It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi GOP Passes Anti-Abortion Bill With Heartbeat, Transvaginal Ultrasounds, Personhood, And

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Any one of those LIVING CHILDREN can tell you how they feel and suffer. Please provide one aborted fetus to tell me how it feels. Make it easy. Have it post its feelings in this thread.

Well according to that logic, you can go around murdering infants and say oh well, they didn't tell me how it feels, too bad for them.

And why do you keep trying to bring living children into this. Is killing unborns helping living children to keep living? Am I missing something here? Are we feeding the starving children of the world our aborted fetuses, is that what this is?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
The miracle of life . .

There are thousands of LIVING HUNGRY CHILDREN.

A real MIRACLE of LIFE - - - would be to feed all of them and keep them fed.

edit on 18-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

The miracle of life . .

Are you feeding them your fetuses? Because I don't see what feeding hungry children has to do with women using abortion as birth control.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Are you feeding them your fetuses? Because I don't see what feeding hungry children has to do with women using abortion as birth control.

How sad.

Nothing more to say.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Because that's how absurd you sound when you try to use deflection tactics to defend your right to murder your young.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It is not a son or daughter - - it is/was nothing but a bunch of cells

We are all made up of living cells. So what. Is that your argument for abortion? Try again.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

18,000 children die every single day of hunger/malnutrition.

Yes, that is sad. What are you doing to help them? Get off your butt and go feed them if your so concerned. Sitting on a forum promoting the murder of unborns isn't going to feed those kids.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The miracle of life . .

so...what's your solution?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Yes, that is sad. What are you doing to help them? Get off your butt and go feed them if your so concerned. Sitting on a forum promoting the murder of unborns isn't going to feed those kids.

so what's your solution if a woman has an abortion? prison? death sentence? 20 lashes?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So the law says they have up to 6 weeks to murder their child so whats the problem.

Anything after 6 weeks they can't.

For the record over 50 million babies have been aborted the miracle of life and semantics as to the war angle well

in a war the person can fight or run that child can't do anything one has the chance at victory or cutting and running as opposed to no chance at living at all.

Abortion is legalized murder but then again so is war.
edit on 18-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by Annee

so what's your solution if a woman has an abortion? prison? death sentence? 20 lashes?

Here is my solution. Abortion should be outlawed except in rare cases of abuse or if the mother's life is threatened. And then those cases should be carefully looked at on a case by case basis to determine the most humane approach.

Kids need better sex education. Not only to understand the physical consequences (pregnancy) but also the social (self respect.)

Everyone needs a refresh course on what it means to respect life and human rights, for all humans. Just like we are told to drink responsibly, we need to have sex responsibly. Track your ovulation, or use a condom. Abortion which is ending an human's right to existence, should never be used as birth control.

Treat the problem at the source. Don't wait till there is a human life to debate over. It shouldn't even get that far. Abortion doesn't have to be an issue if people were more responsible. And it can be done. I don't take the pill for health reasons. It's quite easy to know which days of the month to not have sex, or to wear a condom. Hell, they even make an app for that!

So which do you think is more humane? Preventing pregnancy to begin with? Or waiting until life has begun, and selfishly cutting it short.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

A lot of elective procedures require waiting periods. Sometimes it's the doctor's own policy, sometimes it's the insurance company, sometimes it's logistics. This gives the person time to consider all choices, get second opinions, etc. It makes a lot of sense to require a waiting period for someone whose going to have procedures that carry risks and abortion carries an assortment of risks. Why not have a fully informed patient? Why not require they put the same thought into it as a person who is going to have a nose job or a knee replacement?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by Annee

Here is my solution. Abortion should be outlawed except in rare cases of abuse or if the mother's life is threatened. And then those cases should be carefully looked at on a case by case basis to determine the most humane approach.

Kids need better sex education. Not only to understand the physical consequences (pregnancy) but also the social (self respect.)

Everyone needs a refresh course on what it means to respect life and human rights, for all humans. Just like we are told to drink responsibly, we need to have sex responsibly. Track your ovulation, or use a condom. Abortion which is ending an human's right to existence, should never be used as birth control.

Treat the problem at the source. Don't wait till there is a human life to debate over. It shouldn't even get that far. Abortion doesn't have to be an issue if people were more responsible. And it can be done. I don't take the pill for health reasons. It's quite easy to know which days of the month to not have sex, or to wear a condom. Hell, they even make an app for that!

So which do you think is more humane? Preventing pregnancy to begin with? Or waiting until life has begun, and selfishly cutting it short.

really? that's it? look at it on a case by case basis?.....1.5 million abortions a year and where is this money going to come from? and who is going to ejudicate every case?...and who's going to investigate each case? who will pay for that?....and if the wealthy take a plane out of the country to have an abortion, how will you control that? are you going to subpeona 1.5 million doctors? or 1.5 million people that perform an abortion?....will each doctor be able to have a jury trial? will each women be representated by a lawyer as the constitution guarentees?
and what if you actually find a woman guilty and she has 5 other kids...do you send the 5 kids to CPS, then to foster homes? how long are the sentences? will she have the right to an appeal? and what if she gets out of jail and she does it again?

edit on 18-3-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cwg100
Why not require they put the same thought into it as a person who is going to have a nose job or a knee replacement?

Because by the time you've made the decision - - - you've already been through everything in your own mind.

This is invasion of an individuals Right of Choice. And its wrong.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Finally a reasonable approach - the OP is right. Abortion as an option in the case of threat to the mother or rape (and very, very few pregnancies fall into these categories). For everybody else, a little knowledge and self-regulation.

If you think abortion is just getting rid of a mass of cells, you are deluding nobody but yourself. Abortion is a legal option, and a political tool. But if you choose it, call it what it is - a convenience, the killing of human tissue, a deliberate choice NOT to allow a life you yourself have conceived to continue.

A pregnancy is not a mass of cells. It is a human being in development. If you doubt that, ask the fourteen year old young man in my living room right now. His birthmother was raped by her father at knifepoint. She had plenty of reason to terminate the pregnancy that resulted, but chose not to. Instead, she carried this little boy to term and gifted him to us. He is a wonderful kid, sensitive, loving, smart, funny, handsome, athletic, and has an incredibly gentle disposition. I know what his mother went through, and how difficult it was for her to follow through on her decision to place him for adoption. Nobody made her do it. She was presented all options. But she chose life for him, in spite of how he came to be. She is my hero. She had other children, but they did "suffer" because of his life.

Complaining that other children would "suffer" if a pregnancy continued is the most obscene thing I've ever heard.

Mass of cells indeed. Stop kidding yourselves.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cwg100

Excuse the typoe - I meant: "they did NOT suffer because of his life."

On the contrary. A lot of children have benefited because of his life. As have I.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

This is invasion of an individuals Right of Choice. And its wrong.
No, what's wrong is having no respect for human life and making every excuse in the world why we should support abortion.

Reasons for abortion:
74% Having a baby would dramatically change my life
73% Can’t afford a baby now
48% Don’t want to be a single mother or having relationship problems
38% Have completed my childbearing
32% Not ready for a(nother) child
25% Don’t want people to know I had sex or got pregnant
22% Don’t feel mature enough to raise a(nother) child
14% Husband or partner wants me to have an abortion
13% Possible problems affecting the health of the fetus
12% Concerns about my health
6% Parents want me to have an abortion
1% Was a victim of rape
less than 0.5% Became pregnant as a result of incest

These statistics show that most people use abortion as birth control. Not as a last resort due to a medical emergency. This should never be viewed as ok.

Everyone who ever walked the earth was able to live because their parents didn't have an abortion. There are even some that have survived an abortion and are still living today. If you have an abortion, you will forever wonder who your baby might have grown up to be; you may have just deprived the world of a great artist, political leader, scientist, important military leader, etc. There is of course the chance that they could turn out as a bad person, but everyone deserves a chance to make the world a better place.

Try looking at it from the eyes of an abortion survivor

Look upon the face of what you support when you support abortion. If you support it, you need to understand what it is, so look at it, look at it hard.

Remember the woman who originally sued over the right to have an abortion changed her mind and is no longer pro-choice.

edit on 18-3-2012 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2012 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
people need to go back in history and look up the arguements for both sides of ROE vs.WADE. there was alot of reasons why this was passed, remember, there was much more opposition to it then than there is now. the deaths of tens of thousands of women was just one of the reasons. ROE vs.WADE was not passed lightly, it was a tough ethical stuggle on both sides and for the high court themselves.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cwg100
If you doubt that, ask the fourteen year old young man in my living room right now.

I don't care. That is your story.

I was raped by an ex-boyfriend - - I know what it is to be raped. (but no it did not result in a pregnancy).

Your personal beliefs and how you feel - - has nothing to do with me.

Forcing laws on women that already have legal right to abortion - - - is wrong and an invasion of their Right of Choice.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Forcing laws on women that already have legal right to abortion - - - is wrong and an invasion of their Right of Choice.

Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. We should always question any laws that violate human rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join