It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi GOP Passes Anti-Abortion Bill With Heartbeat, Transvaginal Ultrasounds, Personhood, And

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Interesting how the political whores in the self righteous trip are ignoring the will of the voters and going behind their backs to pass this bill.

This bill or one that was as intrusive and anti freedom was defeated last fall overwhelmingly by the voters, still the religious freaks in the government has violated the voice of the voters and step over their rights to pass the bill.

As usual this will be taken to a higher court because it was defeated already and probably the people choice will stay.

No this not about who is right or wrong is about how the government in the state is bypassing the will of voters for personal religious agendas

This bill clearly seeks to force something into law that the people recently rejected, and would continue the GOP war against birth control. This is one of the most outrageous anti-women bills I have ever heard of and if the Senate has a shred of reason and any respect for women it will kill this bill.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

If this is what you believe then clearly you are clueless about the matter being debated at hand.

No, I'm not clueless. I give women a lot more credit for being in control of their bodies than you seem to. Your arguments are way off the subject. Abortion is already legal, this law doesn't deny anyone access to abortion. It requires a waiting period of a few days. I believe the ultrasound aspect is misguided - there's no reason that I know of not to allow a non-invasive type of ultrasound.

You're sorry for that, but you want to force that child to have the pregnancy? You want to put her in jail for choosing abortion? If this is your position then I don't believe you feel 'sorry' at all about her situation, rather that she doesn't choose to listen to you.

You completely took that one out of context and are twisting it way out of shape. That is not and never was "my position." The 15 year old did not get pregnant as a result of the rape. There is no place in this country that would put a 15 year old in jail for choosing an abortion. Abortion is legal. I'm not arguing that it isn't or that it shouldn't be.

Rape is a horrible thing, and yet we must force these women to bare another 9 months of pain and pregnancy after this crime? Do you know what that does to somebody psychologically? Why don't you look past your own political and social agendas and respect what those women are going through, respect their situation, respect that it need not be your business.

Again, nobody is forcing any woman to go through a pregnancy after the crime of rape. And yes, I DO know what that does to someon pyschologically. I know very well exactly what that does. Except the people I know of CHOSE to go through the 9 months, no one forced them to. It was difficult but they CHOSE it.

I have no agenda. I am only commenting on a thread based on my personal experiences. As for it not being any of my business - you are very sadly wrong. Every child that is or is not born is the business of EVERY one of us. People that hide behind all the usual buzzwords and attack those that express an opinion contrary to theirs miss the point.

When you attack a person for expressing an opinion, and take all their words and twist them and proclaim they believe this or that or have an agenda, you completely destroy free dialogue. When you destroy free dialogue, the one with the loudest, most obnoxious voice wins. That's how a lot of political damage has been done in the world.

Once again, abortion is legal. I'm not debating it should or should not be. I'm not lobbying for this bill or against it. I am simply adding my comments based on considerable experience in the hope that anyone who cares to listen and not debate may choose to ponder a little bit on what I have to say. It's always a risk to do that, I guess, because a lot of people immediately decide to turn you into a target.

I certainly respect your feelings, but I do not condone your attempts to claim to speak for me.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Why are conservatives who are worried about non-government intrusion have no problem using big government to intrude on others when they see fit? Abortion, Gay Marriage, Don't as Don't tell.... on and on.

They sure wouldn't want to give the kid/mother food stamps once it was born......

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Our 2 pony horse show WHILE not agreeing on womens rights or our countries budgets

has agreed on :

1. Indefinate military detention (oh but we won't do this to you....) NDAA
2. Felonies for protesting
H. R. 347 makes protest of any type potentially a federal offense with anywhere from a year to 10 years in federal prison, providing it occurs in the presence of elites brandishing Secret Service protection, or during an officially defined 'National Special Security Event' (NSSE). NSSEs , ( an invention of Bill Clinton) are events which have been deemed worthy of Secret Service protection, which previously received no such treatment. Justified through part of 'Presidential Decision Directive 62 in 1998; Bill Clinton created an additional class of special events explicitly under the authority of the U.S. Secret Service.

Past NSSE events included the funerals of Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan, and the national security concern that was Superbowl XXXVI. Other NSSE protected events include the Academy Awards and the 2008 Democratic and Republican National Conventions. I suppose presidential candidates, no matter how insane they may be are deserving as much security protection as Brad and Angelina's sex life. The dangerous part of this 'executive order' lies not in the triviality of a SuperBowl receiving taxpayer funded Secret Service protection -- but in the convenience manufactured for any President desperate to hide deliberations of groups like the G-8, the G-20 and the World Trade Organization. The classification of such events as NSSE -- insures the rich and powerful against any pesky accountability or transparency to the unwashed minions -- namely the US public. HR 347 & S. 1794 insulates such events as the G-8, WTO and presidential conventions against tough questions and politically justified protests.
The House vote tally which took place 02/28/12, was 338 for and 3 against. The three dissenters were Rep.Paul Broun R-Georgia, Rep. Justin Amash R-Michigan and Rep. Keith Ellison D-Minnesota. Rep. Ron Paul was reported earlier as having voted against the bill, but that was based on the original vote conducted 02/28/11. Rep. Ron Paul ABSTAINED on the final vote.

www.youtube.com...

And then the SOPA/PIPA .. stuff, there will be another Bill .....

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

EVERYONE SHOULD UNDERSTAND ONE THING!!!!
And that's what this thread is about

It's NOT about the above article but rather what the article really means.

I know it's Mississipi, but that's not the point

Some of you may think Republicans are crazy people who don't believe in science or are people that would resurrect witchcraft trials.
Others may thinik that Dems are crazy people too with some of those crazy social engineering beliefs that they have.

Truth is, do you honestly think that these people in power really believe in ALL of this or would you agree that it's nothing more but a disctraction?

As you all know with recent events there has been no time in history where that many world leaders have fallen down in the Middle East.
Also the never ending wars, read my signature if you are for these wars.
But too many immoral wars and all the spying big brother nonsense, sanctions against foreign sovereign nations, the corruption of the drug war, bankers controlling the economy, goldman sacchs, and so on and so forth.
Now with all of these things going on in and from the U.S. you have the fact that no nation on this planet is more divided on social issues then the United States.

Do you think that this is mere coincidence or by design?

So while this thread could turn into nothing more than partisan bickering we can instead look at it with a completely different set of eyes.

What do you think?

I'm not really convinced that this whole phenomenon is a distraction, but lean more towards the belief that it's a desperate effort to mobilize the parties core voter bases in an election year. Four years ago the gay community was the primary target of their attacks. This time the women are taking the brunt of the damage.

The issue of abortion is so emotional and divisive that I usually prefer to steer clear of these debates. I could never bring myself to have an abortion, and I stand in opposition to it being used as a casual form of birth control. That being said, however, I am an adamant supporter of women's reproductive rights, and therefore pro choice. Yeah, I'm weird.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cwg100
Abortion is already legal,

Quiet right there, and I certainly hope it stays that way. I also don't believe that women should be harassed because of the choices they make, which is exactly what this law does.

I have no agenda. I am only commenting on a thread based on my personal experiences.

Once again, abortion is legal. I'm not debating it should or should not be. I'm not lobbying for this bill or against it.

So in other words, you have no real position on this Mississippi bill in the OP and whether abortions should be a legal option for women? You're on the fence?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
So in other words, you have no real position on this Mississippi bill in the OP and whether abortions should be a legal option for women? You're on the fence?

I'm confused too. I've tried to follow the posts - - but I'm confused.

Is there a real position there?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

with all of these things going on in and from the U.S. you have the fact that no nation on this planet is more divided on social issues then the United States. Do you think that this is mere coincidence or by design?

It is by design- divide and conquer, and Americans are too stupid to know it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

That is truth when it comes to politics and religion, but interestingly I already posted that in the State of Mississippi the people got together and by the power of their right to vote the defeated another version of this bill, but the government wants to push this other bill with more wording up the rear ends of those that already voted against it.

That means the votes of the people means nothing to those that are in self righteous agendas of their own.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
What are your opinions on late term abortion people?
Would you kill this?

edit on 17-3-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

All the fuss over women's rights, has anyone watched this video yet and given thought to the human rights aspect of it all? I'm amazed that those for abortion have not yet posted their views on this video.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
All the fuss over women's rights, has anyone watched this video yet and given thought to the human rights aspect of it all? I'm amazed that those for abortion have not yet posted their views on this video.

Human rights is individual Right of Choice.

You do not think for me.

Your emotions are yours - - they have nothing to do with me.

I have seen those videos. I've also seen LIVING CHILDREN starving and dying videos.

Why don't you go watch those videos.

edit on 18-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
wow...'how dare you invade my privacy and my choices by making me look at something I'm about to kill.'

This should be passed in every state. Tired of the whole 'its my body i can do what i want' excuse. When you kill another human being it's murder, whether it's in your body or not.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Thousands of starving suffering LIVING CHILDREN can tell me how they FEEL.

Provide one aborted fetus to tell me how it FEELS.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
How ironic, that in the "Land of the free", women aren't free to make the choice about continuing on with a pregnancy that may not be wanted, may have come about through rape, or may cause serious financial destitution.

Think about that, next time you support your government invading another country in the name of "freedom".

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
wow...'how dare you invade my privacy and my choices by making me look at something I'm about to kill.'

This should be passed in every state. Tired of the whole 'its my body i can do what i want' excuse. When you kill another human being it's murder, whether it's in your body or not.

It is none of your damn business.

You do not dictate to me how I am suppose to think - - - or even believe.

You aren't even a woman.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh, and that one too "you aren't a woman so its none of your business."

Lets see...someone was alive and a decision was made to 'terminate' this life. Doesn't make a difference whether you are man or woman, someone was killed, because a decision was made to end said life. The facts about what this is do not change depending on if you are a man or a woman.

And yes, when someone decides to kill other people it IS everyones business...thats why murder trials are on the news sometimes. So tired of 'its my body ill do what i want.....you're a man so just shut up...its my choice nobody elses' blahblahblah.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by jimmyx

or to start a campaign to get the wives of these senators to just say no!!!

come, they want abstinanence....let's give it to them!!!

no sex unless a baby it wanted....

my guess is that within a month, the senator's office would be flooded with phone calls from angry sex deprived husbands!

My guess would be that is exactly what they would want. No sex unless you intend to have a baby. So that nobody has to be killed.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Yes it makes a difference that you are a man. I don't care what your beliefs are. You do not support Right of Choice for a woman. You have no rights when it comes to my body - my belief - my decision.

FACT: a fetus is a parasite in a woman's body. It is not a Living Being. Your belief is irrelevant. And I don't care whether you like it or not.

Ultimately though, to have a "right to life" requires that one be an individual capable of living an independent existence. One must "get a life" before one has a "right to life." A fetus is not a separate individual - it lives inside a pregnant woman and depends on her for its growth. In fact, the biological definition of "parasite" fits the fetal mode of growth precisely, especially since pregnancy causes a major upset to a woman's body, just like a parasite does to its host. I'm not trying to disparage fetuses with the negative connotations of the word parasite; in fact, parasites and their hosts often enjoy mutually supportive relationships, and this would include most pregnancies. However, the parasitic relationship of a fetus to a woman means that its continued existence requires her consent - if she continues the pregnancy unwillingly, her rights and bodily integrity are violated. www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is just a shaming tactic and it's silly. When a woman goes to an abortion clinic she knows what she is there fore. There is no point in these tests other than shaming. Furthermore, a vaginal ultrasound is not going to show you much more than a traditional one.

All silliness and it won't stop abortions. You want to stop abortion? Provide wider education and free access to birth control. Heck, I'd give out free IUDS and Depo Shots. To those who say women should just not have sex-Well, maybe we should. I bet you guys would be fed up with that within two weeks. Humans like to screw regardless of what any holy book says. You have to deal with that reality.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Yes it makes a difference that you are a man. I don't care what your beliefs are. You do not support Right of Choice for a woman. You have no rights when it comes to my body - my belief - my decision.

FACT: a fetus is a parasite in a woman's body. It is not a Living Being. Your belief is irrelevant. And I don't care whether you like it or not.

Ultimately though, to have a "right to life" requires that one be an individual capable of living an independent existence. One must "get a life" before one has a "right to life." A fetus is not a separate individual - it lives inside a pregnant woman and depends on her for its growth. In fact, the biological definition of "parasite" fits the fetal mode of growth precisely, especially since pregnancy causes a major upset to a woman's body, just like a parasite does to its host. I'm not trying to disparage fetuses with the negative connotations of the word parasite; in fact, parasites and their hosts often enjoy mutually supportive relationships, and this would include most pregnancies. However, the parasitic relationship of a fetus to a woman means that its continued existence requires her consent - if she continues the pregnancy unwillingly, her rights and bodily integrity are violated. www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org...

Someones opinion from a pro choice website does not make it a fact. If you had read the original post you would have noticed that one of the things the woman would now have to do is witness the heartbeat before killing the child. Heartbeat means alive, alive means life...so yeah its alive...and then it dies...fact. Claiming this is all about the rights of woman and not allowing woman to make decisions is all BS. It's a way to catch the attention of certain people that will be like 'yeah what about womens rights,' and then suddenly you are anti woman if you do not support abortion. Completely ridiculous. The only 'womens rights' that I have an issue with is the one being discussed here. Its wrong for anyone to kill another human being, but for some reason a woman thinks she can reserve the right kill a child for pretty much any reason under the sun.

I've noticed that this thread is your hangout...just waiting for someone to voice their opinion so you can jump right in and tell them how wrong they are for not supporting womens rights, interesting.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join