It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi GOP Passes Anti-Abortion Bill With Heartbeat, Transvaginal Ultrasounds, Personhood, And

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Mississippi Republicans are once again waging war against women. The anti-abortion forces in Mississippi won passage of a bill in the state House on Wednesday that would effectively ban abortions after the detection of a fetal heartbeat, which is after approximately six weeks of pregnancy, and defines life as beginning at conception, which would ban many forms of contraception. The bill may also require doctors to use transvaginal ultrasounds. It’s basically a four-in-one abortion bill.

www.addictinginfo.org... ption-measures/

EVERYONE SHOULD UNDERSTAND ONE THING!!!!
And that's what this thread is about

It's NOT about the above article but rather what the article really means.

I know it's Mississipi, but that's not the point

Some of you may think Republicans are crazy people who don't believe in science or are people that would resurrect witchcraft trials.
Others may thinik that Dems are crazy people too with some of those crazy social engineering beliefs that they have.

Truth is, do you honestly think that these people in power really believe in ALL of this or would you agree that it's nothing more but a disctraction?

As you all know with recent events there has been no time in history where that many world leaders have fallen down in the Middle East.
Also the never ending wars, read my signature if you are for these wars.
But too many immoral wars and all the spying big brother nonsense, sanctions against foreign sovereign nations, the corruption of the drug war, bankers controlling the economy, goldman sacchs, and so on and so forth.
Now with all of these things going on in and from the U.S. you have the fact that no nation on this planet is more divided on social issues then the United States.

Do you think that this is mere coincidence or by design?

So while this thread could turn into nothing more than partisan bickering we can instead look at it with a completely different set of eyes.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'll just have to observe the thread.

I don't think I can be clear headed and objective to this personal invasion.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I'll just have to observe the thread.

I don't think I can be clear headed and objective to this personal invasion.

I understand what you mean

But that's what they want
They want you to get all riled up, the left against the right
They want them to debate with each other about what can be called complete nonsense compared to what's really at stake here.

I understand that this topic specifically, as you say "personal invasion" is somewhat important but this, gay rights, gays in the military, gay marriage, planned parenthood bla bla bla is anything compared to the complete loss of liberties, potential slavery in the future due to bankruptcy, coup d'etats, and mass murders etc...?

Imagine in the future what people would say
They would say "How foolish were we?"
"We all focused on the manufactured facade"

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Does anyone really think that those that keep promoting war are really anti-abortionists?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think religion and gov't work best when they are far apart from each other.
when the two become entwined too closely we end up with a spirit that is more related to the bibical anit-christ than to God.
I think that what is going on in the world today with all the religious rising up and trying to get more control in our gov't IS from that spirit that I would refer to as antichrist.

I think that the greatest attrocities on earth in the name of "God" occured when church and state were intertwined.

And, I think that the oppression of the women is an integral part in the oppression of MAN...since one has to be conditioned from birth to be subservient and it is women that is chosen to play that role of the perfect servant as an example to her children.

as for the news from mississippi, well..
when the news starts coming out about women dying or being physically damaged because they were force to carry babies their doctors knew only too well were endangering them....
maybe more women will take notice, get orgainized and send a clear message.
why wait for women to die??
we could send a pretty clear message right now!!
unless you want to have kids, just say no!!
give them what they say they want...
ABSTINANCE...
weather single or married, young or old, mother or childless...
unless you want to have a kid, just say no, stick with it, explain to your significant other why, encourage your friends to do the same, write letters to the wives of the legislators that voted for this stupid bill, encourage them to do the same.....

because, I bet you ten to one, that many of the ones with the biggest mouths about it...don't really want abstinence...not for themselves!! My bet is that the stupid bills would end or they would show their true colors and advance to the next stage,......and the laws would start being formed to enforce male dominance....

edit on 17-3-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
And, I think that the oppression of the women is an integral part in the oppression of MAN...since one has to be conditioned from birth to be subservient and it is women that is chosen to play that role of the perfect servant as an example to her children.

An interesting thought
But men are men and women are women

Kids are born in their mother's womb, the mother always feels more of a connection with the kids than the father because of this.
And a motherly nature is quite natural.

I'm not changing the toipc but some may confuse the perfect mother with the perfect servant.

Because it's not only kids, women tend to their husbands more lovingly because of that very same nature.

It's tricky subject because some of what you saying is slightly correct so it can become quite gray.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's too bad people who are against this measure can't apply same kind of tactics that Pro-LIfer's do in some towns with Huge 4 Foot tall Posters of "supposedly" aborted fetus's do.....and really give them what they want.

They want to climb up in women's privates and control them.... Take HUGE 4 foot tall Posters a of their ...ahh hems....and protest on their street corners and send pictures in to all the reps supporting it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

sorry, I added to the post above before I saw you responded, just wanted to point that out...

dependency=servitude...
a women who is totally dependent on her husband is more apt to do things that they wouldn't do if they weren't as worried about how she would come up with the money to buy the babies milk if he wasn't around, she'd put up with more crap, ect...
and a man is more likely to go way off base in that area in a climate where the economy and the laws are geared to enforce some religious preconcieved notion that she is to subservient....

and a child who is within a home where dad is playing lord, mom is playing faithful servant to the lord, and it's all God's plan, well, that child, weather male or famale, will be more apt to accept their preordained role in the world....

what I think I am saying is that this is the kind of world they are trying to resurrect. they've tried to paint it over, provide an illusion of freedom, and well, it just too far out of their control....
and one of the steps to gaining it back will be for the women to leave the workforce (can you think of an easier way to get them out than to take their birth control away and let them have five or six babies?) and returned to her "proper place" in the home!!!

then a few generations down the line, they can have their world where "Gods" hierarchy can be restored, with "God" appointed leaders ruling by divine rights.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I think you are over thinking this. To me, all this is is a way to make women understand what they are doing. It's real easy to get an abortion when you don't have to see what it is you are actually doing. If a woman is made to see the human growing inside her, and see the heartbeat, and all of that, then she will have the true perspective of the situation. I mean, if it is just a group of cells then what's the problem with looking at said cells before the procedure? I think that pro-choice proponents know that they are killing life... they always have known that, which is why they don't want to actually see it before they kill it. Out of sight, out of mind. Good for you Mississippi.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It's pretty sad that TPTB have managed to convince some women that saving unborn children is somehow an attack against women's rights and that they should be angry. Whatever happened to common sense? If you don't want a baby, don't get pregnant. If you get pregnant, that child's safety is now your responsibility. But no, women on the left are full of excuses about how it's selfish to have kids. Yeah, right. Having that child and making the sacrifices required to give that child a good home.... that's real selfish of us. How blind some people are to see the real selfishness lies in the women who fool themselves into thinking they are saving a child from a life full of misery when the fact is they are murdering their own children for their own selfish needs.. I hope anyone who has had an apportion spends their next 100 lifetimes experiencing being an aborted baby over and over again.

This isn't just a distraction, it is a real issue, one that will drive people like me are willing to fight for. And I don't just mean argue.

And for those who thing the right disregard science, maybe you should go look into what science has discovered about unborns. You are not killing a group of "cells". You are killing a living body with a heartbeat and brainwaves. But go ahead and keep fooling yourself into somehow thinking that's not life, and that's not your baby your killing. After all, you have a dress to fit into and you don't want to get fat right? Appearances are much more important than being a good mother. And god forbid you give up your social life, or have to quit drinking, or even worse, clean up your act so you can be a positive example to your child. Keep telling yourself the world is full of problems as you selfishly murder your own young.

We need Ron Paul now more than ever, he seems to be the only person who understands common sense.

Not even the most radical feminist would find it okay to tear apart a recently-born baby just because it is not wanted by its mother. All other considerations aside, the only reason many individuals can support abortion with a good conscience is because they believe it’s not murder… and that unborn babies do not count as human beings.

Recalling his personal observation of a late-term abortion performed by one of his instructors during his medical residency, Ron Paul stated, “It was pretty dramatic for me to see a two-and-a-half-pound baby taken out crying and breathing and put in a bucket.”

“I am strongly pro-life. I think one of the most disastrous rulings of this century was Roe versus Wade. I do believe in the slippery slope theory. I believe that if people are careless and casual about life at the beginning of life, we will be careless and casual about life at the end. Abortion leads to euthanasia. I believe that.”

link

This is not just a distraction, this is probably one of the most important issues in human history. Those for abortion think they are protecting women's rights, those against abortion are protecting the rights of all humans by protecting their right to exist. Their right to life.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Finally, I have this theory about the GOP lawmakers waging war on women in A-merry-ca: They are men who, for whatever reason, were not too fond of women in the first place. I suspect that this is a chance to get back at all those women who wouldn't give them the time of day when they were in high school and college. For them, it's payback time.

They couldn't get a vaginal probe then, but they will be damned if they don't get one now.
field-negro.blogspot.com...

S&F

the quote is from an article that is mostly about other subjects but...

funny how we're expected to be afraid of muslim fanatics and sharia

but give xtian fanatics a pass

yeah right

edit on 17-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
These people have no respect for life what so ever. I have proposed to some of them what could have happened to my daughter under this type of ruling had she become pregnant after being raped at 15, and not being able to tell me for 3 years because it was too traumatic for her. That even without the pregnancy we had to have her hospitalized for suicide prevention because of how traumatize she was.

They told me that if she had become pregnant she should be force to carry it...even if it would likely push her over the edge ..and cause he death..

Yeah they love life... NOT

Read it here

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
New sign for Mississippi:

Welcome to Mississippi & Freedom.
No big Government here.
Pregnant ? Please pull over so we can
shove some Mississippi freedom up your *****.

Oh and free guns on your left.
edit on 17-3-2012 by sealing because: ad info

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Truth is, do you honestly think that these people in power really believe in ALL of this or would you agree that it's nothing more but a disctraction?

Do you think that this is mere coincidence or by design?

So while this thread could turn into nothing more than partisan bickering we can instead look at it with a completely different set of eyes.

What do you think?

I think many conservatives believe in this, just like I believe in some social engineering.

But what makes this worse is the religious imperative, when people claim to know gods
will that is when things get hairy and Mississippi has gotten hairy.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
These people have no respect for life what so ever. I have proposed to some of them what could have happened to my daughter under this type of ruling had she become pregnant after being raped at 15, and not being able to tell me for 3 years because it was too traumatic for her. That even without the pregnancy we had to have her hospitalized for suicide prevention because of how traumatize she was.

They told me that if she had become pregnant she should be force to carry it...even if it would likely push her over the edge ..and cause he death..

Yeah they love life... NOT

Read it here

They love what the Jesus tell them to do (not sure which one has a phone line to Jesus
however...)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well then in cases like what I faced and described. If their forcing a pregnancy on someone puts their life at risk either physically or EMOTIONALLY..they should be prosecuted for attempted murder, because it is premeditated and intended .

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Does anyone really think that those that keep promoting war are really anti-abortionists?

Yes, I really do, I have met them, it is a crazy world

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

rt.com...

what about keeping your eyesight...do you see it selfish for a women to abort a baby for keep from losing her sight....
or the ability to walk...
or her life!!!!

or just her freedom to take the drugs she needs to just live independently??
just how much does she have to be willing to give up, to be seen as not selfish in your eyes?

by the way, most church's hand over the decision as to weather or not there should be sex in a marriage over to the husband, with one simple command...wives, obey your husbands in all things!!!
so, well, kind of dumb to have a bunch of believers now telling those women that hey, don't have sex!!!
kind of conflicting here, isn't it???

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
Well then in cases like what I faced and described. If their forcing a pregnancy on someone puts their life at risk either physically or EMOTIONALLY..they should be prosecuted for attempted murder, because it is premeditated and intended .

Ah, but who has the sense to think about steps 4 - 10???

All the nasty things in this world are protected by the simple fact that it is all too
easy to ignore the consequences of decisions.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This really upsets me because these people are so focused on controlling others, they dont think about anything but the unborn life...

AND it just tears me apart thinking about what my daughter has gone through, and how much I LOVE HER SO MUCH, and they would wish her dead basically to try to save an unborn nonviable life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join