It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
OP I truly do appreciate this thread, thank you for creating it.
The Bible is God's word. The Bible is the only piece of prophetic writing that is 100 percent accurate. Those of you looking for evidence should research the messianic prophecy in the book of Daniel.
Jews are God's chosen people. I once heard a pastor made the statement that antisemitism is inherent in the heart of a sinful man. Interesting interpretation. This is why it's important for believers to keep updated on the political situation in Israel.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by aardvark888
reply to post by SaturnFX

Oh Yes! Evolution is obviously the best explanation for the world we live in. Nothing exploded, then out of a slimey pool on planet earth, every living creature evolved! Oh YES! I'll stake my eternity on that, sound solid!

Glad your on board.

incidently

What would a deity want, someone whom was curious about the environment it was put in, or a mindless drone that would never think to even contemplate its surroundings?

Consider your answer, then consider the deity you follow.

If God requires us to be mindless idiots that refuse to acknowledge evidence, he clearly screwed up his design of the human brain. Why would I want to spend an eternity with a imperfect creator whom thinks too highly of itself?

Of course he wants us to question...he says so himself. God considers it 'noble" even.

Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. (Acts 17:11)

My best guess is, however, that he doesn't think it's all that important to dissect how he did it all. Kind of takes one away from the spiritual lessons and ties the mind up in minutiae I would think. Peace.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

You see the bible is God's work. We all know that.

That's a false argument...''we all know that''. Kind of creepy to just assert that and then try to bring in the Jewish issue. Combine that with the lack of skill in writing, lack of critical thinking presented, blind obedience presented...and what do we get? An unstable individual or a troll. Either way, two of the last people anyone should take advice from regarding religion.

And just to let it out...
Hottest topic right now?

Deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

Uhhh.. Dude you just started out saying deny ignorance, yet you posted a tiny pointless ignorant thread...
What did you expect back from what you wrote? I would LOVE to believe in god and think all that's true
as I was brought up christian buuut after growing up an learning more an more about the world, that belief is
getting smaller and smaller for many reasons. I really only posted because you said you been on the site
an liking it then said that ignorance thing an I just want to say ALOT of other people believe in different things
or in a way nothing at all, and that's very rude (pretty dumb too, no offense) to assume that everyone that
doesn't believe god is ignorant..? So you went around reading post and thought this was a christian site...?

I'm sorry can you please explain to me what you were thinking?!?
I really don't even know what to say
I feel like your just a kid.....Sorry for rudeness, your post just made me laugh for like contradicting yourself

Oh ya are you just being a troll..?
edit on 13-3-2012 by Gawdlike because: Troll>?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
We don't persecute Christians because we're evil.

We do it because you're obnoxious, and generally behave in the exact opposite manner, of the man whose name you use.

Exactly, its the hypocrisy stupid. Got a brain? READ THE BOOK, read other books. Then you might be able to represent some of what Jesus stood for rather than the opposite of Jesus's intent. Its' being used to enslave people into cults like Jim Jones and David Koresh, Catholicism, and so-on.

I've been to dozens of churches - and NONE of them seem to stay Godly for very long. The best one yet is a tiny little thing where the leader isn't trying to grow - its more like a little social club. It seems the church-model struggles where the "biggest turds float to the top of the ses pool".

BTW, the Koran starts off with rule after rule too - its another doctrine to enslave people. Another "whore of babylon" so to speak. That book is no where near as good of an education as the bible - but more effective for creating slaves.

Also, now that we got NDAA the days are short where a statement of faith is more than a statement of compliance with a religiously motivated satanic govt (what religion is Obama? really? ???).

[innuendo's intended]

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST
welcome to Ats. where the bible believers are ridiculed , hated, censored,and despised.

At least in their mind.

all those Christians in your statistics are like the crypo-jews, they just claim the name. it is easy to tell. Christianity is a way of life not a label you can wear. it is a personal relationship with Christ.
i can tell you the real church is much smaller than that, but i don't need to prove any thing. there is however a plot from the satanic elite to slowly unite all religions, governments,and to abolish culture,..they have infiltrated most of the large part of the mainstream Christians. most of TBN. there is plan for the systematic destruction of Christianity from within. just like with America...----those who oppose the new world will be wiped off the map.
most that say they hate the elite or illuminati will gladly recieve the mark of the beast in order to buy or sell anything.*imagine*- the average idiot can not live without their f* phone .. not if but when this comes to pass people will be begging for the new world order to save them.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by reitze

We don't persecute Christians because we're evil.

We do it because you're obnoxious, and generally behave in the exact opposite manner, of the man whose name you use.

Exactly, its the hypocrisy stupid. Got a brain? READ THE BOOK, read other books. Then you might be able to represent some of what Jesus stood for rather than the opposite of Jesus's intent. Its' being used to enslave people into cults like Jim Jones and David Koresh, Catholicism, and so-on.

I've been to dozens of churches - and NONE of them seem to stay Godly for very long. The best one yet is a tiny little thing where the leader isn't trying to grow - its more like a little social club. It seems the church-model struggles where the "biggest turds float to the top of the ses pool".

BTW, the Koran starts off with rule after rule too - its another doctrine to enslave people. Another "whore of babylon" so to speak. That book is no where near as good of an education as the bible - but more effective for creating slaves.

Also, now that we got NDAA the days are short where a statement of faith is more than a statement of compliance with a religiously motivated satanic govt (what religion is Obama? really? ???).

[innuendo's intended]

I myself am a theist... I believe Jesus was the son of God. I don't go around attacking religion plain and simply because of the fact that there is much more wrong doing going on in the world right now real time such as dictators and the likes.

There is plenty of other bad karma going around on the planet to even consider the the multiple houses of worship and beliefs of the world. There are only a few left who are in control of anything like a nation which have corrupted their theism and used it against their people to enslave them rather than to free.

eventually...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vsc1981
If these words are words of pagan stories then you are living in a farie tale.... Come on read it. Don't talk down on somebody cause they believe in the bible. Thats whats wrong with our country and the world today.

If you have read the bible and don't see that the stories in it come from the ancient Sumerian texts and the Egyptian Book of the Dead, then you are living the tale. It is nothing except for re-told stories from religions around thousands of years before the Jews left EGYPT (where they learned them). Do you say "Amen"? At the end of your prayers? If so, congratulations on ending prayers with a "pagan" tradition - the way that Egyptians ended prayers with the name of their God - Amen - meaning "powerful one".

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleSun

If these words are words of pagan stories then you are living in a farie tale.... Come on read it. Don't talk down on somebody cause they believe in the bible. Thats whats wrong with our country and the world today.

If you have read the bible and don't see that the stories in it come from the ancient Sumerian texts and the Egyptian Book of the Dead, then you are living the tale. It is nothing except for re-told stories from religions around thousands of years before the Jews left EGYPT (where they learned them). Do you say "Amen"? At the end of your prayers? If so, congratulations on ending prayers with a "pagan" tradition - the way that Egyptians ended prayers with the name of their God - Amen - meaning "powerful one".

I don't believe everyone in the world is quite ready for you guys level of humanity... really I just don't... just think of how many are in prisons worldwide!

only the American Atheist is that enlightened.

edit on 13-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Look Hawkiye, it's very simple, every human being knows in their heart of hearts that God is God and God wrote the Bible and created the Earth 6,000 years ago. There was a Garden there, and a talking snake, and two magical trees we weren't supposed to eat from. Everyone knows this is a fact, but they deny it because they want to do horrible things and go on sinning, unlike those who serve God, cause we ALL know that Christians never go on sinning

Seriously though can you imagine a Scientologist or a Mormon coming in here with that kind of baseless certitude? It's funny how we'll all laugh at a crazy idea until it becomes socially acceptable or becomes the religious norm, then all of a sudden everyone is just supposed to accept it. When anyone questions it suddenly there's a "war" against it

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
This Chuck Missler video you people put up is absolutely hilarious. You do realize he is doing numerology with the English language King James bible, right? How is this meaningful in any way? The English language as present in the KJ bible DID NOT EXIST when the original texts of the bible were written by humans and would not exist for another several hundred years. Just goes to show many of you "Soldiers for Jesus" (which is a contradiction in and of itself) will fall for anything if only it verifies your belief. So much trash "information" in this thread its hard to know where to begin bashing it.

I think ATS needs to make a separate website for religious lunatics, with the motto "Embrace Ignorance."

the codes are in Greek my friend. some from the Septuagint some are in hebrew from the torah.-pay attention
and dont get me started on the art of war. spiritual war. it is coming in our lifetimes.
WHO ARE YOU TO SAY WHAT IS A CONTRADICTION IN THE BIBLE WHEN YOU DONT READ IT.
-most of you are taught to stereotype right away-

Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”[e] 16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.
A Call to Persevere
17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

20 But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.[f]
-Jude 1:14-22 kjv-

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

There's only one problem with this picture. If they were honest, the gays psychologically need Christians to persecute them, just as much as Christians need to carry out said persecution. If you take victimhood away from the Left in general, you take away its' reason to exist.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I guess your serious? Really? First off, we ALL don't know that little factoid you started your post with. You started with the " We all know that" so we can"t question if it's real BS. And it's BS. lieing arse MAN wrote the bible, and we ALL KNOW that. That's about all we do know. No evidence, what so ever for beleiving in a fairey tale..

So with that said, and your new to ATS. Show us a pic of God, or none of it ever happened. Deny Ignorance, Or keep beleiving in that little book of fairey tales.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Adam and Eve were booted from heaven because God specifically told them to not eat from the tree, they disobeyed God plain and simple. He kicked them because of that. Its the same with the tower of Babel, we were defying God when we tried to enter his realm through the tower. Thus we were punished, it has nothing to do with intelligence or anything else you are trying to argue. It all deals with us challenging the laws he has set forth.

Onto the next topic that you seem to think you beat me on, the original sin as a term may have come from the guy I'll give you that. However the effects are biblical, it ruined the Earth and brought sin into the world. Sin was brought into this world through Adam and Eve in their defiance, which broke our relationship with God. Hence the reason for Jesus Christ to come and save us with his sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthOej

welcome to Ats. where the bible believers are ridiculed , hated, censored,and despised.
some people even say Islam is a more peaceful religion. some are so ignorant as to say Jesus never existed

most have been brainwashed threw the school system to believe a theory Charles darwin did not fully believe himself.

buckle up is gonna be a good ride.---another thing people here are highly taught by david ike and texxe marrs to believe "reptilians" are at the top of the pyramid
.,and to hate the Jewish state of Israel and to blame everything on the "Zionist"while the real elite get no attention.

everything you said is on point. but as Christians some times we shall do as Jesus said and not throw our pearls(Christs teachings) at swine or pigs (yea this is how Jesus referred to you brainwashed people)--

we are not here to convert the world, some times we should keep our treasures to ourselves.
God bless you brother.

as for proof the bible is the inerrant word of GOD and from outside our time domain...........

The arrogance of this post is staggering.

Point 1: There are smart, open-minded people who understand that there are other beliefs and ways of thinking than their own. There are also paranoid, narrow-minded people. People like you who see any difference of belief or opinion as an attack. You claim that you are hated, ridiculed, and despised, yet you shamelessly refer to other people as swine.

Point 2
ut Islam and Christianity side by side, and look at all of the atrocities committed by both since their founding. How many crusades and genocides have been waged in the name of Atheism, or people who don't follow organized religion?

"most have been brainwashed threw the school system to believe a theory Charles darwin did not fully believe himself." I especially love this one. Isn't that all your Bible is?

Yes you are not here to convert the world. You are entitled to believe what you want to believe. You and others like you shouldn't present those beliefs as absolute truth and expect not to be challenged. I think thats the whole issue with your ilk, you get challenged and that upsets you.

no sir.-- what does upset me is that when I SEE a THREAD about ALIENS,NiBURU,2012 HIGHER AWAKENING
HOLLOW EARTH THEORY,OR REPTILIANS I DONT CLICK ON THAT B.$ - BECAUSE I DONT BELIEVE IN THOSE TECHINGS --------SO WHY DO YALL CLICK ON THESE BIBLICAL THREADS AND EXPECT US TO PUT ASIDE OUR THEOLOGICAL ARGUMENTS TO TRY AND CONVINCE YOU THAT OUR HEVENLY FATHER EXIST.????-- IF YOU DONT WANNA HEAR ABOUT OUR TEACHINGS AND BELIEVES WHY VISIT THIS THREAD.IN THE FIRST PLACE ???

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You see the bible is God's work.

Nope, no I don't.

We all know that.

Nope, no we don't.

So they could know of His commandments and follow them. And also to prepare for the second coming of Jesus.

You mean like second commandment, that was conveniently erased, and 10th sliced in half? Hmm? Hmm?

Talking bout ignorance....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Theres a passage in the bible about it (2Peter 3:8,10).

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

There's only one problem with this picture. If they were honest, the gays psychologically need Christians to persecute them, just as much as Christians need to carry out said persecution. If you take victimhood away from the Left in general, you take away its' reason to exist.

1) Come to find out, being gay is not being a democrat...there are gay conservatives, liberals, facists, communists, apathetic, etc.
I love it though...you are so absurdly wrapped up in the left V right mentality that you apply it to every single thing in the universe
I bet you toss away vegetables on your dinner plate because its probably liberal..

2) You said, if you remove the persecution of someone, you stop the need to fight persecution
where I say..no s--t sherlock.
Also things of obvious note,
if you stop beating your wife, your wife won't feel the need to ask you not to beat her anymore
if you stop murdering people, then people will stop complaining about murder.

I think your problem is you type before putting any thought into what your saying. How old are you? I am guessing either very, very young, or very, very old.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I am an AGNOSTIC...but I know my History. There was once a Spring Solstace Holiday and Festival of fertility...Pagan in nature called the The Holiday of ESTER. The Christians changed it to EASTER.

Ever wonder what Baskets filled with grass and eggs and chicks and bunnies has to do with Jesus Christ?....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

I'm thinking that you don't know your history as well as you think that you know it.
The only thing pagan about Christian Easter is its name.

Bunnies, eggs, baskets, chickens, etc... are not, and never were part of the Christian celebration of Easter. They are American marketing icons for the holiday that were added by American corporations. The same with all the Christmas stuff like trees, Santa Clause (in his current “form”), etc.. They took all these various historical/pagan traditions and injected them into the holidays, not the church.

You will never walk into a Christian Church on Easter and see any of those pagan icon sitting on the alter.

The reason why Easter falls when it does is because that is when the actual event happened. We know this because it happened during the Jewish Passover.

EASTER THE ORIGIN OF EASTER: The English word Easter and the German Ostern come from a common origin (Eostur, astur, Ostara, Ostar), which to the Norsemen meant the season of the rising (growing) sun, the season of new birth. The word was used by our ancestors to designate the Feast of New Life in the spring. The same root is found in the name for the place where the sun rises (East, Ost). The word Easter, then, originally meant the celebration of the spring sun, which had its birth in the East and brought new life upon earth. This symbolism was transferred to the supernatural meaning of our Easter, to the new life of the Risen Christ, the eternal and uncreated Light. Based on a passage in the writings of Saint Bede the Venerable, the term Easter has often been explained as the name of an Anglo-Saxon goddess (Eostre), though no such goddess is known in the mythologies of any Germanic tribe. Modern research has made it quite clear that Saint Bede erroneously interpreted the name of the season as that of a goddess. -Francis X. Weiser, Handbook of Christian Feasts and Customs (New York: Harcourt, Brace & World, Inc., 1958), p. 211. Copyright 1952 by Francis X. Weiser.

O S T A R A (around March 21st but date may vary by more than two days ) also known as: Spring Equinox, Ostara, Alban Eiler, Esther, Eostre, Ostarun, ™startag', Eastre, Eoastrae, Oestre The first true day of Springtide. The days and nights are now equal in length as the Young God continues to mature and grow. We begin to see shoots of new growth and swelling buds on the trees. Energy is building as the days become warmer with promise.

date of Easter 1170

1170 At the Council of Nicaea in 325, all the Churches agreed that Easter, the Christian Passover, should be celebrated on the Sunday following the first full moon (14 Nisan) after the vernal equinox. Because of the different methods of calculating the 14th day of the month of Nisan, the date of Easter in the Western and Eastern Churches is not always the same. For this reason, the Churches are currently seeking an agreement in order once again to celebrate the day of the Lord's Resurrection on a common date.

To verify this is indeed Roman Catholic ritual, see the above at the Vatican's website here... www.vatican.va... or here... www.vatican.va... (On this page look for item # 1170)

The Pagan Spring Solstice....of many names...one being the Celebration of ESTER....was occuring thousands of years pior to the Birth of Jesus Christ or Event of Passover. So much for your version of History. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
Adam and Eve were booted from heaven because God specifically told them to not eat from the tree, they disobeyed God plain and simple.

Right. And then they had two sons. Then one killed another, probably from boredom. So Adam and Eve had some more children. And then......? Well. the ONLY way was that those children started to have sex with each other. Or with parents. Dunno which one is more sick.

Which means that humanity is fruit of incest. All according to The Book (unless I missed some parts)

Isn't that just dandy?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join