forgiveness, I would just appreciate it if you, and many other Christians, would actually listen to Jesus before using him as a plastic bubble.

It's not fun listening to someone claim to be a Holy Spirit filled guided repentant sinner with a broken soul speak of discernment and judgement while pointing fingers in all directions, because we are all sinners. "None are righteous."
I say:
"The righteous hates falsehood, but the wicked brings shame and disgrace." Proverbs 13:5

This describes to me, the modern Christian:
2 Peter 2:19 They promise freedom, but they themselves are slaves of sin and corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: to add

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Spiritual maturity, how does that come about since you are no longer under the law and believe it's impossible to stop sinning?

The sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in a believer's life. We can't expect to be "babes in Christ" forever. That's what Paul was exhorting the Corinthians to do, to stop their rampant sin and press on to spiritual maturity. And I didn't make the claim it's impossible to quit sinning, John the apostle did. He said if any of us claim we have "no sin" we are only "deceiving ourselves" and the "truth isn't in us".

Tough words.

I just think it's interesting that you think that the closer you get to Christ the clearer your choice to sin.

That's not at all what I said. Straw man.

Also, how is it you say you have the Holy Spirit inside you, then claim to see how far from righteousness you are by your own?

Because I'm not the Holy Spirit. Acting on "my own" means acting in the flesh, not the Spirit of God.

edit on 24-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

. If you choose Hell that's your business, just remember once you're there you can't escape.

Sure you can. Satan has to sleep sometime

He isn't the jailer, Jesus is because he has the keys of death and hell now. Satan will be chained up just like everyone else that ends up there. Its not hell btw, its Sheol, the abode of the dead. There is no fire or flames in hell, this comes from people who do not know what it is. It is eternal darkness, the darkness and oblivion of death eternal.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

2 Peter 2:19 They promise freedom, but they themselves are slaves of sin and corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved.:

To me, this describes everyone. No one who is a slave to sin will enter into the kingdom. Who enables you to be free of sin? The Messiah.

Btw that chapter of 2 Peter involved false prophets and false disciples and you judge all christians when you do not know them, which is called "bearing false witness". Keep a lid on your hypocrisy lest it cause you to be a slave to the very sin you accuse everyone else of. It also makes you one of those false disciples.

edit on 24-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

What's wrong with getting what we deserve? Don't we deserve to be tortured in fire forever because we can't muster the faith to believe in any god, but more specifically your god? It IS a just punishment, right?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Wonders

2 Peter 2:19 They promise freedom, but they themselves are slaves of sin and corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved.:

To me, this describes everyone. No one who is a slave to sin will enter into the kingdom. Who enables you to be free of sin? The Messiah.

Btw that chapter of 2 Peter involved false prophets and false disciples and you judge all christians when you do not know them, which is called "bearing false witness". Keep a lid on your hypocrisy lest it cause you to be a slave to the very sin you accuse everyone else of. It also makes you one of those false disciples.

LOL @ "single verse theology."

Sure, let's not even consider that 2 Peter is a polemic about false teachers, heretics and wolves!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

What's wrong with getting what we deserve? Don't we deserve to be tortured in fire forever because we can't muster the faith to believe in any god, but more specifically your god? It IS a just punishment, right?

He's been banned from ATS, He can't respond to you anymore.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join