It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vsc1981
I'm new to ATS and so far I've enjoyed it. The motto for ATS is deny ignorance and I recently came across some ignorance from some people on ATS. You see the bible is God's work. We all know that. Its what He had people of His choosing to write so it could be preached and taught to the whole world so that His most loved creation could learn of Him and worship Him. So they could know of His commandments and follow them. And also to prepare for the second coming of Jesus. To warn of impending disasters to befall man and destroy His creation earth. He wants us to love and obey Him, and to fear Him. Not to worship false gods or prophets. To believe in only Him and only His word. Now these people that i mentioned seem to think that there is these other books that would have God contradicting Himself. Saying things like Jews aren't God's chosen people and He didn't give the land of Israel to the Jews. So i guess I'm just looking for some support on these issues.

i dont know any such thing. for all i know, the upanishads (800 bce) and vedas (1500 bce) predate your bibles torah (old testement 1400-1200 bce) and new testement (400 ce) so as the oldest must be true.

if your bible was written by a god, why the contridictions like proverbs 26 4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. 5 Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes. i chose this passage because its written by the same person, in the same book and contridicts itself as soon as written.

why has a jewish research team spent the last 50 yrs tracing the changes, mistranslations, additions, and deletions from the first 5 books of the torah.

if the bible is true, and jesus is the son of god/is god, then why do you not follow the law of moses as jesus says you should- matthew 5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (heaven and earth are still here, so the law must be in effect)

also, if your religion says my god(s) are false, and mine says yours are false, then its up to us to decide which is true. there fore its all a matter of opinion, no? since it comes down to opinion, and all opinions are equal, are not all religions equal?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
reply to post by SaturnFX

Fine the tree they couldn't eat was an apple tree, with the fruit bore the knowledge of Good and Evil. They were forbidden from eating from the tree of Good and Evil.

Was not an apple tree (or maybe it was, who knows, who cares.)
But...yes, so follow that thought..knowledge of good and evil.
God said dont eat it, the serpent said go on and eat it.
so, you got opposing orders...who to listen to...who to listen to.

One would say..well, you listen to god of course..cause you know..he is good and the snake is evil.
see the dilemma there? disobedience is a bad act..arguably evil unto god
but pre-fruit nom'ing, they had no concept of good/evil
so, equal voices, equal weight.
God should have known this...but he didn't (or did he..hmm)

Behold, Man has come like one of us knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever....unless they accept christ"
(ok, kidding that last bit about Christ wasn't there..different subject, but..very indecisive deity really..oh...and "us" is an interesting word, isn't it.)

So I don't get your suppression of knowledge argument, the whole thing was a test of faith and obedience. God gave the Garden and every other possible thing they could want, except the knowledge of evil.

And good...didn't know good either, such as, it would be good for you to listen to that dude...adhering to the word of god is good, etc.

After the consumption of the fruit, the knowledge of evil swept throughout the land.

And good.

It was a perfect existence before the consumption of the fruit. So if you want to argue the God kept the knowledge of evil from man then fine, but it was because we were not created to be evil.

And good.

No God does not specifically say do not build a tower to my dwelling, cool you win that argument. The Tower of Babel again though had nothing to do with knowledge it was man's sense of pride that caused the Tower to be built. Think of it essentially a monument to sin, they challenged God by building the tower to promote themselves not God.

Quote please...don't sum up. give the actual quote.
nevermind, I will do it for you:

And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

This says nothing at all about pride, sin, or anything.
This is a fear reaction, period, and nothing you can toss in and pretend is the motive erases the text.
You can say the gods did this because it didn't have a good sprinkler system, or parking was a pain, but thats just making stuff up in order for it to make sense to you....
because you refuse to accept the text as it simply sits.

God did this out of fear of his own superiority..man built this in the attempt to not be destroyed or scattered. God directly interfered with our own free will and self determination in order to secure his position of superiority

You can't even accept your own religion, because you know it doesn't make sense.

He destroyed it so as a monument could not be seen. God in the bible is higher than man,

Now we move into the new test.
Jesus = Dad and I are the same
Oh, and believe me and you are my equal and the same.
God is, according to jesus, not higher than us, we just need to accept and he is simply us.
But, what does this jesus guy know anyhow.

P.S. How do you make multiple quotes?

Always handy to simply hit "quote" and studying the tags made around stuff..but erm...I just do a /quote and a quote (both within the []bracket thingies of course) to seperate up the text wherever I want to interject something.
that what your asking?
also the tag: ex is a good one to use for having highlighted black box text thingies

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

The Bible is not GOD'S only work! It is an explanation and teaching about his UNLIMITED WORKS!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthOej

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

welcome to Ats. where the bible believers are ridiculed , hated, censored,and despised.
some people even say Islam is a more peaceful religion. some are so ignorant as to say Jesus never existed

most have been brainwashed threw the school system to believe a theory Charles darwin did not fully believe himself.

buckle up is gonna be a good ride.---another thing people here are highly taught by david ike and texxe marrs to believe "reptilians" are at the top of the pyramid
.,and to hate the Jewish state of Israel and to blame everything on the "Zionist"while the real elite get no attention.

everything you said is on point. but as Christians some times we shall do as Jesus said and not throw our pearls(Christs teachings) at swine or pigs (yea this is how Jesus referred to you brainwashed people)--

we are not here to convert the world, some times we should keep our treasures to ourselves.
God bless you brother.

as for proof the bible is the inerrant word of GOD and from outside our time domain...........

The arrogance of this post is staggering.

Point 1: There are smart, open-minded people who understand that there are other beliefs and ways of thinking than their own. There are also paranoid, narrow-minded people. People like you who see any difference of belief or opinion as an attack. You claim that you are hated, ridiculed, and despised, yet you shamelessly refer to other people as swine.

Point 2
ut Islam and Christianity side by side, and look at all of the atrocities committed by both since their founding. How many crusades and genocides have been waged in the name of Atheism, or people who don't follow organized religion?

"most have been brainwashed threw the school system to believe a theory Charles darwin did not fully believe himself." I especially love this one. Isn't that all your Bible is?

Yes you are not here to convert the world. You are entitled to believe what you want to believe. You and others like you shouldn't present those beliefs as absolute truth and expect not to be challenged. I think thats the whole issue with your ilk, you get challenged and that upsets you.

no sir.-- what does upset me is that when I SEE a THREAD about ALIENS,NiBURU,2012 HIGHER AWAKENING
HOLLOW EARTH THEORY,OR REPTILIANS I DONT CLICK ON THAT B.$ - BECAUSE I DONT BELIEVE IN THOSE TECHINGS --------SO WHY DO YALL CLICK ON THESE BIBLICAL THREADS AND EXPECT US TO PUT ASIDE OUR THEOLOGICAL ARGUMENTS TO TRY AND CONVINCE YOU THAT OUR HEVENLY FATHER EXIST.????-- IF YOU DONT WANNA HEAR ABOUT OUR TEACHINGS AND BELIEVES WHY VISIT THIS THREAD.IN THE FIRST PLACE ???

This proves my point exactly. You surround yourself in a bubble and block out everything that doesn't support your views.

I check out every thread I can even if I don't agree with the message because I am interested in what other people have to say. A lot of the things posted here seem pretty wild and outlandish, but I look anyway because I might learn something. I think that's the whole point of being a member here.

i chose to surround myself in a bubble because i am aware that God chooses man- man does not choose God.
having understood that i dont waste my time studying some thing twice that i have already debunked. most of you think because i follow the bible that i have not opened my mind to different possibilities.. i did not spend my life in a church as most of you think every christian has.. as a matter of fact i struggle today my self to follow the divine teachings but i keep pushing. --i have probably read more book than all of you here(not counting your harry poter). --if you are interested in what others have to say . why not sit and listen while they discus iv gave the wold a chance to show me something that could fit all the mysteries of the universe an it did.-

would you argue with some one who said the earth was flat?

link   

welcome to Ats. where the bible believers are ridiculed , hated, censored,and despised.
some people even say Islam is a more peaceful religion. some are so ignorant as to say Jesus never existed

most have been brainwashed threw the school system to believe a theory Charles darwin did not fully believe himself.

buckle up is gonna be a good ride.---another thing people here are highly taught by david ike and texxe marrs to believe "reptilians" are at the top of the pyramid
.,and to hate the Jewish state of Israel and to blame everything on the "Zionist"while the real elite get no attention.

everything you said is on point. but as Christians some times we shall do as Jesus said and not throw our pearls(Christs teachings) at swine or pigs (yea this is how Jesus referred to you brainwashed people)--

we are not here to convert the world, some times we should keep our treasures to ourselves.
God bless you brother.

as for proof the bible is the inerrant word of GOD and from outside our time domain...........

The arrogance of this post is staggering.

Point 1: There are smart, open-minded people who understand that there are other beliefs and ways of thinking than their own. There are also paranoid, narrow-minded people. People like you who see any difference of belief or opinion as an attack. You claim that you are hated, ridiculed, and despised, yet you shamelessly refer to other people as swine.

Point 2
ut Islam and Christianity side by side, and look at all of the atrocities committed by both since their founding. How many crusades and genocides have been waged in the name of Atheism, or people who don't follow organized religion?

"most have been brainwashed threw the school system to believe a theory Charles darwin did not fully believe himself." I especially love this one. Isn't that all your Bible is?

Yes you are not here to convert the world. You are entitled to believe what you want to believe. You and others like you shouldn't present those beliefs as absolute truth and expect not to be challenged. I think thats the whole issue with your ilk, you get challenged and that upsets you.

no sir.-- what does upset me is that when I SEE a THREAD about ALIENS,NiBURU,2012 HIGHER AWAKENING
HOLLOW EARTH THEORY,OR REPTILIANS I DONT CLICK ON THAT B.$ - BECAUSE I DONT BELIEVE IN THOSE TECHINGS --------SO WHY DO YALL CLICK ON THESE BIBLICAL THREADS AND EXPECT US TO PUT ASIDE OUR THEOLOGICAL ARGUMENTS TO TRY AND CONVINCE YOU THAT OUR HEVENLY FATHER EXIST.????-- IF YOU DONT WANNA HEAR ABOUT OUR TEACHINGS AND BELIEVES WHY VISIT THIS THREAD.IN THE FIRST PLACE ???

This proves my point exactly. You surround yourself in a bubble and block out everything that doesn't support your views.

I check out every thread I can even if I don't agree with the message because I am interested in what other people have to say. A lot of the things posted here seem pretty wild and outlandish, but I look anyway because I might learn something. I think that's the whole point of being a member here.

i chose to surround myself in a bubble because i am aware that God chooses man- man does not choose God.
having understood that i dont waste my time studying some thing twice that i have already debunked. most of you think because i follow the bible that i have not opened my mind to different possibilities.. i did not spend my life in a church as most of you think every christian has.. as a matter of fact i struggle today my self to follow the divine teachings but i keep pushing. --i have probably read more book than all of you here(not counting your harry poter). --if you are interested in what others have to say . why not sit and listen while they discus iv gave the wold a chance to show me something that could fit all the mysteries of the universe an it did.-

would you argue with some one who said the earth was flat?

link   

Originally posted by denynothing
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

I can't argue with that honestly, because I've wondered how Cain ended up having children myself. The best I can say is that Cain ended up marrying one of his sisters.

Cain went to the land of Nod where he hooked up with the other people on earth. (earth btw? maybe..this could be a tale of several different planets btw)

The Adam/Eve thing and family is a story about..basically a family in a experimental garden. the land of nod is sort of the next town over (or planet)...and plenty a people were there...all of different gods (hense why there are all sorts of names of gods in the OT...all with their own experiments)

Seriously, start putting 2 and 2 together.
This is not a single supernatural deity we are discussing..this is a race of something that was in essence creating and messing with a slave race.
The question becomes, is the deity from the garden the main god..aka, the captain or whatever of this fleet of erm..gods..(you will notice I highlighted the words US in my previous posts to you..that is very important to stumble across).

Scientifically speaking the race would have died out if this was little more than a case of perpetual incest...genetics don't do well with such intense streamlining.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.
There's truth in the bible but its not the only work of God. Consider mathmatics, ancient monuments, and many other sources of wisdom, especially for those not born into a Christian family. If you believe Jesus makes the choice on who enters heaven then its up to him, not you if his list contains some people from other religions. I'd be surprised if it didn't.

... some ignorance from some people on ATS. You see the bible is God's work.
We all know that. Its what He had people of His choosing to write so it could be preached and taught to the whole world so that His most loved creation could learn of Him and worship Him.
That's just speculation. It was written by MEN. Sure many were likely to have been inspired, like Nicola Tesla.

So they could know of His commandments and follow them. And also to prepare for the second coming of Jesus. To warn of impending disasters to befall man and destroy His creation earth. He wants us to love and obey Him, and to fear Him. Not to worship false gods or prophets.
So stop worshiping the book. Rip out a few pages and read from page 1. Don't idolize a book by a bunch of unknown men from 1800 years ago.

To believe in only Him and only His word. Now these people that i mentioned seem to think that there is these other books that would have God contradicting Himself. Saying things like Jews aren't God's chosen people and He didn't give the land of Israel to the Jews. So i guess I'm just looking for some support on these issues.
The support I'd offer is to get HONEST 1st. For example, consider the US constitution is "inspired". For without a work like that assuring a freedom of speech, how could a person express "faith" separate from compliance with their religious government? What Jesus did was cut through the pharisee crap that had conveyed the history book into a perscrition to hate on everyone else. Many Christians do that to this day. Like consider the abortion/sex perverted lawmaking of the right wingers. That violates a woman's body with blunt laws. That doesn't give her any support or teaching other than hate.
Its not just the message, its the messenger and the delivery that matter. And THAT's where many "Christians" go astray of their own favorite book. Misrepresenting with binary logic to control people with oppressive law represents riding the "Whore of Babylon". Contrast that with an honest truth questing reader finding value in the stories and hope in Jesus Christ.

So i guess I'm just looking for some support on these issues.
Hope that helps and God helps you put Jesus into a more secular perspective to help save more Gentiles without turning them off with 1/2 truths and authority-grabs.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

You people are something else. He is being attacked not for his views, but for the manner in which he presents them. Stop making arrogant posts that demean everyone who believes differently, them shamelessly claiming to be victims of the very same thing.

Does the guy you quote provide any evidence of his claims, or are we supposed to take his word for it?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Spoiler alert:

edit on 13-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

Would I argue with a person who said the Earth was FLAT? That would depend upon what type of person I was. If I was well infrormed and even if I wasn't...say I was a Cro Magnon...the direct decendent of Homospien...Cro Magnon...looked like us...was slightly taller on average than us...but we were them and they turned into us. They even had a slightly larger brain than Homosapien and there are ancient....60 thousand year old...drawings on stripped tree bark and other forms of ancient canvas...where the Moon is drawn or painted in a type of Art Drawing and painting style or design that uses shadow for where the suns light sourse strikes and where there is shadow.

Cro Magnon made these shadowed pictures, drawings or paintings in a way that depicts the Moon as being ROUND three dimentionally like a ball with shadows on certain interior portions of visable from Earth by the Eyes of some Lunar crators. The Sun is also depicted in paintings where in a certain sunset paintings...it is obvious that the shadowing upon the Earth as the Sun Sets and...even atmospheric lensing is painted...as the Sun will become Larger to the eyes and flatten out with a certain amount of Horizonatal Lensing near part of the Sun that has partialy set.

Reality is these ancestors of ours who we became Homosapiens from...knew the Moon and Sun were round and most likely knew the earth was round too. So to answer your question if I would argue that the Earth is flat...I would say...if I was a close minded IDIOT who was not smart enough to see reality all around be with my own eyes...especially when the Moon is bot a Crecent and the Solar Light partially illuminates the other side that is almost all dark to us or a New Moon...and this is solid proof the Moon is Round...thus the jump to the Earth Being Round is not that big a leap in understanding...then...even after seeing all this like my 60 Thousand year old ancestors did and I still did not think the Earth was round because the Church said it was FLAT....and I was too much of a coward to fight the Church...then...maybe I would argue for show as to not be burned at the stake!
Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I'm new to ATS and so far I've enjoyed it. The motto for ATS is deny ignorance and I recently came across some ignorance from some people on ATS. You see the bible is God's work. We all know that.

Got ant proof of that other than its you belief /opinion?

Which you are entitled to,

Its what He had people of His choosing to write so it could be preached and taught to the whole world so that His most loved creation could learn of Him and worship Him. .

A god that is INSECURE? surely not? what you are describing is a selfish insecure me me me my my my god, doesn't sound like a god a god has apparently not imperfections, atr least thats my understanding so is he a leader or dictator like god?

He created us to worship him? well i rebel this is my life he can Foxtrot Oscar... i worship nobody, and if there is a god, he should show him self and ONLY then i would thank him for my life and a beautiful world to live in, but i am not his slave, and he should understand that i wish to live my life this way, maybe he messed the programming up with me and many others where we are less responsive to his worshiping sheeple demands or maybe another much kinder god did lol, that's not my fault right, he made me, or maybe he didn't maybe he just wanted us to live and experience this life freemen, and only the less intelligent designs hung around his arse worshiping him like a child to a mother, or like some freaks worship pop stars,

In fact look at some sad peoples needs to worships pop stars & celebrities, they throw themselves at them hysterically because they have NO SELF BELIEF, which imo shows that god is a human creation, people need god for comfort, its totally the wrong way to go about it.. people need to believe in themselves to achieve amazing things, if you worship a believe in others you achieve NOTHING, other then the title of sheeple, so is god denying us as a species in achieving great things?

So they could know of His commandments and follow them. And also to prepare for the second coming of Jesus. To warn of impending disasters to befall man and destroy His creation earth. He wants us to love and obey Him,

This god DEFINITELY sounds more and more like a dictator. not for me im afraid, besides religion is the reason there is no peace on earth, certainly not for me,

Right so the man who had the power to create EVERYTHING in the universe can't stop his creation earth perishing, sounds kinda BS to me,

also it sound like his saying or you are saying, worship me worship me or the worlds going to end LOL

and to fear Him. Not to worship false gods or prophets. To believe in only Him and only His word. Now these people that i mentioned seem to think that there is these other books that would have God contradicting Himself. Saying things like Jews aren't God's chosen people and He didn't give the land of Israel to the Jews. So i guess I'm just looking for some support on these issues

Well no offense but if there are other gods and prophets, after listening to you gods demands i would be open to hearing other gods rules because as i said these sound quite dictatorship demands, please anybody reading over this, and again no offense to you at all, but if you are a Muslim and thi nk now is a great time to be sending me snippets from the Qur'an forget it, yours is even worst, and far more brutal

God did not create man, man created God just like we did with jesus or the prophet Muhammad, they're both human creations & over exaggerations of years of Chinese whispers & conspiracy's thrown in, because we men do that... ALOT, you want proof? what website are you on again people? EXACTLY, case closed, in every sense of the word, why? because they bare all the hallmarks of human traits, if anything the bible is a lawbook to live by like windows OS for your computer or modern day governments laws, they're nothing more than guidance's for a civilization of cavemen, and if there is such thing as god, or "our creator", hes not human but ET,

Just stay close to the light, be a good man, and live your own lifes, if there is a god he did not bring you into consciousness to spend your life worshiping him every day of the week, thats like creating a robot to give you compliments all day because you lack self esteem, he wanted to you live your own life and to worship your self and enjoy this gift of life, do no wrong, and contribute to his society/creation, the universe, how you going to do that sitting in a church or mosque all day everyday?

edit on 13-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormson ...why has a jewish research team spent the last 50 yrs tracing the changes, mistranslations, additions, and deletions from the first 5 books of the torah.

They have done FAR more than just tracing changes, and they have been at work for a long long time, you have to remember these are the descendants of the people who crucified Jesus. (Illuminati)

"Christ came to earth when the conspiracy reached the stage that, to use His own Words, Satan controlled all those in high places. He exposed the synagogue of Satan (Rev. 2:9;3:9); he denounced those who belonged to it as sons of the Devil (Lucifer), whom He castigated as the father of lies (John 8:44) and the prince of deceit (2nd Cor. 11:14). He was specific in His statement that those who comprised the synagogue of Satan were those who CALLED themselves Jews, but were not, and did lie (Rev. 2:9; 3:9). He identified the Money-Changers (Bankers), the Scribes, and the Pharisees as the Illuminati of His day." Illuminati Scribes and Pharisees

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Murgatroid

You people are something else. He is being attacked not for his views, but for the manner in which he presents them. Stop making arrogant posts that demean everyone who believes differently, them shamelessly claiming to be victims of the very same thing.
Does the guy you quote provide any evidence of his claims, or are we supposed to take his word for it?

As i just posted, the original post was loaded with binary-language based errors. Not just 1 but error upon error with the only seeming reference to reach him being how one might interpret the bible itself. That's not arrogant to deameaning him to point that out. Rather it might be educational to him or someone similar coming from a religion where many don't even read the doctrine and seem all to willing to be told what and how to think.

Consider that an analogy to "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". Being wrong about some aspects may not damn a person to hell but as a Christian myself I can say it makes it way harder to get someone else to read the bible. I do better getting athiests to consider paranormal and ancient alians stuff - whith the hope the hmmmmm maybe its worth a read..

And I'd definately recommend that ANYONE who hasn't read the bible cover to cover should seriously avoid all churches other than the Unitarian Universialists. They're setup just waiting for another victim that way.

The UUs embrace the truth-quest and book sharing and collaboration in individuals finding what's true.

Otherwise, for they loved not the truth... (Thes 2)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

Would I argue with a person who said the Earth was FLAT?

The earth is flat right here in my living room. Sure you could argue, but remember that CONTEXT is critical.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Wow you think I am naive? I speak of spiritual truths, you speak of worldly truths. And I guess Antisemitism is just fine then, if your logic follows through. Goes to show about where you are in your walk. Jesus Christ wasn't crucified by any sect or group, he was crucified for a reason and was "born to die."
If you were so informed on Biblical truth you'd know these things.
And if you arn't informed, maybe your posting in the wrong thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I'm new to ATS and so far I've enjoyed it. The motto for ATS is deny ignorance and I recently came across some ignorance from some people on ATS. You see the bible is God's work. We all know that. Its what He had people of His choosing to write so it could be preached and taught to the whole world so that His most loved creation could learn of Him and worship Him. So they could know of His commandments and follow them. And also to prepare for the second coming of Jesus. To warn of impending disasters to befall man and destroy His creation earth. He wants us to love and obey Him, and to fear Him. Not to worship false gods or prophets. To believe in only Him and only His word. Now these people that i mentioned seem to think that there is these other books that would have God contradicting Himself. Saying things like Jews aren't God's chosen people and He didn't give the land of Israel to the Jews. So i guess I'm just looking for some support on these issues.

Until you can prove that you have any more authority over my opinion than myself, I'm going to remain "ignorant". Because quite frankly, I believe that anyone who reads a book written by a few blokes with no technology, science or metaphysical understanding, over 2,000 years ago in sand huts surrounded by hallucinogenic plants, and stakes his life on it, is the real fool. Then you'll say, "But God wrote that anyone who defaces the bible will be smited and sent to Hell!" Yeah, alright buddy, you believe that. But be under no illusion; God didn't write that book, men did. They wrote that very passage. You can trust them if you like, but don't pretend that you're really trusting God. You're trusting the words on a page of another man. Don't kid yourself.

I mean that book of yours sure does a good job of making sure men don't think of themselves and surrender their authority to a higher power (usually another man). seems like a very redundant religion to me considering many of these people you surrender your authority to (religious leaders) are some of the most heinous criminals and sinners of this world. real convenient for the world leaders that you willingly surrender your life's existence to supporting THEIR beliefs. (on that note, do you even have any of your own beliefs or opinions on spirituality or would that be sacrilege?)

I believe there's a Source to everything and that this Source is the embodiment of pure positive energy and unconditional love for its creation (us). and that we are physical extensions of that Source energy who exist separately from eachother only in illusion so that we might be able to meet Ourself (we are all One and we are all God).

I also think that this God you describe, who feels insecure and vengeful towards his own creation, lays out a set of rules for us to follow and then sends us to Hell when we disobey, meanwhile telling us he loves us and has given us "free will" is an idiot at best, a bad god at worst, and quite frankly I want nothing to do with it. God sounds just like the government, "I'm here for you... so long as you're here for me". i'd rather burn in hell with the red devil than spend eternity in heaven with some self-righteous hypocrite god who created us solely so that he might feel good about himself, and so that he might have a pet to punish when he gets bored. it's no difficult feat to understand why the world is in such dire shape today when people who share your opinion run the place.

when you pull your head out of your ass and realise we're all One, there is no Hell or Heaven only the One eternal Moment that we all co-create and co-exist in, then I won't say "i told you so" because I won't have to. But don't you call me the idiot because I use the Mind god gave me to think independantly for myself and find my own Answers rather than accept yours in blind faith without hesitation based on a book written by a bunch of men you've never met before. the bible has been cut and chopped, books added and removed, for thousands of years, by all manner of self-motivated churches, and you still trust that thing? and then you have the audacity to call us non-believers the idiots? good god man. pull your sh*t together before it's too late and you waste a whole incarnation trusting those corrupted men of yesterday. you can only trust yourself in this modern world mate, and believe me, if God is who he claims to be, he'll surely understand this. and if he doesn't, then he's not very good at what he does
edit on 13/3/2012 by MyrtlePlace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
if your god is so almighty then why would he need to make over 80,000 different variations of his bible. wouldn't he need to make just one? the thing is man has written every single one of those books. not just that, there is no original. to me it sounds like your god was a space alien and the confused people didn't know how to interpret it. not just that, there are 16,000 different discrepancies in each volume. your god doesn't seem all mighty after all. ignorance denied.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

The only proof the Bible is God's word is that the bible says it is. Not logical at all. Even if it is the word of God, it has been corrupted by authoritative biases and gross mistranslations.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by stormson ...why has a jewish research team spent the last 50 yrs tracing the changes, mistranslations, additions, and deletions from the first 5 books of the torah.

They have done FAR more than just tracing changes, and they have been at work for a long long time, you have to remember these are the descendants of the people who crucified Jesus. (Illuminati)

"Christ came to earth when the conspiracy reached the stage that, to use His own Words, Satan controlled all those in high places. He exposed the synagogue of Satan (Rev. 2:9;3:9); he denounced those who belonged to it as sons of the Devil (Lucifer), whom He castigated as the father of lies (John 8:44) and the prince of deceit (2nd Cor. 11:14). He was specific in His statement that those who comprised the synagogue of Satan were those who CALLED themselves Jews, but were not, and did lie (Rev. 2:9; 3:9). He identified the Money-Changers (Bankers), the Scribes, and the Pharisees as the Illuminati of His day." Illuminati Scribes and Pharisees

The world doesn't care about what Muslims accuse the jews of being, or what the jews accuse Muslims of being, the world has been trying to defuse the moronic mayhem created in that part of the world for thousands of years

you both need to live in peace side by side, period! you're both as bad as each other period, and when you both stop insulting each other teaching your childrens to hate each other or calling each other the devil in the hopes it will make it easier for one of you to turn each other into glass, you have proved you are the evil one, because wiping a nation of the face of the map is not considered an act of a good man,

just maybe..... both you jews & muslims are the evil ones, just maybe RELIGION IS EVIL, bunch of deluded worshiping moron imo, no god would want to be worshiped, only a dictator /devil would, the world would be a better place with you all gone

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This thread it totally rampant with naysayers and people who claim to be denying ignorance but are truly enforcing it. I have absolutely nothing against other spirituality's and religions, really, that's between you and your higher power. But I believe that in order to deny ignorance, you have to be informed. If you are not informed, and are spouting your mouth, you are enforcing ignorance. Plain and simple.
If you want to really challenge those of us who believe, go for it. Bring your best. Simply saying "OP YOU SAID WE ALL KNOW THE BIBLE IS GODS WORD WELL GUESS WHAT???!?!?! WE ALL DON'T KNOW THAT," is silly. Bring you best, that's just juvenile.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join