It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi GOP Passes Anti-Abortion Bill With Heartbeat, Transvaginal Ultrasounds, Personhood, And

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cwg100

whatever.....
I just know I would have been screwed- and my kids would have been screwed, if I had been unable to walk!!!

or I couldn't see...
or run!!

but then, maybe you friends and cousins maganged to get help that I wouldn't have been able to get!!!

would love to know how you quadepleligic cousin managed to dress a one year old by the way!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
why do these republican lawmakers sound as if they went to the taliban school of manhood? if i was a woman right now in these states, i would be organizing other women to pick up baseball bats and go down to their state capitals, and show those asshats how it feels to have something forceably inserted into their bodies.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

or to start a campaign to get the wives of these senators to just say no!!!

come, they want abstinanence....let's give it to them!!!

no sex unless a baby it wanted....

my guess is that within a month, the senator's office would be flooded with phone calls from angry sex deprived husbands!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Keep in mind the abortion topic is not only about UNBORN children
abortion happens throughout trimesters even with BORN children

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

For the record, my blind friend did not ever receive a dime of government help. She did not receive help from family either. She did have neighbors and friends who would volunteer to drive her places, but that was the extent of "help" she got. She cooks, she sews, she plays musical instruments, etc. She has one glass eye and her other eye is completely useless. This is not someone who is just "legally" blind, this is someone who sees nothing.

My cousin had the choice of letting the government support him and pay his medical bills or getting a job and getting his own insurance. He chose to get a job. He worked himself nearly to death, literally. He was a technical writer. One of his nurses fell in love with him when he was first hurt (he was that kind of a guy - funny, charming, the world's biggest heart) and quit her job and packed up and moved when he went home so she could be near him. For ten years he told her to go find somebody else that she could have a life with and she refused. After 10 years, they were married. They adopted an infant with deformities, got him the medical help he needed, and raised him with a work ethic. No, my cousin did not dress their little boy when he was one. His wife and mother did those things, and my aunt devoted her life to caring for my cousin. She kept herself in shape by walking on a treadmill every day until she passed away at 92. His wife and his mother were the only help he got and they were all he needed. He refused to accept handouts from the government, even though it nearly killed him.

Probably more than you wanted to know, but I think it's important for people to realize that there is a great deal of value in EVERY life. Just because a person (or fetus) is not whole doesn't mean he/she/it does not deserve life and can't have a good one. Just because their life is tough doesn't mean they'd rather not have it. You don't see a lot of fulfilled, productive people that haven't had some difficulty to overcome. So why should we say, a fetus that has problems doesn't deserve to live? Or that a woman who has challenges shouldn't have a baby.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cwg100

I am not diminishing the value of your cousin or friend....
just saying. the blind women will never actually be able to read the library book that her kids bring home from school will she?? she won't be able to see that metal fork in her child's hands as he sets about to plug the thing into an electrical socket, will she...
a mother who cannot walk will not be able to chase after her child when she see them about to run out into a busy highway....

when my kids were young my family lived a half a country away, my hubby was making a living as a truck driver, I was in a new location (hubby relocated for the job)....
there was no help, I wouldn have been screwed, my kids would have been screwed, if I the problem that was interferring with my ability to walk had been worse!
if a women who finds herself in such a decision, well, I wouldn't be trying to take away any option from her! it's her that might end up bedridden listening to starving children crying for the food she is unable to prepare for them, or whatever....it's her decision as to how much sacrifice she wishes to make to give one an opportunity to enter our world...not mine, and not yours!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

a mother who cannot walk will not be able to chase after her child when she see them about to run out into a busy highway....

NO - - she'll just WAP you with her crutch.

Man does that hurt.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

if a women who finds herself in such a decision, well, I wouldn't be trying to take away any option from her! it's her that might end up bedridden listening to starving children crying for the food she is unable to prepare for them, or whatever....it's her decision as to how much sacrifice she wishes to make to give one an opportunity to enter our world...not mine, and not yours!!!

By the way I agree with you.

But - I did have a disabled mom who WAPPED us with her crutch.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What are your opinions on late term abortion people?
Would you kill this?

edit on 17-3-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

So they're going to spend money harrassing women and monitoring wombs? I seriously hope somebody steps in against this.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Does anyone really think that those that keep promoting war are really anti-abortionists?

It's just as dichotomous as those who endorse killing unborn babies are anti-war.

I don't endorse killing babies. I don't believe a fertilized egg is a baby. I don't believe you have the right to regulate and control pregnant women, I don't believe pregnant women are dolls. I protested against the Iraq war back in 2003 and yes I oppose unnecessary wars.

Look, states are going to do what they wnt. That pesky 10th Ammendment.

Yes, like slavery, interracial marriage bans, segregation, stripping the rights of women to vote. Yes, States rights huh?

Don't like it?

Don't move to that state.

And if fascism overtakes the rest of this country, why don't tell folks to simply move to Canada? We can go on like this.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
GOP

The party of the haves and soon to haves, the only reason the GOP is still relevant in American politics is because of states like Mississippi which is coincidentally the poorest and one of the least educated states in America. Most people in Mississippi vote god before voting in accordance to their Economic interests. That is the reason why a lot of people in Mississippi are living in poverty while receiving food stamps, then they go out and vote for Republicans.
edit on 3/17/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm alittle confused about the intentions of your thread:

EVERYONE SHOULD UNDERSTAND ONE THING!!!!
And that's what this thread is about

It's NOT about the above article but rather what the article really means.

Are we talking about abortion and womens rights, or are we talking about political distractions?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This is what the government of Mississippi is working on when the only things Americans want from there government is more jobs and a better economy. Mississippi is the poorest state, let that be the project next year?

Priorities people!!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I'm alittle confused about the intentions of your thread:

EVERYONE SHOULD UNDERSTAND ONE THING!!!!
And that's what this thread is about

It's NOT about the above article but rather what the article really means.

Are we talking about abortion and womens rights, or are we talking about political distractions?

Starred!

But back at you
If you understood and agreed why be so off-topic yourself
Unless you didn't agree with me

Did you?
edit on 17-3-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cwg100
This is just about abortion. It's not about men controlling women

If this is what you believe then clearly you are clueless about the matter being debated at hand. Abortions involve fertilized eggs, it involves the bodies women, it involves what a women can do with her body. It does inevitably come down to control, control over what women can and cannot do with their bodies. Can you explain to us how these types of abortion laws do not control women? Is the womb technically not part of the womens body? Is this what you're saying?

I have four children who "should" have been aborted according to society's standards. They are the delight of my life.

And I commend you for making the decision to go ahead with having those kids. I commend even Sarah Palin for willing to take care of her child trig. But your experiences and your decisions should not have to be forced upon other women. I support encouraging women to go forward with their pregnancies, I support programmes being implemented to support young and single mothers. Supporting and pushing invasive laws over their wombs, over their lives, over their decisions, will not bring them to sympathize with your position or your decisions.

If a 15 year old is raped, that's tragic. But there is help for a person in that circumstance. Obviously you've been through anguish and I am sorry for that.

You're sorry for that, but you want to force that child to have the pregnancy? You want to put her in jail for choosing abortion? If this is your position then I don't believe you feel 'sorry' at all about her situation, rather that she doesn't choose to listen to you.

Rape is a horrible thing, and yet we must force these women to bare another 9 months of pain and pregnancy after this crime? Do you know what that does to somebody psychologically? Why don't you look past your own political and social agendas and respect what those women are going through, respect their situation, respect that it need not be your business.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
can you imagine the damage that would be done if they took away her birth control pills (some of these laws we see coming up could possibly do that), and she becomes pregnant and the doctor insisted that she have an abortion, then a court decides in favor of the doctor's opinion and orders it??

a women I knew in NY were on drugs that were kind of similar probably (she was kind of psychotic) and the court actually ordered she have an abortion. it kind of screwed her up a little all on it's own??

I mean, what would the anti-abortion people prefer??
letting people who are on dangerous drugs have their birth control pill, let them get pregnant and then force them to have an abortion, or maybe we can take the medicine away, and the case of the lady I know, society can just cope with a pschotic running around for nine months.....????

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Aw, looks like irresponsible women will have to go to the next state to kill their unborn children.
What an inconvenience.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
Aw, looks like irresponsible women will have to go to the next state to kill their unborn children.
What an inconvenience.

Didnt know it was only women who were irresponsible when it comes to pregnancy....oh, thats right, they arent. men are historically far more irresponsible than women in this matter.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Having sex and not expecting to deal with the consequences seems pretty irresponsible to me.
It takes 2 to make a baby, so how about you stop playing the victim card.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join