It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi GOP Passes Anti-Abortion Bill With Heartbeat, Transvaginal Ultrasounds, Personhood, And

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Oops!

edit on 18-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
people need to go back in history and look up the arguements for both sides of ROE vs.WADE. there was alot of reasons why this was passed, remember, there was much more opposition to it then than there is now. the deaths of tens of thousands of women was just one of the reasons. ROE vs.WADE was not passed lightly, it was a tough ethical struggle on both sides and for the high court themselves.

Being 65 - - I know what life was like for many young girls and women prior to legal abortion.

I saw many a young girl shipped off to another state by her parents - - and have her baby ripped away from her with no legal recourse.

Women who's husbands would show up just long enough to get them pregnant AGAIN! Then split and/or spend all their money at the local pub.

Abortion has always been and always will be. Legal abortion has done away with the back alley butchers.

One reason abortion was made legal - - - was to protect women's health.

The "self-righteous" "holier-then-thou's" - - need to mind their own business.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water

Originally posted by Annee

Forcing laws on women that already have legal right to abortion - - - is wrong and an invasion of their Right of Choice.

Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. We should always question any laws that violate human rights.

...apparently a womans right to determine what happens in her own body doesn't fit your requirement for human rights. you can just adopt the laws of the taliban...they just murder their wives or girlfriends that have abortions...hell they even murder their own sisters, daughters, and mothers if they have an abortion....

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Annee

Forcing laws on women that already have legal right to abortion - - - is wrong and an invasion of their Right of Choice.

Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. We should always question any laws that violate human rights.

...apparently a womans right to determine what happens in her own body doesn't fit your requirement for human rights. you can just adopt the laws of the taliban...they just murder their wives or girlfriends that have abortions...hell they even murder their own sisters, daughters, and mothers if they have an abortion....

At first, I couldn't understand why a few of you on this thread would spout such garbage but now I realize that you have no where to stand on the argument so you try to use comparisons that make no sense to support your views because you are incapable of offering an intelligent debate on the truth about abortion.

The right to a human's life trumps the right to a woman's choice any day.

There are reasons why sick people in the world don't legally have the right to murder, rape or molest others. Because the right to what they do with their body will cause direct harm to someone else's. This is why that argument is invalid. Woman have the right to trim their bush, but they shouldn't get to trim away the body parts of another human. That living person inside them should have their own rights.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

What part of you don't have to live with the consequences of another woman's choice and they do, do you not get? You aren't the one that has to endure physical changes, financial hardships and resource usage a new child brings with it. They are If there weren't a surplus of uneducated and hungry children in the world you might have a point worth considering. Hell lets not even say the world, how about just solving those issues in this country. It is unfortunate that we live in a world where abortion is a necessity for some. You are not fit to make anyone else's decisions for them period. You are not fit to pass judgement on anyone else's decisions for them period. Seeing as how the morons that passed this bill are the same collection of morons that are trying to make birth control or outlaw it altogether one has to wonder if they are trying to build up a population for a huge war or a permanent underclass.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The right to a human's life trumps the right to a woman's choice any day.

This is purely your personal opinion. Tell me, do you believe human life and a human being are one in the same?

Woman have the right to trim their bush,

In plain english, women have a right to refuse sex (even in the case of rape and incest), their wombs however are owned and regulated by the government.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

In plain english, women have a right to refuse sex (even in the case of rape and incest), their wombs however are owned and regulated by the government.

No it should be owned by the human who is growing in it, and that human should be protected. Their right to life protected, just like the rest of us. And, whether or not you believe a fetus is a human being, you would not be here right now if your mother had an abortion.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

You aren't the one that has to endure physical changes, financial hardships and resource usage a new child brings with it.

If it's so bad to have another baby, then don't get pregnant.
Carelessly getting pregnant and then killing the baby because it "inconveniences" you, should never be acceptable.

It's extremely easy to avoid getting pregnant. If people were more responsible, and better educated, this wouldn't be an issue.

Track your fertility and avoid sex on ovulation day(s). They even make an app for that! Easy.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
GOP ? Exactly how did the GOP change a law when its a states rights issue.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm personally glad that a state finally did the right thing.
A woman SHOULD see the unborn child, hear the heartbeat and see the unborn child move before deciding to allow a Doctor to take a vacuum cleaner hose with a sharp dual edged knife attached and slice up the unborn child.
The woman should know clearly the choice she is making however, I would go a step further. I would enact a law that requires the woman to view the entire event live as it occurred from inside her womb.

This issue has nothing to do with "Choice". It is rather the selfishness of the woman who is unable to care more about something other than herself that is the real issue.

Seriously, some people would flip out of this procedure was done to a dog but stand by and clap when it's done to an unborn child, who through no fault of it's own is about to be slaughtered by it's own mother.

Having an abortion is no different that plotting and carrying out the murder of a toddler or another adult. It's the same.

What defines life to you? A heartbeat? Breathing? Brain activity? Guess what, the unborn do all of these things, even breathing. (Yes, fluid for 9 months, but it still breathes in and exhales)

Yes, I do feel pretty strong about this subject and I will make no apologies for my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

GOP controls the state legislature. The law or one similar to it was already voted down by the state residents.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You aren't the one that has to endure physical changes, financial hardships and resource usage a new child brings with it.

Track your fertility and avoid sex on ovulation day(s). They even make an app for that! Easy.

Yeah this because it worked so well for us before we had things like birth control. Quit acting like unwanted or unplanned pregnancies is some kind of modern problem it isn't. The only thing that really changed was people quit hiding it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Yeah this because it worked so well for us before we had things like birth control. Quit acting like unwanted or unplanned pregnancies is some kind of modern problem it isn't. The only thing that really changed was people quit hiding it.

(sigh)
This is why we need better education on the subject. Yes, it is easy to avoid pregnancy. Believe it or not, it's quite hard to get pregnant. You really have to have exact timing to hit the 72 hour window of every month that will get you pregnant. Learn how to avoid it, and your fine. If your not sure or need to have sex during that time, then wear a condom. Isn't this so much easier than killing a human life??

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

No it should be owned by the human who is growing in it,

Oh, so the fertilized egg owns the womens body? That's a first.

and that human should be protected.

A fertilized egg is not an actual human being.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

No it should be owned by the human who is growing in it,

Oh, so the fertilized egg owns the womens body? That's a first.

and that human should be protected.

A fertilized egg is not an actual human being.

Does this look like a fertilized egg to you?
If you support abortion, then look good and hard at what abortion is.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

you would not be here right now if your mother had an abortion.

I wouldn't care - because I wouldn't know.

I keep asking you to provide the voice of an aborted Fetus. Still waiting.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Yes, it is easy to avoid pregnancy. Believe it or not, it's quite hard to get pregnant.

Really? Its hard to get pregnant?

How nice of you to speak for all women.

Oh wait - - you are talking about yourself. You've declared several times how regular you are and you can plan like clockwork.

Thank the medical world - - because if it wasn't for birth control and abortion - - - I'd be just like the Duggars - - - pumping out a kid every year.

I got pregnant while on birth control pills.

Here - - read the complexities of the Menstrual Cycle - - you seem to think is so simple

The menstrual cycle, under the control of the endocrine system, is necessary for reproduction. It is commonly divided into three phases: the follicular phase, ovulation, and the luteal phase; although some sources use a different set of phases: menstruation, proliferative phase, and secretory phase.[1] Menstrual cycles are counted from the first day of menstrual bleeding. Hormonal contraception interferes with the normal hormonal changes with the aim of preventing reproduction. en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 18-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What's the difference in Mississippi between a corporation, a fetus, and a woman? One of them isn't considered a person.

Saw that on the Daily Show.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Does this look like a fertilized egg to you?

No it doesn't, because it isn't a fertilized egg:
discover8.com...

As for abortions, I don't like abortions, but ultimately it should be a choice.

Women have control over their bodies as nature had intended. Putting laws and throwing tax money in order to change this reality, or demonizing them for their choices, will not change the cycle of abortions at all. By going off the way you do, you only turn more people against your movement.

Here's alitte advice for you. You want to limit the amount abortions out there? Why not preach to women about the positives of adoption? Why not advicate support on both a federal and state level for single mothers? Instead of showing pictures of dead fetuses and forcing your own views of where life begins on everybody else?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Oh Yes! The infamous photo from 1993.

The photographer has since softened her approach - - - now photographing early fetuses against a purple background.

Because even she admits the rarity of late term abortions is not representative.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure I could find some very graphic photos of LIVING CHILDREN who are at the edge of death. They can actually tell you how they feel.

But that's OK - - we'll just pat them on the head and tell them - - - birthing every "not yet living" fetus is more important then you.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join