It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
God and Christianity are slowly being removed from society. It is a slow process but I can see it happening.

I hope things will go back to normal where good dominates.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleSun

Originally posted by Vsc1981
If these words are words of pagan stories then you are living in a farie tale.... Come on read it. Don't talk down on somebody cause they believe in the bible. Thats whats wrong with our country and the world today.

If you have read the bible and don't see that the stories in it come from the ancient Sumerian texts and the Egyptian Book of the Dead, then you are living the tale. It is nothing except for re-told stories from religions around thousands of years before the Jews left EGYPT (where they learned them). Do you say "Amen"? At the end of your prayers? If so, congratulations on ending prayers with a "pagan" tradition - the way that Egyptians ended prayers with the name of their God - Amen - meaning "powerful one".

Just like your post I would say just regurgitated lies and half truths you read along the way as you picked thru erases hear and there in the bible with no understanding . There is only one way to study the bible and truly know its secrets and that is to believe and be guided by the holy spirit.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Borglikerace
God and Christianity are slowly being removed from society. It is a slow process but I can see it happening.
I hope things will go back to normal where good dominates.

John Lennon was also a profit. Like Jesus he brought a light of truth into this world. Our technology is near the point of realizing his dreams too. Imagine...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by The GUT

I respect you and know you are a thinking person.
So I won't get too much into a debate of religion with you...you know what you read, you know how to someone whom is not loaded with faith, how absurd many/much/most of the old testament sounds.

So, I will ask you this then.

What is your view on the literal translation projects going on now that appear to both be a more accurate representation of what the language truely says, but more importantly, gives a more logical story being uncovered (if completely opposite of the normal modern day kjv style OT)

A personal opinion: If the current projects somewhat agree with 1 Enoch--which is admittedly not found in the "Bible"--I would be more open to them in spite of the decent arguments being made against these new "literal" translations.

I do find them interesting so far, I admit, but I also find the term "literal translation" to be somewhat problematic--especially in light of colloquialism as relates to any language, ancient or modern, along with a few other issues.

In Daniel there's a debatable passage that seems to indicate there is some knowledge that will be "sealed up" until the latter times. So, I keep an eye out for such. 1 Enoch being an example.

Both Daniel and 1 Enoch allow me to collate some of the more difficult issues in the OT, btw.

Ultimately, my own personal search has lead me to the basic conclusion that the things we really need to know in the Bible are "man proof."

Meaning, I don't discount attempts by some translators to obfuscate, but that any attempt fails in slurring the basic and most important message contained therein.

I try not to quote much scripture here, but I find the following passage to be a good clarification of some of my feelings about the matter.

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

It does just that to me in a way I've found--over the course of time--preternatural. I understand that's a personal opinion, but I also find the Word to be multilayered in a way that other religious texts aren't. Like it claims; "Living" if that makes sense.

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate the "nod." I've never been shy in stating what an exceptional mind I find yourself.

Off Topic: I've been waiting for an exceptional atheist mind to tackle an OP on Consciousness. Maybe you're game? See ya, brother.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

i chose to surround myself in a bubble because i am aware that God chooses man- man does not choose God.
having understood that i dont waste my time studying some thing twice that i have already debunked. most of you think because i follow the bible that i have not opened my mind to different possibilities.. i did not spend my life in a church as most of you think every christian has.. as a matter of fact i struggle today my self to follow the divine teachings but i keep pushing. --i have probably read more book than all of you here(not counting your harry poter). --if you are interested in what others have to say . why not sit and listen while they discus iv gave the wold a chance to show me something that could fit all the mysteries of the universe an it did.-

would you argue with some one who said the earth was flat?

You said that you don't go to those threads because you don't believe in that stuff, implying that you don't even acknowledge other points of view. That is why I said you were close minded.

I don't hold all of these stereotypes about Christians, because I know most of them are decent, everyday people. Members of my family are devout followers, and I was always taught that what one chooses to believe is their own business. When it comes to matters of faith and the soul, it's between you and God. I believe that we are part of something much bigger than ourselves. I don't think the amazing reality of our existence is a coincidence. However, I can not say who, why, and for what purpose.

I think it is awesome that you found the answers that you are looking for. I think the Bible is full of good things to live by such as love, kindness, charity, and all that. I just don't accept it as the literal word of God. I don't see how anyone can.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
if your god is so almighty then why would he need to make over 80,000 different variations of his bible. wouldn't he need to make just one? the thing is man has written every single one of those books. not just that, there is no original. to me it sounds like your god was a space alien and the confused people didn't know how to interpret it. not just that, there are 16,000 different discrepancies in each volume. your god doesn't seem all mighty after all. ignorance denied.

I totally agree

It does, what it sounds like to me is someone who wanted to halt the advancement of mankind & civilization through a spanner in the works

its almost like an outside force found & come to earth, made up a pack of lies in order to create maximum kaos and diversions much like an outside country infiltrates another to cause division and problems it all aids to slow it down while you sit on the fence laughing

weather thats an ET race or the devil, who knows probably why the UFO question is hidden by all major powers, just a thought,

Either way religion has been a problem through history, if there are so many prophets and gods then, you really do have a problem here, either many people are lying or one or more people is intentionally ripping our world apart for what ever self interests or reasoning, either way you look at it it wouldn't be for our benefit

Remember when the governments said IT WOULD DESTROY RELIGION

iTS BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL FALSE ! religion is ET propaganda designed to make us fight agaist each other and stuck killing each other on this rock,
edit on 13-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

Originally posted by PurpleSun

Originally posted by Vsc1981
If these words are words of pagan stories then you are living in a farie tale.... Come on read it. Don't talk down on somebody cause they believe in the bible. Thats whats wrong with our country and the world today.

If you have read the bible and don't see that the stories in it come from the ancient Sumerian texts and the Egyptian Book of the Dead, then you are living the tale. It is nothing except for re-told stories from religions around thousands of years before the Jews left EGYPT (where they learned them). Do you say "Amen"? At the end of your prayers? If so, congratulations on ending prayers with a "pagan" tradition - the way that Egyptians ended prayers with the name of their God - Amen - meaning "powerful one".

Just like your post I would say just regurgitated lies and half truths you read along the way as you picked thru erases hear and there in the bible with no understanding . There is only one way to study the bible and truly know its secrets and that is to believe and be guided by the holy spirit.

That's completely wrong. When I read it I was an agnostic searching for meaning. It was encouraging. Together with some new-age texts (The 5th Sacred thing, and The Celestine Prophesy) it makes perfect sense. I've yet to meat a preacher who can continue the hate-rants to my face... like gays, prostitutes, druggies, ... "what you do to the least among us you do also to me". Respect the social missfits and you might learn something more than you'd expect - try smoking a joint instead of taking those OPIUM pills too.

extend+: I've also met many people who claim to have the holey ghost such that thier words are supposedly devine while they go on to perscribe hate on women (abortion law stuff), or gays, or other people created by God to be who they were born to be. I thought of softening my "That's completely wrong" with this edit but just can't seem to feel it. Instead maybe to clarify it... that claiming the holy spirit is a requirement to getting meaning is clearly wrong. And if a person truly has the holy spirit in them and at least a 1-time read through then there really isn't that much to be gained by going for details - unless its to CONTROL people through a form of technical bravado convincing them how great you know "the word". Try being nice instead.
edit on 3/13/2012 by reitze because: extend+

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
This thread it totally rampant with naysayers and people who claim to be denying ignorance but are truly enforcing it. I have absolutely nothing against other spirituality's and religions, really, that's between you and your higher power. But I believe that in order to deny ignorance, you have to be informed. If you are not informed, and are spouting your mouth, you are enforcing ignorance. Plain and simple.
If you want to really challenge those of us who believe, go for it. Bring your best. Simply saying "OP YOU SAID WE ALL KNOW THE BIBLE IS GODS WORD WELL GUESS WHAT???!?!?! WE ALL DON'T KNOW THAT," is silly. Bring you best, that's just juvenile.

I really see no intellectual difference between saying "OP YOU SAID WE ALL KNOW THE BIBLE IS GODS WORD WELL GUESS WHAT???!?!?! WE ALL DON'T KNOW THAT,"

......and saying

"WE KNOW THE BIBLE IS GODS WORD..... BECAUSE IT SAYS SO!!!!!"

This truly is a headf*ck. Why can't god exist independently of the bible? Why can't you speak to him in your mind, why do you have to read books about him written by others? How ridiculous! Why don't you just go straight to the Source, why study other's opinions on God. Let me get this straight, the only way to find god is to read another's opinion on Him? And the "naysayers" are the idiots? Why do we have to bring our best challenge towards something that does a fantastic job of discrediting itself? Why don't the "believers" as you call them pull something out of their ass for the first time that proves without a shred of doubt that the Bible is the Truth. Oh, because you can't? Because God works in mysterious ways? Because he likes to f*ck with your mind? And what about all the books that the Roman Church removed from the bible all those years ago? And the additions since? And the dozens of translations and mistranslations? The bible today is very, very different from the original bible, which version is the correct one? Meh, whatever, believe that stuff if you want to, I have no authority over your ideas. But don't call me an idiot just because I don't so easily slip into a delusional state of mind and drop my intellectual barriers to let the occasional bit of rubbish in.

And furthermore, assuming God did write the Bible and given the unlimited supply of ink and paper on planet earth, why is it so bloody short? Surely life's a little larger than a few hundred pages, especially when you exist for eternity? Or is that little manual all we need to understand our place in this infinite cosmological universe? Cuz if it is, it hasn't done such a good job so far. It contradicts itself regularly and then you guys have the balls to tell us that certain verses mean certain wisdom when you're in a certain mood. Real divine piece of literatue you've got there, difficult to see how you can't convince everyone to go along with it
edit on 13/3/2012 by MyrtlePlace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I see there are many more athiests than christians on ATS

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup
HAHAHAHA this thread is laughable at best!!!

OP sounds like either a) a troll, or b) just another religious zealot, in which case, welcome to ATS, we've gotten more or less used to your kind round here.

God didn't write the bible, men did. God didn't decide which books to include in it, men did. God didn't give the land where the state of israel exists to the jews, and they surely aren't his chosen people. BUT even if he did do all of those things there still wouldn't be any real, scientific proof it was the mythological god. Research where half of the stories in the bible come from, they are mostly old pagan stories retold. The movie Zeitgeist is pretty informative.

man did?

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Revelation 21

And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
2Peter1

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthOej Does the guy you quote (here) provide any evidence of his claims, or are we supposed to take his word for it?

He warned the people of Japan on Sept. 24 2010 that the Tsunami was coming BEFORE it happened:

Video Link 1
Video Link 2

"In the Pacific Ocean, Many Mighty angels of God have taken position around Japan and the disasters like earthquake will happen very soon."

He is warning us AGAIN here:

"I hear the Spirit of the Lord speaking many more great earthquakes are going to come upon the face of this world such as the world has never seen before, not since the time of Peleg” (earthquakes divided the continents during the days of Peleg, Genesis 10:25) (from 1 HR – 18 MIN point - Video

edit on 13-3-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added a link

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
What the bible claims ≠ What universe shows

Certainly you do not believe communication is a one way street? Does language only move from left to right?

boots ≠ stood ... But, boots have been known to have stood.
trophy ≠ effort ... But, a trophy is physical proof of an effort.
nude ≠ eden .... But they were reportedly nude in the garden of eden.
feed ≠ beef ... But, people have been known to feed on beef.

Truisms = truth.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".

Truly the English I tout is telling you the truth.

He's: "Letters change places" , help teach angels' secrets.

Or, I could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Only God can judge who the false prophets and dietys are. To make judgments on these things is contrary to what the Bible teaches.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Originally posted by racasan
What the bible claims ≠ What universe shows

Certainly you do not believe communication is a one way street? Does language only move from left to right?

boots ≠ stood ... But, boots have been known to have stood.
trophy ≠ effort ... But, a trophy is physical proof of an effort.
nude ≠ eden .... But they were reportedly nude in the garden of eden.
feed ≠ beef ... But, people have been known to feed on beef.

Truisms = truth.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".
Truly the English I tout is telling you the truth.
He's: "Letters change places" , help teach angels' secrets.
Or, I could be wrong.

Unless you're quoting Jesus himself you risk error. That includes John, and especially PAUL - and especially as interpreted by black/white minded people telling you what you'd better do or else ___.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by denynothing
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

I can't argue with that honestly, because I've wondered how Cain ended up having children myself. The best I can say is that Cain ended up marrying one of his sisters.

Cain went to the land of Nod where he hooked up with the other people on earth. (earth btw? maybe..this could be a tale of several different planets btw)

The Adam/Eve thing and family is a story about..basically a family in a experimental garden. the land of nod is sort of the next town over (or planet)...and plenty a people were there...all of different gods (hense why there are all sorts of names of gods in the OT...all with their own experiments)

Seriously, start putting 2 and 2 together.
This is not a single supernatural deity we are discussing..this is a race of something that was in essence creating and messing with a slave race.
The question becomes, is the deity from the garden the main god..aka, the captain or whatever of this fleet of erm..gods..(you will notice I highlighted the words US in my previous posts to you..that is very important to stumble across).

Scientifically speaking the race would have died out if this was little more than a case of perpetual incest...genetics don't do well with such intense streamlining.

I don't understand why people have such a hard time understanding this part of the bible . First and foremost remeber Satan is always trying to destroy Gods plans and this is the main theme so always think Satan what would he do to screw God over in this story as you read the bible . Ok this is easy

Genesis 1:26 the sixth day creation and a day to God is a thousand years to man so it is now year six thousand of the recreation of the earth 1:26 Let US make man in OUR image and OUR likeness .............this is when all the races were created ....... Gen. 1:28 god tells man to go forth to replenish the earth meaning that it was once filled with man and was destroyed.
Seventh day god rested another thousand years .
Eighth day God creates Adam and Eve who all living souls would come from . This is in a spiritual sense because Jesus would come from their bloodline and if you don't believe in Jesus you are dead so hence all living souls.
So in the garden Eve gets seduced by the tree of good and evil which is Satan , eve gets Adam to join I and bingo paternal twins . Cain has Satan for a dad and Abel has Adam . This is why Cain has his own bloodline in Genesis 4 and he is not listed in Adams bloodline Genesis 5 . Any way Cain gets evicted from the garden whines to God about they will kill me and God sets the mark of Cain on him to protect him .........just like in the end times Satan his dad will put the mark of the beast / Cain on his people.

Cain goes to nod which are the sixth day creation people's who have been breeding for about two thousand years and finds a wife. Simple if you just read the book and not listen to what churches of men teach.

Now remeber Satan and his fallen angels have been seducing woman creating the giants of genesis 6 for almost 2000 years also . These giants helped to build all the megolythic structures of old . The angels taught the people's all they knew about the stars and everything else and also made themselves Gods in some instances . This is why you see stuff older than the bible but it is all evil set up by Satan and his fallen angels . Peace hope I cleared this up a tad

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Only God can judge who the false prophets and dietys are. To make judgments on these things is contrary to what the Bible teaches.

Exactly, and that includes the characters in the bible. None of them were Jesus other than Jesus himself. And with the book ending in "Aman Ra" it links directly to the ancient Egyptian sun God too. Critical thinking is necessary to comprehend the stories and make Godly use of them. Simplistic thinking works better for controlling idiots and bullying everyone else.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by DarthOej Does the guy you quote provide any evidence of his claims, or are we supposed to take his word for it?

He warned the people of Japan on Sept. 24 2010 that the Tsunami was coming BEFORE it happened:

Video Link 1

YEAH WOW

And i won £500 through accurately predicting the results of 12 football games because i'm a prophet ya'll

What enabled me to win that money was a very very good understanding of such teams & individual players, basically knowledge, just like Jesus & the prophet Muhammad was clever guys, under your logic i to am a prophet for correctly predicting the outcome of 12 games in a row BEFORE they had even taken place
amazing, wow 12 games in a row how did you do that? well you see children its because i'm god

Is Japan on a major fault line... check, has it not had a major EQ in a while... check, i think i'm going to go with Japan for this bet, OMG it happened what are the odds, i'm so divine

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MyrtlePlace

I never said the Bible is God's word because it says so. I know what I believe to be true. That's all I care about. I'm not really going to dignify the rest of your post with a response.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Off Topic: I've been waiting for an exceptional atheist mind to tackle an OP on Consciousness. Maybe you're game? See ya, brother.

Well, I brush on it a bit on my thread listed in my sig..if the ops wants to weigh in on the topic, or create a new topic, I will respond.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If all one has to do is believe in Jesus Christ and have faith in Him and know that He died for our sins they will go to heaven when they are called upon what then is hard or wrong about that? People already believe in living their lives the way they want anyway. What would be so hard about believing in someone who died for them? I'll tell you what the problem is. Their of what people will think of them. He didn't care what people thought of Him when they crucified Him for our sins. He died without hesitation. For us. But yet we hesitate to believe in Him. Just simply believe in Him. Just to put Him in hearts and let Him have our souls which will go to Satan and into hell anyway. So I'd much rather my soul go somewhere it will remain beautiful and vibrant, and without pain and sorrow. Just by believing and having an ounce of faith. Of course i have complete faith in Jesus but you surely understand what I'm saying. I'm not afraid of whats coming upon this world but yet i fear God.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join